Fan Fiction ❯ Barrier of Platform 9 3/4 ❯ Diagon Alley ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Sorry for not updating. I've been so busy. I'm still writing this story, so updates will be infrequent. Reviews are nice to get and read; it helps get me to write. Flames count as reviews too, as long as it isn't pointless trashing.

Disclaimer here.

CH 3 Diagon Alley

Once out of sight, Harry ducked into an alley. He closed his eyes and focused on his school trunk. He held out both hands and chanted, "I call forth from space and time, that which be mine."

A faint outline of a trunk could be seen. The outline solidified and Harry's trunk then appeared. He opened the trunk and shifted through it. He started making a list of things to pick up: New robes-school, dress, and casual; some muggle clothes, extra books, potion items, maybe some trinkets if there was time. He couldn't take too long as the shops weren't open all night and he did have to attend the feast. Hopefully, everything would be in Diagon Alley. One visit to Knockturn Alley was more than enough for one lifetime, even though he'd practically lived two of them. With a wave of his hand, his trunk closed, locked, and was swept off to Hogwarts.

Harry teleported to Diagon Alley. He smirked. Apperation kept you in this dimension, tractable; while teleportation let you slip to a different dimension, untrackable. 'That little piece of information was conveniently forgotten.' Harry thought.

Harry's first stop was Gringotts. It was relatively empty, which was perfect for him. He walked confidently up to the exchange desk and placed a strange coin on the table. The goblin manning the desk picked it up and looked at it. The goblin's mouth dropped as the coin fell from his fingers back to the table.

"Is this a joke?" The goblin demanded.

"No joke, I assure you. I'd like to know how much this is worth." What Harry had placed on the desk was an old coin, the equivalent of a gallon. It was from before the only change in Wizarding World money, before Merlin's death. There was none left in the World, outside Gringotts, till now.

"Please wait a minute." The goblin hurried to get his supervisor. Hissed words led to the other goblin paling to a sickly green. The supervisor snapped an order and swiftly left.

'In search of someone of higher authority, more than likely.' Harry thought with a mental laugh.

Fifteen minutes later, two different goblins were arguing quietly with each other. When both had been appeased, one of them stepped forward. "I apologize for the wait sir."

"I understand the wait." Harry stated, carefully keeping his voice devoid of emotion.

"I believe this would be worth 1,500,000 gallons." The goblins wanted this over with and wasted no time.

"Perfect. Now, I'd like to place that amount into the Weasley account." Harry pulled out another coin. "Also, I'd like to create an account for Ms. Hermione Granger. I'd like half to be placed in her account and the other half into the Potter account. I would like all of this to remain anonymous." He paused as the goblin paled. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to make a withdrawal." Harry turned and quickly made a trip to his save.

Harry left Gringotts five minutes later. He'd spent longer in there than originally planned. Luckily, the stores on Diagon Alley were open longer than stores in the Muggle World. He hurried to Madiam Malkin's. There were no customers and the employees looked bored. Another stroke of luck. Within a half hour, he had all the robes he needed, the standard school robes; two sets of dress robes, one in dark hunter green and the other in dark red; the "casual" robes were outer robes in greens, purple and red; and cloaks for winter and summer. The next free weekend, he'd go to the muggle stores in London.

The next stop was Flourish and Blotts. After a quick browse, Harry decided to stick to new and more modern spells and such. He glanced through the new releases and more recent publications, within the past ten years, passing over reprintings or updated versions of older books. Much to his disgust, that left close to nil to choose from. Had no one any brains? Had no new spells been written in this time? Oh well. He picked up a few on family traditions and more advanced potions books.

After restocking his potions ingredients as well as picking up some extra potions items, Harry stopped into the Magical Knick-Knacks. He running out of time, but he wanted to take a quick stroll around the store to look for any unusual auras. He only found a set of Celtic runes. He'd picked up an aura free set of stones. They'd make good amulets. Harry had spent an hour and a half in Diagon Alley and hadn't set foot into Hogwarts yet! He ducked into a dark nook and teleported to Hogwarts.

%^%^%

This seems like a good place to stop. The next chapter will be up as soon I write and type it.