Fan Fiction ❯ Arena of the NFA ❯ Keepers converge! ??? Vs ???! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Arena of the NFA

Chap 5: Keepers converge: ??? Vs ???!

By: Piccard

Unless you've read my fic ECU on FF.net, then you won't know who these two are. Thing is, they've been arguing for a while as to whose the more powerful, so to settle it… here they are.

------------------- /\/**

I can't give you names at this point, but I can do the Bios!

???: An evil human keeper allied with the Chaos lords. Forges his own methods of power to try and defy standard keeper techniques, and acts in manners that make even the reaper himself feel the urge to take him down at times!

???: A neutral elven keeper that mainly follows the call of light as opposed to dark obsessions. Master of the dungeons and keeper of the elite, this is the first member of the 2nd generation NFA to be revealed, and rest assured he will be more powerful than anyone will remember from ECU!

------------------- /\/**

Piccard: Come on…

The marine of light was standing in the back of the commentary box as Marth tugged at the electrics as Lightstriker directed.

Piccard: Just what are you planning here?

Lightstriker pointed down to the middle of the arena, and as the lights went out Piccard smirked as he recognised what was in the arena.

Lightstriker: I think you know…

Piccard: Are you sure that this is gonna work?

The elf laughed as Marth shone a single pillar of light onto the artefacts in the middle of the arena, and as they stared they noticed something shimmering through the arena as they noticed the arena doors flashing red, indicating that the lock had been engaged.

Marth: Okay Lightstriker, act when you're ready…

Lightstriker: This'll be good if we can get it right!

/\/**

???: Power…

the figure slowly walked towards the artefacts that lay in the pillar of light, and he didn't notice that the doors had been locked.

???: finally I shall have the ring… the one ring…

Suddenly as he reached out to grab one, they all vanished as he heard a voice over the tannoids.

Lightstriker: Sorry to burst your bubble but they belong to us and Jar'din!

???: WHAT?!?

The lights flew on as the crowd were revealed, and everyone could see the figure in the arena to be a teenage boy. He was clad in full blue battle armour, and as he ran a hand through his hair he glared at the commentary box, but before he could shout he heard that familiar voice.

Lightstriker: Ladies, gentlemen and creatures of varying transgenders, please meet our first challenger…

???: Challenger?

Lightstriker: One of the six keepers that are joint allied in the land of Harmonia. Whilst allying with the Chaos lords he may have stayed evil, but his pious ramblings have annoyed many on occasion. Please welcome the keeper… SPONGE!

He didn't know what to do as the crowd stayed silent, and as Lightstriker smirked he felt a hand tapping his shoulder.

Piccard: :Whispering: Whose his opponent?

Lightstriker: :Whispering: I have it covered…

He turned back to the mike and addressed the crowd in a much happier voice.

Lightstriker: Now, allow me to introduce his opponent. A masterful keeper and practitioner of the older arts. Fully skilled in elven weaponry, he is leader of the elite and the six-keeper alliance in Harmonia… it is of course…

He paused for a second before leaning in close to the mike.

Lightstriker: ME!

/\/**

Match 5: Sponge Vs Piccard Lightstriker!

/\/**

The glass in the commentary box shattered in a wave of the arm, and as Lightstriker leapt down and landed perfectly, he pulled a small rod from his pocket, and with a simple flick it turned into a staff as the arena changed into a dungeon area, with both red and blue themes to the tiles and air as the entrances were converted into magical locked doors.

Lightstriker: You didn't expect this did you?

Sponge: I thought you'd be busy commentating or staring at women…

Lightstriker chuckled as his hand started glowing.

Lightstriker: And you need the power of a ring to make you tough?

Sponge: :Drawing sword: I can take you down, as I keep saying!

Lightstriker: :Clutching staff: Well then, time to put words to practice!

Quick as a flash he blasted forward, swinging his staff hard as Sponge span, causing it to rebound off his armour as he smirked, span and stabbed.

Sponge: Blunt weapons wont work on me!

However, as his blade hit the Lightstriker's tunic, there was a clanging sound as the elf smirked and rubbed it.

Lightstriker: Little known fact... my tunics made of mithril!

/\/**

Piccard: Suppose I'd better help with the commentary.

The marine of light sat down and pulled on the headset as Marth stared into the arena.

Marth: You never told me that he knew alchemy and metalwork.

Piccard: He doesn't… must be a 2nd gen thing…

/\/**

Sponge: Hold still!

A brief lightning charge shot across the arena as the Lightstriker countered it with one of his own, and as he glowed he slammed his staff forward.

Lightstriker: No chance, Holy Wave!

Bolts of white energy shot across the arena in all directions, and as Sponge took a couple head on he stood to full and smirked as he charged head on with his sword again, Lightstriker just managing to counter.

Sponge: I know how fast you tire…

In a quick flick, the elf had Sponge on the floor as he twirled his staff.

