Fan Fiction ❯ Dixen 01 ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1

Dixen 01's Birth

"Go Nico!"

Hi. Name's Nico Hisle (Ne-ko Hiss-lea). I'm what some people refer to me as a dreamer. I just think about stuff that won't happen is what they say. I have a sister, Heli, and a mother and father. Of course in this war my parents are usually working and it's just sis and I just studying for pilot school, well technically I'm studying to become a pilot and she to become a radio operator. But what is weird is that I a top student two grades higher that I'm supposed to be. They are even thinking of putting me up another level. Problem with doing that is that I need an armored suit. Well I have designed one and stuff it's just no one says it will work other than Doc, who builds these things with the best stuff around. Well I'm about to turn fifteen and I'm going to actually use an AS. Just it will be low level. So here goes.

"Begin test in 5...4...3...."

"Here goes nothing." I thought

". 2...1...activate."

I boost forward using the neuron feed back to keep me in the position I want and let loose with a level 2 machine gun on the four targets in front of me. Sweep around and land behind a wall to get my bearings and shoot the two flying targets scanning overhead. My radar tells me that missiles are incoming but they miss as I jet skyward and launch interceptors. Land with my shield facing my opponents and bring my gun around the side sending a flurry of shots destroying the last of the AI machines.

"Test over. Good job bro! Nailed them all and not even a scratch!"

"Thanks sis. But you're kind of biased seeing as I am your brother." I said over the intercom.

"But, she is right that was a good show there ensign. Let's see what the computer says. Shall we?" The General says.

"Yes Sir!" I say but think, "Hope I don't disgrace my self by tripping on the way out."

While the computer judges my fight data Mr. Imoshi-osho-deachis or, more commonly called, Doc checks out the AS and tell me an update on my AS.

"Well would you look at that? Not even a burn from the booster. I will tell ya you have a talent with these machines. Oh, the programming for all the weapons has been done all that needs to happen now is build the actual thing. Funny huh? We do all that and I haven't even started building." Says Doc.

"Just as long as it gets done well, I will be okay with it." I reply.

"Your test scores are done rookie. Hope you packed so you can go home." Calls Biff

"Ah screw you to Biff." I snap back

Biff is our hotshot pilot who thinks all battle is, is shooting the enemy down and surviving. Just wait till actual battle is all I can say.

"Your score out of 10,000 points is 9,987 points." the computer says, "A new record."

"WHAT!!! A NEW RECORD!! 9,987 POINTS!!! NO WAY!!! MY BEUTIFUL SCORE!!" moans Biff.

"Whoa. That's better than I thought." I said.

"Cram it Biff! Good going brother!" cheers my sister. She always did look out for me.

"Good going ensign I will see you tomorrow about seeing when you're AS will be ready." Says the General.

"Yes Sir!" I reply as I salute.

Now I headed of to the training room to be congratulated by my friends and of course train. (Well duh.) But first I check on my AS. Man, will it be so cool when it's done. Let me just tell you a bit about Dixen. I took the Crusader soldier design and added two energy missile launcher wings to the back that shoot three energy missiles out to the top each and have hyper boosters as well as an extra level 3 booster at the bottom with two level 2 vulcans on the sides pointed forward each wing. With the level 9 expandable shield on the left hand with an inserted short solid titanium sword inserted on a slide to have a close range shield weapon. In the arm a level 10-beam saber with 10 impact grenades and two flash grenades. With a small extendable level 4 auto cannon under the shield. On the right arm a small level 9 heat laser that pops out of the wrist and a level 10 beam sabers in the hand. In the head there are two level 3 Vulcan cannons and 15 high level sensors from heat to x-ray. On the shoulders two twin flip out level 7 gatteling machine guns, and a level 20 fixed beam cannon that hangs out on the back and swings forward to be held by the right hand. In the chest two heavy chain guns level 11 in an armor plating that folds out (Heavy Arms' chest gun GW), and an energy laser level 2 rights below the neck. In the hips a holster on the left side holding a level 12 automatic laser rifle set in the hip. On the right holster a rocket launcher level 12 also that collapses to fit in the hip. On the back the two wings are mounted with the booster pack that carries the large energy buster sword level 20. The legs have three twin sets of level 4 Vulcan cannons at the lower thigh, just below the knee and at the ankle each. With a level 15 booster in each foot on my AS. It also has eight satellites that can gather, reflect and repair with the energy shot at the energy shield that they create. Each has a multi-purpose level 8 laser at the tip of each satellite. These satellites fly around and hover wherever I tell them to go. For equipment I have a Penetration, Energy, and Impact field generators and a gravity generator to help hold up the weight. The strongest generator money can buy and the most advanced system to date that I have been working on and level 45 armor that is almost impenetrable with little nanobots running around repairing it all the time. That is Dixen 01. Some just say it's too expensive and too much strain on the armor. Some just say it's too powerful. Doc just wants to build the best. So he is building it.

"Hey quit day dreaming Nico! For crying' out loud will you get your butt in gear so we can get to class?" yelled Marie

"Huh? Oh, sorry Marie. I guess I forgot. Heh heh." I replied apologetically.

"Forgot? Self-defense class is your favorite since it's the only thing you can do better then me." Said Marie.

"Yeah whatever, so? I still am teaching you. So you might be able to defeat me." I smiled

"What is with you being so nice anyway?" Marie asked and thought "Ever since I got here I have been trying to out do him and yet he still helps me no matter what I do. What is it with him anyway?"

"What? Would you rather me be mean and nasty to you?" I asked in return

"Ah forget about it we still need to get to class. Okay?" she said

"Okay." I replied

Once we actually got there we had just enough time to get are training clothes on and report for class. I think that she finds it weird that I help her out when she tries to beat me at every thing.

"Alright class we will try a refresher for your test tomorrow." Said the

Professor. "Marie and Nico come with me."

"Yes Ma'am!" we shouted.

We got to where she wanted us and told us to train together.

"Good. Keep up your defense Marie. On your left Nico! Trip him Marie! Yes good recovery Nico. Alright that's enough." She coached

"*Huff**huff* good Marie your getting better." I wheezed

"Same...*swallow* to.... you" she replied breathlessly.

"Alright you two have graduated." The professor said.

"Marie how hard did I hit my head cause I thought she just said we graduated?" I said softly not believing what was happening.

"I just think we are both crazy because I heard the same thing." She answered.

"No it is true you are both top of your class and have the best skills for some one as young as you two. So you no longer have this class. Because you know all we can teach you." She told us.

I stood there slack jawed and speechless. Of course every one else had been watching us and were just as surprised as us.

"I uh... don't know what to say... I uh..ur.." I babbled trying to think of something.

"Well I do. Said Marie "let's beat it Nico." she then dragged me by the back of my shirt till my brain started back up. Then I followed behind her.

"So what do you want to do now? We still have an hour till we are supposed to have lunch." I said to her. One thing I should say is that Marie is one of the best students here and of the most beautiful based on the fact guys ask her out all the time. But she always is studying alone or with my friends and I. Or she is with just me alone. I don't do well with the female gender but she just hangs out around me all the time and some guys have said I am a lucky guy. But she says I am the only one who doesn't ask her out on a daily basis. Heck I haven't asked her out at all.

"Well if I remember right we don't have any more classes after lunch. So want to hang out at the park?" She asked casually. My school has a large park in the middle of the school that many people study at or just sit and watch the clouds. I do both and at the same time sometimes.

"Sure. Why not?" I replied. I didn't have a better idea anyway. So we picked a spot in the grassy part and relaxed. Well, she relaxed, I pulled out my Schedule and crossed of self-defense level five class SS off my schedule. Then started studying for my test the next class in AS piloting level 7 class SS.

"Hey Nico?" she called

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Why is it all the guys except you and a few others haven't asked me out?" she asked in a hurt manner.

"Well all I can speak for is I and not any body else. Just to let you know. Okay?" I said in return.

"Well then answer my question in your opinion." she replied.

"Um.. Well my reason is that just I never thought you had an interest in that. I thought that because I have never seen you go out with any one here. That and your a very good friend of mine and I don't want to screw that up." I said cautiously so as not to make her made which does happen a lot.

"I just wanted to know." she answered distractedly.

I smiled and said, "Okay with me to ask questions." I didn't want to press her why she asked that but just thought about the way she said as if she was sad.

"Why? Do you want to go some where or some thing?" I asked "Or would just like me to drop it?"

"Well..." she started and rolled over to face me in a cat like pose. Normally when she does that she wants to test how wear of my surroundings I am and tries to tackle me. But she didn't tackle me. ". I don't know, just thought that maybe was... aw forget it it's a girl thing." she finished and smiled

"Hey you know me I will listen. I may not pick up on what your saying but I will listen." I pointed out.

"No don't worry about it." she said and rolled back on to her back. I didn't press it but I knew some thing was up.

"Well it's about lunch time so... want to head over to the cafe?" I asked

She replied, "How about we get the food and head back here with everyone else and eat. Does that sound good?" she asked.

"...Sure I guess that would sound good." I said a bit hesitant. Don't ask me why but some thing didn't sit right with my instincts. We left to find every one. First we found my sister just coming out of her class of commanding strategies level five class S. She was a natural at strategies. Then we found my partner Jean (a guy) and his girl friend Melie coming out of Piloting level 4 class S they were excellent at piloting everything and anything that could move mechanically (I'm in level 7 class SS). Jean is and has been my best friend. He helped me out the first day by beating Biff in one punch to the gut. Biff is only scared of Jean and that's it. Or me since Jean is my friend but only when he is near. Next we got Jet. Good pilot and a very fast and good mechanic. Give him an hour and he will find what's wrong with it and how to fix it. He might be able to fix it to. Know he can do that to my TV. Found Evie at the table we usually sit at. Great planner and tactic person as well as a great fighter in hand to hand as well as weapons. That is our group of friends and team Omega D.

"We decided to have a picnic in the park for a lunch. Haven't we Nico?" she announced.

"You two what?" said Evie.

"Wow they spoke with out outdoing each other." teased Melie

"Just to let you know she tells me not to hold back when she challenges me so there." I pointed out. "Actually she more decided and I kind of just agreed."

"Nico are you okay? Because you seem to be depressed." Said Jean to me. Don't ask me how but he always does that. And he's usually right.

"How did you? Never mind, I'm just bummed that I can't take another self-defense class." I replied.

"Another one? You already went to twelve of those!" scoffed Jean.

"Hey what's wrong with that? I took the same amount and I still trying to teach so I can get better." Said Evie matter of fact. We all knew and she would not let us forget.

"Whoa, before we get at each other's throat let's get some food to go. Okay with you guys and girls?" I said calmly.

"Sure alright." they all said. We each got the type of food we wanted and left for our spot. As I sat down each of the girls sat with in grabbing distance of me it was unusual. Which scared me. A lot. Something was up and I knew it. I looked towards Jean and he looked just as confused as I did. I looked at Jet who was watching but still had no idea as to what was going on. I thought about today and couldn't think of a reason. My birthday wasn't for two months. Dixen was nowhere close to complete. Nothing seemed too important. I got up to get a refill when Melie said she would get one. Blew me away. She hardly did it for Jean let alone me. I am her best friend too. I sat down bewildered and from the look on Jean's face he was stunned. I was officially freaked out.

I asked as calmly as I could when Melie got back, "What is with you girls today? Did all of you try some new allergy medicine? Because I can't think of a reason for the special treatment."

"What special treatment?" They all asked.

"The drink, and why are all of you sitting so close?" I asked.

"No reason." they said at once and broke out giggling finished my food got up and put my tray away in two minutes flat and sat behind Jean and Jet when I got back. The girls got up and moved behind me.

"Well I uh need to help... uh...Doc with some things on Dixen. See you all later." I said and got up. Turned and stopped. I didn't want to but Marie was standing right there in front of me.

"No you don't. Doc is over there eating with the other faculty. Actually all your teachers are." she said as she pointed to the faculty table in the distance. She then sat me back down and told me to sit still.

"Hey Jean can I ask you some thing?" I asked.

"Shoot"

"Well I was wondering if today was special in some way? That may have slipped my mind."

"I don't know what would be special about today. It's just Friday the 6th of February." He replied

"That is what I thought but I think we missed some thing. Jet do you know?" I asked him.

"Hmm. Let me think. You had a hair cut at the same time last month and had a new idea for Dixen last month too but that's it." He answered. Now things were weird. I had a thought.

"Did all you girls hit your head hard or something because you're never this nice to me?" I asked

"Well thought if you acted nice to us we should act nice to you." Said Evie.

"It took four years for that to sink in?" I said.

"No, We thought you were trying to score a date with us." said Melie

"Huh?" I questioned

"Your clueless, you know that?" said Marie

"Whatever." I said. I leaned back, and lay down on the grass to watch the clouds go by. Just then a call went on the intercom saying "Now will all the females please pick a person of the opposite gender and lead him to the park. Wait for the show to begin!" said a cherry voice.

"Huh?" Jet, Jean and I said. Right then it clicked. The girls, picnic, and the park. Damn. All I can say because my sister, Evie and Marie grabbed me. Melie grabbed Jean and a friend of Jets came at full speed and tackled Jet from his side. I just remembered she had been sitting close by.

"Ahh get off of me sis! What is it with you girls today?" I yelled struggling to breath.

"Hey you didn't get tackled!" Said Jet as his friend clung to his back. I think her name was Cathine. Cat for short.

"Well I don't mind guys. " commented Jean.

"Well that's because she does that a lot to you!" I yelled at him as Jet gave him the birdie. My sister had a hold of my right arm and Evie had my left while Marie had my back. I started to wonder what the 'show' was when I realized something. Everywhere a girl was holding some part of a guy. An arm, a leg, some were in a headlock being dragged to the park.

"Hey not so tight! I need those arms. I am not going anywhere anyway. Why would I? You would find me or catch me before I got too far." I said. They eased up a little.

"Here is the show watch the sky." said the voice over the PA. I looked up to see aircraft shooting around with colored smoke behind them. Making loops and other tricks. All over the place. It was a cool thing. Then the fire works started. It was like fire in the sky. I looked again. It WAS fire in the sky.

"Guys there is a fire over there!" I shouted. I ripped out my arms and my back from the girls and took off running towards the fire.

"Huh!?! Oh geez! Some one go get the fire hoses!" Yelled Jean as he took off after me. Jet was right behind him. Evie, Marie and Melie started getting the hoses and the other students/cadets aware of the situation. The fire was from a stray firework hitting one of the trick planes in the show. Jet told me then that those planes had chemicals on them that made the colors and they are extremely flammable when compressed.

"Jet grabs the fire extinguishers and the foam lines! Jean Get everybody over here and warn them about the gas!" I shouted. I grabbed one of the near by extinguishers and aimed for the smoke container.

"Everyone aim for the smoke containers! Keep them cool while the hoses get the fire out!" I shouted. Every one seemed to move right with what I was saying. In about thirty minutes the fire was out but most of the dock and plane was destroyed. About everyone was tired and charred with smoke. The next morning after I had collapsed in bed was definitely a popular one. Most classes had been postponed so people could help fix the damages. So here I was fixing the plane I had helped put out when I heard Jet call my name.

"Hey Nico! Some one here to see you!" Called Jet.

"Be right there!" I replied and put my tools away and jumped down and put my toolbox on the ground.

"Yes?" I asked.

"So your Nico Hisle? Well your description fits. But I fail to see how you are a star pilot in this school." Said this Woman.

"Not to be rude but if you came to insult me, you might want to get in line." I replied tartly.

"Hmm. Sharp too. Well let's see what you got kid. Let's see your AS." She said with no emotion.

"If you know me so well then you should know about my AS. But I'll show you any way just hold on a sec." I said. I then walked over to where my sis was and told I be back in a while to check my AS and to ask her to check to see who she was.

"Can you do that?" I asked.

"Sure little bro!" She replied cheerily.

"Great! Be back." I said gratefully. As w walked down the hall I studied whom I was with. She looked about 18 or 19, with brownish red hair with a strong build and commanding tone of voice. She was wearing sunglasses and an over coat so I couldn't tell any thing else. I didn't ask or say anything.

"You must have questions. So ask one." She said.

"Why do you think I have a question?" I asked.

"Well aren't you wondering why I'm here? Or who I am?" She asked surprised.

"Well if this had a profound affect on my life and this was the first time someone wanted to do this, then yes I would be curious. But you're the Fifth person who wanted to do the same thing. Each one wanted me to give them my design." I replied. That was the truth. So many had herd about my absurd design that some wanted to buy it from me. My though was if it was absurd then why would some one pay a ludicrous amount of money to own it? So I have kept my design.

"Well then I have a question for you. What is the importance of your AS?" She asked.

"Importance? Most people just come to see how impossible the idea is. That much stuff would make it to slow. That's what most think anyway." I said freely.

"What if I tried to steal it from you?" she asked.

"All I could say is why and good luck." I responded jokingly.

"Why do you say that?" She asked.

"Well for one your in a base. Two it isn't completed and three no one but me has piloted it with out it blowing up. At least in the simulator any way." I counted of the reasons as I said them.

"Oh." she said. We walked into the repair bay where my AS was being worked on. The head and chest were complete as were the wings but the right arm was half done and every thing else wasn't even there. No ammo was in it. Neither was the programming. All it was was a shell.

"That's it right there." I pointed to the armor.

"Hmm." She said as in thought. "Would you mind taking my coat?"

"Not at all." I replied kindly. She handed me it and walked up to Dixen. I put the coat on the table by the entrance and jogged to the elevator to catch up with her. But I missed the elevator, so I improvised. I'm in good physical condition so I jumped of the floor grabbed a support beam for a lift and swung to the bottom rung of the railing and flipped over the top to land near the door of the elevator in about three seconds. Wasn't even out of breath. She stepped off and I offered her a drink of water. She took it and thanked me.

"Thanks." she said.

"No prob." I replied calmly. She looked bewildered for a second before she regained her composure.

"Hey Doc! You over there?" I called out.

"Be there just a sec! I just need to put this last plate in." He called back. Poked his head out of the cockpit and looked for me. Saw me and jumped on to the catwalk. Got finished writing some thing on a sheet of paper and handed it to an aid. Then started walking towards us.

"Hey Nico how it hanging?" He asked then saw the women. "Hey nice to meet you. Names Ichtus Imoshi-osho-deachis or just Doc for short." He stuck out his hand and said to me, "I see your luck with the ladies is still holding out huh?"

"What luck?" I asked, "Only luck I got was having a sister to help get their attention away from me, and hopefully out of trouble." The women smiled at that remark and shook Doc's hand.

"I'm Kathy Mariac. Nice to meet you." She said. My brain and hear stopped. She was one of the youngest and best of the Falcon Flyers, The best airship drop team and soldiers in this war. I think I almost passed out if my sis hadn't hit me on the head saying I forgot to clean my work area before I left.

"Ooooooouuuuuch. That hurt!" I cried out rubbing my head.

"Well then you should have cleaned your work station!" She scolded me.

"Do they always act like this?" Kathy asked Doc.

"No, usually she protects him from his other friends." He said shaking his head in an embarrassed manner. After a while Kathy said she needed a room to stay at so she I could talk about my future as a pilot and AS designer.

"Okay but first I need to talk to Doc about some new planes." I said, "Sis could you ask for a spare room from our Commander for Miss Mariac to stay in?" I asked her.

