Fan Fiction ❯ Best of Friends ❯ Club Spades, and Caught ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13-
As the whole group of teens neared the club, they knew it was going to be a great night. The parking lot was packed with cars. They were pretty lucky to actually have found a space. The line to get in however was pretty short. The group walked up together and stood in line. They laughed and joked until the got up front. David was first, and the guy stamped his hand with a red stamp, that would allow him to drink. Desiree was next. They guy looked at her and at her I.D then back at her and stamped her hand with a black stamp. This continued with the others, until they all actually got in.
“You are going to have to tell me where you got these..” Cassie whispers into Desiree’s ear and then they entered a second set of doors and they all stopped. “Holy shit.”
The room was painted red, with black carpeting. A black light gave off all the colors splashed onto the wall and carpet to make it more colorful. The place was split into three sections. A dance floor to the left, with a bar next to it, and in the back was where the pool tables and gambling tables were. “Dis is Heaven” Desi grins continuing onto into the club.
“I’ll be in the back if you need anything” David tells them before making his way through the crowd. He stopped and came back. ‘Stay out of trouble…and absolutely NO powers” he tells them. They all nod.
“Dance?” Renee asked and pulled Jett out with her grinning all the while. Desiree turned to Izzy and grabbed his hand.
“Don’ say y’ don’ dance cuz ah got proof dat y’ do” She tells him, and the two head off to the dance floor. Zaira grabbed Angelo suddenly and pulled him across the room, making his sister laugh.
“Well that leaves the two of us” Angie said watching Cassie go to David. Jade laughed a bit.
“Well…what to do” Jade says looking around. Her mouth suddenly dropped open. “Damn” She says and Angie looks into the direction of Desiree and Izzy.
“For not seeing each other for so long…they sure like to touch” The angel girl said.
Izzy and Desi were across the dance floor with their bodies pressed together. Izzy’s hands were on her waist and their bodies moved in sync with each other. He leaned down and whispered something in her ear making her smile grow wider.
Desiree’s arms moved around Izzy’s neck as the song switched to My Immortal by Evanescence. His hands rained at her waist and seemed to pull her into a hug as the song played. Desiree Rested her head on his chest and they swayed to the music.
“Doll” he whispers.
“Oui Izzy”
“Ya know…I’m glad I’m here” He says and she looks up at him smiling.
“Y’ don’ know how happy ah am dat y’r here Izzy…ah missed y’ so much” She tells him and he leans down kissing her on the lips. She returned the kiss and they stopped moving in the middle of the dance. Both were too involved in the kiss to do anything else.
Not far from them Renee and Jett were dancing. The young Drake was smiling from ear to ear. “They’re cute together”
“Yeah…right”
“Oh come on big guy” She says. “You have liked her for so long…and she doesn’t return the feelings”
“I know..” he mumbled.
“You know…maybe you should look for someone else.” She said. “Someone could be right under your nose” She says before the song ended and she walked away. Jett stood there for a few minutes taking in the words. “Your brother is really dense Cas” Renee said going up to her and David.
“So is yours” Cassie whispers to her friend. Renee only started to laugh
“I’ve known that for so long” she says. “He’s too much like my dad”
“But damn”
“David…Why don’t you take a break and go dance” Renee said snatching the cards out of his hands. The group of guys playing looked at her like she was crazy.
“You let the girl boss you around” One of the guys asked laughing.
“Renee I’m busy”
“I think you need to dance”
“With who…”
“Cassie”
David was silent and looked at the girl right in front of him and nodded. “Don’t screw up my game.”
“Well I would go get Desi but Izzy’s tongue is shoved down her throat” She told her brother sitting down at the table. “Well boys…lets play” She grins.
Angelo and Zaira were dancing on the floor still when David and Cassie started dancing. “Well someone’s dream came true” She said. Angelo nodded in agreement. “They’re still at it” Zaira nodded towards Izzy and Desi who were now off of the dance floor continuing their make out session in a corner. “I haven’t seen her like this..”
“Ever” Angelo said smiling. Zaira smiled back. “Thank you for dancing with me Z” he tells her and leans over kissing her on the cheek.
“I’d dance with you any day” She told him and they headed towards the bar.

Meanwhile:
Logan, Nathan and Lucas were headed out for the night when they passed by the new club. “Ever been there?” Nathan asked the two others.
