Fan Fiction ❯ Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You ❯ Terra Tells A Tale, Barbara Tells A Secret ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You
 
Chapter Twenty-Four
“Terra Tells A Story; Barbara Tells A Secret”
 
A/N: I realize the last chapter was a lot shorter than usual; but I really wanted to end it the way I did, and couldn't think of any way to make it longer differently. Anyway, this chapter shall be dedicated to Thoughtdisease; for two reasons. One, you were cool enough to read and review this story even after it had been going on for so long. I thank you for that. And two; it was something you said in your gigantic review that helped me get over my writer's block - and for that, I REALLY thank you. And I thank all the rest of you who have read this story too; so now I'll thank you all by ending these annoying notes and starting the story!
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
Beast Boy stood in a trance. He could not think, nor could he move. It was like every vessel of blood that had been in transit to his brain was suddenly frozen in his veins. His eyes saw her, but the rest of him refused to believe it. Terra could not be here. It was impossible. Terra was in the past - he had accepted that a long time ago and he had moved on.
 
However, as impossible as it seemed, there was no mistaking her.
 
Terra was standing in front of him; alive and well. Her face was the same; her blonde hair was the same. She was dressed strangely - she wore what looked like some kind of hospital gown. However, since she'd been dressed like Slade's apprentice the last time Beast Boy had seen her; this was an vast improvement. It had to be Terra; there was no other explanation.
 
“Been a while, huh Beast Boy?” Terra offered him a smile; but it was weak and filled with nerves. A moment later Terra broke down and threw herself on the ground at Beast Boy's feet, wrapping her arms around his legs. “Please just hear me out! I know what you're probably thinking, but I didn't know where else to go! I know you have no reason to trust me; but I need help and I just hoped . . .”

She trailed off. Terra's stopped speaking and instead she buried her head in Beast Boy's knees, sobbing. Beast Boy wasn't sure if he should scream, or try to comfort her. He was still in such a state of shock just from seeing Terra that he could hardly process any of this. Beast Boy was not a thinker; he was a dreamer. It was hard for logic to pierce his skull and reach his brain. All he could handle for the moment was the image of Terra hugging his knees and sobbing like a frightened child.

“T-Terra? How, I mean, you, Slade, and I, no way. This is, you can't be, I saw you, and there was, and you, I mean - ” Beast Boy shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again and found a teary-eyed Terra staring up at him, he finally found some words. “Can you explain?”
 
Terra released his legs and backed up. She was staring at him now; her eyes locked with his. Beast Boy felt cold. There was something strange about Terra's eyes. They seemed . . . different. Granted, it had been a long, long time since he last looked into her eyes - but they had been so different then. Terra's eyes always had quiet warmth to them. Even when she had been betraying him to Slade, Beast Boy had seen warmth in her eyes. Now however, all he was darkness and a extreme cold stare. It reminded him more of Trigon than Terra.
 
“I . . . I don't know.” Terra said quietly, tearing her eyes away from his and instead looking down at herself. “I remember everything up to the fight with Slade . . . then nothing until a few weeks ago. I woke up. I was in a laboratory of some kind. There were these scientist there, running tests on me. I was strapped to a bed and they would just keep poking me with needles and hooking me up to strange machines all day. I was scare Beast Boy. For a few days, I was just a lab experiment to them. And then one day I woke up and they were dead. All of them. It was horrible. Something ripped them apart. But I was alive . . . and I wasn't strapped to the bed anymore.”
 
“What killed them?” Beast Boy asked instantly; a blend of concern and suspicion in his voice.

Terra shook her head. “I don't know; and I don't know why whoever, or whatever, killed them didn't kill me too. All I know is I was scared. So I used my powers and broke free. I was in Metropolis, it turned out. Anyway, I knew I couldn't stay there. I was so confused and scared . . . so I came here. I thought you guys would know what to do with me . . . but when I got here, you all were gone. So I waited, y'know? I went to . . .” Terra paused and nibbled on her lip. She sighed and continued. “I went to stay in one of Slade's old hideouts. I didn't know where else to go, and I thought his surveillance equipment might still be in place. Then I'd know when you all got back.”
 
