Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Blade Part 6: The Chosen One ❯ Chapter 1: The Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny Blade

Part 6: The Chosen One

Chapter 1: The Awakening

Zinx swims desperately to the hole in the dome, made by Drel's axe. His lungs are ready to burst and there is no hope of finding air anywhere. Zinx then becomes unconscious due to the lack of breathing. He then drifts into sleep.

"Zinx….Zinx…" a voice calls out.

Zinx lies on the ground in pitch black.

"Where am I?" Zinx asks himself.

"Zinx…Zinx…" the voice continues to call.

"Who are you?" Zinx asks.

"Why do you sleep, Zinx?" the voice asks.

"I'm sleeping?" Zinx is confused.

"You are in Aquo now, sleeping. If you don't wake up, the world will suffer." the voice tells him.

"Who are you? Can you help me?" Zinx asks the blackness.

"Yes, I can open your mind. You have been chosen." The voice speaks to Zinx.

"Chosen?" Zinx asks.

"1,000 years ago, a war was fought between the Demi God Merlo and the Demi Devil Orlin. Heaven and Hell fought for control over the world. Orlin's army of demons fell to Merlo's army of spirits. Then, Orlin ordered his father the Devil to create a book from the very fires of Hell. The book was filled with unholy spells and enchantments and it came to be called the Book of Hellfire, given its name from where it was made. The Book was used first by Hell's general Talokees, the father of Taloko. Talokees used the Book and destroyed Heaven's army. When all hope seems lost, Merlo made a blade. The handle was made of holy metal and its blade of solid holy aura. Merlo gave the sword to the general of Heaven's army Lin, thinking it was Lin's destiny to wield the blade.

Lin went after Talokees and slayed him. The Book of Hellfire was then powerless and given to the Holy Elders. Lin gave the Book to an Elder named Tukoro. The Book was placed in a village called Quilo in hope that it will never fall into the wrong hands. Enraged by the Book of Hellfire's captivity, the Demi Devil Orlin stole the sword and imprisoned it in a temple. The sword was placed there, and Orlin sealed the door to the temple by making a door which needed the powers of the 5 elements to open.

Lin was the only one to wield the blade but in case of the Book's return, he passed his ability down to his son and his son passed it to his son. Lin's son's name was Rin." The voice tells Zinx who is horrified suddenly.

"Grandpa!" Zinx screams "my dad was the son of Rin!"

"You are the one who must wield the blade of the heavens and destroy the Book of Hellfire…like your great grandfather did 500 years ago." The voice tells Zinx.

"But that was 1,000 years ago! How could my grandpa be living when I was born?" Zinx asks.

"Rin was given immortality but when he married an mortal 500 years later, he became old and died." The voice explained.

"He died when I was 2." Zinx says "well, if I have to find the Destiny Blade, so be it!"

Zinx then wakes up in the water and with small air in his lungs, he pushes with all his might to the hole in the dome. Zinx pushes and pushes and closes his eyes, with the lack of oxygen and the matter of weakness, Zinx opens his eyes and sees he is near the surface.

"He's gone, Drel killed him, he's really gone…" Vaki says, in tears.

"Zinx, you fought well." Ralo says.

"Why!? Why take Zinx!?" Kita cries out.

"He gave his life, trying to save the world! DAMN YOU, DREL!" Vaki screams out.

Drel watches the grave of Zinx and smiles.

"All in a day's work. Huh?" Drel says as he sees a shadow in the water. "No…it can't be!"

Zinx bursts from the water and breathes deep. Kita hears the breath and looks at the sea.

"ZINX! YOU'RE ALIVE!" Kita says, running to help Zinx as he staggers out of the water.

"Give him room to breathe." Ralo tells the excited Vaki and Kita.