Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Blade Part 5: Aquo the Submerged City ❯ Chapter 3: The End? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny Blade

Part 5: Aquo the Submerged City

Chapter 3: The End?

Zinx, Ralo, and Vaki finally make it to the area where Aquo will rise. It's one minute to noon as the three wait for Drel and Kita, who is out of the cage. The two arrive in a cloud of darkness and Zinx is horrified to see the new Drel. Drel is like himself, only in a darker form, his eyes are red and he has the tail of a devil and ears that are shaped like devil horns. Luther is gone; Drel now has an axe with a blade as big as a small car! With his strength, Drel holds it no problem.

"Drel…what has Taloko done to you?" Zinx asks, horrified.

"Made me more powerful, to Hell with my father, this is now between you and me. I don't care if he's resurrected; I just want to slaughter you Zinx!" Drel growls with anger. "Our battle doesn't start here though."

Then, the land begins to rumble as a large pyramid-shaped dome rises from the ocean. Aquo is a city of a time limit. It rises to the surface at noon and sinks at 6:00 PM. The doors to the city open for outsiders to come inside.

Drel throws Kita to Zinx as he runs into the entrance. Zinx follows but as the other try to follow, an invisible force field, made by Drel, pushes them back. This is a battle between Drel and Zinx.

Zinx finds Drel in the center of the city. No Aquian dared to be near an outsider. They only come out when the city is submerged.

"We have the entire city to ourselves; we have quite a large battlefield. Here are the rules to this battle, no rules but the winner gets to take the Elemont of Sea as the other dies.

"Fine with me." Zinx says taking out his sword.

Drel takes out his axe and charges at Zinx, who jumps in the air to avoid the attack. Drel dodges Zinx's attack and throws the large axe. Zinx ducks as some hair on his fox ear fall to the ground. Zinx jumps on a building and leaps down at Drel, who dodges it by also jumping and leaping. Using a powerful slash of his axe, Zinx's chest has a small flesh wound. Zinx runs and jumps on a building, hoping to keep Drel from hitting him again, but Drel leaps up in the air and lands on Zinx. With the weight of both Drel and his heavy axe, Zinx becomes weak in every place in his body. Drel drops his axe and picks up Zinx by the collar and tosses him with his great strength, into a local fountain, the statues in the fountain fall on top of Zinx who has lost his sword.

He pushes the statues off him, only the slammed in the back with the axe's handle. Zinx fall to the ground and coughs up some blood as Drel kicks him in the gut and forces Zinx to roll over.

"Die!" Drel screams as he lifts the axe.

"Not today!" Zinx says, kicking Drel between the legs.

Drel screams and drops his axe and falls to the ground.

"You said this battle had no rules so I didn't hear shit about hitting above the belt." Zinx coughs out, standing up. 3 of his ribs are broken but Zinx still fights.

Drel roars with anger and with both of his hands, wraps them around Zinx's throat. Drel squeezes the air tube as Zinx chokes. Drel then tosses Zinx into a building of concrete which collaspes on Zinx. The dust from the fallen building clears as Drel smiles at the ruins, no signs of life. Then, some debris moves as Zinx rises from the ruins. Drel roars with anger and quickly grabs his axe and charges at Zinx. Zinx ducks in time to avoid another slash and grabs a large rock and jabs it into Drel's ribs, breaking several of them.

"You bastard!" Drel scream in pain.

Zinx leaps into the air with all his might and grabs his sword. Then, Drel grabs his axe and throws it. The blade part misses Zinx but the steel handle hits Zinx. Then, due to the destruction of the fighting, the city alarm sounds, the city is submerging early! The city starts to lower as the two rush to the exit then Zinx remember the Elemont, he rushes back to find it in a small shrine and swipes it and runs in full speed to avoid the caged Kraken from attacking him. But then, Drel takes his axe and throws it at the glass dome wall, shattering it.

"Drown like the rest of the city!" Drel yells as he leaps through the hole in time to avoid the ocean surface.

The water reaches the hole and comes pouring into the city. The Aquians runs into a shelter as Zinx runs but the water rises too fast. Zinx never learned to swim and then as the water fills half way up the dome. Zinx is at the bottom, struggling to reach the hole. The dome is complete fills with water in a matter of minutes and Zinx's air is running out and so is time…

To Be Continued…