Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness ❯ To See ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The book glowed in shades of red, calling, wailing, and beckoning. Maria found herself unable to draw back her hand, and slowly grabbed the book.
“What could the harm be?” she wondered out loud. “Kevin always extends the truth anyway.” And with that, she pulled the book out.
“No!” came a distance shout.
Kevin stared at the scene in horrors, it was too late; it have already begun.
Swirls of red, black, and sliver poured out the book, engulfing Maria completely.
“You're mine!” a vicious voice snared.
Tears dripped softly unto the ground, Maria cried silently, eyes begging for Kevin to understand. “I'm so sorry,” she sobbed. “I'm so sorry.”
“MARIA!” Kevin shouted, waking up in cold sweats. Heart thumping rapidly, ears drumming in rhythm.
“It's just a dream,” he whispered breathlessly.
“No it's not,” the darkness echoed.
Startled, Kevin turned his head toward the source. “Who is there?”
“Kevin, do you really hate me that much?” Maria teased, stepping out from the shadows.
“Maria…no Darkness,” Kevin hissed, eyes narrowed with hatred.
Darkness smirked, and patted Kevin on the head (Kevin jerked away). “Is this how you greet your other half of the soul?”
“You were never part of me,”
“We were always together,” Darkness smiled, disregarding to Kevin's earlier proclamation.
Kevin ignored Darkness and muttered out, “Get out of her.”
“Now, why would I want to do that?” Darkness asked. “This body prove to be quiet the transportation. Locking away in those ancient text is rather boring.”
“You were never meant to escape!” Kevin exclaimed.
“Ah, yes, when your ancestors sealed me up, never did they think that I was see the light of day again. However, it was fate that let me find such a naïve girl to waken me.”
“It was a mistake.” Kevin said darkly. “The movers misplaced the book. It was…you were never meant to be put into the library to lure innocents.”
“What is innocent?” Darkness questioned. “Innocence has died long ago, when humans came.”
“And creatures of darkness are innocent?” Kevin retorted back.
“More so than ever.” Darkness purred. “Join me Kevin. Don't be foolish as your ancestors.”
“Foolish for refusing to go into the darkness?” Kevin hissed.
“Foolish for believing that they can stop me. I will always live.”
Darkness studied Kevin from his coroner. He and Kevin are rather similar; so similar. Both mistreated badly by society, both fill with such hatred, both will be children of evil. Magic runs in their blood, let it be good or evil, Darkness knew that Kevin and himself could cause more than enough chaos and destruction. They could rule the world!
“Never,” Kevin whispered.
Darkness scolded at the answer. “Well, then. Your little girlfriend here will provided more than enough energy for me to complete what I have started,” with a last glance, Darkness disappeared.
Kevin didn't move; Kevin couldn't move.
Years ago, in the time of the Gods, Darkness would born into the Light Clan, one of the most blessed people of the Gods, with magic flowing in their blood. It was said that Darkness was unusual even as a child. Always frowning, never once smiled. Before long, Darkness became silent too. Always locked in his room. It was not until his 17th year did the Clan discover Darkness's true power, power that would destroy the world. It was said that Darkness was looking, searching for something, and the clan was in his way; the world was in his way. It was in the final battle where more than half of the clan sacrifice themselves did Darkness was finally sealed away in a book. The clan had hoped that Darkness was never to be awakened. However, 50 years later, Kevin was born. And Kevin often spoke of his dreams of a man cloaked in dark flames. And the story starts there, and history ends there.
 
 
 
 
Cindy Sun