Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Blade Part 5: Aquo the Submerged City ❯ Chapter 1: Taloko Strikes Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny Blade

Part 5: Aquo the Submerged City

Chapter 1: Taloko Strikes Again

"How could you let them live!?" Taloko scowled Drel.

"They overpowered me, 4 to 1, not good odds." Drel explained.

"Overpowered you? I gave you the strength and speed of a true Dark Ling but you were "overpowered" by a fool with a sword!" Taloko glares at Drel.

"It wasn't only Zinx, it was the girl too, she's a sorceress. She used an amulet with great power to defeat me." Drel looks at Taloko with some anger.

"An amulet…an f***ing amulet! An object that is DIRT compared to my power was able to defeat you. Do you want your father back or not?" Taloko scowled.

"Yes I do, but…I need some assistance." Drel told Taloko.

"Assistance…" Taloko quoted with an evil grin. "Well, you'll get your assistance, but for now, they seem to be headed towards Aquo. This will be your next mission; the Aquians are the wisest people. They use water spells and magic as weapons, your mission is to got and take the Elemont of Sea from the shrine before the caged Kraken gets you." Taloko explained

"The Kraken was caged, figures." Drel panicked.

"You are afraid, Drel?" Taloko looks at Drel with warning.

"What gave you that idea?!" Drel says as he takes Luther but Taloko stops him.

"You need more than a hammer, my friend. You need much…much more…" in a glow of darkness, Drel screams in terror as a dark cloud of matter swallows him and reveals a new Drel.

Taloko sends the new Drel to find the four heroes before his mission in Aquo. Drel is to steal the Elemonts and something more diabolical.

"How much further is it to the ocean?" Vaki asks Ralo.

"Nine miles, it may take one or two hours to reach the ocean." Ralo answers.

"The sooner we get there the better, hey Kita, what's up with you?" Zinx asks Kita who is in a sorrowful mood.

"It's…what your friend said, I took his place…I am wondering…did I really?" Kita asks herself.

"Well, one thing, he's our enemy, another thing, you're too negative." Vaki says in an angry attitude when Kita called Drel their friend.

That night, the four camp under a large tree. Kita is always the one to sit next to Zinx as Vaki sleeps on the ground, snoring. Ralo is sleeping on a tree branch as Kita looks at Zinx.

"Why do you need to collect the Elemonts?" Kita asks.

"…Do you know about the Book of Hellfire?" Zinx looks at Kita.

"Yes, the book that was written by the Devil. What about it?" Kita asks.

"Well, I came from a small village called Quilo. We secretly kept the Book of Hellfire in a glass container in the Village Hall. Well, Taloko disguised himself as a wandering villager. Vaki, Drel, and I were getting suspicious when we heard he was mostly asking our village elder about the book. Elder Yukoro gave Taloko enough information so the bastard snuck into the village hall and stole it. Until then did Elder Yukoro realized that the name Taloko is the same name as the Lord of Shadow. Taloko used a spell in the Book of Hellfire on the land. My village didn't have an Elemont to protect us so my village perished. Vaki, Drel, and I were out-of-town but we did get blasted by the explosion. The villages with Elemonts were protected from the explosion.

I woke up on the ground, I would have died like everyone else but for some reason, I lived. Vaki and Drel also survived. I went to Quilo and realized my mother was killed by the explosion. Our dying elder told me of a temple where a sword called the Destiny Blade was being held. To open the temple, we need the Elemonts. The Destiny Blade is the only thing that can destroy the Book of Hellfire and Taloko." Zinx explains with sorrow.

"I see…" Kita says as she looks at the sadness in Zinx's face.

After an hour, Zinx and Kita fell asleep, the time was now. Drel quickly left his hiding place behind the boulder. He looks at Zinx and then at Kita. He then went to Zinx's pack and opened it. There inside were the Elemonts. Drel scooped them up and then went to phase two of the mission. He tapped Kita's shoulder as she woke up, she was terrified but before she could scream, Drel knocked her out with a rock. He picked up Kita and left a note on her sleeping place. Drel returned to Taloko's Palace. Taloko has struck again.