"Sure, right this way Miss Mariac." She said pointing down the hall. When they left I sad to Doc

"Alright here are the planes for Jean's and Jet's ASs. Get them done soon and as a surprise for their graduation from piloting class this year. Please?" I pleaded.

"Wow! This is high tech stuff! Sure, let me guess where the money is coming from? Out of your trust fund?" he said.

"Yep." I replied as I left to finish my work. That night I headed for the Bathhouse for my nightly bath to get rid of the grease I had accumulated. As I sat down I started to think about what had happened during the day. Busy was the word for the week. Interesting was the word for today. I still couldn't figure out how I had the feeling something bad was going to happen yesterday. When the plane caught fire. I had been so busy thinking I hadn't herd the door open and close until I felt the water move. That woke me up. I have learned that you never relax your senses no matter what. I then herd a sigh of a female. I knew it was a co-ed bath and bathing suits and towels were required but most girls used the second bath and boys the first bath. Someone had written it to on flyers around the school. I looked up to see Kathy Mariac lying in the shallow end. I thought nothing of it and relaxed back down. I didn't notice until it was too late that the water had moved from something other than me. Until I saw her standing in front of me. I back flipped out of the water (Not an easy thing) and landed on the drying area and apologized for not telling her I was in here.

"Um sorry for not telling you I was in here." I said.

"I'm used to bathing with men anyway so don't worry about It." she said as she turned her back and slid down to her neck.

I said "I was about to leave any way so the bath is yours."

"Now lying is bad but it being obvious is even worse. Your hair isn't even wet yet so get back in. Or is it that your embarrassed?" she said. So finding nothing to argue with I shrugged my shoulders and got back in the water on the far side.

"I need to ask you something. It's that name of your team, what does it mean?" She asked me. Well I thought about it and remembered why we came up with it.

"Well it stands for the names of our Armored Suits. O equals Orion, which is Jean's AS. M equals Meteor for Evie's suit. E equals Enrigez for Maria's. G equals Gissa for Jet's. A equals Arrow for Melie's. Then D equals Dixen for mine. My sister is part of the team but she just wants to be in the back. Her AS is Star Blazer." I explained.

"Will there be more on your team?" she asked.

"Well I don't know. Only time can tell." I answered truthfully.

"Wise answer. If you haven't noticed I have been watching you. I have asked students and faculty as well as your team about who they think you are. And I have yet to find something that would be bad about your skills. Because it isn't every day that a person like you comes around. For instance that fire you put out. You were the first to see it and knew to keep the containers cool till the fire was out. The damage was bad but it could have been much worse and no one had any serious harm. In fact you had the worst damage." She stated.

"Well jet told me about the smoke being flammable under compressed conditions and that should be the first concern. What was lucky was that the students paid attention to me." I embarrassedly replied. She looked as in thought. She was quiet after that. The last thing she told me was that she was going to be here for another month till Dixen was complete. I left after that. On my way back to my room. I noticed that Biff was following me.

I turned and said, "Biff what do you want?"

"I came to beat you down. So I can still be the strongest warrior in this school!" He yelled at me furiously. He charged at me fist swigging. I calmly side stepped and tripped him on to the floor and said

"Listen Biff. Except this. Over time there are some who are powerful. But sooner or later there are and always will be someone stronger who comes along. Depending upon how you react depends on who you are. You can embrace the truth that someone is better or live in turmoil with the knowledge that you can't defeat that person. Someday someone will be better than I am. But until that day I will continue to be better and better than you are or anyone else. So except it. If you can't you have become weaker then everyone else." Then I walked away. I think he might have cried then. But I think it was for his own good. I don't know if anyone heard me. But I didn't care. I just needed sleep. The next day was Saturday so I didn't have classes. Well the ones that were still left anyway. I met up with my friends and they all said the same thing.

"Lets race on the track!" the said. Well majority wins. Racing on the track means for us to use or E Bikes. Or Extreme Bikes. These hyper fast bikes have cool weapons and stuff but most just use them for racing and a test of skill. You can't die in these things unless someone is purposely trying to kill you. Unless they are damned persistent. Well to tell you the truth my bike has been fully stocked and stuff so I usually win. But it matters who has the most fun. The track is a two mile semi-oval with a small loop and twist in the middle. So we spent some time doing that. The day was boring except for the fact that now I did notice Miss Mariac everywhere but when I pointed her out to everyone else they didn't see her. So I stopped trying. I went for the normal Saturday workout with Jean and Jet. Two hours of hitting a punching bag, running a mile, running the obstacle course and simulator training. Takes the rest of the afternoon and it's only a training exercise. During most of that Cathy had been near by. When we went in to the simulator I used Dixen and instead of the normal training we got this airdrop training. No problem, because I have learned about it and taught Jet and Jean how to do it. We landed and proceeded with ripping out the enemy base starting with the missals launchers and the Mech bases as well as the AS bases. About an hour later we finished with flying colors. When Jet and Jean got out of the level the ship took off before I got on it to complete the level. Well I spun around to look for enemies and not get hit from behind. I put the sensors on passive so I could not be detected easily. Had my satellites protect my back and extended my shield so as to protect my front and looked around. Then I saw the meanest biggest AS I have ever saw. Seven lasers of at least level 25 launched at me Satellites in front and deflected the blast back at twice the power with the reflect and energize combo. He had an energy shield so it didn't affect him. I jumped at the next shot and fired my shell weapons as well as my energy missiles to diffuse the shield. Then launched a counter attack with my Laser riffle to do some major damage to his cannons so he could not use them any more. Landed. Brought my energy cannon to my right arm and my energy rifle to my left hand. Opened all vulcans and machine guns with the chest laser and fired everything. Brought my satellites to my front and put the sensors to active and extended my sensor sweep a few hundred feet. Brought out my rocket launcher, closed all hatches and put away my laser rifle. I let the coolant cool down all the systems to normal levels. Did this before the attack had died down so as to not leave me open to an attack. Ran behind a wall to further protect me then waited. This is where most crack, leaving themselves open to attack. Waiting to see if the enemy is dead or if the attack missed. I didn't doubt anything. I believed in my descriptions and instincts. My sensors picked up movement. "So he is alive." I thought. My sensors told my major damage to his right and left leg where my leg vulcans and missiles hit and he had lost his lower left arm. His cannons were fried and his heat was rising fast. I think the generator was leaking or an attack was coming. I chose to go with the later and ran to the end of the wall and boosted to the other wall and didn't stop like most would so when the attack came I had flown clear and I fired four rounds of my rockets at the back and head. Then put the launcher away. Spun around when I landed and threw one of the flash grenades to blind the enemy, pulled a beam saber out and shot in to the air. I just saw a movement and boosted back just in time to see a laser fly past and just missed my right side. Fell to the ground in a crouch position and boosted at the enemy with beam saber at my side. Sliced right through the middle to miss the generator and land on the other side with minimal damage. The simulator ended. The capsule top lifted up and I herd applause. I looked around to see everyone looking at the screen above my head and at me. I look towards the other capsule to see Biff looking pretty worn out stumble out of it. Then Cathy climbed out of the capsule on the other side of me.

She said, "Nice fight. Maybe you should join my team. You sure would be good. Because you beat our training AS with a human piloting it." I was surprised to say the least. When I got down she whispered in my ear

"Do you have a girlfriend? Because I would like to know if I have competition." She smiled and then backed off. I was visibly confused. I didn't know if that actually happened. Until I saw the look on her face. The look of a tigress on the hunt. Well I took congrats in a calm manner and was relieved. Hey the day had been going good. Well supper came along and I found myself in my room eating when a knock sounded at the door. I got up and opened the door to see Evie, Marie, Heli, Melie and Cathy standing there.

"Uh...Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you doing anything?" Asked Heli.

"Why? Should I be?" I asked.

"Well are you?" asked Evie.

"No, I'm not doing anything." I answered.

"Then get dressed." said Cathy.

"Well I was planning on resting to night." I said.

"Why?" Kathy asked.

"I'm tired. I have classes tomorrow." I said.

"Too bad. You're coming with us to the town." My sis Heli said.

"Why?" I asked. My answer was being dragged by my sister to my closet to get clothes and Evie made sure I didn't leave. I got forced to wear new clothes. A t-shirt and jeans that were a little on the baggy side and my blue vest jacket. Then was thrown out the door. Dragged off to the hangar to grab my keys and wallet. Then I headed to the garage to meet Jean and Jet in the car but said.

"Hey I'll take my bike and follow you ok?" I said.

"Sure. We will meet you there." Said Jean. I hopped in my bike and took off. I was just behind them with an explosion occurred where the ammo was stored for training exercise. I turned on the mike in my helmet and said I was going to check it out.

"Right behind you partner." Was Jean's reply.

"Yeah we're with you buddy." Was Jet's reply.

"Thanks. But just get some help." I said and took off. Now don't ask me why but I knew what I needed to do. I grabbed the two pistols I kept in the bike. Then put on the holsters I had, one under each arm. The bulletproof vest I had zipped up over my shirt. I took off to find the problem as an explosion happened right next to me. I kept running towards the main fire. I got there to see a few people with bombs setting up some more.

"Hey stop!" I shouted.

"Shoot him!" A voice yelled. Gunshots were being fired at my general direction and me. I leapt over some fallen beams and knocked out the two setting bombs from behind and set up a defensive stance. Pulled out my pistols and fired a couple of shots at some of the guys shooting at me. Then a large amount of shots went off. None were shot in my direction. I peaked over the edge to see Jean and a couple of guards and a lot of semi-automatics. But the AS standing over them made them stop cold.

"You are under arrest." I yelled, "Throw down your weapons and peacefully walk to our base."

"You will never take me alive you sniveling rat of a pilot." Snarled a voice at me. I refused to look back and leapt over the crate I was hiding behind and not a moment too soon as it shattered under a barrage of shots. I rolled to the right and opened up with my pistols and connected with the gun he was shooting. It exploded taking his arm and throwing him against the wall knocking him out. Then things got dark and I blacked out. I don't know how long I was out. I awoke in the infirmary of the base. A bandage was around my shoulder. Jean was standing against the wall in silent concentration. My sister was asleep in the chair next to me.

"Yawn. That was a good nap." I said calmly. I think Jean shot a foot in the air. My sister's eyes shot open. Then I noticed Cathy holding my hand on my other side asleep with her head next to me. I squeezed my hand and she stirred.

"Um…Why is she holding my hand?" I asked to no one in particular.

"She has been like that for about an hour. You know that was as crazy as something I would do." Said Jean.

"It worked. How long was I out and how did I get here?" I asked.

"A day roughly. You got here when Cathy brought you here in the AS she had at the fight. That guy had gotten you in the back near the beginning and it took a while for the blood lose to catch up." He explained.

"So was there a cry of `NOOOOOOO' or a scream when I hit the ground?" I asked

"Ask her." Was Jean's response.

"Glad to see your up. I will tell the others." My sister said. I then shook Cathy awake.

"Hmmm don't hurt him… I won't let you." She mumbled.

"Jean a little help here?" I pleaded.

"Sorry she told me not to stop her unless it was life threatening." He said

"Some help you are." I said sarcastically.

"But thanks for the back up partner." I said

"No prob." He said then left. I finally got Kathy up about ten minutes after that.

"Good morning sleepy head." I said cheerfully.

"Huh? Oh your alright!" she said then hugged me. Then realizing what she was doing she stepped back embarrassed.

"Sorry, I… I don't know what came over me." She stammered.

"That is okay. No problem with me." I said trying to calm her down. Then the door burst open with every one else running to check on me. They all asked if I was okay and other stuff.

"Here is my answer." I said. "But before I answer I need to know where my clothes are."

"Right here." My sister said holding them up. I asked her to throw them towards the far wall. When she did I jumped out of the bed grabbed my pants and put them on followed by my shirt and shoes. Then landed and bowed saying "Thank you, thank you and thank you."

"You had us worried. Stop being so immature." Said Marie.

"Well I am sorry for being me. Well if I'm not mistaken we have classes right?" I said smile ling. Just then he General came in.

"Well ensign looks like your up. Now how about that meeting for getting your AS done in time for graduation." He said.

"Well sir I would like all of the armored suits for my team done on time if that is okay?" I responded.

"Seems like you earned it so why not?" he said with a smile. "Oh and all of you have the rest of the day off. Just for good measure."

"Cool. Thank you General." I said then saluted. He saluted back and left.

"Well, I am hungry, thirsty and in need of a long soak in the tub." I counted off things I needed to do, "I also should train and get back my bike, fix that and then get some sleep." I finished. I started to walk out the door when Jet asked, "What other suits?"

"Your suits." I said casually.

"What suits?" Evie asked.

"Your graduation presents." I said leaving.

"Huh?" They said. I walked to my dorm room and grabbed a towel. Changed into my bathing suit and grabbed a soda and a sandwich. Then I headed to the bath. Opened the door and sat down in the back corner away from the door and proceeded to eat my food and scrub myself down. An hour later I headed back to my room to change in to my training clothes. I grabbed my water bottle and went to the training room. I did my normal exercises and did some target practice then left to get some lunch. Every one was sitting and when I came in everyone started to applaud. Well I kind of stood there and took it all in. When they were done I bowed and got some lunch then sat with my friends.

"So what's up?" I asked. I got in return a hug from each girl except Kathy and a handshake from Jean and Jet.

"What were those for?" I asked.

"Those are our thanks for the Armored suits." Jet said.

"Oh, I forgot to ask Kathy some thing. Hey Kathy I got some new parts for your suit. I hope you like them." I said leaning back so she could see me.

"You did? Why?" she asked.

"Well, it's thanks for saving me." I replied.

"When?" she asked

"Yesterday. I might not have made it if you had not run me back to the base." I said.

"That? Don't worry about it. But thanks." She said. I smiled back. After I finished I headed to the dock where Dixen was. I came in and Dixen looked complete. I asked an aid and he said that about ten engineers with heavy machinery came in and worked on it. It was 98 percent finished.

"Cool. Oh could put on the music?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said. He left to turn on the stereo. I grabbed the elevator to start working on Dixen. The last part was the personal settings. Took me about thirty minutes and then Dixen was complete.

"Hey I'm going to do a test. Can everyone get clear?" I yelled. I activated the computer and started up Dixen. It hummed and lights went off then data of different suits started appearing on screen then the cameras turned on. I saw the outward view of this suit and it was detailed. I got information on everyone in screen view. I took one step forward and then it displayed information about where I am.

"Cooool." I said gleefully. I put he helmet on that makes me able to move the head. I looked around. I saw everyone and then data about who they were as well as what they were. I headed to the door and stepped out to the training field. I checked weapons and every thing is loaded. I pulled out the laser rifle and went to the targeting area. I locked on to the targets before I even saw them and I shot all of the targets on the bulls eye in a few seconds.

"Nice! Hmmm. Let's try the obstacle course Dixen." I suggested. To tell the truth I thought it heard me, because it went to the testing obstacle course.

"Too bad I can't hear my music." I thought. Then my music started playing on the speakers.

"Oh yeah this rocks!" I yelled. "Let's see what this thing can do!" I said as I boosted down the track shooting each target one by one. I landed at the next site and launched missiles at the air-born targets then jumped and threw three grenades at the artillery. I didn't even know that those were there and I was prepared for them. It was like Dixen had a mind of its own. I didn't care though. Because it seemed like it wanted to help me win. So I went with it. Came to the next to the next are and opened up with my machine guns and vulcans except the ones on the wings. Destroyed the target buildings and the target suits in a matter of seconds. The last test was the hardest one. It is the titanium-shielding test. This training course is the hardest in the world. The final test is the only one of its kind. Because not many machines can shoot through sixteen layers of titanium with the ammo they have left. I landed knelt on one knee and pulled out the Beam cannon. I powered it up and fired it full blast. I held down the trigger until the metal was red-hot. The blast went through like a saw through hot butter. The metal lasted thirty seconds against the blast then caved in. I stood up to see a large hole in the metal. As well as the wall behind it.

"Hey Doc!" I called over the communicator. "I think you need a new training course. Because this on easy too easy for Dixen and I."

"Well obviously. It took you five minutes to complete." He said flabbergasted.

"Go Nico! Yeah!" Screamed my sister. I knew it was she because she is the only one that would do that.

"When's mine going to be done?" someone asked.

"Ask me when I get back." I said. As I walked back, well Dixen walked I controlled him to though, I think, I thought about the hard work put into this. I scanned the system for details and weapon specs. I got all this data before I even typed. Everything I wanted to know it was in front of me.

"Get the satellites out please." I asked and there they were. Floating in front of me.

"So your voice activated?" I asked. A yes appeared on the screen in front of me.

"You could have told me." I said. It replied that there was no speaker out put for that.

"Well I will fix that but until then. Who are you exactly?" I asked. It responded again with I am Dixen's computer. That you made.

"I don't remember making a AI for Dixen. But if you help me with what I need to do your fine as far as I am concerned." I said. Thank you is all it said, or wrote really. I arrived at the dock to see my team-asking question after question.

"Whoa, whoa hold up. One at a time please." I said.

"Do ours do stuff like that?" asked Jean.

"Well yours has a heat beam as big as mine in the chest that would vaporize that wall." I said showing with my hands.

"When will we see them?" asked Heli.

"Graduation and stop asking if you can have them earlier." I said. I left with them to the track to race our bikes. They stopped asking about the AS and just left it alone.

Well two weeks past and graduation was tomorrow.

I had gotten a lot better at piloting Dixen. Even when they told me to stop because they couldn't replace all the things I destroyed. So I used paint ball bullets instead. Well I was jetting around in the sky in Dixen getting used to the air combat modes when I got a call.

"Nico come down here! We're under attack and you're the only one in an AS right now." Said my sister Heli.

"Rodger." I said. As I shot towards earth I scanned the enemies that were down there. I got back info saying that there were 52 with many heavy armored ones. I landed sanding a shock wave knocking over about ten and launched about twenty missals at the ones on the ground. Opened all weapons and fired at the ones in front of me.

"Dixen activate mission code 1. Now!" I yelled. Mission code one is that all the AS that I built activate and fly out to me. But the pilots have to be in them for that to work. So I also made it send a message to the communicators that my teammates had. Each one would get a message saying for them to head to their respective machines. I went firing at the machines around me with my laser rifle. Boosting around to make it harder to hit me. I ran out of ammo in about five minutes so I switch to my rocket launcher and blasted an AS right in front of me. It flew back and knocked down a suit behind it.

"Wow! A lot more power than I thought." I said. My shield absorbed all the blasts shot at me and sent them back at the enemy. Then many AS started blowing up all around me. I looked up to see Jet flying by in his transformable suit. I built it so he could transform in to a Jet, A humanoid suit and it hunched over for landings and sneak attacks. It was bombing all the suits. Then my sister's suit started launching incendiary missals at the enemy. Then my partner Jean landed next to me.

"These are sweet!" He said.

"We got them early." Pointed out Jet.

"Give me a break guys. Besides we are busy at the moment. Where is every one else?" I said and asked.

"Busy with the ones at the town." Was my sister's reply, as she blew up five suits.

"Well watch out for the heavy armored suits." I said. I put away my rocket launcher, threw five grenades around me, shot into the air pulled out my beam sabers and flew towards the enemy. Sliced left, right, left, right, left then up to cleave through six suits. I opened up with machine guns at the HAAS in front of me. Fried its systems and cut it down the middle. My sensors screamed a warning as a high out put beam rifle shot the ground I had just been standing on.