“So you wake up in a secret lab in Metropolis and they run tests on you, then one day all the scientists are killed by something that also happens to free you before disappearing, and then you decide to go crash at one of Slade's old hideouts?” Beast Boy summed up her story in a voice that dripped with suspicion.
 
“I know how it sounds.” Terra whispered. “But it's the truth. I don't care if you believe me or not. I didn't kill those scientists, Beast Boy, and I don't know why I didn't die with them.”
 
Beast Boy sighed. “That . . . I'm sorry. I just . . .”

“Don't. You have every right to distrust every word coming out of my mouth.” Terra announced. “And I won't blame you if you don't want to help me, or if you don't believe me. Just let me finish explaining.”
 
“Okay Terra, go ahead.”
 
“I stayed in Slade's old lair, just waiting. I couldn't figure out where you guys were. Slade had surveillance equipment in his lair, of the tower, so I sat and watched it all day. Finally I saw a spaceship land, and all of you got out of it. I was going to come to the tower then and ask for help but . . . you all looked so different. It was like you'd just gotten back from hell and you were relieved to have survived.”
 
“Something like that.” Beast Boy confirmed; he remembered the return from Tamaran. It really had been a wonderful feeling to return home. Of course, if Terra had been watching then she would have already seen some of the changes right off the bat.
 
“And . . .” Terra paused as she searched for the right words. “I saw things that made me think it would be a bad idea for me to just show up.”
 
“Things?” Beast Boy asked, although in his gut he already knew what she was referring too.
 
“I saw you, and you looked happy . . . and I saw Raven, and she was happy too. I thought I'd make you both miserable if I turned up.” Terra admitted, looking down at her shoes. “I mean, you and I, well, you were there, you know what I mean, and Raven and I never really got along so . . .”
 
“Yeah, yeah okay I see your point.” Beast Boy nodded. He closed his eyes. What was he doing? This was all . . . confusing. Terra was here; alive. There had been a time in his life when this moment would have been a dream coming true - now it seemed more like a nightmare. He loved Raven now. He once had feelings for Terra, very real, very strong feelings. He'd let them go a long time ago, he'd moved on, and he'd found love in Raven. Still, he couldn't forget about the past - and seeing Terra now was proof of only one thing - Beast Boy had horrible timing.
 
“Beast Boy, I'm not asking you to be my friend, and I'm not asking you to forgive me. I just . . . need help. I don't know where else to go.” Terra said, interrupting his thoughts.
 
Beast Boy honestly didn't know what he should do. One the one hand, Terra was Terra. She didn't realize it, but she had been an important part of Beast Boy's life. Not because he'd dated her at one point - but because she'd taught him a valuable lesson. It was hard to explain, but Beast Boy understood how important she had been. She had been his friend - and his enemy. She had been his lover, and she had broken his heart. After the ordeal with Terra had ended, Beast Boy had matured. He no longer faced life without worries or cares. He stayed the carefree jokester of the team - that had not changed; but he had developed a maturity about him that could kick in when needed.
 
He'd developed that maturity from losing Terra; and that maturity was a key part of his romance with Raven. Beast Boy had always liked Raven. Before he met Terra, he had liked Raven. When Terra had been one of them; he had still liked Raven - of course he'd also liked Terra, and of the two of them, only Terra had liked him back. Before the ordeal with Terra; Beast Boy's chances with her had been nonexistence. Dating Raven required some level of maturity - even if it wasn't much. In a funny way, if it had not been for his heartbreaking experience with Terra, Beast Boy had a feeling he never could have won Raven's heart.
 
Looking at it from that perspective, Beast Boy should be thanking Terra. Of course he wouldn't do that - how can you thank a person for betraying you, breaking your heart, and then dying (or at least appearing to die)? He'd have to thank her in a different way. He'd have to help her - which meant he had only one real option.
 
