Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayal and Hope ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Betrayal and Hope" A Kingdom Hearts ficlet-poem-thing

Fic Name: "Betrayal and Hope"

Author: Shadow_Filled_Room

Date Finished: 4-25-2003 - 10:08 PM

Rating: PG - PG-13

Warnings: Spoilers for Kingdom Hearts up to (and maybe a little past) Hollow Bastion, slight Shounen-ai (but only if you take it to mean it that way. ^__~ ), some slight swearing, angst, a lot of angst ^__^;;;;; … I think that's it… ^__^;;;

Summary: Arriving at Hollow Bastion, Sora is shocked by the events that unfold and reflects on his two "friends" and, especially, Riku.

Authors Note(s): …Oh, and I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in a while (I borrowed (more like held hostage. XD XD ) my nephews game. I had to give it back though. T__T I did get to beat it and see the extra ending (Deep Dive <-- is that what it's called? That is what my friend says the name of it is, I don't remember. ^__^;;; .) before my nephew took his game away from me. ^__^ I have to buy a copy of my own one of these days… ) so if I get a few things wrong please don't kill me. ^__^;;

Disclaimer: I don't own ANYthing having to do with Kingdom Hearts, I don't even own a copy of the game, I had to swipe my nephews copy in order to play it. T__T So please don't sue I'm saving up all my extra money to buy my own copy of Kingdom Hearts and all I have saved so far is $5.32. T__T

…However, this fanfic _does_ belong to me. That means no taking this fic and passing it off as your own and no posting this fanfic anyplace without my permission. Thank you. ^__^;; (had to say it, sorry. ^__^;;; )

Notes: If the formatting on this shows up all weird please let me know and I'll try and fix it.

(Notes: June 4, 2003: I now own my very own copy of Kingdom Hearts!!! *hugs the game box to my chest tightly* I'm so happy!!! ^___^!!!!! Now I can make Goth Sora run around in HalloweenTown all I want! XD XD What? #^__^# I think Goth Sora is cute; those little wings… and those fangs… *drool* XD XD #^___^#!! )

(Notes: January 21, 2004: >.>… ignore any strangeness in my old author's notes and stuff. >.>… I wrote them quite a while ago now. XD )

SPOILERS AHEAD!!! Don't read any farther if you haven't gotten into the castle at Hollow Bastion. This is your last warning.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

.

.

.

More Authors Notes: I know we should keep away from the whole Disney-character-thing-things but… When I (Sora) lost my (his) Keyblade to Riku… and then when Donald and Goofy pulled that, that _crap_ on me (Sora) at Hollow Bastion I well ¬.¬ kind of… cried `n stuff…

Riku: "You did more than cry, you totally freaked out."

Shadow_Filled_Room: "Shut up Riku or my next fic will be you and Kairi making out and doing the nasty."

Riku: O.O *shuts up _really_ fast* ( XD )

…so I thought I would write down what I felt at the time… And I don't really name any of the Disney characters… ^__^;;;

Umm… I'm not really sure what is wrong with this fic-thing but it keeps bugging me so I know something is wrong with it (aside from the spelling and stuff ^__^;;; )…. *sigh* Oh well. ^__^;;;

Review if you want. ^__^ You don't have to, but you would make my day if you do review it. XD

Oh, and this is my first Kingdom Hearts fic and only my third finished fic. ^__^;;;

Riku: "…"

Shadow_Filled_Room: "What?"

Riku: "You… wouldn't really make me *gets a sick look on his face* do _that_ with Kairi would you?"

Shadow_Filled_Room: "Piss me off enough and I might." XD

Riku: *turns chibi and gets a sad and grossed out look on his face*

Shadow_Filled_Room: *sigh* "Don't pull that chibi look on me." ¬.¬

Riku: *turns even more chibi and goes into sad chibi puppy mode (like Tsuzuki in Yami no Matsuei) and pouts cutely*

Shadow_Filled_Room: *sigh* "Alright Riku, stop. You know I would _never_ write a fic like that… Kairi is just… *shudder* (Can you tell that I don't like her? *sweatdrop* >.>… ) Umm… yeah. Besides, you are _way_ cuter with Sora!" ^__^!!!

