Fan Fiction ❯ Curse? What Curse? ❯ Curse? What Curse? ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Curse? What curse?

Disclaimer: I don't own the red sox but if i did i would be the luckiest man ever to live.

It began with a number. 1918. The last time the Red Sox won the World Series. Curse? or just bad luck. There was never a doubt in my mind. but the rest of the world. To them it was the curse of the bambino. The trade that sent Babe Ruth to New York. Well let them talk. Curse? I think not.

Year after year. Boston went to the playoffs. Year after year we knew they could do it. But every year we came up short. Last year. Game 7 2003 ALCS. Ninth inning. Boston Up. Pedro pitching. I think you the rest. Curse? I think not.

Well this year is a new year, a whole new year.

Boston as usual Earned a Wild card playoff berth second in the division to the yankees. Again. We had hope When we beat out Anaheim In the ALDS. And came New York.

Game 1 10-7 New York 1-0 yankees

Game 2 3-1 New York 2-0 yankees

Game 3 19-8 New York. 3-0 yankees

Did we lose faith? I think not.

That would be the Yankees last win of the season

Game 4 6-4 Boston Ortiz 2 run homer in the

12th inning. 3-1 yankees

Game 5 5-4 Boston Ortiz rbi to win by one in the 14th

3-2 Yankees

They said it was over. The Red Sox couldn't win in Yankee stadium. I dont think I've ever heard something so wrong.

Game 6 Curt Schilling walked into a stadium known for harrassing pitchers (especially Red Sox pitchers). He walked in on a Injury torn ankle.

You know what he did.

He shut that crowd up. Nothing was said. Nothing could be said.

Game 6 4-2 Boston Curt Schilling held the yankees to 4 hits in seven innings. while his ankle was bleeding.

3-3 series tied.

Schilling said something interesting after the game.

He said that he didn't win game 6. at least not by himself.

He said God helped him.

He said that he tried to win game 1 by himself and he lost.

But this game he put his trust in god.

And he kicked ass

Divine intervention?

You tell me?

Headlines after the game were interesting to say the least.

Steely Schilling draws Sox even with history

Yankees mystique and aura left shrouded in fog.

Why not the Red Sox?

Well why not?

Game 7

Well i think words cant explain but... where to start.

To all you who watched Game 7 did you ever have a doubt in your mind.

Ortiz's two run homer

Johnny Damon's two run homer

Johnny Damon's grand slam

Derek Lowe's Amazing game allowing one hit in six innings

And picking up where Schilling left off shuting that crowd up.

To be honest I myself was kind of lost in the moment.

Game 7 10-3 Boston..... Why not us?

4-3 Boston wins.

You all will remember where you were when Damon hit his grand slam and when the Red Sox came back down 3-0 to make history by winning the series.

I was in my room. It was midnight. I was hiding cause my parents told me to go to bed. Like that was going to happen. When that final out called and I knew the Red Sox won. I was lost. Lost in a sea of emotion. It was so beautiful. I felt like i was touched by god himself. I didn't know how to react. The tears of joy running down my cheeks as i was jumping up and down yelling as loud as i could. I think that was then I knew. There is no curse.

That night in Yankke satdium. You saw signs and costumes of the curse of the big bambino. That Boston was forever doomed. Well if Boston really is cursed. Why did we win the way we did?

I'll tell you why

cause there is no curse

I have no idea what your talking about.

I don't think Johnny Damon did either when he hit that grand slam homer in game 7.

I don't think Curt Schilling did either when he walked into Yankee satdium on a injured ankle and shut a crowd of 55,000 yankee fan up.

I don't think David Ortiz did when he hit his homer to win game 4 or when he hit his RBI to win game 5.

I don't think Red Sox nation did when we remained faithful through thick and thin.

Well look where we are now.

First World series appearence since 1986

and soon to be World Series win since 1918.

You know what?

There's a new number.

That number is 2004

The year the Red Sox proved to the world that there is no curse.

So to all the Red Sox faithful out there.

When someone tells you something about a curse.

Just ask them.

What curse?

Oh and by the way remember

And Curt Schilling will agree with me when I say

Even god wears Red Sox

Believe my friends

Believe