Fan Fiction ❯ Because He Wouldn't Give Up Either ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Because He Wouldn't Give Up Either

Curious blue eyes examined scratched up palms before looking back up to meet an aqua gaze.

"Fell again?" The aqua-eyed one smirked and turned around looking at a tree that was perhaps twice his own height. The other gave a sound of indignation.

"Did not! I jumped out!" He glared as the other boy climbed the tree easily and snatched a golden star-shaped fruit.

"Sure Sora, that's why you didn't get the treasure." Riku said, triumphantly landing back on the ground. Sora glared at him before looking back at his abused hands. Riku smiled, dropping the poapu fruit that he had retrieved from the tree as he walked towards his friend. "What? Did wittle Sor-wa get a boo-boo?" He taunted, but still took Sora's hands in his to examine them.

"Ouch!" Sora pulled away glaring again. "That hurt!"

"What hurt? I just touched your hand!" Riku rolled his eyes. Sora retorted by sticking his tongue out. "Oh come now Sora, don't you wanna be strong? If you do, you need to let me see your hand so I can clean it. You got sand in your wounds and my mom says that if you get 'boo-boos' dirty, the dirt will rot your hand off." Sora's eyes widened and he thrust his hands out so Riku could look.

Well...had Riku not been laughing, he might have indeed looked.

"Riku, you liar! My hands won't rot off! You're just being mean like everyone else!" Sora glared and stomped on Riku's foot before stomping away.

A sigh escaped from a brunettes lips as he laid down on a firm, but not necessarily uncomfortable bed, wishing only that he could be lying in the wet sand of his island instead. He was beginning to wonder if he'd ever see his friends again... but more specifically, if he'd ever see Riku again. He had been so lonely these past few months, even with his new companions around...but at least at first it had been bearable... but now that the door to Kingdom Hearts had been sealed...at least before, Sora had actually been able to see Riku...

Maybe he would never see Riku again...it pained him more than ever to know exactly where his best friend was, and yet, be unable to reach him. And no matter how Donald and Goofy tried to fill the gap that the separation caused, nothing could take his mind from the image of the door being shut in Riku's face. Nothing could fill the gap that loosing his childhood friend had caused.

But Sora would have to keep going. After all...Riku would never abandon him no matter what...he was probably looking for a way out of Kingdom Hearts this very moment and meanwhile he was doing nothing! He was sitting around moping when he could actually be doing something. What kind of friend was he? Riku wouldn't be sitting around, he'd be doing something!

With that thought in mind, the keyblade master stood and made his way to the door.

Riku was panicking now...not really normal for him, but he couldn't find Sora. He felt horrible for laughing at Sora like he did but then again, the other boy didn't have to take so hard either. But again, Sora always took things hard and he had a right to... Riku would have too if he got teased by everyone else all the time. Riku shouldn't have teased him at al, after all, he was supposed to be Sora's friend, not a bully.

The aqua-eyed boy shook his head and berated himself. Right now, the important thing was to find Sora so he could apologize, he didn't have time to be thinking, he'd already spent a lot of time searching and Sora was probably thinking that Riku left already. So starting out on his quest once again, he headed to the only place that he hadn't checked, the Secret Place.

Riku found the brunette huddled in a corner by the mysterious door in the back of the cave, sniffling. His blue eyes burned into Riku with a glare, which Riku responded to be holding up his hands in mock-surrender.

"Hey, hey... I just came to say sorry...I shouldn't have did that." Sora looked at Riku for a moment before looking down.

"It's okay...I'm...I'm..." Riku came over to sit by Sora as the brunette stuttered.

"Yeah Sora?"

"I thought you left. Everybody always leaves and I'm always alone...I get scared..." Sora wrapped his arms around his legs as he pulled them close to his chest. Had the situation been different, he would have thought Sora was pouting. However Riku frowned.

"That's not true."

"Yeah it is! Everyone goes away!" Sora yelled, glaring again at Riku.

"I haven't, have I?" Riku looked sincerely into Sora's big blue eyes.

"...Not yet." He admitted, looking back at the ground.

"Then it's settled ,you're not alone, nor will you ever be, 'cause I'll be here for you." Riku grinned and Sora couldn't help but smile back.

"Promise? That you won't ever leave?" Sora asked, but to his dismay, Riku didn't answer for a moment, instead, just looked down to the ground.

"I promise that I'll never leave you only if you promise to never leave me." Sora grinned at his response.

"Of course! Pinky-swear?" Riku nodded and their pinkies locked together as both grinned.

Sora smiled sadly as he turned the doorknob, memories still lurking in his mind. That promise lingered in his thoughts and a small feeling of guilt washed over him before he dismissed it. No. There was no reason to be feeling guilty, he hadn't really ever left Riku... in spirit he'd always be with Riku.

Owari

AN: I'm pretty sure this is a one shot. I was bored and this was the product ^-^

Please REVIEW and tell me what you think!

Oh yeah, Square-Enix and Disney own Kingdom Hearts, I am nor work, nor own either.