Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Fire ❯ Discoveries ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 2

"Status?" Commander Aso asked as he entered the "War Room" of G-force. He sat down in his chair and looked toward the large viewscreen in front of the room. It currently showed a map of Japan, with two blips off the coast of Kobe. Both blips had a line leading off them to one side and listed their identification. One was marked 'G', but the other was only marked with a '?'. That was never a good sign, Aso thought to himself.
Kenichi Yamane looked up from his console. "Super X-3 is 5 minutes away from launch, estimated time to intercept is 15 minutes."
"Any idea what that second target is?" Aso asked.
"No, sir, its not anything we've encountered before," Yamane stated.
Aso frowned, "Evacuation status of near by cities?"
"The crews are moving as fast as they can, but its still going to take a while, sir," Yamane said.
Aso cursed softly under his breath. "I want visuals of that new creature as soon as possible."

Vissor let out a metallic roar, challenging the approaching leviathan. "If you're skills are worthy enough, creature, you might make an excellent lackey," Omnious said aloud. "Computer, switch controls to Battle Protocol." The onboard computer beeped in acknowledgment. "Target the creature and fire eye beams."
Godzilla roared in surprise as the new creature suddenly unleashed an attack. Vissor's eyes glowed with power as they fired off twin energy beams. The beams slammed into Godzilla, sending chunks of flesh flying off his body. The monster staggered backwards from the blast, his G-Cells already going to work at regeneration.
"Interesting," Omnious said to himself as he watched the wound already start to heal. He jerked back in surprise as a blue ray of energy erupted from Godzilla's mouth, and slammed into Vissor's head. "Damage report!" The screen in front of him split to show a status screen in one corner. "Minimal damage to heat shielding, excellent." He gripped the controls once more, and began to move Vissor forward.
Godzilla snarled and unleashed his Atomic Ray on the robot once more as it began to approach. It was having little effect. Could this be another creation by the human creatures, similar to the ones used against his father? This might prove challenging. Godzilla's head jerked to one side as Vissor began punching him repeatedly in the face. He staggered backward under the assault, grunting in frustration at the robot's speed. The blows did hurt, but they were serving merely to make Godzilla angrier. He reached up and caught Vissor's fists with his claws, and growled at the robot. Godzilla gripped the robot's hands tightly and began to push it back slowly.
"Good, you have the brawn to back up your image, creature, very good indeed," Omnious said softly. He looked over some readouts on a side panel. "I believe I've collected enough data from the scans, now let's bring it up a notch, creature. All head weapons, fire!" Vissor roared and unleashed a volley of energy blasts from its eyes and mouth.
Godzilla cried out in pain as they struck him, losing his grip on the robot and staggering back once more. He grunted, stepping back some. This new robot packed a powerful punch, his G-Cells were having to work harder than they ever had to before just to recover from the blasts.

"Sir, the Super X-3 is within camera range," Yamane said.
"Bring it up on screen," Aso stated. He watched as the view screen changed to show the ocean, with Godzilla and Vissor visible in the distance. "What the hell is that thing?"
"Unknown, but its definitely not making any friends with Godzilla," Yamane stated as Vissor unleashed another energy assault on Godzilla. "I'm not really sure who we should be cheering for here."
Aso watched with interest, then his eyes widened. "Wait, that robot looks similar to the one in Saegusa's visions. If that's the case, we might be better off assisting Godzilla in this one."
"That'd be a twist," Yamane said softly to himself.

Omnious looked off to the side, catching sight of the Super X-3. His attack let up for a few seconds; long enough for him to miss the sight of Godzilla's dorsal plates begin to glow a blood red color. He turned back toward Godzilla in time to see the monster unleash a spiraling red and yellow beam of energy from point blank range. Vissor shook violently upon impact, sparks erupting from various consoles on the bridge. Omnious cursed loudly as all power to the left arm was lost. The damage report was showing the beam had ripped clean through Vissor's left shoulder, leaving a large gaping hole in the frame.
"So there's more to you than it seems, creature," he said angrily. "Fine then, we shall simply continue this another time." He began inputting commands into the main console.
Godzilla roared in anger as the robot lifted out of the water, and took the air. He watched the machine change back into its ship-mode, and vanished up in the clouds. Next time, it will be more than the loss of your arm, Godzilla thought to himself. The monster growled and then dove under water, heading away from Kobe once more.