“Listen Terra, I'm clueless. I don't know how I can help you -- but maybe Robin can. He's the plan guy, he's bound to think of something. I've got to go to Gotham City to meet up with the others . . . you can come with me, if you want too.” Beast Boy offered quietly.
 
“Won't that be . . . trouble?” Terra asked quietly.
 
“Terra, you did some horrible things to us.” Beast Boy said bluntly. “But you also saved us from Slade; and you need help - and you are a Titan. You know everyone; do you really think they'll turn you away?”
 
Terra shook her head. “That isn't what I mean. If I go with you, won't that be trouble for you? I don't think Raven will like seeing me again - and I know she won't like seeing you show up with me.”
 
Beast Boy shrugged. “I don't know Terra, Raven might surprise you. I mean, she only hated you so much after you betrayed us because she liked you so much beforehand. As for Raven and me, well, I love her, and she knows it.”
 
Terra looked up at Beast Boy and smiled. “Thanks Beast Boy. I guess . . . I guess I will go with you; and hope you're right.”
 
“I hope I'm right too. Now how about helping me figure out how we're going to get all the way to Gotham?” Beast Boy asked.
 
Terra balled one of her fists; a moment later a large chuck of the rock broke away from the ground and began to float in mid-air. Terra didn't say a word, she merely allowed a smile to drift onto her face. Beast Boy shrugged and climbed on board the floating chuck of earth.

“Dude, this'll work.”
 
Quickly Beast Boy and Terra climbed aboard the hunk of earth and shot off into the air and down the road towards Gotham. In truth, Beast Boy knew he might be making a mistake. Trusting Terra; taking her to see the other Titans - it could all be one huge mistake, or it could be a blessing. He still felt like he owed his relationship with Raven to Terra; so he'd repay her for that. Besides, she needed help - and she was a Titan. In the end, she'd fought against Slade. She'd proven she was a Teen Titan; no matter what.
 
There were reasons for, and reasons against, helping her.
 
Beast Boy chose to help. He just hoped Raven wouldn't get the wrong idea.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
A small light flashed on the monitor. Doctor Cobalt watched in satisfaction.

The laboratory had not been damaged in the assault. True, all of the scientists who had been working on the Terra Project were dead now; but they were just people. Scientists were a dime-a-dozen, they could be replaced as easily as toilet paper. A girl from the Markov bloodline was a different story. Tara Markov or Terra as she called herself, had disappeared after the massacre. Dr. Cobalt almost had a breakdown when he first heard the news. He had assumed Terra died with his staff - which would have been a real disaster.
 
However, he got lucky. Terra had somehow escaped. Which meant Cobalt could find her - and now he believed he had. The monitor he was looking at was measured seismic activity. The flashing light showed some kind of strange seismic activity in Jump City - just outside the Teen Titan's tower.
 
That wasn't coincidence. That was Terra.
 
“Going back to your old friends?” Cobalt breathed, talking to himself. Dr. Philip Cobalt was now forty-seven years old; his hair was bright red, his skin a pasty white and freckles covered his forehead and cheeks. His eyes, a deep navy blue, watched the screen with a hungry stare. He knew he'd have to move fast. If Terra rejoined the Titans, it would make things much harder. Superheroes, after all, are Superheroes.

Then again, Cobalt's boss was used to superheroes. Dr. Cobalt had never been personally involved in those matters; he'd always been on the legit end of his boss's corporation until a few months ago. That's when the boss had caught Cobalt embezzling from the company to fund his twisted human research - and the boss had been so impressed he'd made a deal with him. Cobalt could head up the Terra Project, or he would be arrested. Cobalt chose the Terra Project - and he loved every minute of it. What could be more fun than stealing Terra's trapped body, bringing her back, and then draining her blood so they could harness her powers? An army of soldiers, each with abilities like Terra's, working for his boss; and Cobalt would be responsible for it all.
 
He knew his boss - that army would be used for evil. Cobalt didn't mind; as long as he got the scientific recognition for his research.
 
