Fan Fiction ❯ Double Feature: Arachner: Beginnings and Robin: Beginnings ❯ The Genisis of Legends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Acen: Yo! I've decided to take up writing again, and to start anew. And now, my muse: Samus Aran!
 
Samus: Yeah, yeah. *whispering* Like this is going to be any better. *out loud* Acen does not own Metroid, Spider-man concepts, or any elements from the adventure series Robin, due to come out in a number of years.
 
*Quote of the Day*
 
A sermon should have a good beginning and a good ending. And they should be as close together as possible.
-George Burns
*End Quote*
 
Now, let's get started!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The school halls were quiet.
 
Too quiet.
 
Maybe because it's five minutes until the bell.
 
Even so, Acen Battol was about, returning from an errand for one of the teachers. As he rounded the corner, he stopped to watch. Three guys had surrounded one of the freshmen. Acen knew who these guys were, and what they were doing.
 
One of them closed in on the kid, holding something out to him. “Want a hit?” he asked.
 
“I don't think so,” announced Acen, revealing his presence.
 
“Easy there,” Thug two said. “We ain't askin' you, we're askin' him. So back off!”
 
“I don't think so.”
 
“Yer askin' fer it, buddy!” Thug three ran forward, lunging with his fist. Acen caught it effortlessly.
 
“Who's asking for it, again?” Acen threw the thug away, and he was slammed into a locker, and crumpled to the floor.
 
By now, the bell had rung and a crowd had gathered. “Anybody else want to try?” he asked the remaining two, who then ran down the hall. “Didn't think so.”
 
Everybody started cheering, it was like a dream.
 
Like a dream.
 
BBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
The final bell had rung! Everybody started running for their classes.
 
Wait a minute…
-------------------
 
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
That wasn't the school bell!
 
Acen jumped out of bed and dressed in a hurry, then zoomed out the door.
 
--------
Late. Again.
 
I've got to get a new alarm, Acen thought.
 
“So, where's our money, punk?!”
 
Acen jumped, then relaxed. The voice wasn't aimed at him. He looked around, and a single thug was towering over one of the weaker students.
 
Why do I always have to do this? Acen thought as he approached them. “You know, you shouldn't pick on guys smaller then you. It's cowardly to attack when your victim can't fight back.”
 
The thug turned to Acen, and got right in his face. “That so, puny?”
 
Now, Acen was NOT on the small side, but this guy was a steroid balloon.
 
“Y-Yeah, in fact, in some cultures, it's considered to be-“
 
POW
 
----------
 
“Why do you have to do that EVERY time?”
 
“I don't know!” Acen proclaimed, clutching his black eye. He and his best friend, Alex Schiel, were walking down the hall, dodging oncoming traffic.
 
“You know what I think, you read too many medieval fantasy books as a child, all that chivalry and such.”
 
“I read two, maybe three!”
 
“Okay, okay. But still, self-preservation, buddy! Ya gotta try it one of these days.”
 
“Maybe.”
 
---------------
 
Acen was walking home as usual, thinking about what Alex said. “Maybe I should be a little more careful.” He stopped in his tracks. He saw that he had no chance to evade the scorpion that had seemed to pop out of nowhere.
 
Well, so much for that idea, was the last thought that went through Acen's mind before,
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh…”
 
-----------------
 
Acen quietly shut the door behind him, and half-snuck, half-staggered up to his room, and quickly locked himself in.
 
He didn't feel right.
 
Because he felt normal.
 
For the first time, he didn't feel weak. Or like a loser. Still, he knew he was one, but for some reason, he felt drained… but not physically. Emotionally. He had to rest… sleep…
 
------------------
 
Blackness.
 
The next time Acen was aware, that is what he felt. But then, a brilliant light eradicated the darkness except for a shadow that was in the corner of the… `room'?
 
The shadow evolved, enveloping the entire space, till there was no light. To Acen's surprise, he saw himself in the middle of the area. This Acen's arms shot forward, and the darkness receded into nothingness, as light returned.
 
A voice rang out, “And the Scorpinox will defeat the Shadows”
 
Then nothing.
 
---------------------
 
Acen woke up feeling refreshed, like he could take on any and every body.
 
Which was weird.
 
And Acen felt like this when the thug from the day before tried to beat the living daylights out of him. After the `talking-to' that Acen gave him, he decided to beat him up daily for a week.
 
“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” His voice told the thug and his henchmen that he meant it.
 
The lead thug pulled Acen off the ground by his collar. (which wasn't an easy task, Acen's 6'2”, but as previously mentioned, this guy was a steroid balloon.)
 
“And what if I did?”
 
“This.”
 
The thug dropped Acen and slid back twenty feet, clutching his stomach. Acen stared in amazement at his clenched fist. The thug growled through gritted teeth, “I don't know how you did that, but you ain't doin' it again.”
 
Suddenly, a steroid-thug had a hold of each of his arms, and Acen saw two thugs walk in holding Alex. From down the hall, Lead Thug drew out a pistol and aimed it at Acen's chest. “Let's see you beat me now.”
 
“Okay.”
 
A tickling sensation had overtaken Acen's wrists and lower back; and as if by instinct he swung his arm upward, and the bullet from the pistol ricocheted into a locker. The thug staggered backward. “W-What the heck?” was all he could stutter.
 
And with just cause, as he saw the school wuss standing with gigantic scorpion claws instead of hands and a huge scorpion tail sprouting from his lower back.
 
“Little hint. From now on, don't mess with me.” Acen slammed one claw onto the ground, and tiles of the floor flew up, hitting the thug and knocked him out.
 
Needless to say, Lead Thug's minions had dropped Alex and ran as soon as the claws showed up. Alex now stared in shock, his mouth agape.
 
Acen's claws and tail shrank into his body, and he thought, I am no longer the wimp. I… am… Arachner.
 
-------------------
 
Acen: Part one of the origins done. And this, I think, is much better than the original version, My Weird Life. But please, tell me what you think. Suggestions highly appreciated! (But no flames, got it? Constructive criticism accepted)
 
Next chapter preview: Alex may have found the reason for the transformation. But, will Arachner survive long enough to find out?
 
Now, what's Robin, you ask? Well, it's a comic book series that my brother is working on. And it's pretty good if you ask me. The art needs some work, but he made a killer story. I plan to use the series in the Arachner chronicles.
 
But, I figure, to do that, I need to show what Robin is all about. Thus, a typed dramatization of a section of Robin will follow my chapters. Ahem:
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Section 1: Background
 
(A summary of the history behind the story, actual dramatization to take place next time. These are the author's exact words, so spelling and grammar are not my fault.)
 
-
Once, on planets far away, there was a great empire spanning many planets. It was ruled by Empresses, and the occasional emporor. The first Empress was a tyrant, and made many unchangable-for-ever laws that suited her but were totally tyrannical. The last tradition she made was that an Empress-to-be was to be given 5 demension flowers. These would make her, in a way, imortal. After 500 years, she was to step down, and let the next empress replace her.
 
One empress, after 479 years, got frustrated, and ran away. She was weak, however, and would have been killed by beasts if it wasn't for one man: Rinoen. (A/N: pronounced Rin-OWN) His martial arts skills saved her several times. The two fell in love after 6 months of traveling. They returned to her palace and were married. All would have been okay, if the power-hungry grand chanselor hadn't framed Rinoen for a horrible crime that got him banished. The Empress was then extremely lonely. However, Rinoen had given her something to ease her (A/N: emotional) pain: a baby.
 
In 8