"Thanks Dixen." I said thankfully.

"Left." Was its answer. I boosted left and shot my missals at the suit that shot the blast. I cut it in two pieces and leapt off of it to land on the suit behind it, do a spin kick to hit the suit I landed on as it crashed to the ground and blew up. Jean, Jet and Heli were all doing well. Dodging, shooting and not destroying too much of the surrounding area. I finished of the suits around me and shot of to the town nearby. I was sure that the enemy's commander was there. I pulled out my laser rifle because it had recharged. I knew that the rocket launcher would b too powerful. The beam sabers wouldn't do good enough till I got close. I landed in the park and shot a suit that was about to destroy a building. I ran around to find where every on was as Jet, Jean and Heli landed around town helping out everyone.

"Okay. They're on the run get them out of town before you start destroying left and right. But keep up the punishment." I said over the com. Jean started throwing them out of town. Literarily throwing them out of town. His AS has serious hand strength in its arms. I shot missals at them as they were flying.

"Pull!" I said to Jean.

"Here it comes." He shouted. Up it went and my missals to blow it up. We were obviously in control of this fight. These were scout AS, so it was no large difficulty. Once it was over we stayed to help rebuild parts that were the worst off. I held the building steady with Dixen and the town's people put up supports till they could fix it. The students at the base were fixing damage there. The night after the attack the town was almost back together. I was at the tent used to help the wounded. Luckily there wasn't many. No deaths, which was the best news I ever heard. I was resting when Kathy came in followed by the General. He looked proud and told Kathy to wait outside.

"I hope you don't mind General but, I don't have the strength to get up and salute now." I said weekly.

"I wouldn't have it if you did. You have out done your self. But hopefully you will be able to accept your diploma tomorrow." He said.

"Just give me some sleep and I will be set." I said yawning.

"Well good night and good job today." said the General

"Good night sir." I said

"Good night Nico." He said and left. A few minutes went by and I fell asleep. I awoke the next day to find my breakfast right next to me. My uniform for graduation was resting on the wooden chest in the back of the room. I got up, ate my food, took a shower and got dressed. I left the tent to find Jet polishing his suit Gissa. Think Rafaga from Techromancer. I asked him where everyone was.

"Well they should be around somewhere near here." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah thanks for the help. We're graduating soon and you tell me everyone is somewhere. Groan." I said. I left to find every one. Two things about today were special to me. On my parents were coming and I will be a legal pilot of Dixen. These two things are important to me. I hardly ever see my parents because they are skilled pilots working at the main base of the Coradels of Earth. The good guys as far as I'm concerned. I took off running towards the highest point. I leapt from building to building to get to the top of the building. We had to learn how to do this for missions. What can I say? I'm too good. I looked around. I knew that Jean and Melie would want some time alone so I looked for places Evie would be at. I spotted the Arcade from the building. I jumped off to the next building in that direction. Before I entered I knew she was in there. I saw the line of video gamers trying to beat her. I went to the front to see her kicking but in a virtual reality game. I stood there for a sec and then moved to take the virtual suit next. The guy didn't stop me because he knew who I was. When the kid in front of me walked off I got in. It was a new fighting game that boosted your normal skills to even out the playing field. I got on the arena and waited for her to make a move. She charged and I jumped and landed on her back. Flipped off and rolled to side so she missed her punch.

"Is that the best you got Evie?" I taunted.

"Nico? Hey I was having fun!" She wined. I punched her in the stomach and flipped her up and over me. Slammed her against the wall and punch, punch, kick combo in her chest. Her life fell down and she went unconscious and I won a perfect. Next round she got up and didn't charge she feinted left and threw a punch from the left. But I saw it coming and blocked it. Grabbed her arm lifted her up.

"Well we need to get ready for graduation so I won't let this last." I said to her. I threw her out of the ring. I stepped off after putting my score in the High scores. First place and I didn't break a sweat.

"Hey! I was going to get ready soon!" Evie said to me as I left dragging her behind me.

"Give me a break. I know you to well Evie. You would have stayed here till it was to late." I said to her. I got applause and a cheer from every one in there. Hey Evie was the best they had seen. Then I came and kicked her butt in a few minutes. When we got out I asked if she had seen anyone.

"Well I saw Jet."

"I know where he is. Anyone else?" I asked

"I saw Kathy at the store." She said.

"Good now get back to the tent and I'm going to ask Jet when he saw you. I will give five minutes to get there that should be plenty." I told her while getting her to move back to the tent.

"I'm going, I'm going. Sheesh your up tight today." She said as she waved goodbye.

"I'll see you later Evie and take care!" I yelled as I ran to the store.

"He always did care about me." Evie thought. "Even sometimes he looked like he rather leave me, he always finds some way to make me feel better."

"Guess I better get moving." Evie said. I arrived at the store and began looking for Kathy, although she was a pilot already. She had to give a speech so I needed her to be ready. I spotted her buying some stuff.

"Kathy!" I called out. She looked over then scrambled to stuff the stuff in her bags.

"Hold it!" She said. I stopped and turned around. "Give a sec. Then you may say what you wish." She turned to an attendant. She said something but I didn't hear her.

"Alright what did you want?" She asked.

"You need to get ready for your speech." I said

"Is it time to get ready? Man I always shop late. Well I will see you later Nico!" she said as she left. I waved and hit a button on my watch. I knew my sister would get that, look at her watch and leave to get ready. That left Jean and Melie. No Marie was still out there. I ran to the weapons shop. There she was holding assault laser rifle level 8, expensive machinery.

"Hey Marie! We got to go get ready." I said

"Oh come on. I almost have enough for this." She wined.

"Well how about this I talk to the owner and you go get ready?" I suggested

"Alright sure." She said and waved.

"See you later." I said, "Oh do you know where Jean and Melie are?" I asked.

"Yeah they're by the large tree over there." She said as she walked off. I walked over to the guy at the counter and told him to send the gun that the girl over there was holding to the tent where we were staying. I left to get the lovebirds.

"Yo! Jean! Marie! Lets move!" I yelled.

"We're coming we will be there in a few minutes." Said Marie

"Just be sure to get ready. I wouldn't want to give those AS to some one else." I called out as I left to finish getting ready. I knew that that would get Jean moving and Melie as well. When I got back to the tent the gun had arrived and Marie was polishing it to a serious shine.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She yelled at me. I just smiled and got finished getting dressed. I knocked on Evie's door and asked if she was okay. She said she was done.

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. Also I wanted to tell you I would take you to the arcade later tonight if that was okay with you." I said. I turned to leave but the door opened to her hugging me. Saying thank you over and over again. I left her to finish and get the last of the gifts I had gotten out. I had gotten Kathy a $1,000 gift certificate to the arms depot for AS machinery. I stuck that in her pocket. I got Jean a new upgrade to his bike and I bought a Workshop for Jet. Hey I have a lot of money in my trust fund. I paid for the A.S. as well. I was resting in Jean's jeep when everyone got in and piled gifts on me.

"I could have waited." I said trying to dig my way out.

"This is our way of saying thank you." Said Jet.

"Well your all welcome." I said in return. Jean drove us to the base and to the entrance to the stage. I got out and walked to the place to sign us in. I walked back to the group my sister was gone to help announce everyone. I found out that there was going to be a demonstration of fighting, piloting and other stuff done for the parents. To my surprise I found out that my name was in all the things being demonstrated. I knew that this was going to be a long day.

"Aww man!" I complained. "I'm in everything being demonstrated. How did that happen?" I asked.

"Well you were the best in most classes or one the best." Said Jean

"So then why are none of you on here?" I asked.

"Well we volunteered you." Said Evie

"Sorry man. We agreed to something we didn't know." Said Jet.

"Thanks for the help guys." I said irritated.

"The first Demonstration will be happening in a few minutes. Will all precipitants please head to the arena. Thank you." My sister's voice said over the intercom. I was in the arena getting ready to show my moves to the parents. The professor was standing there saying not to worry and that I knew what to do. Yeah right. I did what I was told. Punch left, right kick, jump flip kick, back side slash, roll, back flip punch, stand, jump forward, roll, round house kick, high jump tornado kick, land, dodge left, feint right left kick with a double back hand, back kick, strong uppercut and finishing move. I stopped and wiped sweat from my fore head. I bowed and left.

"Thank you Nico for that wonderful performance. But your still needed to do an actual fight." Said my professor.

"Your kidding right?" I asked meekly. Then out walked Biff. Ouch time I thought. I walked back out as the professor explained that in order to win you need one of two things. One you need a greater mass or muscle or you need faster acceleration. But these don't mean you will win. It's just you need them to win but it's no guarantee.

"Alright start fighting." She said. I started by jumping behind him and tripping him. As he was falling I kick him up in the air. I rolled forward and stood up. He landed on his feet, charged and hit my side. I fell but caught my self on my arm. He swiped at my arm but I pushed off, flipped and landed on my feet. I punched his stomach over and over. He feel back and leapt into the air as he got up I landed on his head, jumped off and kicked him in his back to topple him over. I landed and he kicked me in the shin while getting up. I fell to one knee and uppercut him in the jaw. He fell unconscious. The professor said that this happened every day and students were used to waking in the infirmary for various causes. I got applause and I bowed again. I left to get a drink and to go to the next place to do a demo. Kathy met me half way as I was walking.

"Hey how are you doing?" I asked.

" I just wanted to say that I saw that last fight. You're really good. I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me to see my team after the graduation? But you can tell me afterwards." She said. She smiled and said, "I will be watching the next demos. So do your best."

"Uh sure, okay." I said and smiled back. I left at a run to make it to the weapons arena.

"The weapons Demonstration will begin in a few minutes at the weapons arena. Please head there now." My sister's voice said over the speakers. I arrived and put on the bulletproof vest. Picked up a pistol and headed out to the arena. The professor began speaking. I was copying everything that she explained. I lined up on the targets and I waited for him to tell me to shoot.

"Alright fire at the targets Nico. If you would." He said. I shot at the targets, rolling and dodging as to show and act as if actual bullets were being fired back.

"Now our students have also been taught to work in teams with each other. Covering each other's back as well as co-operating in different activities to win. Now Nico's teammate is Jean. So will he please come out and prepare to do what is asked." Out came Jean in armor with his gun. He came up to me and held out his fist. I hit it on the top; he hit mine the same way. I hit its side and he did the same at the same time and we shook hands. We ran off in to the maze with the cameras watching our moves. We blazed through shooting and moving as if we were one. We went down a hall shooting he stopped behind a box while I ran past the doors where `enemies' were coming. I rolled behind another box and started shooting the `enemies'. We finished the maze with out trouble. The professor said that we were the most accomplished team. That is why we were picked to do this. After we were done I asked him "We were picked for these activities?"

"Yes you were. But we would understand if you missed one. You were picked to do almost everyone of them. Well except the dancing. Your sister is in that one." He said.

"Thanks." I said as I ran to the piloting training ground. I got in Dixen and left for the field. I got out there to see Kathy's AS out there. Doc explained about the care and Maintenance needed to care for an AS. I fidgeted in the machine knowing that I had to fight Kathy.

"You nervous Nico?" I heard over the speaker.

"Extremely. Why?" I asked.

"Well you have to fight me." She stated.

"All right you two let's light this candle." Doc said. Kathy charged at me swing her dual energy axes. I jumped and flipped around 180 degrees to come up facing her back and shot her booster with my shoulder machine guns. Put my arms under hers and pulled back on the joysticks. I pinned her arms up.

"Oh yeah I know this technique but you can't do that to me little man." She said to me. A spike launched out from her back but I had seen it coming thanks to Dixen. I flipped over her back and threw her up in the air. Pulled out my beam cannon and with the momentum I built up I landed and fired. She got hit in the air and fell. She landed on her arms and legs then rolled to the side shooting her missals at me. I pulled out my shield with the satellites and absorbed the shots.

"Nice try Kathy. But my shield can cover that." I said. Pulled out my beam saber using one to block both of hers. I predicted her moves every time.

"Let me see what you can do Nico. Stop holding back!" She yelled.

"No! I will fight you the way I am." I said back. Blocking her strikes at me. I dropped a flash grenade and shot up and over her to stab her leg joints from behind and she fell down face front. She turned over when she did I put my sword to her AS's neck and held it there.

"Awe man. I got beaten by a fifteen year old." She wined. I left to get repairs done to Dixen and try to figure out what she meant by holding back. I wasn't trying to hurt her. That's why I told myself. I left to get to the Mechanic Demo. I got there to see Jet sitting on the plane that caught on fire that time ago.

"Hey what took you?" He asked.

"I have been doing these all day. I'm exhausted." I replied.

"Well you rest on this one and answer the questions at the end because the Dance demo is after this. So your set." He suggested

"Thanks buddy." I replied thankfully. Well as the parents filed in the professor explained about what people do in hear. Jet explained about other things and stuff. I sat on the wing and waited for the questions. I called on the mom in the front-right.

"Yes what's your question?" I asked.

"Why are you in all of the Demos?" She asked.

"Well you should ask the professors. I don't know either." I replied laughing.

"Well Nico here is our best student. He is highly skilled and a good student." My professor answered.

"Well shouldn't other students get a chance to do this?" Another Mom asked.

"Well we, the faculty, have chosen the best students to do these exercises while the rest of the students work on the setup of the graduation and demos. They are also working on the dinner that will be served." He answered. I answered a few more questions then the Dance demo was called to start. Before they left a Dad called out "Are you in the dance demo as well?" He joked.

"No I'm not. But my sister is." I laughed back. I left to check on Dixen and the other A. Suits. I told Doc about what Kathy said.

"Really? This is good. It will give you a chance to prove your self and your teammates as well. From what I hear, if you impress the Falcons you're sure to get some good press from that." He replied warmly. "Besides I will transfer with you."

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm the only engineer to know your plans." He said laughing. "It gives me perks if you do well."

"Well I will see you tomorrow." I waved goodbye. I left and went to the piloting class. Again Jet was there before me waiting for me. He was there for obvious reasons. I headed to sit in the plane.

"Alright beginning launch procedure." I said in to the com. I left the runway going full speed. I got up in the air and started doing some test maneuvers. The professor started talking and with Jet as my air buddy. We started doing some moves.

"Hey Jet!" I called out.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Let's give them a show." I said gamely.

"Why not?" He replied just as I had. We both shot out then I went up he went down. I looped down and Jet went up. We were going straight at each other. I twisted and came down right beneath his belly. W shot by each other at maybe a millimeter between us. I was shaking from the force we past each other at. Hey the air moving between us creates some serious down draft.

"Wahoo!" I cried out as I broke Mach 1 going straight down. I pulled up a few feet above the ground. Crazy? Yes! Insane? Ooh yeah. But people were cheering. I went by and `waved' the wings. My professor called and said she would let it slide only because it was graduation.

"Yes ma'am!" I said back. "But did they like it?" I asked

"Well let me ask them. Hey did you like it?" she called to the audience. I could her cheers and whistles in the background.

"Does that answer it?" she said back.

"Can we do more?" Jet asked.

"Why not? Go ahead show me what you learned." She encourage. I pulled up and did a triple loop twist. Jet was doing tricks like I have never seen.

"Hey Jet follow my lead." I said. I spun around and started barreling around and around. I dived and looped. Up, down, and around. We owned the skies.

"Alright hotshots get down here." Said my professor. We landed and got out.

"Well how was that?" I asked Jet.

"That was fun." He said then he saw Cat starring at him as if he died. She ran to him and was saying that she had been scared that he could have died.

"Whoa hold on there. Jet here could not have died if twenty planes were going after him. He is the best pilot here. That was a workout for him. He knows when, if he had to, bail out. There are ejector chutes." I said trying to calm her down. She peeked out from his chest and said oh. Jet looked relived. He mouthed thanks and then they walked off. I left them alone and went to the café to get some food. I had no demos left so I got my uniform and went to the stage. I got in my place just as the parents got in. Speeches went on and other stuff. Then the teams were called up to receive recognition. Our team was called up after a while. We got up there and lined up to receive our diplomas.

"Now the leader of the team will say a few things about their workmanship as a team." Said the general. I glanced at our team and I went to the general. I said we haven't picked one yet. He turned to me and pointed to me and said yes we did. He pushed me to the stand.

"Well uh, I seemed to be at a lost since I was just informed of my position. Well let me introduce the team. Well I guess I will start with the Guys. The tall one on the left is Jean. He is an ace pilot for jets and AS. He can just about pilot any machine. H works good under pressure and is my teammate for missions if you happened to se the weapons test you saw what I meant. Next to him is Jet. Well he pilots his name actually. He flies as well if not better than anyone I have seen he was at the demo. A great mechanic and AS pilot as well. My sister is also a pilot of AS but is a very good strategy planner. She was there at that demo too. She dances well too but that really doesn't concern piloting a jet as much but I have been told it does other things. Evie next to her is a computer expert. She can hack into anything and do anything that involves technology. Marie next to her is our weapons expert. Great at handling any gun and or weapon like machine. Melie is like Jean in many ways. She can pilot and the same things but she all so is a great negotiator. Everyone in our team can pilot and as well owns an AS. That's it." I said. I stepped down and walked back to my team.

"Well for making that up on the spot he sure did good folks." The general said. We left in marching formation. We went behind the stage and I fell in a chair.

"Why doesn't any one tell me these things," I groaned. My teammates left and went to find their parents. I got up and left to pack. I knew sis would bring my parents to me. I finished packing and went to the training center. My sister was there waiting with my Mom. She said Dad was guarding the entrance point to the sphere. I couldn't blame him. The President specifically assigned that to him so I can't argue. Actually it was an honor my dad wanted. I didn't mind. I started training with my sister and mother watching me and catching up. I went to Mom and told her about the Falcons.

"Wow! You must be good. They wouldn't send someone just to recruit you if they thought you were just lucky. That's my son!" She said happily. She left with my sister after I was done talking to her. I left to find Evie. I had promised her that I would take her to the arcade after all. I knocked on her door. Before hand after the graduation I had put notes about the mission happening.

"Hey Evie. You in there?" I said.

"Yeah. Just hold on while I put some clothes on." She said back.

"Uhhhh sorry. I, uh, well; I just came to take you to the arcade. Like I said earlier." I stammered. I get nervous and embarrassed when stuff like that happens.

"Oh it's you Nico. Come on in." she said

"But didn't you say…." I trailed off. She flung open the door, grabbed me and pulled me in.

"I was just making sure you weren't my family. I was waiting for you." She said.

"Well ready?" I asked. She said yes and we left to the arcade. We played a few games and did some other stuff. I took her back in my car and left for my room saying to get some sleep. I get back to my door to see Kathy waiting.

"Hi Kathy. Kind of late isn't it?" I asked.

"Well that's okay. I just need to ask you something." She walked closer to me. I smelled perfume and I felt intoxicated by it.

"Well as you know I'm a single pilot for the Falcons and I wanted you to know that I might not stay single for long." She said. She was circling me as she was saying this.

"I just wanted to say that I think your cute and that I would be open to you being close to me. So would you mind if I came in?" She said and asked.

"I…uh…well…ur…" I was having a hard time concentrating but managed to squeak out the words I needed sleep for the trip we were going on so you can't stay long.