“No…that’s the place that all the kids talk about” Logan said as he drove. “They’ve been trying to find a way..” The car suddenly stopped. “If David let them go..” he growls and turns the car around.
“You don’t trust the boy very much”
“My daughter might be in there”
“They won’t let her in if she’s under 18”
“Who is she with?” Logan growled.
“A whole group of people…including a Summers, who I doubt would get into any trouble”
“Unless Desiree talked her into it”
“That’s…”
“Remy’s kid” Lucas said as they pulled up to the curb.
“Excuse me sirs…you can’t park there” the usher said as they got out of the car and started towards the door.
“Is there a problem”
“Nothin we can’t take care of bub”
“Logan..” Nathan said. And motioned to his sister dancing with some random guy and then suddenly reach out and slap him with a menacing glare on her face. She turned and walked towards the bar until she glanced over and saw them. Her eyes widened as she spotted the three and went on to go towards Zaira and Angelo but was grabbed by the guy again. “I’ll be right back”
“Let go of me you jerk” the 17 year old said struggling in his hold.
“You wanna let go of my sister” Nathan asked.
“Not really….”
“I wouldn’t push him” Jade whispered to the guy. “It isnt pretty when he’s mad”
“Damn right and your ass is in trouble”
“I know I know” Jade said The guy let go of her and suddenly ended up on the ground thanks to Nathan’s fist.
“Get to the car”
“ok”
Nathan goes back. “Got one” he says to Logan and Lucas.
“Where’s Zaira” Logan growled looking around the dance floor. He finally spotted her with Angelo and felt somewhat relieved that she was with him and not some other guy. Angelo spotted them almost immediately and Zaira looked over wide-eyed. She immediately got Cassie and David, they got Jett and Renee, and then went to the three.
“We’re in the deep end now huh?” Cassie asked. “Don’t worry we know…You all have danger room sessions at 5 a.m. for the next two months” She says lowering her voice and acting like Logan.
“Now wouldn’t be a good time for that Zaira said knowing her dad who was unusually silent. She looked at him worriedly. He was never actually this calm, and with a situation like this, it was strange to her. “We’re still missing two”
“Where is Desiree” Logan demanded. All the teenagers glanced around at each other.
“Last time I saw her she was with Izzy over there” Jett said truthfully.
Desiree and Izzy had both decided to step outside for a few minutes, in the back alley. “It was t’ crowded” Desi whispers.
“Understand doll…don’t worry about it” He told her with a smile on his face.
“Y’r always so happy Izzy” She laughs. “Iz?” She asks and he glances at her again after looking around them several times. “Y’ know dat ah love y’ bein’ here…but why?” she asks “Ah mean…y’r Papa wasn’t an X-men an’ he lets y’ come join”
“My Pa’ told me that I was like Ma’” he tells her. “He didn’t want me followin’ in the same footsteps as him.” he pauses “And the brotherhood was after me”
“Y’r kiddin?”
“Nope” Izzy told her. “Pa’ said that I would be much safer here with all the bloody X-men.” He laughs a bit “Those were his exact words too”
“Ah bet” Desi laughs until Izzy pushes her behind him.
“So LeBeau decided to come to the club did she” A voice said. “And she brought the new guy”
“Names Izzy mate, an’ leave us, we didn’t do nothin‘ ” he declares.
“Wrong the little bitch did do something”
“Dat wasn’ meh fault an’ y’ know it Mike” Desi hissed.
“What’s he talkin’ about Doll”
“Da lunch room a few weeks ago, people harassin’ meh, nuttin different, ah hit da first person dat ah saw laughin’… it was dis punk” she mumbles and Izzy starts laughing, that is until Mike pulled out a gun.
“You don’t know who you’re messing with” He says and several others appear behind him. “Do you know how it is to be humiliated in front of everyone, do you!” he exclaims.
“Mike, why don’t you just drop it”
“Shut up Nira” he said to the younger girl next to him. Desiree glanced at her and knew she was no older than fourteen.
“Man someones coming” one of the other guys said.
“Take care of them” he commands and three leave the group. “I’ll put an end to you LeBeau, you damn mutants are going to all be put away eventually you know that”
“There a problem?” a deep gruff voice asked from behind.