Lightstriker: :Mockingly: Is there no other way?

Sponge: Not at this stage!

He stood up and clapped his hands, and as everyone looked around a large fireball appeared out of nowhere and engulfed the elf.

Sponge: Now whose the best?

Lightstriker: I thought you knew that inferno wouldn't work on me…

A quick flick of the wrist dispelled it as he absorbed the energy.

Lightstriker: Being a master keeper helps… and absorbing that gave me half the mana I need…

Sponge raised an eyebrow as the Lightstriker smirked and held up a talisman. It was a bright red demon head, with spikes protruding from the head and the chin.

Lightstriker: Recognise the talisman of the reaper? When my mana hits 100k I can summon him… thanks to your inferno… I'm half way to securing your doom!

Sponge: That's evil, even for you!

Lightstriker growled as his sword glowed bright gold, and as he slashed at the air he sent numerous waves forward at high speed.

Lightstriker: Say what you will, there's no way you can win!

/\/**

Marth: This is to demonic, even for him…

Piccard: I never knew that P. I. Lightstriker would get this far out of it…

Marth looked over at him.

Marth: This is new, what does the `I' stand for?

Piccard: Irvine

/\/**

Sponge slammed his sword down onto the head of the Lightstriker, but it merely rebounded off the hood of his mithril cloak as the elf smirked and knocked him to the floor.

Lightstriker: Eat this!

Quick as a flash he pulled a bow out of nowhere. And as he pulled an arrow from a similar place, he focused as it glowed gold.

Lightstriker: Light, guide my path…

Sponge: :Snorting: What have you been taking?

Lightstriker said nothing as he held the arrow in place, and as he fired Sponge tried to dodge. However, the light in the arrow sensed this, and moved to counter as it lodged itself in his shoulder.

Sponge: What the?

Lightstriker: :Moving in conjunction: Activate… Holy Drain!

Everytime the Lightstriker moved, energy drained from the a similar part of Sponges body as the elf smirked, feeling power surging as his left fist turned metal.

Lightstriker: Time for the ender, you were never that strong!

Sponge: Now were you!

He quickly rolled aside as the elf slammed the ground, and as he left a crater Sponge knew what would have happened if he'd been caught in the punch.

Sponge: This isn't over yet!

Lightstriker stood up and turned, and as he did Sponge noticed the crazed look in his eyes, as did everyone in the arena as Piccard ran out of the commentary box.

Lightstriker: :Laughing manically: It is! Behold my POWER!!!

He threw the talisman into the air, and as it started flashing Lightstriker fell to the floor, still laughing as Piccard ran over glowing a light blue.

Lightstriker: Soon… it'll all… be…

Piccard: He's been possessed… DISPEL MAGIC!!!

Two very bright flashes filled the arena both from the talisman and the dispel charge as Lightstriker suddenly shot up and looked over to the circle of fire on the floor as a demon formed, roared and advanced towards Sponge with a very large scythe.

Lightstriker: Oh no… This is all we need.

Piccard: Tell me!

Lightstriker: The reaper is the ultimate destroyer… without mana he won't stay for more than a minute… but it might be wise to call the match off.

Suddenly they heard an explosion as they shot round and saw Sponge running off into the crowd, and as the force field came back online the reaper turned and started towards the duo in the middle of the arena.

Piccard: :Screaming: WE COULD DO WITH SOME HELP!

Suddenly, they heard the sound of lasers, and as the reaper was distracted by this fire they looked up to see Marth with a pair of energy machine guns.

Marth: Think I'd sit out as well?

A fireball sent him back down as the demon literally sprinted across the arena, grabbing Piccard by the neck and kicking the Lightstriker to the side.

Piccard: Get the hell off me!

Suddenly he hit the floor incredibly hard as the demon turned and roared, disappearing in a circle of fire as the Lightstriker fell to the ground exhausted as Piccard picked him up.

Piccard: I would say that Lightstriker is your winner, but since he's out of it and Sponge chickened out… so even thought it should have gone to the Lightstriker there is only one outcome… Match abandoned!

He ran out of the arena fast as it reverted to normal and the crowd started booing, and as Piccard placed Lightstriker back stage he looked up at the others.

Piccard: We need a new match… FAST!

???: Someone say fast?

They turned to see R-396, and as she looked over some of Marths discarded crowd lists she smiled.

There are two in the arena who cold give a speedy battle for you… they are both old acquaintances of yours… and their names are Sonic and Shadow!

Piccard: :Smirking: Call them both down… time for some team action!

/\/** =/\= **\/\

Good ending… and next time we'll actually have a DECENT match for you! Sorry that the one above seemed a little rush but I do have some news. Next week I won't be able to update as I am spending the week with a friend, and then I need to get a hell of a lot of work done. If I can get one or two more done this week then I will! Anyway, did you like that fight? Please review!

Piccard, signing out!