Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Slayer ❯ Chaos ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before the Slayer 5: Chaos
 
Dear Diary:
“It's time to go, Lilly.”
“I know. Just a little longer, my friend.”
 
“Hello, Lilly. I'm sorry about this, and you'll probably never forgive me, but…” he trailed off, and two black wings unfurled from his back. They were shredded and bleeding, but wings none-the-less.
“No. Michael, you're a—“
“My name isn't Michael. That may be what the angels call me, but I am no longer Michael. My name is Agony.” I nearly fainted. This man was my best friend's boyfriend!
“No…” I muttered.
“Yes, and I just talked her into living with me. If you do not allow Chaos to speak to and visit the child, then I'm afraid your friend will die. If you listen to me, and let Chaos talk to your son, I will not let him force you and your son to separate.” he explained. I swayed slightly, then plopped back down on the bed, resting my head in my hands. Soon, I was sobbing, unable to hide or suppress my feelings any longer. He touched my shoulder, giving me an unseen sad expression, and then turned to leave.
“Wait. Wait just a minute.” I said, regaining my strength in a flash. “Take me to Asa's school. Now.” I ordered, knowing that the fire in my eyes had relighted itself. He looked slightly taken aback, but then nodded in understanding.
“Don't touch my girl, Agony.” a voice cut in as he was about to wrap his arms around my waist. He froze, and then backed away. “I'll take her, since I was on my way there myself.” the fallen said, coming in to view. I backed into a corner when I saw who it was.
“Chaos…” I whispered, terrified. He walked up to me without hesitation or fear, and wrapped two arms around my waist. I tried to sink into the wall, but he pulled me away, closing the gap between us until nothing was left but cloth.
“Lilly,” he said, leaning down from his normal 5' 11” height. He stopped right above my lips, and looked me in the eyes. “Do you really not want me to see him?”
“Not right now. He needs time to think.” I replied, trying not to give in to his teasing. He held me closer, and brushed my nose against his. Eskimo kisses… I thought, remembering that I used to give those to Asa all the time.
“And you also remember where you learned them, right?” he taunted. I turned away from him, not wanting to think about it.
“Please. Don't—“
“Don't what? We've had a child together, and he certainly is beautiful. You've raised him well, and now it's time I repaid you.” he interjected.
“If you really want to repay me, then don't do this.” I was getting tired of his teasing my lips, and I was close to just jumping on him and claiming his mouth as mine.
“Then do it.” I was taken aback. “If you want me, then take me. I want you too, but you know that.” My heart was pounding in my chest as I started to lean in.
“Asa,” I said abruptly, pulling away and turning my head so that he couldn't do that any more. I took a deep breath, calming myself, and tried to break his grasp.
“Can wait. I just sent Spite to go pick him up. Don't worry.” he finished my thought, pulling me back into his chest and stroking my hair. “Relax, Lilly. I wouldn't let our son be left alone like that.” I pushed him away.
“No. Leave now.” I ordered, putting a hand to my head as if to stop my overwhelming thoughts. He sighed, picking me up and laying me down on the bed. My heart began beating faster with fear as he moved to get on top of me, and I panicked. I sat up and slapped him hard across the face, knocking him onto his back. I was on top of him in an instant, my hands at his throat. My eyes were wide, and I could feel my heart pounding in my head.
“Now, I like this position.” Chaos said, smiling and sliding his hands up my shirt. Memories came back in a flash, and I started shaking, tightening my grip on his neck. He looked up at my face, saw my frightened expression, and sighed again, flipping me over on my back and gently caressing my bright red cheek. “I won't do anything today, but you must know that someday, you won't be able to resist me.” he said, and then got off, laying beside me and stroking my long raven hair.
“Tell me more about the Fallen.” I requested, trying to forget, if only momentarily. He was silent for a while, probably considering the offer first.
“Well, first off, there are seven of us. There's Agony, Spite, Malice, Shame, Void, and Vengeance. You will meet them all eventually, but we'll talk about that later. I really don't think you should know any more. You need sleep.”
“No, I don't. I need to know that my son doesn't hate me.” I replied, trying to get up; Asa came in just in time to see Elijah catch me around the waist and pull me back down.
“And there's the big man now. Come over here and talk to me and your mother, son.” Asa looked to me for guidance, and I opened my arms to him. He ran up, and buried his head in my chest.
“Asa, look at me, honey.” I ordered gently. He lifted his head.
“I don't hate you, Mama. An angel told me I shouldn't hate you, and that you're a really good person. He said that I should be grateful I got a Mama like you, who's willing to do whatever it takes to keep me safe.” I sighed in relief, and hugged him close, kissing his head. Chaos' wings shrouded us from view, and he held us both, kissing the top of my head.
“See? I told you our son was beautiful.” he said, gazing softly at our child. Asa stared back with the same brown eyes, innocent and forgiving. I knew that Asa would get close to his father if I wasn't careful, and yet I didn't really mind the thought. We could be your average family. A religious mother, an innocent child, and a Fallen father. Stereotypical family, right?
Musical laughter could be heard over my shoulder, and the feeling of Chaos' body pressing against me awakened strange new feelings inside me. I felt him kiss my ear, and knew his hand was doing its best not to start roaming. I licked my lips, and looked down at my son, who was snuggling deeper into my chest. Meanwhile, his father nuzzled into my neck, kissing and sucking at it gently. Yes, we could just stay like this… forever…