Fan Fiction ❯ Barrier of Platform 9 3/4 ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer goes here people. ^_^

Barrier of Platform 9 ¾

Chapter 1: Leaving

Harry was so glad that he was going back to Hogwarts. This was the worst summer break he'd ever had and that was saying a lot. Before Harry started Hogwarts, he had no one except the Dursleys. Then at Hogwarts, he made friends and found out he had a godfather. A godfather, someone to take him away from the Dursleys, was something Harry only dreamed about as a child.

'A child.' Harry thought, laughing inwardly. 'Everyone thinks I'm only a kid, but I feel like I should be thirty or something.'

Sirius was the perfect godfather for him after living with the Dursleys. After all, Harry figured he'd be more of a parent than Sirius. But then, last year, Sirius died, taking with him Harry's hope for a loving home. Ironically, the Ministry cleared Sirius Black's name after he died. What good was a cleared name when the person was dead? At least Fudge believed Dumbledore now, but it didn't balance the scale, in Harry's mind. Harry wished that something would happen to balance all the bad things going on in his life.

'Tom Riddle's death would be great to start out with.' Harry thought sarcastically. 'Then my parents can pop out of their graves and we can do the mambo. Yeah right! I'm going to have kill Riddle myself and hope to God that I survive.'

Harry looked at the clock; he only had five minutes to get on the train. He walked over to the wall between platforms nine and ten, and casually slipped though.

%%%%%%%

It's not much but the next chapter is going to be really good. Good enough to make up for lack of length on this one, hopefully.

This first chapter is about Harry's feelings. Harry is at the train station.

Read and review!