Cobalt stopped thinking about all of this. These were all possibilities - but until he found Terra, and drained her body of it's precious blood, he could do nothing. She was last of the Markov's; she would have to be the one they used. If Cobalt failed - if he didn't get her blood from Terra; he would die. That was the downside of working for his boss.
 
No matter. He had found Terra. There was no other explanation for the seismic readings outside Titan's Tower. Now he just needed to track her - which would be easy, since he'd personally implanted a homing beacon inside Terra's body. He hadn't been able to use the beacon before now; because the range was too thin. He could spend all day aiming his expensive satellites at different areas, hoping to get lucky. Now, however, that he knew she was near Jump City; he may be able to get a lock on the beacon - and once he got that lock he'd never lose track of Terra again.

Quickly he ran across the room and punched up the satellite codes on the computer. With all the speed of an Olympic athlete, Cobalt punched in the keys on the computer and brought up a satellite map of Jump City. He began searching - and it paid off. A tiny blinking light appeared; he'd gotten the signal. Now he could find Terra wherever she went - which meant he'd not only saved his job, but his life as well.
 
He watched. Terra was leaving Jump City. Cobalt didn't know where she intended to go - only that she would never reach her destination.
 
Now he just needed to call his boss and let him know. Hastily, Cobalt extracted a cellphone from the pocket of his lab coat and dialed the usual number.
 
“Hello?” The voice on the other end was strong and businessman-like. It belonged to one of the richest, most powerful, and deadliest men in the world.
 
“Sir, I believe I've located the missing piece of the Terra Project. I'm tracking unusual seismic activities; all I need if for you to authorize the necessary retrieval procedures and we can get our subject back.” Cobalt responded as his face twisted into a corrupt smile.
 
There was a pause. “Where is she?”
 
“The last seismic wave came from Jump City. Very close to the Teen Titan's tower, as irony would have it sir. I used the satellites and was able to re-attach to the homing beacon we implanted inside her. She's in the middle of nowhere right now, sir - however judging from her current speed and the direction, the next major city she could be heading towards would be Gotham.”
 
This time there was no pause. “Gotham? I'm heading there myself later. I have a business meeting with Wayne Enterprises, as luck would have it.”
 
Cobalt wasn't interested in business. He was interested in Terra; but he couldn't very well say that to his boss. “What are you saying, sir?”
 
“Pack your bags, Cobalt. If she is heading to Gotham, we can find her in due time. You shall accompany me on my business trip.”
 
Cobalt sighed. Another delay. “Very well, sir.”
 
“And Cobalt? If you're wrong about this, you can consider your contract with my corporation official revoked; and I don't think I need to elaborate on what that means, do I?”

“No sir.” Cobalt replied, genuine fear in his throat now.

The only thing Cobalt heard after that was a dial tone.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----

If Beast Boy was counting on Raven being in a `good mood' when she arrived in Gotham, he was out of luck.
 
Barbara knew Robin and Starfire had a relationship; and she wanted to hear all about it. Starfire knew Barbara had been a friend of Robin's, and she wanted to learn as much about Robin's friend as she could. Of course, Raven knew Barbara and Robin had been more than `just friends'; and Raven also remembered what Starfire was capable of in the presence of Kitten. Adding all of this up in her head, Raven realized how stupid it was of her to get involved in Robin's problem.
 
Nevertheless, Robin was Robin. She shared a bond with him that went beyond the Titans. He had been there for her at a time in her life when no one else was. He had not only allowed her to join the Teen Titans; he had accepted her aid in co-founding the team - even after he'd found out who she was, and who her father was. In those days, before the Titans, Robin had been the only person on Earth she could trust. The only person, aside from Azar, she had ever trusted. That was a bond that could never break; if he asked for her help, she would give it to him.
 
Or at least, she would try. Right now Starfire and Barbara were both way out in front of her. She was not as fast as Starfire's flight or Barbara's bike. The two of them were in front of her by a great distance, and Starfire was flying low to the ground. Raven couldn't be sure; but she had a bad feeling that right now, they were having a discussion that could land Robin in some serious trouble.
 