"That's fine." she smiled. I kind of tripped on my way in. But kept on my feet and I shook my head. That cleared away the cobwebs.

"You know that perfume is strong stuff. Man that's intoxicating." I coughed out.

"Wow not many stand up to this perfume. I use this to get what I want because it has a minute amount of chloroform in it. I amazed your still standing." She said.

"Is this another test?" I asked.

"Well yes it was but you beat it before it even started." She said. "I will see you tomorrow." She left. I felt relieved that I still had my head. I went to sleep a little later.

Chapter Two

Dixen in the War "Go OMEGA D team!"

You know what stinks. I woke up late. Of all times I woke up late. I jumped up and took a shower and ate breakfast at about the same time. I put on my fighting suit, which consisted of the following: under ware (what you thought I would leave without boxers on? What world do you live in?), T-shirt, shorts, holsters, bulletproof vest, shirt, socks, shoes and my headband. I ran out of my room at top speed. I had already loaded up my stuff for the trip last night so I just ran to the loading dock to get in Dixen. I jumped off Dixen's leg and into the cockpit. Every one else had already been inside their AS for a while. I could hear the chatter on the COM unit.

"Hey cut the chatter you guys." I said.

"Oh look at that! Mister sleepy head is hear." Said Jet sarcastically.

"What's the matter with him?" I asked.

"We are leaving his girlfriend behind." Was Melie's answer.

"Since when? She should be in there right now. She is our contact to the ship when we land at the place we're going." I said.

"Huh?" said Jet.

"What do you think I would leave you moping?" I asked hurt.

"She's here? Bye!" he said hurriedly.

"Well is that true Nico?" Evie asked.

"What?" I asked

"You did that so he wouldn't mope?"

"She is good and the part that she is his girlfriend is all coincidence. Heh heh." I said innocently.

"You sly, sly person you." Replied Evie

"Thank you! Thank you!" I said like at the awards ceremony.

"And the crowds cry for more!" joined in Jean

"I thank all the little people who made this possible!" I continued.

"Men." Was all Evie said.

"All right all of you…" started Kathy.

"Hey did you like that routine?" I asked.

"Huh?" she said.

"Well Dixen's systems say you have been listening for twenty minutes." I replied slyly.

"…Yeah…it was funny… anyway we will be taking off shortly. So hold on." She replied.

"How did you know she was listening?" asked Marie.

"Well… I think we should get ready to lift off." I said avoiding the question. I put Dixen in passive alert mode. I kicked back the seat, put on the seat warmer, pulled out a pillow and blanket from the compartment hatch, rolled over and went to sleep. I woke up an hour later with Dixen beeping. I pulled up the seat and turned on my music. I check the screen. Dixen told me that we had been analyzed. All systems were fine but the main computer had tried to analyze us. It successfully got a reading on the heat temp and body structure but Dixen stopped it from further accurate data after that. I checked where the signal had come from and I had to tag it from many places. A little while later I got it to the main room in the ship. It passed the time well to be on the search for some one. I found out that this person was trying over and over to get data on Dixen but Dixen was blocking it for now. I love this machine. I had Dixen continue blocking the data while I found out who is doing this. I left Dixen locked so no one could enter but me. When I got to the main room I found a person I had heard of but had never seen. I saw the engineer for the Flying Falcons typing furiously. He looked in like he was in extreme concentration. I peaked over his shoulder. It was Info on Dixen. I typed on my watch for Dixen to crash his computer. Five seconds later he screamed out loud.

"Stupid computer!" He cried.

"You know you should ask people if you want to know data on their machines." I said calmly. He went white. He turned slowly and saw me. He jumped up in the air and ran off. I went to all of my team's AS to make sure he didn't get any data from them either. I found Evie and told her to put up some serious firewalls on the computers

"Is this your first order? Or is it a favor?" she asked.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"No. I will do it now. It would be better than watching the black space for another hour." She said and left me to sit there. I got up a while later and went for a walk. Actually it was more specifically a run. I ran down the corridors trying to get the pins and needles out of my legs. It wasn't a big ship so I made it back and forth a few times to get my legs back to normal. I went to the training room so I could work out for a while. I was bored beyond belief in an hour. I walked back to Dixen and climbed back in. I put on the simulator so I could do some more practice. An hour later Dixen informed me that we were beginning to land. I asked him where we were. He told me that we were at the training grounds for The Flying Falcons regiment.

"Cool." I said. I got back that it was 75 degrees out. Warm for this planet.

"Never mind Dixen." I laughed back. "Hey anyone in their suits?" I asked over the COM.

"Yeah I'm here Nico." Said Evie.

"Same with Me." Jet said.

"We are here Nico." Said Marie

"Jean's here too Nico, as well as I." Melie said.

"Great we are about to land so cut the chatter and make a good impression on these guys. So don't ask stupid questions and try to keep the dirty jokes to a minimum." I pleaded.

"Can do." Was the general response. When we landed we waited for the Falcons to get off first. That was out of gratitude. We followed with no weapons drawn and in line. I got off first followed by my sister then Evie, Jet, Melie, Jean, and Marie last. My sister has an AS but tends to stay at our base or in the back. She pays attention to the radar, sonar; you name it her machine has it. She is our eyes and ears in battle. I got us in formation for the inspection and speech from the leader of the FF.

"All right all of you rookies I want you to behave normally and no sirs or ma'ams to us got it?" He said

"Sure." I replied.

"So your Nico huh? Well I have heard good things about you from Doc so I expect you to keep your team in line.

"Okay. I will do my best." I said honestly.

"Well you certainly adapted to our way of life here. Most forget about the no sir or ma'am thing with in minutes." He said proudly.

"Never did like doing that." I said laughing. "Just one question?" I asked

"Yeah?" he said

"Where do we put our machines?" I asked

"Set them down where ever Doc says to okay?" he replied as he walked off. I looked down to see Doc waving us over to a corner of the base. I walked over and set Dixen down. My team did the same. I signaled every one to lock up and do what he asked us to do.

"So did he mean what he said?" Jet asked

"Well never question orders." I said simply.

"Hey Nico exactly how many people from our school are here?" Marie asked.

"About three. I think that's about right." I responded. "Oh watch out for tricks and stuff okay. I would like us to be still in one piece by the time we go to bed. So keep your eyes and ears open." I waved and left to find my room. I soon found out where and left to find it. I got to the door and I stepped back and looked around. I saw a cord going from the doorknob to the ceiling. I stepped to the side and opened the door. A cream pie flew out followed by tar and feathers.

"Nice try." I called out. I made stepping noises and acted like I was going to go in to my room. Once I finished two eggs flew out.

"Missed again." I said and closed the door. I looked around to see that many things had been booby-trapped. I pulled out the communicator. I talked to every one. They had encountered similar traps. Evie was the only one to almost get hit. The eggs had almost given her a buzz cut. But being short she ducked just in time. I told them about the traps on the bags. Evie said that the trap would only activate if we move the bags. So I opened mine and didn't move it from its spot and got a change of clothes. Told them what I did and left my room. We met up at the café and got some chow. I think we surprised some when we came in with no mess or junk on us. I smiled and sat down.

"Well team. Did you guys unpack?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Yeah. No trouble with our stuff either. But I think that the walls are a little dirty." Said Evie.

"Hey I cleaned mine before I came here. I didn't want my stuff on the dusty table." Said Melie.

"You were always the one who cared about the condition of things." I laughed.

"Well excuse me for being human. I like my things clean and neat." She said back.

"You enjoy cleaning it up too. I have seen you purposely throw your stuff around just to clean it up again." Laughed Jet.

"I don't believe I know you guys." Said Marie shaking her head.

"Oh you enjoyed the party we had at graduation a lot though. Especially since Jet here shot punch out his nose." Said Jean.

"What party?" I asked

"Sorry, but there were no commanders allowed at that one." Said Jet. "Besides you're the one that made the crack about fighting class that made me shoot punch out my nose."

"Figures." I said. I finished eating when Cat came over and sat next to Jet.

"Hey Jet you might want to help Cat unpack her stuff." I said and in a low voice said, "We might need to disarm all the traps to get our stuff together."

"Yah I will help out Cat." Said Jet.

"Will you guys quit calling me Cat." Cathine said.

"Tell Jet that. He told me to call you that." I said as I left. I went to my room. I set to the task of disarming the traps. After ward I put them out side in a heap and wrote a sigh and stuck it in sand next to it and it read `You missed us!' I went to everyone's room and helped them take it all down then put it in the pile. I left to my room and unpacked my stuff. I then went to sleep after taking a shower in my room. It's great to be a commander. The next morning my team knocked on the door.

"Hey Nico can we use you shower?" Jean asked.

"Sure come on in guys." I responded cheerfully. I got breakfast from the café and brought it back to my room for every one. When I got back in I set every thing down.

"Hey guys I think the pile of traps that we put outside got them mad. Because the sign was ripped in half and the pile of stuff gone." I said.

"Well let them be mad." Said Kathy. I froze.

"Oh didn't know you were in here." I said weakly. I looked to my teammates for help.

"Don't worry about it. I got the same treatment. Except I didn't dodge any of it." She said impressed. Well I served breakfast to every one and my shower got a good workout. I went to the training room. Everyone else left to so I locked my room. I put my own lock on as well. Even on the windows so my room would be set. I asked if my team had don e the same. Everyone had done it so we were safe. I was doing my routine and stuff when a couple of guys came up to me.

"Hey you're a new guy right?" one asked.

"Yeah I am." I said with out even slowing down.

"Well I just wanted to say that your team won't make it through the week." Said the same guy.

"What makes you say that?" I asked

"You can't defeat us. The best team besides the Falcons." He gloated

"What ever you say." I said and walked off. I got in Dixen and took off into the sky. I started training. Ten minutes later Jean joined me. He and I were practicing our moves when my team joined me. My sister was at the center monitoring us.

"Hey guys you got company." She said. We turned to see a different team flying towards us.

"Should we move?" asked Jean

"No. We were here first so we got this spot." I said.

"Yeah Nico your right." Agreed Jet. We continued our training with out paying attention to them. They landed near us.

"Move newbies. We own this spot." Said their leader.

"I don't see you name here. Besides we have been here for a while." I said. To my team I said, "Don't do anything rash just keep training I will handle this." My team continued training.

"I told you to move Newbie!" Said the team's commander.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we are here to train." He said with rage.

"But there is room over there." I pointed Dixen's hand towards the mountain.

"We want here. So move." Said a different pilot.

"What right do you have, to make us move?" I asked patiently

"We out rank you!" said one forcefully.

"What rank are you?" I asked.

"I am a commander. You are just ensigns. So move your stinkin' butts! NOW!" The leader said.

"Well I am a commander as well. So you don't out rank me. My seventh person is recording this conversation with the leader of the Flying Falcons listening. Now I ask you to please leave us alone. Or I will have to defend my team." I calmly replied. I don't know how or why I knew that or why I was so serious. I had this new confidence in me. The virtual system activated and I was Dixen. Read outs were saying that they thought that I was bluffing. Their danger level was rising.

"So they are going to attack." I thought. I told my team what was happening. I asked my sister if she herd all that I said.

"Yes, but how did you know that I was recording this and that the commander was here?" she asked.

"I don't know." I said simply. They brought all their weapons to bear on me. I didn't flinch. My shield was there in front of me in stealth mode. It absorbed all the firepower shot at it. It charged all my systems to max.

"Is that all you have?" I asked. I was mad, and for the first time I knew what was happening before it happened. Like those `New types' I had been hearing about. All around me things were happening. I told my teammates not to attack. But to stand, watch me and see how it's done. I assumed a fighting stance. I leapt at the first one and punched in the gut. Flipped it over my shoulder and kicked into a cliff. Swung around and hit another one in the head with a back kick. Off went the head, I jumped in the air, slammed down on his chest with a double kick and landed. Down it went as I tripped another one and punched its jet booster. I shuddered and stopped moving. I ran to the commander as I ran past I grabbed his arm and using my momentum I picked him up and threw him into the air. I jumped into the air and tossed him into the ground. All of the machines were down. They weren't getting up and I never fired a shot at them. I turned and told my team to stop gawking and continue training. They turned and went back to practicing. I got a call from my commanding officer. Or more specifically my commanding officer is Kathy.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Good job. You didn't start the fight. You didn't fire first and you reasoned with. Best of all you didn't injure them greatly." She congratulated.

"True but now I have shown how good I really am. I have tried to hold back because I though I was too good. I guess I'm right about that." I said sorrowfully. Hey I might not be considered normal anymore. I'm fifteen and I took out six armed high-class fighters with two years of experience and I didn't get a scratch as well as not using any weapons other than my fists and legs. How the hell did this happen. I didn't know that I was that good. But who am I to argue with what is right in front of me.

"What are you talking about?" she asked

"Well I'm fifteen, I took out these guys with out weapons and I didn't get hurt. Doesn't that seem odd?" I said. I walked back to base and put Dixen in the repair module. I stepped out because it said I didn't need to be repaired. I went to my spot to park Dixen and I sat him down. But I didn't leave. I asked Dixen, "How did I do that?"

-You fought them with the fighting technique you know-

"Yeah but I can't move that fast. I hardly think that fast for crying out loud." I said.

-But you had a power charge to all systems. That means everything you were able to do was from the amount of power you absorbed-

"I calculated that and I still didn't have enough power to move that fast and know what I was going to do." I said, "Dixen do you have a power record from that battle?" I asked

-Processing…processing…yes-

"Bring it up please." I commanded

-Power output was increased with energy gathered from shield. It was again increased when an unknown power source from within Dixen increased it-

"Where is this unknown power source?" I asked amazed. Because according to the readings the power was tripled by this power source.

-Power source is in pilot seat. My readouts indicate that it is you who made that energy-

"How is that possible?" I asked bewildered.

-I will scan your body…scanning…scanning…scanning………scann ing…- I thought about what was happening. This might explain why I was so good with armored suits. I had a power booster of some sort in me. I know my skill was great and my knowledge was very good too but I don't see how I could produce power like that. It must have been hours or maybe even a day, because I herd a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I asked

"Are you going to come out?" Someone asked.

"When I find out what happened I will." I replied

"Then can I come in?" someone asked

"Depends…who are you?" I asked

"A friend." Someone said.

"I don't have many friends and I know their voices. Who are you?" I said.

"I am a friend of your parents if that helps." His person said. I turned on the outer camera to see a cloaked figure.

"How do you know them?" I said.

"Will I have to say the password to get my butt in there?" The figure said

"… How do you know the password?" I asked.

"Your parents told me about who and what you are. I know how to help." This person said.

"What I am? What do you mean?" I asked. I was considerably freaked out right now.

"You are an advanced `New type'. A `Master new type' is what they are called. That is what you are." This person said. I opened the door. This person stepped in. He put down his hood. It was the one person I always wanted to meet. He was the top pilot that the alliance had ever seen and now he worked for the Commanders the best Force fighters out there. His name was Sickel Flash.

"I…uh…nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand.

"Hmm. It's nice to met you too. But maybe we should go somewhere private." He said.

"Sure follow me. Dixen have finished the scan?"

-Yes-

"Then store data and lock up once we leave and don't let anyone in until I get back." I told him.

-Yes. Compiling-

"Sleep good, buddy." I said as I left behind Sickel. I lead the way to my room. I opened the door and got myself a drink and warmed up some lunch leftovers. Sickel sat down and took off his cloak. He looked around. He relaxed and said, "I never thought there would be more of me. I'm also a Master Newtype. Master Newtypes are smart fast agile basically everything that a normal person can do except 1000 times better. We can even increase our machines power from with in us." I was listening intently.

"But what about my friends. Each of them can tie me." I pointed out.

"Well I looked into it and they are Newtypes. They can tie you as long as you don't increase your power." He said.

"But isn't that rare? For an entire team to be Newtypes." I said.

"Yes it is. But Master Newtypes have been known to draw Newtypes to them." He said.

"So…what did you want with me?" I asked.

"Your team actually. Your people work really well together. Normally Newtypes hate other Newtypes. So your team is the first team of Newtypes." He said.

"So you're going to train us?" I asked.

"Yep. Starting tomorrow. Your commanding officer also agrees as well as the general." He replied.

"Okay. I guess I will start showing my abilities to everyone now." I said solemnly.

"Your friends will stay your friends no matter what. Isn't that right guys?" He called back. There they were my team. All behind me and they looked shocked. I don't know what part shocked them. I knew what he was going to say, or that Sickel was here, that he was going to train us, or that I had been holding back all this time. Half of that surprises me.

"Well guys I guess there is no need for a team meeting. Huh?" I said quietly.

"So we're Newtypes are we? Wow. No one told us this before." Said Jet.

"Yeah, I mean you would think someone would tell us these things." Heli said.

"Well it makes sense. No one has beaten us with out a serious struggle." Said Jean. Every one was quiet. Then it hit me.

"What are you telling me we are the first all Newtype team?" I asked.

"Yeah I told you that." Sickel said.

"That means we are one the best already right?" Jean said as he caught on.

"Yeah I would figure as much." Replied Sickel, "But you should learn you powers and how to use them right." He said sternly.

"Guys I see no problem with this do you?" I asked my team.

"Nope."

"None."

"Let's do it."

"Why not?"

"Sure."

"Well we could get a lot better. Sure." They replied.

"We in." I said with a grin.

"Good get some sleep and meet me in the field at ten, okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said in reply. The next morning I got up, showered, and put on my fighting suit. I ran to the parking spot where Dixen was and climbed in. I started up and ran a system check. I checked the data from yesterday. I took off at a run jumping, dodging the debris and making good time to the spot. I read the data as we neared the spot. It said exactly as Sickel had said. During that time all my abilities were increased 1000 times over.

"Cool. I like my abilities."

-It is cool outside-

"Didn't I tell you to look up the slang for that word?" I said annoyed.

-Yes-

"Did you?"

-Yes-

"Ok. That was the slang version." I said. I turned up the music and put the virtual system on. I started working on my accuracy by punching a spot in the air fifty times. I moved to a different spot each time I was done and did it again. I kicked doing the same exercise. Jean arrived a little later and we started warming up on each other. He punched, I blocked, I punched and he blocked. Marie joined in a little later. Two VS one and it was against me. I was doing good tying every shot when Jet stepped in. Three VS one is tuff. I didn't care though it was fun.

"Missed. Awe so close. Nope, that sis is the air." I said. My sister had joined in. I jumped, dodged and flew away from their attacks. The last of our team had arrived and I was their target.

"Hey don't I get help?" I asked jumping away from strikes and punches.

"All right all of you. Time to start training." Sickel said.

"Guys stop. We have class now." I said laughing. "Troops fall in!" I yelled. Each machine went to his or her respective positions.

"About time." Sickel said. "Now first training day. I want to see your strengths and weaknesses. So if any of you can name any weaknesses do so now."

"My machine can't fly." Marie said.

"Hand to hand combat isn't good for this machine." Jet said.

"Mine isn't very fast." Jean said.

"Too much kick back from my weapons." I said.

"I don't have many close ranged weapons." Heli said.

"I don't have many moves on mine." Evie said.

"I don't have strong armor." Melie said.

"Okay that's good but they are different each time. Who designed them? That person certainly did a good job." Sickel said.

"That is I. I designed them." I said.

