Fan Fiction ❯ Arena of the NFA ❯ Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Arena of the NFA

Chap 1: Intro to the ideals

By: Piccard

In my other fics you get openings, here it's covered in the starting area…

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: All characters in this fic are mine, unless you recognise one or send them in.

It's Hammer time!

------------------------- /\/**

As the room lightens, it's an office, and Light and Dark can be seen sorting files.

Dark: If we can pull this off it'll be great!

Light: :turning: shut up, here's a camera!

Dark looks and they both stare into the screen.

Light: Now if you're reading this your either bored,

Dark: Or found it in an author alert!

Light looked at him oddly as he shifted a few papers and stared straight into the camera.

Light: Now if you remember my fic `The Marine's Journey' on Fanfiction.net, the main criticism was that I had way too many fan characters. So I thought what better way to inspire people to read than to have a tournament.

Dark: Unlike your regular tournament fic, we aren't in a coliseum with hordes of spectators acting like a rabble. Instead, we use a cutting edge holo-projection system to create arenas for various points from the Marine's journey and the games that were mentioned in it.

Light: Dark, did you steal Technology from Smash Bro's Melee again?

Dark: Yea, but who cares?

There was a brief buzz as the door opened and Jar'din walked in, holding his cape tightly.

Light: Now if you haven't read Marine's Journey on Fanfiction.net, you better had to understand the characters.

Dark: but if you're too lazy, then check his bio on either site.

Jar'din: Or if you can't even do that. We'll tell you about them later.

/\/**

Light: As with most other tournaments these days, if you like, you can submit your own characters to me in e-mails to take on the alliance.

Dark: I thought we were the NFA now?

Jar'din: We are, but alliance is easier to type.

Light: ANYWAY, if you wanna join in, there are several points you need to fill:

----------------------

Name:

Alias:

Species:

Physical description (Eyes, hair, skin etc):

Weapon of choice:

Magic:

Abilities:

Quick Bio (That I can make speeches from):

Alliance member you want to challenge:

----------------------

Dark: That ain't much Light.

Light: Well if I missed anything they can add it!

Chaos: Why e-mails though?

Light: I got temporarily banned from FF.net for using the review system like that… I don't want to make the same mistake if Mediaminer also has those rules… however, I will say that if you want to recommend a games character for one of my people to take on (Such as Sonic, Link, Cervantes etc.) Then feel free to mention it in your reviews!

/\/**

Half an hour later the troop enter the recreation area to see the other alliance members training.

Anaetheron: Think we can do this Bio?

Bio: I'd be disappointed if we didn't!

Light: Okay guys, I just announced this event, so if anyone hates us out there.

Carter: Hang on, what if no-one takes part?

Dark: Then we'll get characters from various games to take us on. Sure Sonic wants a piece of you Light.

Light: Dunno why though?

Carter: Still, I can beat anyone who takes me on!

Taylon: :Muttering to Xerxes: Anymore of that I'll kill him myself!

That had the android giggling as Jar'din walked over to where the other spirits were talking.

Jar'din: Let's get one thing straight here governor, no one's gonna die here, we got the place lined with safety fields so the worst you can get is a broken bone!

/\/**

An hour later, Light and Dark were at the arena itself, messing with the holo-projectors.

Light: To make this more interesting, every member of the alliance has their own arena. For example, I have the USS Poledes Medical bay where TMJ story really started.

Dark: And I fight in Station Square central park, where me and Light allied during the SHODAN crisis.

Light: I heard she's gonna be here as well, so's her avatar!

Dark: We better keep a close eye on Carter then, god knows what he'd do if they got back together.

Light: Probably screw each other to death!

/\/**

Jar'din: So anyway, here's a quick list and description of the alliance members that you can challenge at the start.

----------------------

Light Piccard: Divine marine who cares for his friends more than fighting. Doesn't mean he can't though. Upgrades to Paladin Piccard, gaining more magic power but losing attack strength.

