Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Fire ❯ The Final Gift ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 3

"So, you've been having visions of that serpent as well?" Miki asked as she set the cup of coffee down. They had managed to find a small coffee shop still open, and she had been listening to Tommy for the past half hour or so.
Tommy nodded, "Yeah, and after hearing what about what happened in Kobe today, its all started to make sense. It wasn't the same robot I was expecting, but it might be just as bad."
"Not the same robot you were expecting? You've encountered something like this before?" Miki asked.
"Back after I rejoined the team," Tommy replied. He had opened up to Miki about almost everything. He had to admit, it felt good to finally get some of his troubles out in to the open, but there was a small bit of doubt as to whether or not he should have. "This one is a lot smaller than the one we fought though."
"Do you know of any way we might could possibly counter-attack it effectively?" Miki asked.
Tommy shook his head, "We really didn't do to well against the full-sized one, actually. The only reason we ever beat it was because it had a problem with its power supply."
Miki frowned, "I was afraid of that. Even Junior apparently had some trouble fighting that robot."
Tommy gave her a confused look, "Junior?" "I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to refer to him as Godzilla, even though he's at his adult stage now," Miki replied.
"Seems to me like you'd be happy if the robot took out that monster," Tommy said.
Miki sighed, looking down at her cup, "I know this sounds weird, but I really don't think we have a right to destroy him. He has as much of a right to be here as we do."
"Yeah, but what about all the damage he keeps causing? I mean, he's just as bad as the monsters we fought back in Angel Grove," Tommy said. "I mean, the only reason we never came to Japan to help destroy him was because it'd have left no one around in case Zedd and Rita sent down another monster."
"Its not his fault, Tommy. He didn't choose to be turned into the monster he is now. Besides, I think there could be a way to maybe tame him," Miki stated. "I know he's capable of doing some good things."
"You talk as if you've been inside his head," Tommy said.
Miki looked at him, "I have. We... share a connection. Sort of like how you're connected to this Dragonzord you talked about."
"That's not a connection, that's a curse," Tommy replied.
Miki shook her head, "No, Tommy, it's not. You have a gift, whether you realize it or not. You have the ability to communicate with something in more ways than just verbal. You shouldn't be treating it like a bad thing. The visions, the dreams, they're trying to warn you of what might happen."
"Maybe, but they don't tell me how to make sure it .... AUGH!" Tommy wrenched forward, knocking over his glass as he clutched his head in pain.
"Tommy?" Miki asked, worried. She could feel the presence reaching out to Tommy again. She was thankful were lucky to be the only two customers in the coffee shop at this moment. "Tommy, try and focus on the images. Tell me what you're seeing."
"Many cities on fire...." Tommy said, pain evident in his voice.
"What else?" Miki asked.
"That robot.... and...." Tommy's eyes opened wide as he stared at Miki, like he had seen a ghost. "Zordon...." Slowly, he let go of his head. "I think it's stopped...."
"You saw your old mentor?" Miki asked.
Tommy nodded, "Yeah, but How can he be associated with this? He died years ago."
"Perhaps you should check back at that Power Chamber?" Miki suggested.
"Won't do any good. I could only manage to get one program running out of the entire system. Everything else was trashed," Tommy replied.
Miki thought for a few moments, "If I could get you a technician, do you think it'd be possible to maybe get it up and running again?"
"They'd have to be a darn good technician to even understand that system," Tommy stated.
Miki smirked, "Trust me, I know one of the best there is."

Commander Aso paced the floor behind his desk, "Let me see if I understand this correctly, Saegusa. You believe you have a lead on this serpent-robot, correct?"
Miki nodded, "Yes, sir." "But for you to be able to follow up on it, you'll require not only a good deal of equipment, but the Super X-3 AND Kazuma Aoki?" Aso asked.
"Aoki is the best technician G-Force has sir. I believe he's the only one who might be able to get the systems running again," Miki said.
"Saegusa, had anyone other than you come to me with this scheme, I would have probably had them thrown out of my office," Aso said sternly. "However, your theories tend to be accurate for the most part." He looked back at her. "Very well, but if that robot or Godzilla shows up, the Super X-3 will have to be sent in."
Miki stood and saluted, "Understood, sir, and thank you."

"Simply sending down a monster will not accomplish my goal," Omnious said to himself as he walked down the halls of Vissor's interior. He made his way toward the storage vault, the large door sliding to one side, allowing him to enter. He looked around at the miniature stasis tubes covering the walls. "No, for me to achieve conquest I shall have to launch an all out assault on the planet. "
He retrieved one of the tubes, "I shall send down a handful of my best monsters simultaneously. Whatever defenses Earth has will have to scatter themselves across the globe to fight them all." He pressed a button near the door frame and a large cylinder raised from the floor. Omnious took the stasis tube and dropped it into the cylinder. "Vissor's repairs are almost complete. Once they are, I shall begin."