"Well you did a good job." Complemented Sickel. "Now strengths. What are they?"

"My machine moves very fast." Marie said.

"Mine can transform to a jet and land speeder." Said Jet.

"Mine is strong and heavily armored." Jean said.

"I have many weapons and I have great dexterity and speed." I said

"I have every sensor made on my machine." Heli said.

"I have strong armor and fast movement." Evie said.

"I have a very powerful energy shield as well as lots of weapons." Melie said.

"Wow. I again complement on your designs. These are for the most part different." Said Sickel.

"Thanks. I did it based on their fighting style." I said embarrassed. Well needless to say he had spar with each other. Now I seemed to recall doing this, a lot, so it was no surprise when he had us do, target practice.

"Hey my dad did this same thing for me. He lent me his back up machine and we did this." I said out loud.

"Oh really? Well what are we going to do next?" Evie asked.

"Speed tests." I said. At the exact time Sickel did. I shot off doing a full shot of power through the jets. I was shooting down the canyon at Mach 2. I felt about 20 Gs pulling my body. I pushed my self to my maximum and Dixen's maximum boost to see how long I could stand it. I was boosting when Jean caught up to my suit. I got a message that said I was going too fast for the machine. Instant stop. I thought my breakfast had left me. Jean stopped but had to turn around to face me.

"The machine exploded because you went by so fast." He said laughing. "I think you did twenty laps." Still laughing.

"Oops. Heh, heh I think that was too fast. I still think I could have gone faster too." I replied. I shot back to where Sickel was waiting.

"You guys keep surprising me. Even on the first day and you surpassed everything I have ever done. On the first day I crashed my machine I was going so fast. But I didn't break the meter." He said amazed. A couple of weeks passed and under Sickel's training we were unbeatable. It was one night I was eating supper late when it happened. We were getting a new recruit that passed up the ranks fast. The recruit was the same rank level as I was but the recruit had no team to command. I didn't know what gender this recruit was but I don't care what this person was thinking. I had finished eating when someone sat down on right across from me at the table. I said hi and waved.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Nico." I stuck out my hand and asked, "What your name?"

"My name is Abby and it is nice to meet you." She said warmly.

"You new?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm the one that transferred here." She said.

"Well it is nice to meet you. Hope I see you later." I said and waved goodbye.

"Nico! Hold on a second won't you." Jean said.

"Yeah what's up?" I asked.

"Our suits can be upgraded! Do you agree with us doing that?" he asked

"Well…" I started.

"Don't you need to consult your commander to do that?" Abby said.

"Where have you been? This is Nico! He is commander of the OMEGA D team. He is mhmp." Jean started. I slammed my hand on his mouth.

"Will you cram it!" I told him. "It's not like the world needs to know. Besides I will head by our machines and consider upgrading the Armored Suits. Okay? Is that good enough Jean?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sorry. It's nice to meet you Abby. I'm Jean." He said and waved. "Well I need to go. Bye!" He waved to her.

"Sometimes I wonder if I should have chosen a different second in command." I said to myself. "Well I will see you later Abby."

"Yeah I hope so. Good bye." She replied. I feel like I should find Jean and rip him a new one but I left to talk to Doc.

"Hey Doc! I herd something about upgrading my AS?" I yelled.

"Yeah I have found greater access to parts from this base. I noticed new weapons and equipment for Dixen and the others. I have found that by inputting you fighting style with the weapons you have now I have found new weapons and stuff for you." He said

"Cool! What are the weapons?" I asked.

"A level 15 med range Flamethrower, a level 13 field stun-gun and a level 18 fist attachment." He read off a list. "I can also upgrade your field generators to lessen the damage you get." He continued.

"Put them on. I can't see a reason not to." I said.

"Well the power output will greatly be increased to handle the weapons so there is going to be a strain on you." He warned.

"I will get use to it if I have to. I need to protect the people in the war. It will be little sacrifice if I have some discomfort." I said nobly. "You know that sounded a lot cooler that I thought it would. But it is true." I said.

"Yeah you scared me for a second. I thought you acted responsibly for once." He laughed.

"I thank you for this great award! I would like to thank all the little people who made this possible!" I chided.

"Cut it out brother. I mean seriously. Do you have to act this way all the time?" Heli said.

"Yes. I am sorry but this is who I am. Besides you love shooting me down. You would hate it if I stopped." I said back. "Doc you can handle it from here right?" I asked.

"Yeah I will get the money and buy the stuff then equip it. I would give it a couple of days before you will have the weapons." He replied. I ran back to my room. I got in the shower and changed into some clothes to sleep in when a knock at the door sounded.

"Yes? Who is it?" I called out.

"Hi I can't find my room can you help me?" A voice said.

"Give me a second." I said back. I opened the door to see Abby standing there with a piece of paper in her hands and a frustrated look on her face.

"Hey it's nice to see you. Let me see. Hmm it says the commander wing room 17 B. I think that it is…wait that sounds familiar." I thought about it for a second. I looked at my room number. It hit me right there.

"I think I found your room." I pointed into my room as I said it. "It says here you are bunking in room 17 B which is my room. This would explain why there are two bed rooms." I laughed. She visibly smiled. I think out of relief. I hope.

"Well at least I don't have to worry about peeping toms." She whispered.

"Uh I didn't quite catch that. What did you say?" I asked innocently.

"Oh nothing." She said as she pulled stuff in. I grabbed some of her bags and brought them to the spare room.

"Well the fridge is mostly empty besides some juice and backing soda. Um I normally go to bed about ten and I'm up at about eight. I will be out by nine so don't worry about me okay?" I said. "Oh and lock the door every time you leave. Many people don't like me because of how good I am." I told her. I left her to unpack. I went and watched some TV for a while. I then left to my room to get some sleep. I fell asleep about ten so I didn't hear anything after that until it was too late. I saw her there holding a gun about a foot from my face saying that if I ever tried to see her naked that I would regret it.

"Don't worry about okay?" I said nervously. There was a gun right in front of me. How did you want me to sound?

"Good. Just wanted to make that clear." She said sweetly. She left my room right after that.

"That was a new one right there." I thought. I rolled over and went to sleep. I woke up at eight on the dot and took a shower. I ate breakfast and left. You know a pop tart and an apple with juice. I made a note to go shopping. I went to the training center and started my workout. I left to go get Dixen ready and I started off to the training field. I practiced shooting my laser rifle and the boulders. When of all times a group of fighters comes along to challenge me.

"You Nico! We are here to make sure you stay here! You can't take our spot as the best training team here!" The leader said.

"Let me guess you are here to kick my butt and have me tell my team to stop trying?" I asked.

"Yes! So prepare for some merciless butt whopping!" He said as he charged. I sidestepped and tripped him. He went face first in to the rock. I don't know why all of you keep trying to fight me. I have not fired a shot and I haven't taken damage from anyone who has tried to fight me." I said a bit ticked off.

"That isn't what the other team said. They said you beat them up and called them names and insulted them and us." Said the commander.

"Well you have the story reversed kind of. They insulted my team, you and I. Then I kicked their butts. You can even get a recording of it from the battle data base." I said.

"We will do that. I am sorry for that out burst." He said apologetically.

"No problem. Besides you were misinformed." I said. They left and I soon heard explosions from where the other team was. I kept up my training when Sickel came over.

"Hey I herd you met my sister Abby last night." He said.

"Yeah. But I didn't know that she was your sister." I said surprised.

"She is. But she doesn't want to use that to get ahead in life. She has taken a liking to you. But don't take anything offensive about what she did last night." He said

"Yeah that was certainly a new one for me." I said remembering what happened. "Couldn't you have vouched for me?" I asked.

"I did. But that was this morning. By the way you have today off. I tried to find you but you had left for here anyway." He said.

"Thanks but I will stay out here." I said.

"Alright." And he left. I kept training when a voice came over the COM.

"Hey Nico you out here?" the voice asked.

"Yeah I'm here." I replied into the COM.

"Where?" The voice asked.

"I am the blue and white AS by the canyon." I replied trying to figure out who it was.

"Oh. I will be right there." The voice responded. An AS landed beside me.

"Hey Nico had a hard time finding you. I am lucky I spotted you from the sky." Said Kathy.

"But didn't you talk to me on the COM?" I asked.

"No. I don't know your frequency. Why?" She asked

"Well someone called me." I leaned against the wall and thought for a sec.

"Oh Nico! I found you!" Cried a voice. I looked up to see an extremely large AS standing on the cliff.

"Uh yeah I guess you did find me." I said confused. "Who are you any way? I haven't seen that suit before."

"It's me silly. Abby." She giggled. I was confused still but I knew it was she.

"Hey Cathy what did you need?" I asked.

"Well the commander wanted to see if you could prove your skills and your teams skills as well. He wants to see them today." She said.

"Alright I will be there shortly." I replied. I jumped up to the cliff to talk to Abby.

"Yeah Abby what did you want?" I asked.

"Well I was wondering if you could fight me." She asked.

"Well how about tomorrow. But I will need to talk to Sickel about that." I said.

"Don't worry about him I will talk to him." She said as she sped away. I boosted in to the sky and flew towards the arena. I landed just outside and walked in. The arena was a place to prove yourself able to use your machine in battle. It mainly puts your team in a free for all against each other and makes a battle like atmosphere. He asked me to fight the computer-simulated demo.

"Sure. I will do my best." I said confidently.

"I hope so." Was his reply. I saw a man in the corner looking on. I wondered who he was. But the simulator started before I could think about it longer. I pulled out my Laser rifle and prepared for combat. I jumped backwards to dodge fire and position myself in good range. I fired over and over to land some serious damage. I launched energy missals at him to slow him down and I threw grenades to damage him. I flew in to the air and started a full barrage when he moved out of my firing range. I landed and ran around a wall. Dixen told me he could not have done that if this was real. I thought about that. It made sense that this new person if he wanted to see my full power. That he would make it that I couldn't win unless I went full power. I shot out behind the wall as it disintegrated. I fired round after round at him. Blowing armor and weapons off him. But it seemed that it just had more weapons and armor no matter what I did. I kept launching attacks at it. Then I had an idea, I jumped straight at it. I pulled out my beam saber throwing my rocket launcher into the air. I cut off its head. I know if it got up that it was visibly cheating. The head fell to the ground. It disappeared, all of it and the simulator shut down.

"That was excellent. I admit we were cheating. I know you noticed that it kept replacing everything you blew off." He said. I noticed that Kathy was scared. I looked to where the man had been standing. He noticed that I was looking at him and he walked away.

"I just did my best." I said with no emotion. I caught my rocket launcher right then.

"I know what you are thinking and I am truly sorry. But we had orders to do what that man asked us to do. He asked us to make you show your powers. What ever those may be." He said apologetically.

"Yeah orders can't be refused. I know that for a fact." I said unemotionally. I didn't care. I left. Dixen was telling me things. I knew half of them already and I knew what the others were going to say. Sickel had told me that this is the time when I can lose faith in myself and be unstable. I concentrated on the fact that I was Nico Hisle. I tried to remember who I was. It took great difficulty but I calmed down. I told Dixen to repeat was he was trying to say.

-Your brain waves are low. Your memories are fading. Please remember who you are. Friend you are not a killing machine, I am-

"Thank you Dixen, I…am trying…I…AHHHHHHHHHH." I screamed and collapsed. I don't know how long I was under or what I was doing or where I was. I only knew who I was and my memories, they were there as if it was a book. I read all my memories and replayed them so I could see them. I remembered the good times and the bad. I remembered whom I was and what I wanted to do. I woke up. I saw a blinding light.

"Why am I in heaven?" I said out loud. "I didn't die. I don't think I did at least. Maybe I am at the far plane or something." I mumbled and went back under. I didn't know what was happening but a voice was there to guide me.

-Friend I am here. I will help you remember-

-I knew you once you got in my piloting chair. You were my friend and life bringer. You showed me how to live-

"Who are you?" I asked.

-I am Dixen. Your armored suit. Friend remember please-

"I will try. But I am so tired." I said sleepily.

-Don't go to sleep or you will never wake up again-

"You mean I will die? Then I won't fall asleep. I know too many people who care about me. I have unfinished business with my enemies." I said determined.

-That is my friend. The one who never gives up until the end. You have unlocked my powers and never gave up when people said that you couldn't make me. I am your weapon. But do you use me for good or evil? -

"I fight for what I believe in. Weather it is good or evil depends on the view. I think it is good but my enemies think it is evil." I said remembering what I had said before when some one asked me that question.

-Then when will you get up? When will you pilot me to victory? Or will you sleep? I ask you answer please-

"I will get up soon but I need to find out what I am going to do when I wake up. I will pilot you soon. It may be to victory or it may not but I will do my absolute best to make sure you or the rest of my team don't die." I said fiercely.

-Good, then I will be right here until you do wake up-

"Thank you friend." I said. I thought for a while I knew I had to fight. I am a Master Newtype I will do my best, which can rival the best. I woke up. I saw the light again.

"I am not it heaven. I know that now." I said.

-Your team is fighting a tough opponent out in the field. You must help them-

"I am going." I said. I ran as fast as I could I reached Dixen in a matter of seconds started up and flew towards the fight.

"No! You shall not blow up this base!" Cried Jean.

"You think you can stop me? Pitiful fool." Said the voice. "You shall die." His sword stopped in mid flight.

"What?" he cried out.

"You will not hurt my friends. You who destroys humanity shall die at my hands. I will not let you live through this." I told him unemotionally.

"Nico? Your alive?" Jean said before he blacked out.

"Sleep friend you did enough." I said to him.

"You think you can beat me and Psycho? You pitiful fool!" laughed the man.

"It is you who is pitiful." I told him. I kicked him back. I unleashed my machine guns dealing damage to all of his armor. Cutting deep in to the armor.

"What? No machine has that amount of power. No machine gun can do that." He said in disbelief. I fired my lasers at his chest burning the rest of his armor off. I pulled out my Beam cannon and took careful aim at his cockpit.

"Do you know what it is like to pay for your deaths? It is extremely painful. I should know." I said. I fired and held the blast till all of Psycho was gone. I lifted off to the next battle. I killed each enemy. I made sure that the spy satellite that was watching know that I wasn't going to die. After all the enemies had died I left to make sure my team was okay. Each had suffered minor wounds and all were suffering from exhaustion. I left to my room. I had found out that I had been gone a week and a half. I went to my bed to see Abby crying.

"What are you crying about?" I asked.

"Nico is in a coma. Everyone knows that." She cried harder.

"Well I hate to tell you this but since you're the last to know. He is out of a comatose state." I said.

"And? Is he up? Or did he…?" She whimpered.

"Well you should look for your self." I said. She looked up and cried from joy.

"Well I am pretty sure I am not dead. But I don't know if I am that much alive either." I said. She ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"They said you fell out of Dixen once it parked and you hit the ground hard." She started saying.

"Well actually I had been out since half way from the coliseum. Dixen go it me back. I really think that that machine is very much alive." I said. She held me for a while then let go.

"I never did like many guys but I think I fell for you a while back." She smiled.

"Not to be a downer or anything but I may die at anytime. Those attackers out there are proof that I am being watched and I may not live through the next attack." I said full of sorrow.

"But you excepted that fact?" she asked.

"Well I know that I must try to do the right thing. I will do my best no matter what I do. But knowing that I will die in battle is something I have excepted ever since I started piloting." I said. I was so serious right then that I think I scared myself.

"But I am who I am and I can't change that. So I am still my immature self." I smiled. She hugged my again and then she said she had to leave to get to her job.

"I will see you later then Abby?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied. She left and left me alone. I think my mood changed then. I am who I am and I can't change that. I remembered those words. They were my unofficial motto. I left an hour later after a shower and a change of clothes. I went to the café to get some food. I got many strange looks and I sat by myself at a table. I didn't care either way so it didn't matter. I ate then left to work on Dixen. It passed the time.

"Nico I am glad that you are out of that coma. Dixen was acting weird when you were under too. It started up a lot and it seemed to be processing something every few minutes. I installed those new weapons and they work fine." Doc said.

"Thanks. It means a lot to me that you still equipped those weapons even after I might have died." I said truthfully.

"What happened to you anyway? You are more serious now. You are calm and concise. It isn't like you." He said concerned.

"Well almost dying kind of does that to you." I said.

"I will take your word on that." He replied smiling. Doc left me alone a little while later. I finished the repairs and patted Dixen's shoulder.

"Thank you buddy. You have helped me in more than one way." I left with the feeling of someone saying your welcome friend behind me. I walked to the infirmary to see my team up but not walking. I stood at the front of the room and leaned against the wall.

"Well I certainly hope all of you are okay." I said. Before they could respond I held up my hand.

"Please don't ask how I did that or why I waited so long. It is personal and it shall remain that way. All I want to know is if all of you are okay."

"We are fine Nico. But I want to thank you for stopping that final blow." Jean said.

"That was no problem." I said and smiled. I left them to rest. I didn't have much to do so I sought out Sickel.

"Sickel! I wanted to talk to you." I yelled to him.

"Do you know how close you came to dying?" He said harshly.

"I say about a hair's breath. But what I wanted to talk to you about is something I need to ask in private." I said not joking.

"You have changed. I see that now. Yes I will talk to you. I'm sorry for blowing up like that." He said. I went to my room as he followed me.

"I need to ask you if this had ever happened to you?" I asked.

"Well it did in a sense. I didn't go into a coma for a week, but I did have something that made me change. It means that your are maturing as a Master Newtype." He said

"That isn't what I wanted to know. My Armored suit is talking to me. It under stands me. It helped me through the coma. If it weren't for Dixen I would have stayed under or died. I had collapsed half way between the arena and the base. I don't know what happened after that." I said.

"Most don't survive this long. That is why there are so few of us. Most don't survive the change from Newtype to Master Newtype. I have pushed Jean in the right direction but he was already heading for the same path as you. Your team is going to be all Master Newtypes soon. Your team is all you have that is keeping your personality in you. Your memories are who you are. But most Master Newtypes lose them when they change. That is why they die. They have no hope and charge into battle with no hope of surviving. But you have found your AS so you don't have to worry about the other people. Just take you life the way it is." He said.

"Thanks. That is all I wanted to know. Also watch out for the rocket tomorrow. Remember that it is important." I said and left.

"He is the one. That is for sure. Watch out for the rocket tomorrow. I got it." Sickel said. I left my room to head to the training area. I worked out for an hour to get the kinks out of my system. I left and got some food. Today had just been busy. I went to the infirmary to see my friends getting up. They had healed and rested enough to get out of the infirmary. I left to see the general.

"General Ryan. May I speak with you?" I asked him in his office.

"Well looks like you recovered. I want to thank you for saving this base." He said. He looked weary and stressed.

"Ryan I would like to ask a favor." I said.

"What is that?" he replied.

"May my team go to battle?" I asked.

"Well I just got orders for you to be assigned to a ship. I'm grateful that this ship will be getting you. You are the best I have seen in a while. I'm sorry about the fight in the arena and if I make it up to you?" he asked.

"You may." I replied warmly.

"Will you take Doc with you? He seems to know the most about your Armored Suits so I would like to send him with you." He said.

"Yes I would He is my friend and the best senior mechanic I know." I replied.

"I wish you luck. Please if you ever need help we are in your debt. So don't hesitate to call us." He said helpfully.