“So you're Dick's girlfriend, huh?” Barbara asked. Starfire was a few feet from her, flying along at a massive speed to keep up with the bike; but still not above a conversation.
 
“Indeed I am!” Starfire beamed. Barbara's face cracked into a smile.
 
“Good. I'm glad he finally found someone. I just hope dating him is more fun for you than it was for me.” Barbara replied, laughing at her joke. Starfire started to laugh too - until she understood what the joke meant. The moment she did, the happiness in her face dissolved away.
 
“You and Robin dated?” Starfire choked out, a flood of her usual over-the-top emotions melting out.
 
“Yeah, well, I guess we did.” Barbara replied. “I mean I flirted with the kid every day for two years, but when he finally asked me out things didn't go so well.”
 
Starfire's eyes were widening. She forced herself to smile a large, friendly smile. It looked completely fake. “Oh, they did not?” She asked; hoping she'd get to hear this story.
 
“Yeah.” Barbara was watching the road, and not Starfire's face. “Well our actual date went fantastic. We went to the circus; had a great time. On the way home, though, we caught the Joker robbing a bank. Bruce was out of town, so we went in alone - as Robin and Batgirl, naturally. Anyway, we weren't enough. Joker shot Dick right in the chest. It was horrible. He almost died. When Bruce got back he fired Dick as his sidekick, and Dick left Gotham to form the Titans. That was the last time I saw him until tonight. Truth be told, I've been worried about him. I mean, I saw you guys on the news - I knew he was alive and all; but every time I'd see him on the news he reminded me so much of Bruce. Always the leader, always on-the-ball, he was acting like a real hero - not the Dick I knew at all. I guess I was afraid he'd go and turn himself into Batman; but if landed a girl like you, I guess he still finds time for a love life after all, huh?”
 
“Something like that.” Starfire replied, she wasn't really paying attention. Her mind was still processing all of this new information. Robin had never told her about his date with Barbara - or about Barbara at all for that matter. He also kept the story of his getting shot a secret from her. How many secrets did Dick Grayson have?

Starfire wasn't really that update about his ex-girlfriend. She knew Robin loved her. She wasn't all that update about his keeping his near-fatal injury a secret; Robin didn't like talking about his mistakes. However, she now knew Robin had a long, long history before he'd met her.
 
And it made her worry what else he had never told her. It made her wonder how she could trust him - and that made her worry the worst; because how could she love him, if she couldn't trust him?
 
They may have passed the Trials of Tamaran with flying colors; but the future of Robin and Starfire's `perfect' relationship was looking more uncertain than ever.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
“You know Rob, I'm thinking we might have overreacted a little.”
 
The R-Cycle was speeding down the road, T-Car just behind. Robin and Cyborg hadn't spoken much since their departure. However, the R-Cycle had an intercom installed on the dashboard that linked directly to both the T-Car's systems, and Cyborg's arm.
 
“I don't.” Robin replied shortly.
 
“C'mon man, BB didn't know any better. He's clueless.” Cyborg had abandoned Beast Boy in front of the tower; but now he was having regrets. He knew Beast Boy better than any of the others, and he knew that leaving Beast Boy to reach Gotham all on his own was a bad idea. Cyborg and Beast Boy had been friends from their first encounter - best friends. Sure, the vegetarian thing was annoying, his jokes were bad, and Cyborg would sooner die than let Beast Boy mess with his computer - but they were still closer than brothers.
 
“Look, I screwed up, okay?” Robin admitted over the intercom. “This whole thing with Barbara and Starfire; it's all my fault; but right now we've got more important things to deal with. I'll fix everything, I'll explain everything to Starfire - after we find Bruce.”
 
