Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15

(Mitch's P.O.V)

 

We all watched silently as the Black dragon landed in front of us, then shifting to a human form… he had black hair, black eyes, pretty tall, and a build like Jason's… he also had a veeeeery big scimitar. He grinned at us… the only group that has actually tried to stand up to him, other then the barbarians to the east. His voice boomed across the war zone.

 

" You will all die this day, no matter what you do… yes even you Tyde." Tyde's green eyes went from light green to almost black in an instant. The black grinned and trough soft-spoken lips he said. " Yes Tyde I am the one that killed your family, and all of the greens. But you will not have time to change unless your friends defend you… and unless one of them is a very skilled swordsman…"

 

Tyde then went into the fetal position and cried out in pain. The change was coming… myself and Jason stood in front of Tyde protecting him, with our lives if it must be done. The strange one with the blades stood in front of the black, as did Deciet. They both charged at the same time, doing the exact movements at the same time, but while Deciet went low He went high.

 

Although they were both fast they could not penetrate his Armour, or his defense at the least. The black blocked every strike and blow they threw at him. Then catching the weird one unawares hitting him with the flat of the blade on the back of the head. When Deciet tried to warn him he himself had been thrown into a tree. Back first, amazingly no bones cracked but Deciet did not move.

 

Next Nateal stood up, and bringing his sword in a baseball like swing, while yelling a battle cry none understood. "•Sachem Non Honor" the black seeing this threat also brought his blade to meet Nateal's although the blacks strength far surpassed Nateal's. The black dragons blade broke and flew into a great oak. Leaving bubbling sap from where the blade was,

 

Nateal grinned "the warrior is as only as good as his blade" the black glared at the human and replied "you have not beaten me yet, this time none of you will live" he laughed sardonically as black wings spread from his back, leaving only shadow and fire on the ground where he once was.

 

Nateal knowing what he had to do quickly ran into the castle… for some reason I think that this decision will save our lives.

 

Tyde now had a bloody wing sprouted from his back, why wasn't this as easy as the blacks transformation? Tyde screamed as his other wing spurted out from his back. The pain must have been incredible.

 

Jason knowing that the black would attack soon stood on the pedestal. Looked at the black dragon and threw his mighty war hammer at it. Leaving a small gash in the blacks lower belly. The dragon enraged that this human could actually cut his skin landed in front of the pathetic thing…

 

Jason shouted, " I will not be afraid as my people have not been. Do your worst it will be no worse in Hell." As he spoke the dragon bringing his sharpened claws up on the man." Then bringing them down swiftly. Amazingly Jason never cried out… and he slowly dropped to the ground, his blood making the ground holy. And he slowly let out that last breath…

 

By then Tyde had fully changed, to his full dragon form. The glorious green dragon roared a challenge at the black. Then took to the skies, the black seemed to grin as he also took to the skies.

 

Hitsume roared back at Tyde while they flew. The black trying to find and kind of advantage in this upcoming battle. Tyde unleashed his poison breath on Hitsume who seemed unaffected? While Tyde tried to recover from this the black had sank his teeth into Tyde's leg. The green roaring in fury rolled to get the black off of him.

 

It worked but at a price, Tyde's leg had been badly damaged and could possibly be ripped off. But the black to consumed in his blood rage did not notice this advantage and went for another lunge. Unaware that the green had been planning this. The green quickly rolled in midair once again, dodging those razor sharp claws and teeth, while putting his own claws into the black. Being rewarded by a howl of pain.

 

The black then tried to send a fireball at Tyde; fortunately for the green he got out of the way, and out of his blood rage. The black not thinking about any of his moves, this would prove to be his greatest mistake, but also his greatest asset. Both dragons were caught in a tangle, if either made a mistake they would tear each other to pieces. But both were anticipating that the other would make that mistake.

 

Then in an act of desperation the black used a spell of shadows. Covering everything in you guessed it… shadow. Tyde being unused to these conditions, could not see and thus being caught unaware when the black had gotten behind him. Then while Tyde facing the other way, Hitsume caught a hold of Tyde's wing, and ripping it to shreds. Pretty soon the black was holding the green up.

 

Then casually letting go. The ground rumbled as Tyde hit the ground hard. And Deciet groaned and slowly got up. I myself even got out of my cowering and stood beside him. Hitsume soon landed beside Tyde and started toying with him. Biting and ripping the scales and flesh.

 

Then out of nowhere he heard something. Something along the lines of "hey look over here" there was Nateal sitting in the catapult. Hundreds of pounds of explosives behind him, what was he thinking? Pulling a side knife out of his boot, he hurled it at the lever. And another at the gunpowder. The catapult not being able to throw him far enough at the black.

 

But then something didn't happen… no spark flew at the gunpowder. Nateal was going to fall and his plan would fail. But then out of nowhere the whole castle was engulfed in flames. This was enough to throw Nateal at the dragon full boar. Nateal drawing his bastard sword in midair, while screaming a knight's last charge. He drove the sword deep in the heart of Hitsume.

 

The black crumbled violently and Nateal fell. Both Hitsume and Tyde changing back to human. Tyde was on the ground with a broken leg and bleeding back. Hitsume hadn't been so lucky… neither had Jason. All of the companions gathered around his body. Tyde had even carried himself but barely. All of them muttering a prayer to their own gods.

 

The only one that didn't know was out cold. The weird thing had been carried back to what was left of the castle. We all helped in carrying Jason's body to the castle. We decided that he should be burned and his ashes given to his people… he would have understood.

 

The ceremony went good their were no interruptions… no screaming children… only I wept for the man, but I could clearly see the sadness in everyone's eyes. I slowly said " we need to pass on… we need to get the ashes to his people." They only nodded… not agreeing but not disagreeing either.

 

After a couple days of no one talking, but everyone keeping to themselves. We finally decided that we would leave this place, and hopefully never return. We brought the cleric with us, not forgetting that she was still there. She quickly healed everyone's wounds. Even Nateal's who would usually object to this.

 

After we had given the ashes to the barbarians we decided to go east. Then an illusion appeared. It was the sorcerer that brought us here. He says, " You must find the portal stone and go to the realm of eternity… I will meet you there; I believe Tyde has the stone.

 

Tyde then pulled the small orange gem from his pocket. And the illusion disappeared. We all put our hands on it and we all ceased to exist. Time stopped and this time… no one would help us if we needed it.

 

 

 

 

 

Sachem non honor. Means my honor is my life in the language of the knight.