Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful House ❯ Projection ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

<( NOTICE: This fiction was inspired by the last track of the newest Rob Zombie CD, <i>The Sinister Urge</I>. Check it out. )>

His fingers sought out a particular slide, slowly flicking past the neatly ordered rows. In the dark he could <i>feel</i> what slides he wanted, having spent hours and hours placing them in their slots, classified in the order of his trophies.

The old slide projector coughed and wheezed, the sound of flapping paper omnipresent. He took a swig of beer, rubbing his stubble with his pinky as he jammed the slides into position. The slide hacked in protest. In front of his single chair he had hung the projection screen that took up half of the little room. Just him, the projector, and the screen. Nothing to distract him from his work.

After the little hiccup the projector spun to life, and his sallow face lit up like a lantern bathed in chromatic light. He stared blindly at the shaky and unstable slide, the back of his head crushing into the headrest. Great swathes of colors sped past his vision, the single slide producing a reverie in which the entire room was transformed. He saw HER looking out the window, laughing. He saw HER sitting on his armrest, her fingertips playing across his arm. He saw HER fingers slowly digging into his flesh, no longer caressing, but boring deep into the skin of his arm. Blood sprung up from the holes around her dagger-like nails, and all he knew was pleasure and blood…She turned to a great bloody siren, blood streamed down the walls and down his own face as he joined her feral screams.

….Then he woke. The projector had gotten hitched and was frozen on a close-up of HER face as she looked into some store-front window. He groggily knocked over his beer-bottle, which splashed over his naked toes, which he didn't even notice. He raised his hand out to touch HER hair, which was a fuzzy mess of midnight blue on the indistinct slide. He imagined HER silky hair between his fingers and decided that moment that she would become his very soon. Very soon.