Cyborg bit his lip. Robin was in one of those moods. Robin had always been quick to accept responsibility for his mistakes; but he always tended to try to fix them himself. It came from living with Batman; Cyborg had always assumed. Cyborg never liked the idea of solo-crime fighting. He'd tried it, before the Titans were formed, but it wasn't his style. Sure, Cyborg had the technology and the brains to do it - he was a genius, after all; and being a walking mass of the latest in military science didn't hurt either. Still, the solo-scene wasn't for him. Robin, he could see working as a solo hero. Of course, Robin wasn't doing things solo - not now anyway. Cyborg had a feeling that Robin would be able to find Bruce a lot easier if he didn't have the Starfire situation on his mind - but he also had a feeling that Robin wouldn't care about Cyborg's suggestion; so he kept it to himself.
 
“It's your problem, so it's your call man.” Cyborg responded over the intercom. “I'm just saying, we got a lot of crap going on. You've got this thing with Star and Barbara, Raven wasn't too happy with BB back at the tower; and Batman's missing. The last thing we need is for something horrible to happen to BB and add one more layer to this cake, right?”
 
There was silence over his intercom, and then Robin responded. “I guess I didn't think of that.”
 
Cyborg let a smile dance across his face. Score one for him! “I can swing back to the tower and pick him up - you can keep on the way to Gotham in the meantime.”
 
Robin sighed. “Yeah, okay. You're right.”
 
“Booyah.” Cyborg whispered so that it wouldn't be heard over the intercom; then turned his attention to the dashboard computer monitor. Cyborg kept tabs on all of the Titans from here - those transponders they all carried sent signals directly to an onboard map. It was a lot easier to fight crime when you knew where your buddies were. Cyborg scanned the map quickly to learn that Starfire and Raven, and presumably Barbara since she had been with them, were all making better time than Robin and Cyborg on the other road. The R-Cycle's tracking device and the T-Car were bleeping along on the map's route, nearly halfway between Gotham and Jump.
 
Then Cyborg looked for the small beeping dot that represented Beast Boy; and he gasped. It was moving - fast. Coming up the very same route Cyborg and Robin were traveling. Cyborg was amazed at how fast the dot was traveling - he'd never seen any of Beast Boy's forms move like that.

“What did that kid turn himself into now?” Cyborg wondered aloud, watching the dot draw even closer to where the T-Car and R-Cycle blazed down the road. Guess I'll know soon enough. Cyborg thought with a grin.
 
The dot labeled “BB” now reached the T-Car's dot and the R-Cycle's. Cyborg looked out the window to see if he could find any large, green animals; but he could not. What he did find, however, was a bit of a surprise.
 
Something streaked past the T-Car. It continued flying right past the R-Cycle; undoubtedly catching Robin's attention. What it was; Cyborg didn't know. It moved too fast for him to see - but judging from his monitor, whatever it was, Beast Boy was on it.
 
“Cyborg, what the heck was that?” Robin's voice floated in over the communicator.
 
“I have no clue buddy; but according to my scanners, Beast Boy was on it. Or in it. Or whatever.” Cyborg replied rapidly.
 
“Beast Boy? You think he's in trouble?” Robin asked, already revving his engines and trying to catch up with whatever it was.
 
“Well, the way I see it either something's grabbed him, in which case yes, he's in trouble. Or he found some new kind of vehicle and decided to fly it - in which case he's in real trouble, `cause that kid can barley ride a moped without crashing.” Cyborg couldn't help but sneak his joke in there.
 
“Well, I'm going to shoot it down.” Robin replied.
 
“What about BB?” Cyborg asked, now growing a bit concerned.
 
“I'll use low-impact projectiles; unless it hits Beast Boy directly he should be fine.”
 
Cyborg wasn't too thrilled with the idea; but if someone had captured Beast Boy, this was their best chance to save him before it became a big issue. And if it was just a matter of Beast Boy fooling around - then it'd be a good lesson for Mr. Logan. “Alright Rob, you shoot, I'll try to find BB after the wreck.”
 
