Fan Fiction ❯ Blow, Gabriel, Blow ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Starfire looked to the ceiling of the church. Stained glass windows were all around her and the smiling face of the Christian Lord was gazing down on her. Like he had no pains, had never experienced death. But Starfire knew his story. Robin had told her one night after their kids had gone to bed. The Christian Lord knew all about what Starfire was suffering. And he was the only one.
 
Do you hear that playin?
Yes we hear that playin,
Do you know who's playin?
No, who is playin,
Well it's Gabriel, Gabriel playin,
Gabriel, Gabriel saying,
Will you be ready when I blow my horn?
 
One night, back when the Teen Titans were still the one's protecting Jump City, Cyborg brought something up. They had just battled Slade and had been near death. While this wasn't unusual for the Titans, it had made them all as moody as Raven for the evening. To cheer himself up, Cyborg began to play a song.
 
Blow, Gabriel, Blow
Oh I was low, Gabriel, low,
Mighty low Gabriel, low
But now that I have seen the light
I am good by day and good by night.
So blow Gabriel, blow
 
Suddenly Cyborg turned to them and said,
“I want this played at my funeral.”
 
“Why, dude,” asked Beast Boy, “It's totally upbeat.”
 
“Yeah I know. I want everyone to be dancing at my funeral.”
 
The Titans seemed to ponder at this thought.
 
“That actually doesn't sound like a half bad idea,” Raven finally said.
 
“Well if Raven thinks it's a good idea, playing upbeat music at a funeral, then it has to be appropriate,” Robin replied jokingly.
 
“Alright then,” Starfire said, raising her right hand the air, “Let us all swear that the last one of us to face zubernark will have this melody played at all the others funerals.”
 
Slowly but surely, all hands rose to the air.
 
But Starfire had never thought it would've been her to do it.
 
Once I was headed for Hell,
Once I was headed for Hell,
But when I got to Satan's door,
I heard you blowing on your horn once more,
So I said Satan, farewell,
And now you're all ready to fly,
Yes to fly higher and higher and higher.
Cause you've gone through the brimstone,
And you've been through the fire.
And you purged your soul and your heart too,
So why not come out on top.
And start to blow, Gabriel, blow.
 
The other mourners began to look up in confusion as three caskets were added next to Beast Boys. The boxes were plain so only Starfire knew that they contained her former teammates. And as the boxes were placed in the line along with the other, the choir director gave one last look at Starfire, making sure this is what she wanted. And Starfire nodded her head.
 
So blow, Gabriel, blow,
Go on blow, Gabriel blow,
I want to join your happy band,
And play all day in the promise land,
So blow Gabriel, blow.
 
And Starfire lifted her hands into the air. And she danced.
 
Blow, Gabriel, blow,
Blow, Gabriel, blow,
Blow, Gabriel, blow
I want to join your happy band,
And play all day in the promise land,
So blow Gabriel, blow.
Oh blow Gabriel, blow.
 
And has Starfire smiled at the ceiling with the Christian Lord, she knew she was not alone.
 
A/N: So this was slightly random and kinda depressing. And I'm not very religious and not very Christian but I thought that churches and the story of Christ would inspire Starfire. If you want the song, it's Blow, Gabriel, Blow (duh) on the De-Lovely soundtrack. I'm sure you can find it somewhere else too, but that's where I got it from. I was just listening to the song and decided to try this out and I think it worked…so reviews would be great!