"I will." I replied. "Good bye general." I left. He looked beat and stressed out still but he had a smile on his face. I went to Doc and told him what was up. He agreed to come along. I again left notes on the doors of my team and went for a bath. I left a little while later and went to my room. I found my team, Kathy, Doc, Sickel and Abby waiting for me.

"Well I see my room is getting a lot of use out of it." I said laughing.

"Well were are leaving soon right. What ship are we guarding anyway?" Jet asked.

"Well the orders say that the ship is call Mirage and we are its guards. It is a new test ship. Everyone in this room is going to be on the ship. Sickel you are the captain of this ship." I said.

"Yeah I got my orders a month ago with my sister's. Her job was to find suitable guards. I was to train these guards. Well I left when your mother asked me to check up on you. I thought about training you guys till my sister found the right people. When she came to see where I was she found you guys and she said you guys fit what she was looking for. That is when the training got harder." He said.

"Hmm so we are all going to fight in the war now?" Asked Evie.

"Well yeah. But we don't know the mission of the ship yet. We may just be scouting. Or we may be testing new equipment. I don't know. But they are assigning top guards so what we are doing is important but that is all I know." I said trying to fit the pieces together.

"Well we should stoop worrying about that now and pack." Abby said. "So everyone scram. Vamoose, move it. Back to your rooms and pack." She said pointing towards the door.

"Nico?" Jean asked

"Yeah do what she says." I said. "And get some rest. I want at least ten hours of sleep from all of you. Good night." I waved. They left and I packed my stuff except for my battle suit. I turned on the TV and looked at the news.

"The new battle ship Mirage is expected to be ready soon. It will have the best the army has to offer and it will have the newest technology." The announcer said.

"So they are lying about it not being ready?" I wondered, "Must be because they want it to get far before the enemy realizes they have been duped." I said.

"Your right. That is the plan. They want to get the ship to the space base before the enemy attacks it. They need to finish the gravity generator at the base." Abby said.

"So you are done packing?" I asked.

"I was ready yesterday." She said proudly.

"Hmmm." I mumbled. "I'm going to put my bike on the ship and put my stuff on the transport ship. Doc will take care of Dixen." I said as I grabbed my keys. The bike was my only mode of transportation. I needed it to be ready at a moments notice. I went to the garage where it was settled and started it up.

"Boy do I miss this machine." I thought. I took it for a drive. I drove out onto the sand and drove around. I forgot the war and everything else. I just was riding my bike. I did that for a while. I put it on the ship at the landing dock and I put my stuff on as well after I was done. I left for my room and fell asleep when I got back. I woke up to see Abby watching me. I looked at the clock. It was an hour till we were supposed to leave.

"Yes… *yawn* what's up?" I asked as I stretched.

"Well I was wondering if I could rest with you for a while. Can I?" she asked.

"Uh sure I guess." I said confused. She sat next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I thought about what you said. You know that thing about being a soldier and that you might die tomorrow. I thought that was honorable. But I got the meaning. You don't want to make me sad by having a relationship where you might die the next day. I accept that but will you allow me to do this anyway?" she asked.

"Yeah. I don't mind." I said lying back down. We rested there for a while. I got up ate breakfast and ECT. I got out the door with Abby right behind me. I got to the ship and passed out the folders that had the jobs of my team on them. I had been given them this morning so when I sat in Dixen I pulled it out and read mine.

Dear Nico Hisle,

This is highly classified data. Your team will be transferred to active duty as of today. You shall be the commander of the OMEGA D team. You mission will be to guard the war ship Mirage from harm until further notice. Your new rank will be corporal- lieutenant. You are third in command of the ship Mirage. You are now a high-class officer. You should know what to do if your mission fails. If you fail make sure the enemy does not get the ship under any circumstances.

That is all.

"Well I got promoted." I said. "Hey Dixen. Do you know our new orders?"

-I would like to-

"Alright I will place it in the analyzer" I said and put my orders in the box.

-I see. We shall be bodyguards? -

"It seems like it." I replied. "Go to stand by and keep a lookout if any one comes barging in. I will get some sleep." I said yawning.

-Sleep good friend-

"Thanks." I replied as I drifted in to sleep. I woke up to alarms going off all around me.

"What is the problem?" I asked.

-The Mirage is under attack-

"Let my team know. I'm going to help." I told Dixen. I started up and opened the hatch. I leapt out and fired up my engines and took off at full blast to the fight. As I was flying my team caught up with me.

"What's up?" Jan asked.

"The Mirage is under attack. I figure we should start early." I said not slowing down.

"Wait how is Marie flying?" I asked.

"Doc gave her a jet booster pack upgrade. She can fly now. For a short distance any way." Jet said.

"Okay. Good." I replied.

"Here we are." Melie said. There was a large battle in front of us. It was obvious that the ship was losing. I landed and started destroying the enemy left and right as fast as I could.

"Take out the heavy hitters first. Don't let the ship get any more injured than it is." I yelled into the COM. "Sis, radio the ship and tell them their guards are here." I continued. I blew up five more rocket launching machines. I flipped away from retaliation and opened up with all my machine guns. Destroying all the machines in front of me. I pulled out my rifle and started picking off the enemy around me. In a few minutes we had destroyed most of the enemy and the rest were retreating. But a lot of the ship had been destroyed. Our transport ship landed and brought help out. I walked in the hangar of the ship with Dixen and started moving the debris away. Repair ships came in and started well repairing. I set Dixen down and jumped out to find wounded and bring them out. My team had already gotten out and were moving the wounded out. I headed to the bridge. I found a wounded soldier sitting in the captain's chair. I fixed him up the best I could and carried him outside. In about an hour we got all the wounded out and the medics were treating them.

"The destruction is bad." Sickel said.

"Yeah but it would have been worse if we hadn't gotten here when we did." I said.

"That's true. But I don't like the idea that I`m the captain of a ship that is badly damaged and has been targeted by the enemy from the start." He shook his head.

"I know." I agreed. "But I have to defend it. You just command it." I pointed out. "Want to trade jobs?" I joked.

"And have your death sentence? Yeah right!" We laughed. I waved and left to help with the repairs.

"Hey! Are you the commander of our Guards?" someone asked. I wiped the sweat from my fore head turned and said, "Yeah. Who is asking?" I asked

"Well I need you to come with me." Said someone in an army suit. I jumped down and got next to him. I followed him to the captain's quarters. He said for me to wait here. I was let in when he left. I saw Sickel in the corner. I was wondering what was wrong when the person in the seat behind the desk started talking.

"I am the temporary captain for this ship. I just wanted to thank you for rescuing my crew. I will stay on this ship as an advisor so I may teach Sickel to be a good captain. So don't worry about Sickel being a good captain. I wish you luck and good fortune when in battle." He said.

"Yes sir. I appreciate your kindness." I saluted then left.

I went to the bridge to see my sister and Evie working on repairs for the computers and monitors. I waved and I got smiles back. I left to the workshop and found Jet there. He nodded to me and I smiled back. I found Marie at the infirmary and she checked on my scrape I got when we were fighting. I left there and went to the crew's quarters. I saw Melie fixing the rooms. She saw me and waved. I smiled and shook my head in wonderment. How could someone like to clean that much? She stuck out her tongue at me. I laughed and left. I went to the dock and saw Doc there. I waved and left to find the rest of my team. I found Jean outside savaging parts on the damaged machines we hit.

"Jean put all parts in the mechanic's bay alright?" I asked

"Sure thing." He replied looking in a machine. I left to find Kathy and Abby. I found Abby at the top of the ship with a radio and several walky-talkies. Kathy was next to her writing down updates on or repair teams.

"So how are the repairs going?" I asked.

"We the damage was sever. But we have fixed fifty percent of it. She will be able to fly out to her mission tomorrow." Kathy said. "Sir, does that make you happy?" She asked.

"Huh?" I asked dumbly.

"You now out rank many people. Sir." Kathy said.

"Oh yeah my promotion. Um yeah that makes me happy." I said in reply.

"Thank you sir." Kathy said.

"Will you stop with the sir stuff? I am Nico. I have a name." I said.

"Sorry sir." Kathy said grinning.

"I am going to have a long day." I mumbled. I left them to their job and went back to my job of fixing the hull. A few hours later I went to the cafeteria to eat some lunch, a late lunch. It was about three but I didn't want to wait for supper. I sat eating my food thinking about today and what I am doing. Things I didn't normally think about. I went to he training room to let off some steam. I punched the punching bag over and over for a while. I herd the announcement for the guards to assemble on the third time. I ran to the main room and got in line beside my team.

"You have been called here to receive thanks for what you did. How you knew that we were under attack was unbelievable. I would like to thank the person who found out about it. But first I have medals for your new positions." The captain said. He passed out medals to my team and I then to Sickel.

"Um sir. I told my team that there was an attack happening but I didn't find out about it first. My Armored Suit saw the danger. I only reacted." I said truthfully.

"Well then let me put this medal on you and we will give something to Dixen." He said smiling. I left after that to check on Dixen.

-I report that enemies have started to surround us. Please react soon. Before it is too late-

"Right. Connect in to the sound system. Tell everyone to get inside the ship. Call all the nights and Sickel and tell them to get in their Suits and follow me out." I said to him. I rushed out side as Dixen told people to get in the ship. I boosted into the air and scanned the enemies. I found fifty of them.

"Sickel stay here and protect the ship. Sis, give me readouts consistently and constantly. Jean, take Melie and head east. Jet go with Evie and go south. Kathy, go west with Marie. I will go north." I commanded. I boosted off in that direction.

"Dixen put images up in the ship to give the people some support that we are here." I said. I needed to give the ship a good morale boost. They were all upset about this morning's attack. I started shooting the ones with a long- range weapon so the could not pick at eh ship.

"Every one hit the long range weapon enemies first. Then go after the guys with hard-hitting weapons. Don't let any near the ship." I said. I blew up five more enemies. I pulled out my large Beam saber and started cutting them in half. I sliced left, right, and left. I jumped and sliced two in a row going threw one and hitting the one behind it. At last I let loose with my machineguns destroying the last of them. My sister told me that more were coming in from the east. I flew to the east and told Melie and Jean to go north as I was flying. Jean let loose with his Heat blaster and flew off with Melie shooting her laser cannons at stragglers before she left. I fired my rocket launcher over and over at the enemy. My sister said the enemy general had arrived and was falling from the sky over the ship.

"Sickel watch out for the rocket! Don't block dodge it!" I yelled on to the COM.

"I copy. I will dodge." He replied.

"I man it. If you block it will kill you." I shouted at him.

"I copy." He said seriously. I blew up the last of them and rushed to help out my team. I told Jean to cover the east. I went full force killing all the enemies around the ship. I then flew as fast as I could to the ship. I landed just in time to see Sickel dodge the rocket. It exploded behind him making him stumble forward.

"I told you to dodge it." I said.

"And with good reason. I think I owe you my life now." He said.

"Save it for later. Let's double-team him. Sis head towards the east and help out Jean." I said. I knew what I was doing and I was proud of it. I still had my two-handed energy blade out so I swung at him. Sickel took advantage of the dodge to fire incendiary missals at him. I was taking the blows he shot at me and returning more that my share. Sickel was shooting missals and lasers at him every time he had a clear shot. We were wearing him down fast. He would strike and I would take the blow to my shield and strike back twice and let Sickel fire at him. In a few minutes of fighting it was obvious that he would lose. I was about to kill him when he jumped back.

"I can't die alone so all of you are going with me. HAHAHAHAHA (maniacal laugh)" he shouted. He suit started to glow. I reacted fast by sending my energy shield satellites to surround him. They took in the blast sending the energy to my systems and I directed the excess to all of my team, Sickel and the ship's systems. Once the light cleared we were all standing in one piece with my shield floating around the point where they guy blew himself up. I was two inches in front of the shield with Dixen's hands on the shield.

"Damn that was close." I sighed.

"Woo Hoo! Yeah Nico!" cried Jean.

"Nice one buddy!" Jean said.

"I am going to take a nap now so if none of you mind. Good Night." I said. I fell asleep in my chair. I was tired. That had been a lot of work. But I did my job. I woke up in my room. I think it was my room. I hadn't checked it out. I rolled out of bed and put on a new change of clothes. I ate some food that had been left for me and I walked out of my room. I walked to the bridge and asked the guy that was there what our status was.

"Well sir first I would like to thank you and your team for saving us. Our status is that we are 90 percent complete. We are finishing the computers and that is all that is left." He said saluting me.

"At ease. I don't like my title. Just say Nico okay? But shouldn't Evie be here? She is a technology expert."

"Well Nico she just left to grab some food for us engineers. We appreciate her kindness a lot sir." He said.

"Alright thanks. I will see you later." I said as I left in search of my team yet again.

"That is it. I am getting us all full communicators that all of us will where." I thought. I saw Evie heading back with a tray of food.

"Evie can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Sure. But I hope it is something I want to do." She evilly grinned.

"Well I don't know what you are thinking and truth be told I don't want to know. But could you make our team communicators?" I asked.

"Yes, almighty commander I here to obey your will oh mighty master." She said sarcastically.

"Maybe I should spend our team's money on buying some. But that would cost a majority of our funds. Maybe 70 or 80 percent." I said out loud.

"I was joking. I will do it. But I have to finish the computers first." She said. "No need to threaten me with my spending money. Give me a few days to come up with something. Oh the thing I was hoping that you would ask is something you should put your mind in the gutter for." She said mysteriously and left laughing to herself.

"What the hell did that mean?" I said. "I never did understand girls." I said as I walked off. I am dumb to what girls mean. So it is my weak point. I will ask my sister about that tomorrow. I left to the hangar to check on Dixen. Dixen had been repaired and the ammo had been replaced. I got cheers and applause from some of the workers because of my efforts. I went back to my room to see a note on the door. Or a few notes really. I now had a mailbox in front of my door. I opened one note. It was from Evie saying that if I figured out what she meant that I could see her about it.

"Okay. Whatever that means." I thought. The next one was from Jet saying that he needed more space for the optional weapons and he wanted me to work on that if possible.

"Ok. I can do that." I thought. The last was from Abby saying she will stop bye again tonight to see how I was doing.

"Well that is easy on my part. More space huh? Well I will work on that now." I thought again. MI went in to my room when what Evie said hit me.

"Oh my god. She does have a sick mind. I'm only fifteen for Christ's sake. Man what does she think about in her spare time." I said. I shivered at the thought of stuff she thinks about. I sat down and worked on the space problem.

"Wait. I have an idea. Maybe…" I started writing and I had an idea. I could make a machine that would fly out to him and connect to him. I made one for each of his weapons. I made them for each machines. That would solve the problem about where to put them. I put the ideas aside so that I could give them to Doc in the morning. The next morning I walked out to Dixen and got in. We were lifting off today and I needed to be outside the ship to lift off. I stood on the top of the ship. I looked around to see the audience around us to see us off. I took out my rocket launcher and leaned on it like you would a sword in front of me. I waved at the audience.

"Nice to see that we have an audience." Sickel said.

"Shouldn't you be at the captains chair?" I asked.

"Not for a while. So I decided to come out here. I heard about the new idea you had. You surprise me more all the time. You came out of a coma two days ago and you act like you didn't miss a beat in your heart." He said.

"Is that a compliment on my ability to heal or my skill?" I asked.

"Both actually. A fifteen year old doing all of this is surprising to say the least but your team is about your age anyway so I can't tell how rare this is." He said.

"I can guess." I said.

"Well I got to go. I will see you in space." He replied.

"Bye." I called to him. I turned on my music so I could relax a bit. I checked the monitors every few seconds to make sure nothing was happening. My sister came out next and started scanning and sending the data to me. I looked at the crowd forming below me. I had an idea. I jumped down to the concrete and walked to the line of people stand at the line. I stopped and opened my cockpit door.

"Hello! It is nice to see so many people here to see us off!" I yelled down. People started waving and looking up. I jumped down off of Dixen to see the line. I was in my uniform. So they saw that I was a pilot. I started shaking hands with the kids and waving at the cameras. I smiled all the time. One reporter came up to me and started asking questions.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"My name is Nico Hisle." I responded cheerfully.

"Where is your commander?" she asked.

"I am the commander of the guards. I protect the ship." I smiled.

"What do you say about the attack on the ship yesterday?" she asked.

"Well the enemy fears that once we take off and start attacking that we will be serious trouble. So they want to stop us before we can attack them by using dirty tricks and attacking us when we are down." I said.

"So are you surprised that you were chosen to guard the ship?" She asked

"Well I have always been told that my skills were very good so I wasn't too surprised when I was asked to train with the Falcon Flyers and then I was transferred to the ship yesterday." I replied. I turned to the audience and yelled out, "We are going to kick some enemy butt!" She turned to the camera and started talking to the camera. I heard beeping from my cockpit so I jumped off the concrete, to one leg, to the other over and over till I got up to the cockpit. I check the radar and saw more enemies where coming. I closed the door and said, "Listen up everyone! The enemy is trying another attack Please take shelter some where safe." I pointed to a shelter a little was off.

"I will slow them down the best I can. Please run!" I yelled through the mike. "Jean I need you to protect them and make sure none of them get hurt. Jet go give him some back up. Evie your with me. Everyone else, stay at the ship and keep them away till the ship lifts off." I lifted my rocket launcher and caught up with Evie.

"Evie I want you to cover me and do nothing else. Please stay close to the ship."

"I can take care of my self." She said defiantly.

"Stay near the ship. You can't fly as fast as I can. Please." I said over the COM. I fired at the enemy that was coming at me. Evie was firing her machine guns at the enemy backing me up but staying in close to the ship.

"Guys we're leaving! Get to the ship!" My sister said. Evie boosted to the ship and got on as Jet and Jean landed. I boosted back and stopped in front of the ship firing at any enemy that came close I destroy all of them as fast as I could.

"Nico hurry up! We are going to leave you behind if you don't hurry up!" Jean said. They were firing at the enemy from long range and were picking some off. I destroyed the last one and shot in to the air.

"Guys get in the ship! The atmosphere will burn through your armor! MOVE!" I yelled at them, "Don't worry I will make it." I said. They got in the ship. I got my energy shield in front of me to form a cone around me. It kept the damage to a minimal amount.

"Dixen how can I make it?"

-Fly under the ship and use it as a shield till we get past the atmosphere. That should slow down the burning-

"Thanks buddy." I flew beneath the ship and expanded my solid shield and put it in front of me to lessen the heat on the cockpit. We left the atmosphere and the heat dropped dramatically. I got into the ship from the outer hatch.

"Well that was close." I said. I parked Dixen at the `Mech bay and got out.

"Whoa man! It is cooking in there." I said as I threw off my shirt to get some air. I was on the ground soaking up the AC.

"Yeah that is more like it. Oh yeah that's so much better." I commented. "Hey Doc! Can you fix him up? He saved my life again." I asked him.

"Yeah no problem. He brought you back. I think he deserves it." He said smiling. I turned to see my team standing there.

"Told you that I would make it." I smiled.

"That was insane, stupid, crazy and further more absolutely idiotic!" Screamed my sister. I rubbed the inside of my ear and said, "I didn't quiet catch that last part." I said smiling.

"You are so dead!" she yelled at me as she started running after me. I ran away for a second then turned suddenly and tripped and caught my sister. She stopped and hugged me tightly.

