Fan Fiction ❯ Born Again ❯ Chapter 5: Legends and Distruction ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Born Again: The Journey

A.n: OOOOH more plot ness here, Yes as you can tell I'm dipping into the plot early but that's only to give you a teaser, I won't actually hit some of the plot till the end of this Book.

And anther thing, what with the elder talking about after Silver leaves, Silver isn't a whole Faerie, she a Half Faerie, the others think she bad luck and don't want her to stay there, but they have to tolerate her till her mother dies, or she breaks on of the 5 sacred rules. (I'm planning to do a fic on her and her brother later ><; Wanna finish this first as that will probably be multiple story to.)

I changed Celeste name to Hikari; I'll take that chapter down with the whole dream and fix it this weekend.

Pronunciation:

Zenoah Zen-No-Ah

~*~*~*~

Dreams reminded Keaira of Cadian in a sense, to the fact it seemed like something out of a fantasy book, but as time wore on Keaira was starting to see a lot of things on Terra like that, and she sometimes found herself wondering if maybe she was in a story book playing out the role of a character, having everything from the very breath she took to the way she thought controlled, it wouldn't of surprised her in the least…

"Hey Keaira wouldn't it be so fun to have this perfect story book life?"

Keaira shuddered as she heard the familiar voice of her friend Aiko. She could almost hear her own reply.

"Ya mean like Knights in shinnin' armor and White Horses?"

"Stop dwelling on the past Keaira, You were 8 years old, stuff like that doesn't happen" She scolded herself as she rolled over on her side and stared out the window from the bed she lay on.

`Then again stuff like this doesn't happen either does it?' Her mind whispered to her.

~*~*~*~

"Elder do you really think that Human is the one?" Silver light voiced floated in and out the windows of the Elders hut. She sat slightly hunched over on a wooden chair staring at the Elder expectantly.

"Perhaps, but only time will tell… besides… even if she was, she is still missing a Guardian."

"The Half Breed right?"

"Hmm, Yes."

"Do you think it wise then for her to hear of the Prophecy?" The Elder nodded and Silver sighed.

"I think then elder that we are doomed." Silver replied as she stood up from her seat and stalked out of the room. Ashen watched her leave and smiled slightly to himself.

"How ironic that… When we agreed to let your mother keep you and your brother here, everyone thought the same thing…"

(No silver will not be going with Keaira and Orion ><;)

~*~*~*~

"Excuse me… But what is that?" Keaira asks curiously as she pointed to an orange star shaped fruit. The woman from behind the counter laughed lightly and picked up the said fruit.

"This, Is a Staran Fruit," Keaira blinked at them mention of Staran and wonder if Orion was okay, she had prayed since she left her room at the INN (in which she got to stay for free) to get her mind off her past that he was okay, that he hadn't gotten killed.

She sighed and let her mind wander to other things, like why it was called that. "So… Does it grow in Staran or something?"

"Hmmm it does, it's a very rare fruit to. Only grows in Staran and our Forest."

"Oh…"

"Would you like to try a piece?" The lady asked as Keaira shook her head No.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any money on me…"

"That's Okay, You can try a piece for free, just be careful it tends to be pretty bitter sometimes" She broke a small piece off and handed it carefully to Keaira who smiled and muttered thanks. Popping it into her mouth her eyes started to water slightly, the lady wasn't kidding when she said it was sometimes bitter, it tasted like a Mixture of Lemons and Oranges.

"Keaira… The Fire will be starting soon, Please come with me…" Keaira turned around at the sound of the Voice; standing now in front of her was a girl of 5'2 with Pale Gold hair and bright Silvery eyes, with Silvery Gold wings.

"Okay" Keaira said nodding as she looked over what they girl was wearing. It looked like a vest made out of Vines and Leaves, and the Pants looked to be made out wool.

`Which means they must have some kind of animals around here...' Keaira thought as they came to Elder hut. It was bigger then the rests, not by much, but enough to know he was ahead of everyone else.

