Fan Fiction ❯ chapter one the young samurai ❯ chap I the young samurai ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own teen titans if I did I would be getting paid for it. Believe me.
 
 
 
Few people in this world could say they have truly seen something unique; some people wouldn't know what unique is until it hit them in the nose. Unless of course you lived in Jump City were unique is as common as pizza.
Except rain, it doesn't rain very much in the “big city” at least as not as much in the eyes of anyone who lived there anyway, but to one young man it had never rained harder.
 
Having to find a cheap ferry that would even take him as far as the tower proved to be almost impossible for the young warrior, but finally securing a ride from an old fisherman who delivered the pizza boys to and from the towering symbol of justice were unique is the norm and blue furry food is a must.
* * *
“Movie night, raven you turn to pick!” cyborg called from the couch already stuffing his face with popcorn almost turning the same shade of blue as the other side of his face.
Raven shuffled into the room a rare smile playing on her lips at beast boys comment silently stepping over to the couch DVD in hand “whatcha pick?” beast boy intoned threw gritted teeth having lost his choice in a bet to raven, the weekend before, in a card game. “Wicked Scary III: the return” came the monotone voice most historians would be envious of, she loved to watch all their eyes widen in fear it almost made her grin again, but `we can't have that now can we.' She thought, when her dopey side piped up and said “why don't you laugh?'' “You know why…” `No, that's no that's no a good enough excuse and you know it.' “Deal with it” she muttered absently “Uh, Raven?” Robin inquired
“Could you set it up for us before cyborg eats everything.” Beast boy added; cyborg shot him a withering glare and proceeded to stuff his face again.
 
Leaving in the middle of a good horror movie didn't appeal very much to Raven, but when their doorbell rang it was she who forced herself to rise and answer it all the while the other Titans stared in amazement at the silver screen taking no notice to her absence.
 
* * *
 
After paying the boatman's fare, the teenager began to circle up the small island that held the famous (or infamous in you're a villain) titan's tower; which just happened to be drenched in rain and covered in a vale of darkness broken by the occasional clash of lightning followed closely by his brother thunder.
After ringing the doorbell he figured it would take some time to answer, so getting himself comfortable the young teen waited. Luckily for him the door had been answered not long after it had been rung; a pale girl in a musky, dark purple cloak slid the gigantic monolith of a door open like it had never been there just far enough to let her left eye see out.
 
 
* * *
 
“Who are you?” Raven demanded of the stranger boy; “Hi to you too.” The boy retorted sarcastically with a smile playing on the corner of his lips. “What do you want?” she growled in response to his sarcasm. “My name is Ronin if you must know; I want to join your team.”
“We don't need you on our team, go away.”
“I guess a demonstration is in order.” Ronin smiled to himself as she began to slowly inch the mammoth door closed on him. The ominous boom set him off almost disappearing for a split second before twin Xs appeared zigzagging along the door pushing the jagged pieces inward.
 
* * *
 
“Great; another rich-rich brat wanting to join the team; damn it I'm missing the movie.” Raven ranted in her head not even bothering to notice the thin X appear in the door in tell it began to fall inward on itself.
Jumping forward on impulse raven narrowly avoided the falling rubble “Can I join the team now?” Ronin inquired sarcastically, almost lazily to raven who could only stare at the weapon he used. Ronin noticing her gaze smiled and said “Yes its wooden.” At this statement ravens mouth dropped involuntarily.
“Hey robin get over here!” raven yelled into the hall without need, as the titans had heard the door crash and were already on their way.
When the titans finally rushed into the hall raven had returned to her feet and grinning like a loon said “Hi guys, this is Ronin.”