"You could have died." She whimpered.

"Could have, might have probably should have. I still am right here." I said. Then I got hugs from all the girls.

"Hey I can't breath. I need air." I chocked out. They stopped squeezing. Then Abby came over and shoved me against the wall.

"Yes?" I asked.

"ARE YOU SENILE? YOU COULD HAVE DIED AND LEFT US WITH OUT A WORD. ARE YOU INSANE? TELL ME!!!" She yelled at me.

"Well you're the second person to do that in the last ten minutes. I think I will go deaf soon. No I'm not senile or insane. Yes I could have but I didn't." I replied calmly.

"I want to talk to you later." She said sternly.

"Hey if you want to talk to him get in line girl because we got him first." Evie said.

"Huh?" I said.

"Nico this is what they call a cat fight. My advice is to run away as fast as you can." Jet said. "Well I will go talk to Cathine. While you deal with your girl problem." Jet continued.

"Huh?" I said stupidly.

"Nico those girls like you. They are fighting over you." Jean said in plain English.

"Oh." I said then took off running.

"Hey Nico! Come back here." Evie said.

"You're supposed to come with me!" Abby said. I ran all the way to the boys' bath. I stopped right in the doorway.

"Sorry girls. No woman's land." I said pointing towards the floor.

"What do you mean?" Asked Abby.

"Men's room." I smiled. I turned and went inside. I wiped my forehead and sighed in relief.

"Rest while you can." I thought. Jean came in.

"Are they still there?" I asked.

"Like a pack of hungry wolves. I'd say you're in trouble man." He said.

"I hoped it wouldn't come to this." I said. I got up and went to the sink. I jumped on the counter and unscrew the vent and got in it.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sooner or later they will come in here. So I am getting out of here. Stall for me okay?" I asked.

"What tell them you're on the can?" He asked.

"If it works." I said as I crawled into the vent.

"Things I do to get away from women." I thought to my self. "This has to be a first. I am running away from two beautiful women and I am using the vent to do it." I said. I got out at the next opening. I walked to my room and changed, took a shower and went to the lunchroom. I sat down and the girls got in there. I was sitting next to two girls and I said one thing.

"Listen I would appreciate it if you both acted like you did at the Flying Falcon's base. That way I have some breathing room. Thank you so much caring but it isn't like I'm trying to die." I said cautiously. They thought about it a second and they agreed as long as other girls didn't do the same thing they did. Wouldn't you know it? Kathy came behind me and said that what I did was a stupid stunt and kissed me. SHE KISSED ME. At any other time I might have appreciated it. But now I thought it was a death wish.

"You little *$#%! (Censored)" Evie yelled. We were drawing attention. Obviously.

"Wow strong talk for someone younger than I am." Kathy countered.

"Oh god. Why me? What did I do to deserve this?" I asked.

"Younger? I will show you younger you #$#%@! (Censored)" Evie said. Abby, Evie and Kathy would have gone into a free for all if I hadn't knocked out all three of them.

"Will some one call the infirmary?" I asked out loud. A minute later some medics came in.

"What happened to them?" A medic asked.

"Ask them when they wake up." I said as I helped him put them on stretchers. I watched as they left. I finished my food and left to a cheering applause. I turned and bowed. I left and got in Dixen. Seems like I live there now. I turned on my music and relaxed. I knew that the girls would wonder why I hit them. I pulled up a camera view of what the girls did from a wide screen. I brought the projector that Dixen had and put the movie on it. I waited till the girls came in.

"Hey Nico. Why did you hit us?" Kathy asked, "Even though that took skill. You didn't need to show off."

"You want to why? It's simple. Watch this." I said. I turned on the projector. The video played and showed the girls what they did. When it was over I asked them, "So do you see why I knocked all of you out?"

"Well yeah. We were acting like freaks. Not friends." Said Abby.

"Exactly. So I will be out once I finish working and I will spend time with you so wait patiently. And for god's sake don't try to kill each other." I pleaded.

"We won't." They chorused. Then they left. I finished fine tuning Dixen and I left. I heard snickers behind me. But I swallowed my pried and left. I went to my room to find them sitting there.

"What took you?" Evie asked.

"I… I… How did you three get in my room?" I asked surprised.

"Your sister." Kathy said pointing to the couch.

"Sis, did…Did you have to?" I asked.

"Well they were very convincing. 42…52…62…" She counted.

"They bribed you?" I said as if I was ashamed.

"…80…90…100 smackers, man!" She counted oblivious to me. "Just kidding bro. I was already in here so I let them in." I shook my head. I knew that I was crazy. The week went by with out much difficulty. We were half way to the space base we were supposed to go to. I trained my team in space battles so we won't be caught off guard when they attack. I knew sooner or later they were going to attack. It was Thursday and I was listening to music on Dixen when I got a `ping' on my radar. Well that `ping' turned into `pings'. I turned off my music. I heard it good.

"All pilots to stations! We have incoming!" The speaker said. I was out the door when he said that. I got out my rifle and took aim at the transport ships. I fired one round and blew it up. I stopped and got out my beam saber and extended my shield and sword that was in it. I was prepared for the onslaught. I shoot up and cut two machines in half. I faced the relative down and fired my machine guns at the enemy following me. I always had a different personality when I was fighting. I knew what to do. No mercy. No save or reset. Boom your dead. I stopped and sliced the enemies trying to kill me.

"Is that all you got?" I taunted. I sliced one left then right. I charged and speared one and threw him and another. I spun and threw three grenades hitting the enemies, square in the chest. I flew through the explosions and sliced through two more machines.

"Where is the challenge?" I asked. I sliced and diced spinning an arc of death around me. I dropped down and destroyed the back up ship the enemies had called. It was too easy. I swung slammed through another one.

"Dixen. What is wrong with me? I…I…Can't think…straight…I…th…think some…thing…is…ug…" I stuttered. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" I screamed and screamed/ I felt this rage inside of me come out. I killed every one of them. I didn't know what happened. I regained consciousness in the infirmary.

"You know what? They should turn down those lights. Every time I wake up in one of these places it is always bright." I said.

"Well I can control that. I am sorry but your friends left to repair damages to your suit." The nurse said. "You were out for a couple of hours. I saw you fight. You were very skilled then you stopped and went limp. Then you shot off and killed all the soldiers with out dodging their attacks. They found you unconscious inside Dixen. It landed inside the dock then stopped moving." She said worried. I closed my eyes again.

"Thank you for telling me." I said. I felt very sleepy and went under again. I re-read that book of my memories a few times. I didn't give into the sleepy feeling. I am betting Dixen was badly damaged during the battle. I woke up again and the lights were lower than before.

"That is much better." I sat up and stretched. I looked around and got out of the bed. I put my clothes on and left. I walked to Dixen opened up the cockpit and got in. I started up Dixen. I finished the repairs and took off. I landed on the outside of the ship. I started training. I put the virtual suit on and did punches and kicks. I tested my self I kept. Going till I felt something bubble up in me. I tried my best to control it. I was concentrating and then it clicked. I had released my powers and I controlled it. I started up again. I was moving like lighting. I flipped and punched and moved very fast. I was agile to the extreme. I knew what I was. I knew what the enemy was thinking. I jumped on to the top of the ship aimed with my Beam cannon and fired at the spy satellites. They had been invisible to radar but my power felt their presence. I destroyed all five of them. Now the enemy did not know where we were. Didn't know how we were prepared. And didn't know about me. I got back in the ship. I walked out of Dixen calmly walked to the café and ate my food. I left and went to the bridge. I told them about the satellites. I pointed out a different route to take.

"This should cut our travel time in half." I said bringing up the route, "Also if the enemy know our flight path they could ambush us any where between here and here. Since their satellites are gone they no longer can tell if we leave our current route." I finished.

"That is amazing Nico. How did you find this out?" Sickel asked.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Just trust me." I said.

"All right. I will go with that. Change to the course Nico has pointed out. Pilots on stand by. Gunners to your stations and keep a good eye out for any type of enemy." Sickel commanded.

"Yes sir!" I saluted. I left to get in Dixen. Which I might have done anyway. The course I had selected would probably scare most of the crew. We would be going through a meteor storm. I knew that there was enemies ambush a little ways up so this was the only route that would get us out of here fast. We turned and where going in my direction. I got out of the ship and flew in front of in.

"OMEGA D team out side. Sis I need you to stay in side and give continuous readings. There is a meteor storm ahead. I got point. Jean and Marie flank me. Every one else spread out to deflect the meteors. Do not destroy them or the ship will be pelted with the little rocks that break off." I said. I flew forward and stopped in front. Of the ship I spread out my shield as far as it would go. I punched a meteor that came my way and shot in back down. I kept doing this over and over to all the meteors. Jean was doing the same thing all the rest of the team was coping my moves to deflect the meteors. I saw the rhythm to the meteors and put some music to that and broadcasted it to my team. I started moving them aside with ease. Till I sensed something wrong, two large meteors were about to collide with each other.

"Guys stay here I will be right back." I said as I got out behind the shield as boosted towards the meteors. I got to the two meteors and started pushing them apart. I was boosting full and I only slowed them down.

"Arrgh. This is tough." I strained against the weight. I saw the ship go by.

"Guys I will keep them apart till the ship leaves the area. Keep going!" I yelled.

"Come on Dixen. Don't fail me now." I pushed the power setting to maximum. I could hear the strain of the armor creaking. I grunted with the effort.

"Might as well try the hyper boosters. Of course this will be the first test run of those." I said.

-I will engage them. Hold on-

"Thanks for the warning." I said. I was pushed against my seat as ten times Dixen's weight in thrust was pushed out the wings.

"Ennnhg…that is powerful." I grunted. I started pushing my arms and legs out. I pushed them away far enough that the gravity of the other meteors took hold.

"YYYaaaahhhhh." I screamed as I put my full force at throwing it. "Huff…huff…heave…now I have to get back to the ship." I sweated. I jetted back to the ship. I got back in front to see more asteroids in front of us.

"This isn't my day." I complained. I rocketed to the first and pushed it forward. I went to the next and shoved it down. I pushed two more out of the way before the gravity started to affect the little asteroids. The way cleared and we were out. I landed back on the ship and went in the hatch. I set Dixen down and crawled out. I got on the catwalk and walked to the bath and sat down. I fell asleep right when my head hit the headrest. I rested in the water for who knows how long. But we were five days ahead of schedule. I was beat, and I had muscles hurting in places I didn't think I had muscles. I woke up to see Jet and Jean doing the same thing I was.

"Are the girls mad at me again for saving everyone at the risk of my own life?" I asked wearily.

"Well no and yes." Jet said.

"That means what?" I asked.

"They're mad but they are happy that you are safe." Jean said.

"So are they mad or not?" I asked.

"Yes they are and no the aren't." Jet said.

"Never mind." I said exhausted.

"That was cool what you did. Insane. But cool. Sickel said that he should have been out there to help you." Jean said.

"I will welcome the help. But I would hate myself if he died. Then we would be captain less." I replied. "I don't want to save his butt every time but I will if I have to. Now if you don't mind I'm going back to sleep." I fell back under the blissful sleep. I woke up later looking like a prune. That was my fault entirely. I got out toweled dry and left to go to my room. I only made it two feet out the door of the bathroom. I got hugs from five girls. Just out of curiosity to any of you reading this. Am I the only one who doesn't want this happening to me? Hey I'm a soldier and I could die tomorrow. I don't want to leave crying girls who will miss me. That is the big reason why I never tried to get a girlfriend. I got them all calmed down a minute later. When they put me down I took some deep breaths.

"Don't worry…the only…way…I might…die is…from you…girls…suffocating…me." I gasped out.

"Sorry but we missed you." My sister said.

"Now let me count how many are here right now. 1…2…3…4…5. Five? When did I get so popular?" I asked trying to get my vision straight.

"When you saved us and we realized how much you cared for us." Marie said.

"So my sister, Marie, Evie, Abby and Kathy are here?" I asked, "My vision is blurry from the lack of oxygen so give me a second." I said.

"Yeah your right and we are sorry for hugging you so tight but you really might have died today." Evie said.

"I was fine until I got out of the bath." I said grinning.

"You little. Wait till I pop you one in the skull." My sister said laughing.

"Good at least I'm didn't go totally insane." I said laughing. I walked to the café with the girls following and going to where they needed to go.

"I will see you all later." I said waving. I ate some food. I got free lunch for rescuing the ship again. I smiled and said thank you. I sat down and got compliments for saving the ship.

"I hope you guys told my teammates that." I said smiling. I finished my food and left to check on Dixen. It was in bad shape. I saw cracks in the armor all over the place.

"I amazed it still in one piece. Nico I will keep saying that you have talent." Doc said amazed. "Oh the hyper boosters are successfully tested and they work better than I hoped. Seeing you threw those asteroids away." He said happily.

"Well those boosters saved my life. You know what I put my life on the line a lot. Maybe I should consider a different line of work." I said thinking. I looked at doc and I smiled.

"Nah." We both said. I laughed and left leaving Doc to his work.

"Get some rest. Pilots don't repair their machines." He always said. I went to the bridge to talk to Sickel. I got up there and waved to him.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He asked sternly.

"I needed to save the ship. If those two asteroids were to hit each other the resulting explosion of rocks would have killed us all." I said calmly.

"Just don't do that again." He said frustrated.

"And a nice hello to you to." I said cheerfully, "You know of all people that I will do that again even if you tell me it will kill me so don't try." I said seriously.

"Yeah I know." He said sighing. "But you are right about the route, we are in range of the base as we speak." He said pointing in the distance.

"So should we get outside for the press?" I asked.

"Might as well. All Pilots to your machines, get to the front of the ship now." He said into the Com system. He looked to the former captain. "Is that a wise decision?" He asked.

"Yes. It lets the enemy know we aren't scared of them and boost the moral of the people. So do it." He replied. I left them to discuss the details. I was a pilot and I was ordered to get in my machine and get to the front of my ship. I do my orders to what they say and improvise from then on. I got to the front of the ship and rested on my rocket launcher like I did before. The nanobots took care of the damage that was left. We floated in to range of the base. We got military ships flanking us just in case of an attack. We got into the base and were greeted with cheers and applause. I stepped of and walked to the audience. I opened my cockpit door and walked out. I waved to the people and jumped down to the floor.

"Hello. It is nice to see all of you." I said cheerfully. The same reporter from before rushed forward and started talking to me again.

"Did you make it back to the ship before it left the atmosphere?" she asked.

"Well no I didn't. I just missed it but I stayed underneath the ship to avoid burning up and I got in when we got to space." I replied.

"Wasn't that dangerous?" She asked.

"Well yeah but I made it in. Give me a second and I will ask the captain to see if I can show you the video of it." I contacted Sickel and asked.

"Sure go ahead. Show them how good we are." He replied. I turned to Dixen and hit a button on the console I jumped out as the video was playing. It showed me boosting up after the ship as it started leaving the atmosphere. It played the sound as I told my team to get in the ship. It didn't play the part when I asked Dixen but I let that slide. I saw me boost under the ship with the shield in a cone and protecting the cockpit. It played it all out. When it was finished in stopped and the screen disappeared.

"Well that is basically how I did it." I said calmly.

"Wow any more things like that?" She asked amazed.

"Hold on a second. Hey Captain can I show the more?" I asked into the COM.

"Yeah but only the battles." He replied sternly.

"Yes sir!" I replied. I jumped back in and played the asteroid video. I didn't play the entire battle with the enemies. That would scare most of the people and I didn't want to do that. Instead it showed my team destroying the rest and them helping out at the asteroid thing.

"Well that was all the exciting points of the trip." I said.

"Wow you team is good alright. But why are you always the first one to be doing the things that happened?" She asked.

"Well I spend most of my time in my Armored suit so I am always prepared." I said rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Well there you have it. The warrior's words about what it was like during the trip." She said to the camera. I turned and motioned to my team to come over here. They came over and got out of their machines.

"Looks like the team came out of their machines. What is your name?" She asked Jet.

"My name is Jet Josos." He replied. She went to the next of my team.

"And your name?" she asked.

"Jean Markwind." He replied.

"And your name is?" she asked.

"Heli Hisle, his sister." She said pointing to me.

"And you?" she asked.

"Melie Turno." She responded.

"You?" she asked.

"Marie Winder." Is her reply.

"How about you?" she asked.

"Evie Jacob." Evie replied.

"Quiet a team you have here." She told me. "How old are all of you?" She asked.

"15." Jet said.

"15." Jean said.

"16." Heli said.

"15." Melie said.

"15." Evie said.

"And I'm 15 and a half." I said.

"Wow and you're that good? That is some serious talent. What about your machines, who designed them?" She asked.

"He did." Jean said pointing to me.

"He did." Jet said pointing to me.

"He did." Heli said pointing to me.

"He did." Melie said pointing to me.

"He did." Evie said pointing to me.

"I did." I said.

"Wow how did you do that?" she asked.

"Lots of spare time." I replied laughing.

"Pilots get back to the ship and help unpack. That is an order!" Sickel.

"Yes sir!" I said into the COM.

"It has been nice talking to you." I said as I jumped up to Dixen as I did before. The rest of my team did the same thing. We got in and walked to the storage and picked up stuff and moved it to the compartment bays of our ship. More food and supplies you know the basics. Not much was happening. The reports were getting good angels in front of the ship and talking about it. When we finished Sickel said we had the rest of the day off, but to stay on standby just in case. Jean walked into the view of the cameras and started posing. Melie walked over and hit the back of Orin's head. Then dragged him off. I stood there shaking Dixen's head. I got out. I jumped to the ground and walked to the ship and climbed up on and lied down. I had nothing better to do. I ran back to Dixen and ran back with my CD player to listen to music with. After a half hour the people started moving a way from the ship. Then I got an idea. I went in to the ship and grabbed my bike. One feature about E-bikes is that they have magnets on the wheels to have stay on the track. I got on and turned on the life support for it. When you go mach 2 the air could kill you if you tried to breath, if there is air. I had three hours. I drove of on the bike got on the outside of the base and started riding. I was riding on the outside of the base going 300 or 400 miles per-hour.

"Woo Hoo!" I yelled. I was having fun. A ship flew next to me. I looked at it and saw it was one of the patrol ships.

"Hey captain can you tell the patrol ships that it is your pilot in the bike?" I asked him over the COM.

"I don't even want to know." He said. Five minutes later the patrol ship waved its wings and flew off. I went off a bump but since the magnets were on I went about twenty feet up then came back down. Two hours later I went back in.

"Yeah that was fun." I said.

"Where were you?" Jean asked.

"Oh just outside riding my bike." I said casually.

"You were what?" He looked at me surprised.

"I used the magnates to keep me on the base and I drove around for two hours." I said. I smiled, "You wouldn't believe how fast you can go with no friction." I said.

"You are insane aren't you?" He replied.

"Through and through." I said grinning. "Well I'm heading to the testing area. Wanna come with?" I asked Jean.