Robin kicked the bike into full speed. He was getting closer to whatever-it-was now. He could see the flying shape - it looked like a giant mound of the ground, just hovering in the air and zipping by the countryside at speeds that could bring envy out of a F-16. Robin locked on with his lowest-impact grenade launcher and put his hand on the trigger.
 
With one push of the button, he could shoot it down. His eyes, however, caught two shapes on the top. One looked like it could be Beast Boy; the other might have been a woman judging from the slender build. Robin felt a lump form in his throat. Beast Boy could be in danger; but the shadowy outlines didn't appear to be fighting. It raised a lot of questions; but Beast Boy's safety was a priority - so he had to play the odds.
 
Robin was going to take the shot. He had no way of knowing that the only danger Beast Boy was really in, was danger of being accidentally blown up by Robin's missiles.
 
Robin squeezed the trigger.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
A/N: Well, I know a few of the questions raised in the last chapter were answered here; but I also know there's a million left; and I'm sure the big evil cliffhanger doesn't help. BUT! There is good news; I have a ton of fresh, new ideas for this story - as well as all the old ones too! What does that mean? I don't know; except to say we're still very far from the ending. Also, can anyone guess who Cobalt's boss is? Seriously, if you look carefully enough, and you know your supervillians, you'll be able to guess; and if anyone does guess, I'll dedicated Chapter Twenty-Five to them as a reward! Heheh. The truth is out there.

Review Replies:
 
DarkSin: I'm glad you liked it; and I'm sorry it was so short.
Mmm, don't worry; Raven plays a huge role in this story; but I can't reveal details. And as for Terra . . . well, do you really want me to spoil the surprise? Heh. Thanks for your review m'friend, I'll update ASAP.
 
IllegalDayNightSnappingIguana: We have a topic? That's a new one. (snickers) I'm happy you liked this chapter. I tried to make it good; even if it was short.
Mmm, I like the Babs thing too. Bringing in Robin's former love interest is fun. As for Terra - well, Beast Boy and Raven were just too happy; and Terra is my little dramatic monkey wrench of doom! Mwa Hahaha! Eh, sorry, I'm drinking soda so I'm a little hyper. LOL! He believed you at first? That's funny.
Yeah, long reviews are good. They always make me happy. Then again I'm happy to get any review. Unless it's a flame; then I'm sad. >< Hehe. I'm being weird today. I blame the soda. As always, I appreciate getting your review. Hmm, I'm motivated now; I'll go work on the next chapter. Whee! ^^
 
Inuluvsu: Mmm. I'm glad you enjoyed the Terra thing; and I have a feeling you're right, she and Raven won't get along well. It does? I've never heard that song; I'll have to listen to it now. Yeah, Starfire's defiantly the jealous type, isn't she? I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far; and I'll be sure to update again soon. ^^ Thanks for the review.
 
MegamiRhiannon: Hmm. Let me guess, not a Terra fan? Heheh. Don't worry about BB, he'll be okay. Well, maybe not. I guess we'll just have to wait for me to write some more - which I guess I could go do now. ^_- Thank you for your review. ^_^
 
Dramaelfie: Mmm, well I'm delighted to hear you think I've got the talent to pull it off; and I hope I don't let you down. I know, most stories bring Terra back and it's crap; but Terra is my little dramatic monkey wrench; and I think she'll be a good addition to this story. Especially since - well, I can't discuss why, that'd be a spoiler; and we don't want spoilers, do we? *snickers* Thanks for your review as always. ^^
 
scathac's warrior: Well I'm glad. ^^ Yes, I did add complications. Hmm. Is Terra gonna kill someone? Well you know I won't answer that. Is she gonna try? Hmm . . . maaaaaaaaybe. Maaaaaaaaaybe not. Heheh. XD! You're review made me laugh. I bet you could take Terra. Thanks for the review of twenty-three, and I hope you enjoyed this one too.
 
Ryoko-onee: I know, I was mean just leaving it off there, huh? I'm sorry, I just have this thing about cliffhangers - I love `em! As for how it all plays out; well I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Domo Arigato for the review. -blinks- Wow, random Japanese moment.
 