Riku: *blush*

Ah… o.O ^__^;;; Well anyway ^__^;;; here is my fanfic-thing.

~~~+~~~

"Betrayal and Hope" By Me. XD ^__^;;

(Sora's POV)

Having a real `sword' in my hand was so different than my old toy wooden one… With this new metal `sword', this "Keyblade" I could feel the power in it; I knew that by being "chosen" by this Blade my life would never be the same. My childhood was suddenly over and now I had all of these new responsibilities and hardships to face. With this Keyblade I suddenly have to face the fact that I will _have_ to use it to stay alive and to help keep my friends safe… but by wielding it I will have to hurt things, kill things, and I don't want to do that; I don't want to cause anyone pain, I just want to find my friends and go home.

But it looks like I'm not going home anytime soon.

After meeting two people who told me that they were looking for the Key barer and having them join me as "friends" we wandered over worlds, I fought beside them, trusting them enough to have them protect my back in battle and it ends up like this. Jumping from floating platform to floating platform I had finally reached the top. And you were there, waiting for me. You tell me that all of the fighting and killing I had to do, all of the mazes and enemies I faced was for nothing; that the blade I was forced to use, that had chosen _me_ to be it's barer had only chosen me as a second choice, as a carrier to get it to you. You called the blade to your hand and it went to you. It _went_ to you! Then you threw me my old toy wooden sword I had used on our island. (why did you even still have it? why carry it around with you? I don't understand.) It hurt losing that Keyblade. I never wanted it but damnit _I_ fought with it. _I_ was the one who was forced to hurt and kill with it _I_ was the one who sealed those Keyholes and you tell me that none of that mattered?!

And if that wasn't enough my "friends" who had come all this way with me now tell me that they are leaving me. Leaving me to go with _you_. Leaving me because I'm not the Keybarer anymore. As far they care nothing that we went through together meant anything. All of their "All for one and one for all" thing was just so much crap.

So now I'm here, hunched down on the ground with my heart broken and a wooden sword resting before my hands. I watch you walk away from me with that hated Keyblade in your grasp and with my former "friends" at your sides. My fingers press into the stones beneath me, my knuckles turning white as I wonder what I'm supposed to do now. I'm alone, stranded on a world with no way to leave, with countless enemies around me, and a weapon that is as good as useless to protect me. I would give up now but I swore to myself that I would save you. Save _you_. Kairi was only a faint concern to me. You… we have been friends for as long as I can remember. Having you just be lost was bad, but when I found out that the Darkness had you it was like someone stabbed me a million times, it hurt _so_ much. It killed me to know that I didn't get to you in time, that they found you first and changed you; made you into this person that just sneered at me and left me defenseless on an enemy-filled world and didn't look back. Not caring that I had come all this way for _you_. For you.

I hear a pain filled moan and look over to the large monster that you had flicked away so easily earlier. I can see that he is bleeding but he stands up anyway and starts to follow after you. I shake off some of my own pain, stand up, and go over to the monster and tell him to stop and rest but he just says something about that girl he was talking to you earlier about, again; I get the feeling that it's someone he really cares about, maybe even loves. He says he has to go on and find her. He shrugs my restraining had off of his arm and begins his painful, limping walk again. I watch him for a moment, thinking. If he can go on as hurt as he is… maybe I can go on too. I look over to that small wooden sword lying on the stones and know it would be stupid to go on with that as my only weapon but… If I stop now, if I give up, who will save you? Who _can_ save you but me? I laugh bitterly at myself. Listen to me, I still sound like some big tuff guy that can fight. I laugh at myself again and slowly move over to stand before the toy sword. I remember when you first gave me this sword. I used to watch you fighting your shadow on the paopu island with a sword just like this one. I guess you saw me watching you because one day you just came up and dropped this sword in my lap and challenged me to a fight. From then on I used to challenge you to fight me every day. A small smile forms on my lips as I think back on how no matter how many times I fought you, you would always win, but that didn't stop me from making my daily challenge. I guess I thought that if I just fought you enough someday I would win. Even if it had been just once I would have been happy… but now… now I'm afraid to fight you, Keyblade or no, I'm afraid that our next fight will be for real, and that you will make me hurt you. The Darkness has had you in its grip so long I don't know if it is even possible to save you now. I frown at that thought and reach down and pick up my wooden sword. I run my fingers over the scratches and gouges in the wood, remembering the fights that caused them to be there. Why does it have to be this way? What was so wrong about us wanting to see new places, new worlds, that made _this_ happen to us? Maybe it's that "Fate" or "Destiny" thing that I've read about in books. I sigh deeply and grip the sword tighter in my hand. Well, no matter what it is, I know that I can't just let the Darkness have you without me even trying to get you back. You are my friend still, even if you don't, or can't, remember.

I set my face and run after the monster. "Hey, wait up."

I walk with the monster onto the lift that will take me to where, for good or ill, I will face you.

I'm coming to you my friend. Hold on. You only have to fight the Darkness alone a little bit longer.

I look up at the huge castle, that somewhere inside of its depths; you are standing right now, perhaps waiting for me.

I'm coming Riku. Hold on.

~~~+~~~

Eh, that was… --__--;;; Well Ermm… ^__^;; I just had to write that out… I didn't really plan it or anything… and it went from "Sora angst-ing about Donald and Goofy" into a kind of "Sora thinking about Riku-thing". o.O I don't know how it ended up like that. o.O

My next Kingdom Hearts fic will be better... maybe, if I write another one. >.>…

Ja ne!

Shadow_Filled_Room: *Goes off to make Goth Sora run around HalloweenTown some more…* XD