"Why not? It's better than sitting here reading the newspaper." He said folding the paper up. We walked to our rooms and got our combat suits on. T-shirt and bullet proof vest. Then elbow pads, wrist pads and headbands to keep the sweat out of our eyes. Of course shorts and sneakers. We ran to the testing facility at the base. We started once the computer said so. We took off running jumping over the obstacles. I held out my hand and we jumped aside as bullets ran by. I looked up and shot the paint ball gun Jean coping my moves. We took out the enemies. Or got them multicolored. We ran passed and continued on. We turned and corner and I fired off more rounds as Jean opened the door. I rolled passed and braised the door while Jean gave me cover fire and jumped passed me. I rolled forward and the door slammed behind me. I got up shooting and I `killed' to more guys. We ran passed while reloading. I finished and turned the corner, jumped and fired bullets at the guys standing at the door. Jean grabbed one pointed the gun and his head and pointed and the panel. He opened the door and jean threw him against the wall. He went down out cold. I ran past him and stopped shooting down two female soldiers shooting at Jean. He leapt over me and landed a kick to the stomach to one of them. The other fell from my paint ball. Jean rolled around the corner and signaled for me to go forward. I got to the end of the hall when doors opened up and soldiers ran out shooting at us. We ducked behind some boxes and started using crossfire to our advantage. We quickly finished them off and ran down the corridor. I tackled the door at the end of the corridor and Jean kicked it down. I fired the last of my bullets and threw my gun at some soldiers. I flipped up and punched two down. Jean fired off his shots taking the rest down. I grabbed my gun and some ammo off the fallen people. I reloaded and sprinted to catch up with Jean. I `killed' a guy that almost shot Jean. I jumped kick him out of the way and worked on opening the door. I opened the door and knocking down the two female guards that were there. I ran forward and tripped a guy, Jean then shoulder tackled him for a cool combo. I slide all the way to the wall and flipped off it. I high-fived him and took off following Jean. We both kicked the last door and shot our way through the last of the soldiers. We opened the door at the end and walked out.

"That was a nice workout." I said.

"Yeah. Too bad we can't find out if the are okay." He said.

"Well they were wearing body armor so the paint balls were not hurting them and I didn't hit them that hard. But the guy you tackled is the one I am worried about." I said taking a deep breath.

"Naw, don't worry about him. I lightly hit in the center off his armor. My momentum carried him to the wall." He said.

"God almighty! Are you guys super human or something?" A cadet asked.

"No. Why?" I asked.

"You did our toughest mission in under five minutes when the best we have ever done is fifteen." He said.

"Cool. What about you Jean? Are you super human?" I asked him.

"Well I don't know but I might be. We are pretty good." He said thinking.

"We might be Nico. For all those who care we are the best." He continued.

"Bow?" I ask him.

"Bow." He confirmed. We turned to our audience and bowed.

"Thank you. Thank you. It was our pleasure." We said.

"What damage did you two do now?" Heli asked.

"Can't we leave two alone for two hours with out destroying something?" Melie asked.

"Well sis we…were only…" I started.

"We didn't kill anything. We just beat a record." Jean stated.

"Oh really? How good were you?" My sister asked.

"Don't even say it Jean. It won't matter they are here to beat it." I said shaking my head. We had done it in four minutes 35 seconds. My sister and Jean went in there and came out 4 minutes and 36 seconds later.

"Wow that was fast." I said.

"We beat you." My sister said.

"Yes girls rule." Melie said.

"Golf clap?" I asked Jean.

"Golf clap." He replied. We did the golf clap for them.

"But I afraid girls you were too slow. We had 4:35 you had 4:36. So we win." I said pointing to the scoreboard.

"Now thank you and thank you." I said bowing with Jean to the girls. I waved and I gave Jean a high five.

"Yeah! We rock!" I cried out. Jean did one of those football dances. We then ran for our lives as the girls chased after us. Jean and I came to a fork in the hallways and I went left and Jean went right. My sister was right behind me.

"Oh you are so going to die!" She yelled at me.

"Only if you catch me!" I yelled back.

"All Mirage personnel please return to the ship. NOW!!" I kept on running but changed my direction. I went down a hall way and saw Jean running towards me.

"Left." He said.

"Mine or yours?" I asked back.

"Mine!" He yelled. We went left and down two hallways to make it to the docking area. I ran and got in Dixen. Jean got in Orion. I started up and ran to the ship. I got in the ship just to be told there are enemies outside by my COM system and Dixen. I boosted outside and pulled out my rifle and fired but they went through the enemies. I stopped.

"Wait." I said. I looked at my radar and shot into empty space. Or it was empty till the enemy blew up.

"They're cloaked." I said to my team. I turned around and looked. I crushed a flash grenade in my hand and it sent out a bright light. I saw five machines blocking the light. I boosted and destroyed two before the light faded and Jean destroyed two more. There was one flying around. The pictures of enemies faded and the last one showed himself.

"I couldn't have known you would figure our strategy out so fast. I will be back." He said. He flew away. I floated for a second then went back to the ship. We took off the next day. We were heading to the front lines. There is a base we need to destroy first. We went to the area. We met up with the forces going to the base.

"Guys. I hate to tell you guys this but we are heading to a large battle soon. We will be attacking the outer Defenses first but we will get there hopefully in a week." I said to the team in the command room. "I know we don't have the hands on experience but I know we can do this." I said encouragingly.

Chapter three

The Warship Inferno

"Good bye Nico?"

I left the team. I knew we where coming to a large battle that could decide the war. I went to my room to work on my special project. I was making plans for space holders in Dixen. I was also making little nanos that would copy the data in machines and allow my to use that data. These were things I was making for Dixen not the rest of them. I knew I needed do to something. Don't ask me how but something in me told me to prepare for the worst. I worked on it fro a while then I left to get some food.

"Pilots to your stations." The announcer Nancy said.

"We must be prepared. Get ready for some fights." Sickel said. I left for Dixen. I got in and turned it on.

"Sis get of the center of the ship and act like a turret and give all pilots readouts on what to do. Guys spread out. Sickel come in." I called out to people.

"Yeah what is it?" He asked.

"You figure it out." I replied. I left the launch bay

"I have been itching to get out of here." He replied. I stood on the top of my ship. I had the plans for stuff in Dixen so I worked on that. Sickel was standing next to me.

"You do know there is a very likely chance that none of your team will come back, right?" He said.

"Yeah but I plan to have my team go back even if it kills me." I said seriously.

"Will it?" He asked.

"……………" I didn't respond. I finished the plans and sent them to Doc. I then contacted the team saying, "This time right now wouldn't hurt to write to your families." I had a message waiting for my family already that I was planning to send before we left for the final battle. Just to make sure I could make it there.

"Sis did you introduce yourself to the pilot commanders?" I asked her.

"Yeah and they all will listed to me just because Sickel is my captain." She said a bit miffed.

"Great. I will be right back." I said and got in the ship. I told doc to install the new stuff. I left and put notes on the door of my teammates. I got back in Dixen as the mods were completed.

"Hey doc! Thanks for everything." I called out. I boosted out. I landed back on the ship and waited. I told none of my team to go into the ship unless it was a dire emergency. Then we got the satellite our team was supposed to attack. The basic idea to the plan that the commanders had was that a force would go to each satellite and attack it on command. We would attack all the satellites and get to the base before they had too much time to react.

"All right team. It's been fun." I thought. I boosted down on command and pulled out my beam cannon. I fired a charged shot at the satellite. I blew up most of it. I fired normal shots killing my enemies fast. My teammates were at other satellites so they couldn't stop me when I went to the large base.

"Nico! Where are you going?" My sister called to me.

"It has been fun Sis." I said back and turned off my COM. I powered up all systems to max and released my power.

"Sis do me one favor. Broad cast this to all of the colonies and planets." I said the turned the COM off. I shot off to the base. I pulled out my laser rifle and I used my other hand to use my rocket launcher. I shot down everything in my path. I never stopped. I went through and landed on the base shooting down the generators and communications. I fired till I was out of ammo. Then I brought out my flamethrower. I released that all over the place letting the fire help with the destruction and confusion. I knew what was going to happen before it did happen. I put away my flamethrower and brought the energy shield's lasers out. I had those destroy the rest of the suits around me then I walked to the elevator. My team landed behind me. I kept on walking.

"Guys. I need to ask you a favor." I said as they got on the elevator with me.

"Sure you name it but before you do. Please tell us what your doing." Evie almost cried.

"I will but answer me this. What was it like to have me around?" I asked.

"It was fun." She answered.

"That's what I thought. Now for my favor." I stepped off the elevator. I turned to see my team. I memorized the looks of the machines.

"Don't die here. Get out as fast as possible." I said then hit the switch for the elevator to go up. The door closed and I used my heat laser so they couldn't open the elevator on the side they needed to get back to me.

"Good bye friends." I said then turned. I walked down the hall to the power generator.

Back in the elevator:

"No he can't go!" Evie cried.

"Nico what are you doing?" Jean silently asked.

"Melie do you know what Nico is doing?" Jet asked.

"The only thing down there is the power generator…" she started then burst out crying.

"We need to get out of here now!" Jean said. The door opened and he pulled out Melie and Evie. "I don't want to do this anymore than the rest of you but he asked me to do him a favor. I am sticking to that." He said taking off.

"Heli! Tell all the soldiers that the power generator is going to blow!" Marie called out.

"Why?" she asked frightened. "The only way that would happened is if someone put it into meltdown… He isn't. He can't! Go stop him!!" She yelled back.

"Just tell them!" Jet yelled. Sickel flew right by him.

"Sickel come back!" Jean called out.

"I made a promise to some one that I wouldn't let the kid die." He said as he flew down to the base.

At the generator:

"I never thought it would end like this." I said. I had copied the data from everyone already when they got in the elevator. It should give me enough time to get out before it blew. I turned on the COM.

"Sickel I have no intention of dieing. Destroy the elevator and leave. I will be right behind you. I have all the abilities of all of you. I can handle myself." I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes. I have never been surer." I replied.

"Okay." He said reluctantly. I went to the control panel and typed in the codes for meltdown but before I hit the enter key I almost lost my head. I jumped back to see a large suit.

"I never thought you would get in here. I underestimated you too much. I should have killed you at the arena." He said.

"Well I am sorry but you aren't going to kill me." I replied.

"What about the generator? I destroyed the control panel. You can't leave and destroy it at the same time." He taunted.

"So I will destroy it and leave then." I replied knowing full well that nothing stood up to a 400-megaton blast. He swung at me and I jumped back. I pilled out my beam sword and prepared to fight him. Maybe I won't come back.

"Dixen give me all the help you can in winning this one." I told him. The virtual suit came on and all the specs came u on him and a detailed analysis about what I had and he had. I went into my fighting stance. I swung and feinted three times and struck him in the arm.

"Seems like Dixen has helped you along. But let's see how you handle the Dark Dixen!" He said. The shielding that he was behind fell off him to reveal Dixen. Only black all his weapons looked better than mine.

"Well you may have Dixen better but one thing you forgot to take into account. With that much power you lack on something and that is my talent." I said to him. I jumped up, struck the head and kicked him the chest. I landed sweeping my foot around and tripping him. He double kicked me in the chest before he landed.

"Good but not good enough." He said.

"Same to you." I replied. I dodged his rockets and rolled to the side. I sliced the side of the generator to start releasing energy in to the air. I noticed that his power decreased a little. Then I knew where his power was coming from. He was taking energy from the base and putting in directly into his system. I sliced the power core again and then leapt over it to stab his beam cannon. I didn't break it off but I opened it.

"Haha missed me. Now it's time to show you what a full beam cannon shot can do." He laughed.

"I wouldn't do that." I warned. He fired. My shield soaked up the energy and his beam cannon exploded in his hands causing damage to him but healing me. I lunged at him with my beam sword and was sent backwards as he repelled me with his sword. I fired my trusty machine guns. I fired for a few seconds till I was out of ammo. I threw my last grenade at him and his shield blocked it. I dashed forward and ducked as he swung at me. I brought my sword up in a tornado spin. I hit him hard he flew back, I didn't let up. I jumped up and cut his arm. I swung around and sliced across his legs. I would have gotten rid of his arm and legs if he had not jumped back.

"You will not beat me!" He cried.

"Well looks like you are losing." I said back. I pulled out my sword in my shield and went two handed swinging. I brought my energy sword up and I sliced across with my combat knife. I was beating him down. I jumped back launching my energy missals. I landed and brought my energy cannon to bear on him.

"Any last words?" I asked.

"You will die. More will come." He said full of hate.

"I know." I said calmly and fired. He blew up. I turned and walked to the power core.

"Well this was fun." I said.

-Yes it was friend. What shall we do? - Dixen asked.

"We need to destroy this. But I will miss my friends. It's too bad we can't get back."

-You can-

"Not with out you. I know what your thinking. You saved me too many times. I will not sacrifice you just to save me. Again" I replied sternly.

-I am a weapon. I have no actual life, you do. But if you insist there is another way. But it is insane and life threatening-

"When have you known me to do the sensible thing?" I said smiling.

-Take the shock gun and place it on the power core. Then run for it-

"Okay." I said. I turned and put the gun there and flew back as fast as I can. I was going as fast as I can. The shock gun started to activate sending a pulse of electricity through the power core. It ignited. I shot up the elevator as fast as I could. I dropped the extra shells I had. I pulled out my buster sword and started swiping at the debris in front of me. I engaged the hyper boosters sending me flying out of the shaft. I got as high as I would go then turned and pulled out the Beam cannon.

"Good riddance!" I shouted as I fired a maximum blast pumped full of my power. It hit the surface and started burning deep into the core. The 400-megaton blast exploded. I was still firing when it reached me. I saw a blinding light.

In the ship:

"He did it." Sickel thought. "But did he survive the blast. He stopped it from reaching the ships by shooting at it. But he was caught in the blast."

"Did he make it?" Heli asked on the verge of tears.

"I…I don't know. He is the best and always will be." I consoled her. I thought for a second. He said he didn't plan on dying. Something must have gone wrong.

"Jean. You know him best, what was he trying to do?" I asked him.

"Sickel, I don't know what he exactly did but he was planning on blowing up the core. I think he was setting it to melt down then planning on running to get out before it imploded. But something went wrong. I think something happened to the control panel before he finished. So he blew it up." Jean said. They all looked like hell. I do too but I only fired at ones that came to the ship. I couldn't think of anything to say to these people. They knew him since school last year. But to them it has been like twenty years from this war. They shouldn't have come here. I looked out at the blackening space. The blast had subsided. I didn't see anything more than pieces of metal and space debris. I saw a glint of metal.

"There I see something." I said magnifying the image. I saw a piece of his arm. I looked around in the image but there was a large piece of metal blocking my view.

"Move the ship forward and left 10 degrees." I commanded. I saw it. Dixen or what was left of it. It looked like scrap.

"Someone see if you can contact it." I said.

Out in space:

"Ouch." I said. "That was definitely stupid. Hey buddy you up?"

-We survived the blast. But we will only have life support for ten more minutes. I am sorry-

"You did your best. Try to get a hold of the ship. If you can." I asked.

-I can't respond. They are contacting us. What should we do? -

"Play the music. Crank the volume." I said.

-Yes. Take deep breaths and make them last-

On the ship Mirage:

"Sir there is some vibration coming from Dixen. They seem like music." An operator said.

"Go pick up the machine he is alive! Get him fast! I see air leaking." I yelled at them.

"Jean!" I said.

"On it." He said out the door. I did not want to lose pilots on my first job of being captain. He is alive I don't know for how long but he is alive. We moved there fast.

In Dixen:

-Orion is approaching-

"Good" I say. I am starting to lose consciousness.

-Hold on friend. Please hold on-

I lost consciousness.

Ship:

Come on Jean. I thought. He grabbed Dixen and got him in the docking bay. He ripped off the door to the cockpit. I see Nico lying unconscious. Or worse he's dead. I saw movement.

"Sir Nico is alive." Jean responds sighing in relief. Jean got out and got him on a stretcher. They got him to the infirmary.

"Thank god." I say as I collapse in my chair.

Infirmary:

Oh I'm in the dark again? Great. Just great. All that hard work and I am stuck here again. But I won. Grin I won. Well I got to accept that maybe. Maybe this time I won't get up. But I'm not settling down. I will stay right here if I have to. I can't hear my music. That must mean I am out of Dixen. I wonder what happened to him? I could tell we were in bad shape. I hope doc fixes him. I should polish him when I get up. I should do that. But now I will rest until I am needed. Awww it's getting lighter. Damn I was hoping to rest up.

I opened my eyes.

"Ow." I said. I looked around to see that no one was here. I saw a lot of machinery around me.

"Was I that bad?" I wondered. I pulled out the stuff in me and got up. I felt fine.

"Well I didn't lose my power." I thought. I walked to the couch where my clothes were. I changed and left the room. I got in to my room showered and changed. I grabbed some food for my empty stomach and went outside. I got on my bike and coasted out of the garage. I wondered what planet I am on. I thought for a while. I rode my bike to the top of the ship. I relaxed and turned on some music. I switched to the radio.

"The pilots of the Mirage are at the stadium today. But Nico Hisle is in a coma from destroying the base." I turned it off. I looked around. I saw the stadium. I rode my bike to the back entrance.

"Sorry kid no one except pilots from the Mirage in. Since all of them are in there you can't go in." The guard said.

"Not all of them. If you listened to the radio it told you that one was in a coma. Well I woke up and I need to talk to my teammates." I said.

"Oh yeah? What was your machine?" He asked.

"Dixen. I am Nico Hisle captain of the guards for the Mirage. The team is call the OMEGA D team form the names of our machines and I would appreciate it if you would move." I said.

"Just one more question. What is the attack you used to destroy the base?"

"That's simple. I used a maximum powered Beam cannon shot adding my own Master Newtype powers to that the counter act the explosion." I said.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. Nico right this way. I am a huge fan." The guard said leading me in. I followed him in to the backstage area.

"Now this award we are going to present to Nico. But seeing as he is a situation at the moment I will give this to him when he wakes up." The announcer said.

"Excuse me sir!" I yelled.

"Huh? Who said that?" he said.

"Over here." I ran out on stage behind my team. "I believe that is my award." I said.

"Nico?" My sister said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"But you were in a deep coma. We thought you wouldn't wake up for months." Jean said.

"What and let all of you get the glory?" I asked.

"Ladies and gentlemen Nico has arrived!" The announcer said as he gave me my medal. A loud cheer went through the crowd.

"Say a few words." The announcer told me.

"Well I guess fighting hurts." I said into the mike. "To tell you the truth that was the craziest thing I have ever done. You could ask my team here and be surprised at what stupid and crazy things I have done. I actually didn't think that I was going to live through the battle." I said a few more things and the audience cheered. I turned to my team.

"So what's next?" I asked. My sister and Evie ran to me but Marie had gotten there first. I got three large hugs. I saw Abby and Kathy back stage and they ran out. Here I was getting the life squeezed out of me by five girls. They let me go and then stood next to me in line. I wasn't in uniform but no one cared.

"Nico many fans here were wondering if you could show your skill by testing your strength against one of our guards. Do you feel up to it?" He asked me.

"Um, I guess so but I don't want to hurt anyone." I said.

"Don't worry they are trained to go through this." The announcer said.

"I hope so." I said. Of all people Biff walked out.

"Hello Biff! Nice to see you. It has been a year hasn't it?" I said to him. I stuck out my hand. He shook it a bit tighter than I think he should have.

"I have been waiting for this." He said. I fought him I won't go into how but I did. I whipped him good to. That was the last day of the exciting year. I had fun. Till next time!

OMEGA D team Rules!

Oh yeah we won the war. Isn't life great?