Fan Fiction ❯ Djinn: Forgotten Tales ❯ Fatefull Meeting? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: Please ignore the crappy title^.^;; it was the best I could do… and yes! This is a genie story! But I'm screwing around a lot so hopefully I'll be able to make it interesting!!

 

Disclaimer: HAH! NO Disclaimer!! Why you ask? Because this is an original story!! OH! PWNZED!!!

 

 

 

Djinn: Forgotten Tales

 

~*~*~

 

 

In the window of a huge Arabian castle a young man stood tiredly. His dark brown eyes were lidded with sadness and he let out a sigh as he removed the jewelry from his sandy brown hair, mussing it about angrily and turning to face a man who was standing in the middle of the room.

"Why must I marry this princess? She doesn't care about me at all… you know that"

He said to his father angrily.

 

"Keris, you were never really our son… you weren't properly bound to this land! But we still had you as the heir!

Now we need you to wed a woman who will make this land prosperous!"

 

Keris glared at him weakly, but really he found no point and instead walked past his father and out into a large corridor.

"I know I'm not your son," He said quietly to himself "my appearance gives that away… but still, she's so cruel father!"

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

-THUD-

A body dropped to the ground loudly and a small groan could be heard. The figure of a woman rose shakily to her feet, her eyes were wide and her breath came out in ragged gasps.

"I got away," She whispered excitedly. "I got away and he can't get me now! He doesn't have it anymore"

Her voice was strained with panic and false hope, her body racked with a shiver and she let out a small whimper of pain.

A torn cape was wrapped tightly around her, but one could see her bare feet, and what looked like what were once exotic red robes hang down to her ankles.

Her skin was sickly pale and marred with cuts and bruises, and her thick black hair fell around her in knots and tangles.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Forget it! I'm leaving! If my father is going to use adopting me  as an excuse to get me to marry that… that SADIST then I've no reason to stay here!

Keris walked through a lovely garden and nodded politely to a guard. I'm far from prepared to escape, but if I could just spend a DAY outside these walls then I might be able to retain my sanity.

"This is the only way out" He murmured to himself, the guard gave him an odd look and he just smiled and approached him. "Excuse me sir, could I see that sword you have there? It's very lovely"

 

The guard returned his smile and lifted up his sword. "You think so? My brother made it for me… here you can hold it, just be careful milord" Keris nodded politely and took the sword, then with a swift hit to the back of the head the guard dropped to the ground unconscious. "Yeah it's a lovely sword, thanks!" Then he laid the sword down next to him and turned to a rather large tree. Yes… perfect.

He hoisted himself up onto the tree and using that to get at a ledge on the wall, reaching into the little cracks he climbed up higher and higher.

Just a little farther…

Once Keris was high enough he reached up and groped around for a handle, then cringed when a piece of wall broke off and knocked him on the head.

"Ow…"

He groaned and pulled himself up onto the top of the wall.

"Hey! Who's there?!

Keris let out a startled gasp when he heard a group of guards coming his way.

This is it

With a deep breath he closed his eyes and jumped off the wall, hitting the ground with a painful sounding -CRACK­-

His eyes went wide for a moment, but soon fell shut… and everything went black.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

The woman stopped suddenly. A soul was falling from someone's body and the feeling hit her hard.

"I… have to help,"

She said to herself weakly.

"It is my obligation…"

She continued to mutter things to herself as she walked down the street, and then stopped when she realized she was headed for the castle.

There?

 

She began to run as fast as her body would let her. Panic distracted her from her aching limbs and her screaming wounds, and when she finally arrived at the scene her eyes widened in shock and she stared at the crumpled body before her. Quickly she was by his side, she carefully ran her hands along his body, checking to see if he had any broken bones.

"Horrible… his spine's broken… and so are a few of his ribs! It also looks like his shoulder is dislocated…"

She bit her lip nervously and stared up at his unconscious face.

 

"If only-" She cut herself off and closed her eyes sadly, then after setting a determined look on her face she returned her attention to the man.

I don't need medicine to heal him.

"Here goes nothing"

A faint glow could be seen coming from inside of her throat, she opened her mouth widely and out of it trailed multiple golden threads that pooled into her hands.

Wrapping the ends around her fingers she parted his lips and forced her way into his mouth, touching the back of his throat with her fingers and before he could gag extracting them quickly. However, the strings that came from her mouth had now gone into his, and both of them had a faint glow about them.

After a moment she began to shake, and her eyes clenched shut. Without a wish… it's so hard

Even thinking was a task at the moment, all of her energy had to be focused on giving her energy to him so she could heal his broken bones.

A little while later and she let out a gasp, the strings retracted back into her quickly and she took deep breaths to try and situate herself.

The man groaned and she looked down at him startled.

He's awake.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Keris groaned and slowly forced his eyes open.

His mouth was open and he was just about to let out a complaint when he realized that starring down at him was one of the most exotic women he'd ever seen.

What beautiful black eyes you have.  His thoughts were charming, but all he managed to say was;

"Nyuh…?"

 

She just kept staring at him.  Her eyes were slightly glazed, but they were also wide with expectance.  Her lips were parted and her breath was labored.  Her cape was now fallen and she was revealed to be wearing a dress that once looked as if it were made of the finest red silks, the collar was gold… and literally was a collar, and there was also a gold band around her waist, and her wrists as well.

Her skin is so odd… it's tan but… nothing like mine! What kind of creature is she?

He stared at her as well and slowly sat up, but once again he paused.  Sat up…? Sat up…oh!

"I'm healed!"

 

The creature couldn't help but laugh, but she cringed and gripped her waist.

"I am glad you are well sir" She did her best to bow, then gathered up her cape and slowly stood.

Before she could turn and leave however, Keris had grabbed her wrist and accidentally pulled her back.

 

"My name is Prince Keris, who are you and where are you from?" He missed her wince, and she turned to face him.

Doing her best to bow while he held her, she did so and introduced herself.

"My name is Kyôko… I have no title"

Kyôko… what on odd name…

"Kyôko, will you allow me to give thanks by inviting you inside the castle?"

She frowned and took a step back. "I'm sorry but… I must decline"

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

It's too dangerous, what if he found me there?

Kyôko's eyes squeezed shut suddenly when she was hit with a wave of dizziness.

This is too much; I shouldn't have used so much energy. "I- I'm sorry… please I must…"

 

"No! Really, please come inside. You are wounded and you need assistance"

'Besides, I must know how she managed to heal me, I FELT bones brake'

 

She shook her head quickly and was going to say no, but the action hadn't helped how dizzy she was, so instead her eyes shut and she fell to the ground.

 

 

W00t! End of the first chapter! I wrote this on a whim when I found an ooooooooolllddd Sailor Moon fic I had been working on (see you know it's old when it's Sailor Moon… in my case anyway) And I thought it was half descent so I redid it with original characters, and I had completely forgotten the old plot so it wasn't hard to work around THAT either^.^;; Anyway, I hope you all like it! I plan to introduce this infamous sadist fiancé of Keris's, as well as some other charries.

Ohhh and mysterious! Who is this dude that Kyôko keeps mentioning? Well Hopefully I'll get some reviews! They'll motivate me to stop procrastinating and get on the next chapter! (If we're lucky that one will be longer)