Fan Fiction ❯ Competitive World ❯ Competitive World ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Jubilee and Cyclops are not mine, so don't sue. Not that I believe anybody wants my country music collection or my Des'ree cd. Competitive World belongs to Des'ree. If you like Jean Grey, please run away now.

Jubilee shook her head. Scott was taking the fact that Jean left him for Wolverine hard. Especially since he was listening to one of her favorite songs. She stood and walked over to him.

Adjacently we stand keeping out the cold

Emotions flowing through us, are we being to bold

To say we're in control

Time is moving on soon well be gone

The wall will crumble and fall, it had to be that way

Scott sighed. He remembered how he had ran across this song. Jubilee was working on her homework. She had stated that it helped her think.

'Cos this competitive world, may let you down

Hearts and souls and minds, they get churned around

People tread on your heart and they don't fear

That brave look in your eye, which says you care

"Shit. There goes my vision agian." Scott smiled at Jubilee's sour face. "I hope that you don't plan on trying to cheer me up." Jubilee smirked. "Why would I want to cheer you up? As far as I'm concerned the Red Menace, and Wolverine deserve each other." Scott cocked a barely visible eyebrow. "Where's all the loyalty you supposably have to your friends?" "Goes out the window when they do something like stealing a woman from another friend of mine."

Clouds that float on by, furnishing the sky

So beautiful you want to be there too, oh you can make it there

Stones may block your path people they may laugh

Say your acting like a fool, this fuels your will to prove

Jubilee shook her head to clear her vision. Once clear she noticed Scott looking at something. Following his gaze she saw Jean flirting with Wolverine, agian. She clapped Scott's shoulder. "Don't let them get you down. Man, there are worse things in life than losing your wife to a man with six inch long claws." Scott offered a small smirk. "Being?" "Being on the wrong side of them for starters. Or having him scare off everyone of your dates."

'Cos this competitive world, may let you down

Hearts and souls and minds, they get churned around

People tread on your heart and they don't fear

That brave look in your eye, which says you care

"How many of your dates did he scare off?" "One. But he spread the word. No one else has ever shown up." They shared a strained laugh then lasped back into silence.

So don't ever let go, when someone says its so

Don't give up the flight, cos you know its right

That brave look in you eye, says your dreams won't die

This formulates your key

Jubilee sighed. "Ya know, its bad for your health to get to far into a depressed state. 'Sides I would like to keep the best practical joke partner that I ever had." "Are you trying to make me feel better?" "Yep! Is it working?" Scott shook his head with a smile.

'Cos this competitive world, may let you down

Hearts and souls and minds, they get churned around

People tread on your heart and they don't fear

That brave look in your eye, which says you care

"You don't give up do you?" "Don't know how, and personally I don't want to know how." Scott sighed. "Ya know, I hate her, but I love her. Can't say the same about Logan though. I would love just to shoot a hole through his guts." "Don't. Professor Xavier might make you clean the mess up with your toothbrush." Looking up, Scott noticed that Jubilee looked as if she wanted to see how hard she could blast Wolverine and Jean without leaving permanant damage."

Don't let the wall crumble and fall

Build it up, keep it up

Cos this competitive world may let you down

Rise up and defend yourself

"Well, it looks like the atmosphere around here is bringing us both down. Want to go get something to eat, and maybe to the arcade or a movie?" "Are we going dutch or are you paying?" "My treat." "Right behind ya."

This competitive world, this competitive world

Rise up and defend yourself

_______________________________________________________________ _________________

*Looks out from under the bed.* Well how was it? *Dodges rotten tomatoes.* Please read and review