Dark Piccard: Piccard's dark half, although he's good, he still uses dark power to take down his rivals. Can upgrade to Daemon Piccard, gaining attack and magic, but losing defence

Bio Piccard: Genetically engineered version, can morph body parts to fight as well as using unpredictable magic. Upgrades to Chemical Piccard, gaining magic and weapons that are even more unpredictable.

Chaos Piccard: Immature version of Light, uses swords and chaos magic, but usually ends up arsing around! Can upgrade to Corruption Piccard, raising attack and defence tenfold, but losing magic until he morphs back.

Tom Brown: Admiral of the Poledes station, uses spirit magic and a laser sword. Even though he's better on defence, he can hold his own on the attack.

Jon Andrews: Technician on the Poledes station, uses an assault rifle to attack, and boy does the eccentric git like to attack! In cases, he has been known to use a mech for his fighting.

Anaetheron: A Baron of Hell who saw the light, uses standard baron abilities from Doom such as energy bolts. Normally dresses in a pink robe, he has upgraded his powers with meditation and is a practitioner of various arts of magic.

Cybos: A Cyberdemon created by Dark, same as from Doom, but can detach launcher for melee fights. His rockets can also be modified depending on the type of match he's in. Anything from either incendiary rounds to clear away trees to EMP rounds for use against droids and his own kind.

Xerxes: Android AI, good at hacking and uses a photon rifle. Mediocre at fighting, but when he activates his scrambler program even Light has to watch out!

R-396: Cyber assassin, attacks with shurikans and can blend into the landscape. Whilst the weakest member of the alliance and an easy target, her defence programs are the best available, and hitting her is a miracle in itself!

Gvnr. Taylon: Governor of the Federation, uses a compression rifle to attack, but it's easy to confuse him mentally with quick movements. Whilst being about as big as Eggman, he is surprisingly fast for both his weight and his age.

Cmndr. Carter: Commander of the Lebanon. Has similar weapon forming properties to Bio. Even though he is a member of the alliance, he still bears hatred for Light Piccard's magic, and only works with him because it's necessary. However, even though they wont admit it, the two of them are friends deep down.

Jar'din: First of the Arrowsmiths, this spirit fights with energy absorbing gauntlets and uses items such as the Tome of Power and Wings of Wrath. Expert of many types of magic and magical artefacts, and can even enchant things to do his will.

Reginald: First Arrowsmith into space, uses a variety of weapons but specialises in Psionic powers and strength. Whilst being 63 years of age, Reginald's spirit is masterful in weapons, not only melee but also heavy ranged weapons that normally need to be propped up and aimed slowly to use. (Call it pot luck if you want)

Dave: Marine that works for the UAC, specialises in Shotgun and Plasma barrages. Defender of Earth whilst he was still alive, Dave is a spirit that fights with reckless abandon, always getting into fights with either demons, droids or any that he can annoy… doesn't exactly mean that they hit him though.

-------------------

Xerxes: That was a mouthful wasn't it?

Jar'din: Tell me about it!

/\/**

Light: So there we go, fight the Alliance in such places as the Poledes, the Lebanon, SA2:B's ARK, Green forest and similar places.

Dark: We have to say that even though the alliance is unfairly strong, we ARE limiting each of our magics to only four different spells per match.

Xerxes: And only about 5 members of the alliance use magic to attack anyway!

Taylon: So if you want a piece of any character, find one you hate, and cast a request! I will say now, that EVERY character that is submitted will be used.

Light: I leave no one out! And once you submit, you are definitely in, but you might be used in more than one fight though…

Dave: This chapter may have been rubbish, but trust me, He can write fights!

Light: As a matter of fact, we do have one already that someone agreed on, but I'll leave it as a surprise!

/\/**

Okay, I wasn't in good form on that one. Still, for more info on my characters, my Bio has EVERY single one that you can challenge on it. (Pretty much everything short of their past before the story.)The most obvious exception being the 2nd Generation NFA that I tell people about. If you want to challenge any of them (As a surprise.) Leave the review submitting your character and next to where it says `Alliance member to challenge:' Put `2nd Gen'. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to take part.

Piccard, Logging out! /\/**