"Godzilla's heading back out to sea," Yamane said as the scans appeared in the lower right corner of the viewscreen. "Orders?"
"Send the Super X-3 to assist in any way possible at Kobe," Aso ordered. "We'll remain on full alert status until further notice. I want to be notified the moment Godzilla or that robot show up within 100 miles of any populated area."
"Yes, sir," Yamane replied.
Aso stood up and began to leave the room. Hopefully, Aoki would have those reports soon from Angel Grove.

"Mothra Memorial Museum," Tommy read as he translated the writing on the sign. It was at this moment as he stood in Tokyo that Tommy realized Billy had been right, taking some foreign language courses did come in handy. He looked at the sheet he had managed to print out at the Power Chamber, showing the last known location of the Dragon Coin. He walked into the museum, and began looking at the directory of exhibits.
"Hmm, 'Ancient Coins', that sounds like a good place to start," he said to himself. He made his way through the museum, finally reaching the exhibit. As Tommy stepped into the room it felt like a wave of some sort passed through him. He had to brace himself against one of the walls, as he rubbed his eyes. He could feel his connection to the Dragonzord grow stronger, the coin had to be close by. He glanced around the room, there were to many people around, he'd have to wait till there weren't as many there before he could really start to search. Tommy wandered around the museum till night fell. He watched as the crowds began to thin, a few less people and he could start looking.

Miki paused as she walked past the museum. She looked toward the building curiously. Something in her mind was telling her to go in and check things out. She thought for a few moments, then began to walk inside. She made her way through the museum, eventually coming across the coin exhibit room. She stopped and looked in, seeing only one person inside, a foreigner at that. Something was wrong here, she could feel another presence in the room, but where was it coming from?

Tommy cautiously advanced toward the display case near the center of the room. As he approached, a bright green light began to shine through the glass. He looked in the case, seeing the Dragon Coin resting in the center of the display. The description underneath it said it had been a gift of peace to a group of travelers who had came to Angel Grove years ago. At this point, Tommy didn't care how it got here. He stared at the coin, the green glow still shining across the room. His look of awe soon turned into one of anger though.
Miki blinked, what was going on? Who WAS this man, and why was that coin glowing? She could sense a connection between the man and the coin. It was similar to the one she had shared with Godzilla, and now with Junior, but stronger. Miki jerked back in surprise as the man suddenly yelled in frustration.
"Why the hell can't you just leave me alone?!" Tommy yelled at the coin. He didn't care if it couldn't respond; he'd been keeping this in for to long. "I gave up being a Ranger to get away from you, so just stop, OK?" He shook a finger accusingly at the coin; "You're doing this just to torture me. You just don't want me to be able to live a normal life!" The coin just continued to glow.
Miki watched on as the man continued his tirade. Had she not felt the connection he had with the coin, Miki would have assumed the man was insane. She wondered if maybe she should step in.
"How long are you going to make me suffer, huh? Are you going to make me live with the fact that I nearly destroyed my friends forever?" He glared at the coin, nearly at the point of tears. "Do you think I'd really forget that the only reason I was even a Power Ranger was because Rita made me one?"
He remained silent, as if waiting for a response. The coin still continued to glow. He sighed, "What am I doing?" he asked himself silently. "Its not like you can even respond." He looked off to the side and spotted Miki. His eyes widened in fear. How much of that had she heard? He turned and started to make his way toward the exit.
Miki saw this and tried to follow. "Wait!"
Tommy mentally began kicking himself as he stopped. He turned to look at Miki. "Yes?"
Miki walked up to him, "You have a bond to that coin, don't you? I could feel it."
"I... don't know what you're talking about," Tommy said, trying to act like nothing had happened.
Miki shook her head, "Its okay, your secret is safe with me. Miki Saegusa, G-Force." She held her hand out in a sign of peace.
Tommy hesitated, but shook her hand. Regardless of what would happen, she already knew his secret, he didn't have much else to lose. "Tommy Oliver."

Omnious' visor glowed red with anger. How DARE that creature damage his ship. Now it would be hours before it would be back at full power and that would delay his conquest of Earth even longer. That creature would pay dearly during their next encounter. He began running a scan for a suitable location to target and destroy first.
"Tokyo, Japan," he said as the scan brought up an image of Tokyo. He smirked at the irony in the situation. The city was still recovering from damage reaped by that creature years ago. All he would have to do is move in and finish the job.
"So be it, after I level the city, I shall make my demands of the planets full and total surrender. Soon, father, I shall make you and mother proud."