“I thought I said to take care of him…you can’t deal with a short old man” Mike yelled at them and then watched in horror as the group was all put on the ground easily.
Nira watched in horror as this went down.
“Short old man?” Desi said not getting a good glimpse, she was sure she knew the voice. “Oh..” she says and finally realizes it. “We’re dead” She tells Izzy.
“How does he do that?”
“Our scent probably” she tells him
“He really is a damn dog”
“I heard that Flamer” Izzy’s mouth dropped open at the new nickname and his eyes widened in horror.
“Now that wasn’t very nice Badger” He returned with a glare.
“Thought I was a dog”
“This is better” he grinned. Desiree elbowed him in the stomach.
“Dis isn’ good Izzy, dis is worse din meh Mama an’ Papa finding’ us here”
“Damn right,” Logan growled.
“What is this your Dad?” Mike asked.
“Non…meh uncle” she says “Meh vereh overprotective violent Uncle who tends t’…” she stops as the six adamantium claws come out of his hands.
“Shoulda know you were a mutant” He held the gun up to Logan now and was only met with a gun to his own head.
“I wouldn’t do that” Nathan said.
“An’ dat would be a…family friend” Desi says. Nira’s eyes were wide at this point, fear pouring off of her. Desi glanced over and saw her cowered into the corner in between two trash cans .
“You leave the kids alone” he growls at the boy.
“Fine” he says lowering the gun and then points it at Desiree, not stopping. “I will get you, I know who you are” he pauses “Nira get your ass over here” Mike hisses and was returned with a quick shake of her head. “Now” he tells her. She shakes her head again and he walks over to her and yanks her up. “You didn’t learn did you” he asks shoving her against the wall. Logan narrowed his eyes at him and he watched as the boy put the gun up to her head. “Didn’t..” he paused and looked at Logan who was next to him down, claws under Mikes chin.
“Let her go” he says in a low threatening voice, and immediately she backs away. Logan steps in front of her as Nira slides down the wall scared to death.
“I’ll find both of you, and he won’t be here to stop me” He says and disappears again. Logan turned to Desiree and Izzy without a word. Then turned to Nira.
“You ok kid?” he asks and she backs away from him. “I won’t hurt you” The blonde girl looked up at him with wide eyes and backed away as she saw the claws disappear. “Where do you live?” he asks her.
“Here…on the streets” she whispers.
“Not anymore, Nathan, get her to the van with the other kids, she ain’t safe her anymore, Izzy you go with him, I need to talk to Desiree”
After the three left Logan turned to his goddaughter. “What the hell were ya thinking kid” he asked her. She didn’t look at him. “I know your smarter then this” he growls. “Ya go out to a club underage and drag you friends along with you, dressed like that” he says pointing at her in her black miniskirt and short top. “Do ya know how dangerous that is? And how the hell did you get these to get you in” he asks tossing the others fake Ides onto the ground in front of her. She looked up. “Listen to me Desiree, you can’t go doin’ stupid shit like this all the time, I know for a fact your smarter than this, how could you do something so damn stupid”
“Ah wanted t’ have fun” she tells him suddenly deciding to speak up.
“And having fun is breakin’ all the rules” he asks her. She backs away about to break into tears. “You can’t go doin’ this shit” he says watching her closely. “What’s wrong”
“Y’r scarin’ meh” she tells him. Her empathy had been going now for awhile, since the guy had appeared with his gang. She could feel every emotion from Logan and it was scaring her. Logan looked at her and cursed to himself. He knew about this, when her emotions ran like this, she could feel others, he knew about this from when she was a child.
“Dammit, get to the car” She shakes her head no. “D..”
“Don’ come near me” she says
“Ya know better then that, ya know I won’t hurt ya” She looks at him fearful and it struck him hard when she started to cry. “Bubbles c’mere” he said softening a bit. He embraced her in a hug. She took the embrace still shaking and he could hear her telling him how sorry she was. “C’mon…we have to get back to the mansion” he tells her. “We’ll deal with the punishment tomorrow” She nods slightly. “And we’ll talk about ya bein’ involved with the guild later” Desiree’s eyes went to the ground at the mention of it. “I’ve known for while”
“Ah bet” she whispers. “Don’t…”
“They will be punished…they’re at as much fault as ya are” Desi looks down.

Converting /tmp/phpPlMsCG to /dev/stdout