Fan Fiction ❯ Blade of the Slayer: Three Warriors ❯ Tokyo Kid, Part 1 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blade of the Slayer

Chapter 5: Tokyo Kid, part 1

"That last mission was weird." I admitted, tapping at the computer in the old man's den. Magus, nearby, was fine-tuning a computer brain for a motorcycle. I was helping by giving the future motorcycle a customized personality. "Who was that guy, old man?"

"What makes you think I know?" he asked, not turning away from his difficult project.

"That look on your face was unsure." I explained. "It was a déjà vu face. You've seen him before."

"I might have." He shrugged. "But I don't know who he is." I needed a little time to think. The man we were discussing was a stranger who helped save my life on the last dragonoid mission a week ago at the boardwalk. I never got the man's name, or the dragonoid's. Having too many questions that needed immediate answering angered me. I had to find out who that guy was.

The old man changed the subject.

"So, what are you going to name your motorcycle?"

"Name it?" I asked in surprise, swiveling my chair over to where he was sitting. He put down his tools and turned to me.

"I name all of my androids. I believe they deserve names just like people do." He confessed with a smile. I smiled back.

"Okay. I understand. Then I've got a name for it."

"Good. What is it?"

"Juunanogou."

"Jew-nan-oh-gow?" Magus tried to pronounce. "Where did that name come from?"

"I was watching the international channel last night, and this one Japanese cartoon had a guy named Juunanogou, and I thought that was a cool name."

"Okay." He accepted with a two-note chuckle. "When I get it put together, I'll program the name into it." He paused with a worried look. "Um, what was that again? Jew-nanna-how?"

"Juu-nano-gou." I corrected. "It's a mouthful, I know, but you'll get used to it after a while."

***

After a half-hour, Magus and I took a break. Ayla came down in the den to check on us.

"Any new targets?" Ayla asked the old man as I used his computer to play Minesweeper.

"None." Magus shook his head. "The last dragonoid that attacked us was a soldier with a high number, and he was heavily wounded. We're spreading fear though the ranks, and the dragonoids are thinking twice before attacking."

"Which means," I calculated, "if any more dragonoids do surface, they'll be die hards, or they'll be over number sixty."

"That's true." Ayla agreed. The old man nodded.

"And I've been meaning to ask you guys," I added, "what's with the numbers? Why do dragonoids have numbers to go with their names?" Magus kindly answered my question.

"A number is a title, like cadet or general. The higher the number, the higher the authority the dragonoid has. They earn their numbers though strength." I thought back through all the dragonoids I had fought in my life. The lowest number I had ever encountered was twenty-one, and that one was really easy compared to others I had fought later on.

"So, if that one was sixty, and a soldier, and we have seriously wounded him…what's the highest level of numbers a dragonoid can have?"

"We don't know." Ayla shrugged. "The highest we've heard of was a 232. Never actually fought one that high, but it exists."

"Sounds like we'll be outmatched, no matter how many of us there are." I bit my lip. "We need more help."

"There were a handful of organizations that tried to kill off the dragonoids, but the dragonoids killed them off first." Magus explained sadly. "The small traces of those organizations are somewhere in Europe, but they would be impossible to find without attracting dragonoid attention."

"What about that guy?" Ayla brainstormed. "He seemed to know what we were dealing with on the boardwa…"

"He seems to know more than we do." I dropped my opinion. "He knew who we were but he was too expectant of us. If I found it in myself to trust and to like him, I'd ask for his help."

We were silent for a moment.

"I guess we have no choice," Magus sighed heavily, "but to find that young man and ask for his help."

"I'll get started." I volunteered, standing up and climbing the stairs out of the den. "I'll check out the boardwalk for any clues."

"Careful." Magus warned. "That place should be crawling with police officers by now."

"I'll be careful." I assured, leaving the den.

I didn't take more than two steps until I found the tip of a sword blade at my throat.

"Right through the gullet, and into the central codderpin." A familiar voice threatened. "Your neck will be broken in half, your sensory system would fail, and in robotic terms you will die."

It was the mysterious Asian man. I tried to show no fear.