WeAreCrazyHyperSchitzoGirls: `Ello!  Arguing over who sucks more? You shouldn't do that! Besides, I don't think either one of you sucks. Although I am happy you both like my story. Hah, vacation is good. Wait - they let you take vacations from a mental hospital? That's a new one. Heh. Bye byes Caitlyn *wave wave*, have fun with the Mwahahah-ing. Heh, that isn't really a word; but I decided to use it anyway because I am strange.
Premeditated. Mmm. That's a funny word. Always makes me think of a monk just before meditation time; I imagine they drink a lot of coffee - hmm, I'm stranger than usual today. And you're right, today is Earth Day. Wooo! Go Earth! Hmm, maybe I should plant a tree or something. But I don't have a tree. I could go dig out my Christmas Tree; but that's not a real tree. Yeah! Shakesphere, the man! He was born and died on the same day; that's eerie.
Well I always wear black anyway; tis my favorite color. I don't know if I have a Shakespeare play to read; but I bet I can find one online. As for updating… well, I'm gonna try to update today (It's Friday as I write this), but if I can't, I'll make sure I update on Saturday (which would be tomorrow; although if I do update on Saturday, and you read this then, it won't really be tomorrow as tomorrow will have become today - confused yet? I am) Ah! Caitlyn is back. Hello. *waves again* Heheh, well say Hi back for me. And don't worry about bugging me; I'm more amused than bugged. To bug me you have to poke me with sharp objects - hence the reason I dislike doctors. Hence! I used the word Hence! Who uses Hence? *shrugs* Mmm. I have no camera; well, I have camera; but I have no film. *snickers* I used up all my film in photography class. Then I failed to get it developed. Waste of money really. *pouts*
 
Thoughtdisease: Thank you very much! ^^ It's thrilling to have a new reader; especially one who enjoys the story. Yes, I can imagine it would take a while to read. Especially since I tend to make things as confusing as possible. *snickers*
Oh, it's far from perfect mate, I know that. Typos are like ants; I kill dozens of them, but some still slip through. Just be glad you don't have to see the story before my spellchecker gets a hold of it. *shudders*
Ah, I'm glad you liked the return of Terra. Honestly, of everything I've done, this one was the scariest. Just `cause there's so many Terra haters and Terra lovers out there. But so far everyone's enjoyed the twist; so I'm relieved. As for all your questions; well, they'll be answered in the future of the story, trust me. Feel free to ramble. I ramble all day long. *snickers*
Cyborg. Mmm. I've been wanting to give Cyborg a girl for a while; there's just one problem - I've never seen Titan's West part I or II. >< It drives me mad! Every time Cartoon Network shows it, I miss it; and I never wake up early enough to catch the WB episodes. That's why Cyborg's role in the story is so small - I don't get enough Cyborg time from the show. If I could get lucky enough to catch at least part of Titan's West on; and get a little more time with Bumblebee, I'd love to kick up Cyborg's role in things. He's a great character. I could always hook him up with someone other than Bumblebee; there's Sarah from the original comics/teen titans comics, I've seen people use Jinx; if I really push I can give him a girl and throw him into the crazy romance circle - and maybe I will. A side story? I hadn't thought of that - but actually I just got an idea for a side-story. Hmm. Maybe since Cyborg isn't in the main action, he can have a whole subplot of his own. I don't know, I'll work on the ideas and see if I can come up with something.
Thank you for the compliment; I try to sneak jokes in whenever I can. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes I re-read them and want to kick myself; but I suppose that's life, eh?
 
Saint Raven: Hey! I remember you; thank you once again for your review. It's good to know there's still people on Mediaminer who are reading it (most of the feedback comes from Fanfiction.net, so I always wonder…) Anyway; by “Springfield” I actually mean in Missouri. Halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City. It's a boredom-filled small town where the only things to do are go to Walmart or the movies. And that's why I have so much free time. *snickers* Thanks for your review. ^^