"Elder, I have brought the girl like you asked of me" The woman said as the Elder nodded, she stepped out and allowed Keaira to enter.

The room was spacious and had bottles of colored sand on wooden shelves, and Carved Masks hung on the wall. The elder kept his gaze on Keaira intently as she shudder under his gaze.

"I wanted to ask…"

~*~*~*~

The fire cackled as the flames licked the air and people faces. Everyone stared into the fire as they waited for the elder to start. Keaira mind rested on what he had wanted of her earlier as she sighed. `I wonder if the wolf the elder saw last night was Ookami… If it was then why hasn't she shown herself to me' She let out a frustrated growl as the elder appeared and took his seat among the other people at the fire. He held a dark purple leather bag in his white hand and at the top of the bag a white string was wrapped around it keeping it closed.

The string fell to the ground as he opened the bag and the fire burned higher and brighter as he tossed some of the whitish colored sand into the flames. Grayish white smoke rose to the sky and the elder, in a soft voice, began to speak.

"About 5000 years ago (Not exactly) the Goddess of Light was born, her name was Hikari and she was doomed to fall in love with a human by the name of Zenoah. The Goddess had three guardians who where her very good friends, She had a Guardian of Fire, and a Guardian of Stars, and together the three stood up against Zane, who was in actuality, Hikari older half brother.

Hikari had tried to get her Twin brother, Adrian, who was the God of Neutrality, to join in, but he refused saying he wish not to partake in the war.

So the 3 made there way there the Real of Darkness, never losing faith in each other until the met up Zane and battle with him, Hikari delivered a fatal blow to her half brother but on his dieing words he muttered a spell and said in 5000 years Terra would fall by his hands.

Hikari only knowing one thing to do for this made a spell herself, none no not what her exact spell was but there was a Prophecy delivered by the Plana people that went…

When the dark lord rises again

Descendants of the Guardians and Hikari shall inherit their powers

And stand up to Zane and Help the one who knows not where her heart lies…"

A slight rustling sound interrupted the Elder and everyone stood arming themselves as strings of curses emitted from the bushes. The voice sounded slightly familiar to Keaira but she didn't have time to dwell on that as a large black animal jumped out from the bushes and crouched low to the ground, letting out a silent rumble from its chest.

Keaira started to step back a little, bumping into one of the Villages as soon as she recognized the animal as a Black Panther.

It let out anther low growl and stared at Keaira intently, seeming to stare deep into her soul, trying to figure out all her secrets, whether or not she was friend or foe to the one it might call master.

/"Keaira of Kaze…"/

"What…" Keaira asked startled, the others looked at her confused, but she just started at the glowing yellow eyes of the panther, wondering how she could hear it, and how it knew of the Nick Name Ookami had given her.

She opened her mouth to say something back to it besides "What" when a triumphant yell came from the bushes and out came a scratched up and slightly bleeding Orion.

The Faeries sat down as soon as the saw Orion and the Elder seemed to smile at him. Orion didn't noticed though to busy glaring at the Panther who seemed to sit down and relax.

"You damn traitor, I tell you to wait up and slow down and you go faster, did faster once leave this mouth of mine?" Orion shouted as the Panther gave out a small cat like chuckle. Orion let out a frustrated yell before noticing the people around him. He blinked as his face started to turn a deep crimson and bowed slightly at the elder before walking up beside the Panther and kicking it lightly in the side.

"I'm sorry Elder, If Hoshi and I scared you. I assure you that was not our attention…"

"Its okay Orion, I was just telling the Legend of the Goddess Hikari to your friend here."

"Ah, Tragic." Orion said nodding slightly as he reached hand down towards Hoshi and scratched the panther behind the ear. It lent out a content purr as it rubbed its head against Orion hand.

"Hm, Maybe. Why don't you and Keaira stay for the night and start out tomorrow morning?" The elder asked as Orion smiled at him.

"Great, I was hoping you let us anyways, Shadows come out at night and after what I just went threw I think a rest be wonderful."