"Before we take this outside," I rose my voice so that Magus and Ayla could hear me in the den, "tell me your name."

"Was that an order?" the man demanded quietly, narrowing his eyes in anger. "I take orders from no one."

"It was more of a request." I smirked, as though a sword at my throat didn't change a single thing. "Please tell me your name."

"No."

"Alright then, will you tell me how you found this place?"

"I followed the three of you here easily."

I bit my lip. If he could follow us, then so could the dragonoids. I had to keep that in mind and tell Magus that later.

"Please tell me your name. You obviously want to fight me." I reasoned. "You also have the unfair advantage since you know practically everything about me, and I know absolutely nothing about you."

"You're a horrible fighter…"

Hey! I thought angrily.

"…but the potential is there. Let me begin by telling you who you are. Your name is Paris Kid Series 1, a very inefficient model android for fighting and killing dragonoids."

That did it. I pulled out my sword and pointed it at his throat. We were both trapped by our own blades.

"Did you wanna prove that, human wretch?!" I yelled. "I'll be more than happy to…"

"…and I am Tokyo Kid Series 2, a flawless android designed to kill dragonoids in the name of the human race."

If there was blood in my body, I would have gone pale in the face. Total shock made my hand go limp, and I dropped my sword. It clanged noisily to the ground. My legs buckled and I dropped to my knees. Tokyo leveled his sword so that the blade was still at my throat. I didn't really notice or care. I felt numb all over.

"I…" only a hoarse whisper came out of my mouth. "I…never thought…that…"

"You did know there are three Kid Series androids, did you not?" he asked harshly.

"Yes." I answered weakly. "But I thought I was the only one activated."

"You can't fight," Tokyo harshly pitied, "and you're stupid. Dragonoids are all over the wor…"

The "stupid" comment made me bolt back up to my feet with sword in hand, and point the blade back at his adam's apple. However, suddenly standing up was costly. The tip of Tokyo's sword sliced through my shirt and bra with a straight line. I was too angry at the "stupid" comment to be embarrassed, and he didn't seem to care about what he did.

"Now I'm not caring if you are an android or a human." I declared angrily, trying not to explode. "I was created to destroy the dragonoids, just like you were. We have the same abilities no matter how experienced we are. One of us isn't greater, and one of us isn't lesser. We were planned out and built by the same creator. We are equal."

"In other words," Tokyo retorted, " 'Shut up, you little bastard. Take that back or I'll slit your throat.' "

"If I wanted to say that, I would have said it first thing." I heatedly argued, giving the hilt of my sword a harder grip.

"You're too polite. You can't even say what you want to say. How much more inefficient are you?"

"Shut up, you little bastard! Take that back or I'll slit your throat!" I screamed. Then I gasped at my outburst.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!" He laughed very hard and loud in mockery. What did he do to me? What was he trying to prove, that he was better than me? I hated people like that! Enraged beyond all calming, I began to push my sword into his neck.

I only managed a wound no bigger and no painful than a pinprick, because I forgot that he no longer had his sword at my throat. It was at my stomach. He was so quick…

…he stabbed into me first.

***

I fell back to my knees, hunched over, and in serious pain. Tokyo grabbed my sword and flung it aside. Using his foot, he stepped on the nape of my neck, and hunched me over, pushing the sword further through my stomach and out my back. I screamed in pain at the top of my lungs. I could no longer see Tokyo's face, but I could imagine him smiling in pleasure as his sword slid further into me.

Then, I heard running footsteps on the den stairs, and Ayla's battle cry. I felt Tokyo's foot leave my back, and I heard sounds of battle erupt in the next room. I rolled on my side, wincing in pain. I looked around and saw no one in the room.

"Ayla!" I called in worry. I heard Magus rush to me, and check my wound.

"We heard everything downstairs." He explained, gently taking the sword out of my stomach. "I don't know why he's doing this."

"Why didn't you help me, moron?!" I growled.

"I thought you could get more information out of him." He admitted as he picked me up and cradled me in his arms. "Hold on." He urged. "I'll take you to the lab to get repaired. Then, you'll get a fair stab at Tokyo."

Continued in Tokyo Kid, part 2