Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Slayer ❯ One Big Happy Family ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before the Slayer 6: One Big Happy Family
 
Dear Diary:
I could feel myself dozing off, and couldn't help but find myself praying. It was odd, but I knew vaguely that I was in danger like this, and the small part of my mind that registered that information was praying hard that nothing bad would happen.
“Lilly! Lilly, get up!” Someone was yelling at me. “Your son's in danger! GET!!! UP!!!!!” My eyes snapped to their widest, and I jumped out of bed, taking Asa with me and shocking Chaos. I was panting, and sweat trickled down my face.
“What are you doing, Chaos? You know that we can never be together; we'll never be one big happy family.” I said, pulling Asa behind me and glaring at his father. Chaos' wings flicked up in slight surprise and confusion, and he cocked his head to the side, trying to read my thoughts.
“What brought this up? Weren't you the one thinking that we could stay like that forever?” he posed, taunting me discretely.
“I've obviously changed my mind since two seconds ago.” I replied sharply, feeling the angel's presence beside me. Asa must have sensed it too, because he didn't move or speak. He just stayed right there.
“Oh?” Chaos rejoined, narrowing his eyes slightly and frowning. “I thought that once you made up your mind, it was official. Isn't that what you said the last time we ran into each other?”
The memory immediately resurfaced, not giving me time to restrain or block it. I was walking down the street, still seventeen and struggling to support the two of us; back then, I lived in Niagara Falls. It was colder than the weatherman had said, so I was shivering and rubbing my arms to keep warm. It was then that I saw him. For the first time in four years, I saw the father of my son. He was just walking down the abandoned street, an arrogant smirk plastered to his face as he sauntered towards me. I froze, unable to hide the fear that immediately overtook my senses. My eyes were wide, and I almost screamed, but he reached me first, planting a kiss firmly on the lips to stifle my cries of panic and horror.
“Hello, sweetheart. How are you? It's been too long since we've seen each other.” he said, caressing my cheek. I blushed, pulling away and backing up quickly before he caught me again. He looked deep into my eyes, his hair actually brushed out of his face for once. “Where's our son?” he asked sweetly. I knew he was trying to seduce me, so I raised my guard a little more.
“What does it matter? It's not like you can take him away from me. I won't let you.” I retorted, glaring up at my tall captor.
“Oh? You won't, will you?” he asked. “We'll just see about that.” He smiled cruelly, knowing that I was afraid as he reached for the hem of my shirt. I gasped, and slapped him without thinking.
“ `No' means no, Fallen.” I hissed. He turned his head back to face me, a look of surprise possessing his features.
“Why, Lilly. I had no idea you were even capable of violence.” he mocked, causing me to back up a little more. The cold of New York no longer bothered me as I spun away from him, deciding to take a different route to my job.
“Well, too bad for you, I am. And once my mind is made up, there's no changing it. It's official.” I replied, and was not bothered again until Alex's date with Agony.
I snapped back to the present at the sound of Chaos' hissing. I looked to my right, only to see a blond angel with really tan skin. Egyptian maybe? I thought, noting that his wings were greater in number, but smaller in size compared to the archangels.
“Get Asa out of here, Lilly.” I recognized his voice immediately as the one from my head earlier, and obeyed, turning around and picking Asa up. I ran with him out of the room, which immediately erupted into noises like yelling and crashing. I didn't care; I merely prayed for the angel's safety and ran to the nearest church. Rushing in with Asa, I dropped my son after reaching the first pew and collapsed to my knees, praying hard that the Fallen Chaos would leave my child alone. Asa sat beside me in the first row, praying as well, though for what I will never really know for sure. We stayed that way for a while, myself praying desperately, and Asa sitting calmly beside me. If only I'd known then that there was nothing I or anyone else could do to change fate…