***Next Morning***

"So… how bad are we delayed?" Keaira asked as they started into the forest towards Staran. Orion shrugged only half listening as he glanced at the area around them, seeming to search for something or someone.

"2 days, but this way is much quicker so It worked out for the best."

"Oh… So… Where did the Panther come from?"

"Who Hoshi?"

"Hai" Keaira said as she nodded toward Hoshi.

"Not sure, I've had him ever since I was a little kid. He's a traitor when he wants to be I swear. Its like he's got this mind of his own" He smiled down at the Panther who seem to be looking at him, like he understood every word Orion was saying and Keaira suddenly remember hearing the voice early.

"I have… Had, a pet like that, She was a Wolf… I swear I could hear her thoughts sometimes…" Her voice softens as she thought of Ookami and for a Moment she thought she might cry. She wished she knew where Ookami was, She didn't want to admit it at that moment but she needed Ookami in more ways then one. Ookami was her strength, she always new how to cheer her up.

"N…No" Keaira gasped as she saw what had startled Orion. Down below the cliff laid the remains of the once beautiful Staran City and Kingdom. Dark Midnight blue buildings lay in shambles, and the once that were still standing looked ready to crumble over. You could see tiny ant like people walk around the buildings in a daze like they couldn't believe this had happen to their City.

"Orion…" Keaira shouted as he took of down the cliff, stumbling over the small rocks and holes, till finally coming to a slide down it.

A man, who looked to be about 50, met Orion at the end of the cliff and gave a small bow as he looked up and met Orion Ice blue eyes with his own Gray ones.

"Prince- "

"Leon what happened here?" Orion interrupted.

"-There were these warriors dressed in Solid Black Armor… They took us by surprise…"

"Aren't those the Shadows you mention yesterday?" Keaira asked as she climbed off Hoshi and stood beside Orion, trying to block out the sound of children crying for their parents.

"Ya that's them" Orion said as he ran his hands threw his hair and sighed. "What of my parents are they safe?" Orion asked as he let his eyes wander to the crumbled Castle. Leon sighed as he stared at the ground seeming to not want to answer. Orion backed up a step staring at Leon with wide eyes.

"… You… You can't mean… They can't be" Orion choked out as tears started to build up in his eyes.

"The Castle was the first thing hit… we've searched the Castle high and low Orion but there has been no sign of your mother body, or your older brother…"

Orion shook his head muttering no over and over again as he started to back up more and more. Keaira grabbed his shoulders seeming to start to say that it would be okay but Orion threw her hand off his shoulders and started running towards the Castle, only once stumbling and slipping on the rocks.

~*~*~*~

This book should be over with at the next chapter ^^ No more of Born Again "Journey to Staran" Yes Folks, be on the Look Out for "Born Again: Book Two" Can't give the Official title till after the end of next chapter, Other wise it'll spoil it ^^;;. Kinda sad out of all this I only got 1 FRIGGIN' REVIEW! You evil people see if I ever review your stuff >>.

It'll be awhile though till I get out the next chapter because I am moving this weekend and they won't be able to transfer the phone lines over for a while. Be about 1 to 2 weeks. So that's why you get a long chapter (6 PAGES)

Keaira: Actually it was because she didn't wanna stop

Me: ^^; Writers block gone

Orion: ::Glaring daggers at the Authoress:: You kill my brother and mother.

Me: I let your father live didn't I?

Keaira: You didn't say he lived…

Me: I didn't say he died either.

Orion: Yes but I don't like my father!!!

Me: You didn't like your brother either --;

Orion: That's beside the point, AND wasn't Zenoah name suppose to be Ezoah

Keaira and me: Zenoah sounds better. (Thank Spell checker!)

Orion: ::Screams:: Girls are hopeless your to confusing for your own Good.

Both: THANK YOU!!!!! ::Glomp's Orion as a "Please Review sign is pasted to the Screen"::

(And now its 7 pages)

~*~*~*~*~