Tommy looked out as the Super X-3 began to land near the ruins of the Power Chamber. After they landed, he climbed out of the ship with the others. "Alright, the entrance hatch is close by. Let's see what all we can get down there."
Kazuma Aoki set his helmet down and gave a thumbs up to the pilots. "You guys just wait here, ok?" The pilots nodded in response. Aoki grabbed some gear and followed Miki and Tommy over to the ladder. "We're not going to be able to get much down there. That hatch is way to small for some of the equipment."
"All we really need to do is get the main repair system online," Tommy said as he began down the ladder. "After that, it'll all take care of itself."
"If you're sure," Aoki shrugged.
"Heh, trust me," Tommy replied.

"Commander, take a look at this," Yamane said, looking up from his console.
"What is it?" Aso asked as he walked over. He looked at the screen.
"I'm starting to pick up some readings from the satellite scans, Godzilla's apparently started moving again," Yamane said.
"What's his predicted destination?" Aso asked.
"If the readings are right, Tokyo," Yamane replied.
Aso frowned, "Contact the Super X-3 and tell them to get back here immediately. We're not taking any chances with this one. I want a full scale evacuation of the city."

It'd been a few hours since Aoki had started trying to get the Power Chamber's systems operational. "Man, these computers are as advanced as Mecha-Ghidorah, if not more."
"How are you doing?" Tommy asked.
"Well, that repair system you mentioned is shot beyond all repair," Aoki replied. "But I did find manage to get some of the systems working." He handed Tommy a small CD jewel case. "I also found this."
Tommy looked the case over, surprised to see his name on the label of it. He opened the case to find a small mini-disc inside.
Aoki reached up to his headset as it activated, he then looked at the others. "Sorry, but I've got to run. The Commander wants the Super X-3 in Tokyo as soon as possible. Hate to do this, but we're going to have to leave you two here."
"It's ok, we'll be fine," Miki said. Tommy nodded in agreement.
Aoki bowed and then began climbing the ladder up to the entrance hatch. Moments later the two could hear the Super X-3 taking off to the air and flying away.
Tommy walked over to the console and inserted the CD. Instantly, a small panel opened up on the console and a small hexagon shaped crystal came into view. The view screen on the console changed to display a letter. Tommy began to read it aloud.
"Tommy, if you are reading this, then I can only assume that something has happened to me and Alpha-Five to prevent us from doing this in person. Regardless, your return to the Power Chamber can only be for one reason, the Earth is once more in danger. As you already know, most of your powers can not be recovered. However, there is a way for you to regain your powers as the Dragon Ranger. You should see in front of you the crystal from your Zeonizer. While your other powers were lost, I specifically made you all give up the Zeo powers for one reason: To prepare for the day when the Dragon Coin would one day need to be re-energized. Place the Zeonizer crystal inside your Morpher behind the Dragon Coin. Doing this will allow you to harness your Zeo Crystal's energy and use it to fully, and permanently, re-energize the Power Coin."
Miki looked at Tommy, "That's good, right?"
Tommy nodded, still a bit surprised by all of it, "Yeah, and its something I never thought of." He looked back at the letter and continued reading.
"It is of the utmost importance that you do this, Tommy. The legends that foretold the arrival of the Power Rangers also made mention of an Age of Monsters that will one day plague the Earth. According to the legends, in the first minutes of the year 2002 any and all dormant beasts in the planet will awaken. The results of this will be horrendous, and only the Power may be able to keep the planet from total destruction. It may be difficult, I believe you will have the power to keep this from happening."
"Tommy, of all the Rangers, it is you who I am the proudest of. Whether you knew it or not, your destiny was to be a Ranger from the very beginning. Please understand that if I had chosen you when selecting the original five, then you would have never become the White Ranger and lead the others to victory. The Powers, weapons, zords, and vehicles are all at your disposal now, Tommy. What you do with them is now your decision, and yours alone. Use them well, as they are my final gifts to you. Good luck, and may the power protect you. Zordon."
Tommy looked up at the Zeonizer Crystal, and stared at it blankly for a few seconds. He smirked and looked over at Miki. "I guess you were right, the power wasn't supposed to be a curse." He reached behind himself and retrieved his old Morpher from its belt holster. Just like the other rangers, he still carried it after all these years. Carefully, he took the Zeonizer Crystal and inserted in the hole on the front of the Morpher. The Morpher glowed red for a few moments and then returned to normal.
Miki looked around in surprise as an alarm suddenly began to go off. "What's going on?"
Tommy typed at the console, the viewscreen changing to show a map of the world. "Aoki must've got the Sensors back online, thats the warning alarm." Multiple radar blips begin appearing at different points on the map. "Not good...."
"Is the robot back?" Miki asked as she walked over to look at the screen.
"No, but there's about 12 different monsters just suddenly appeared across the globe. Whoever it is also apparently sent down a bunch of ground troops. Looks like they're trying for a full scale invasion," Tommy said, worried.

"REPORT!" Aso yelled as he entered the War Room.
"We've got multiple targets appearing across the globe, and ground troops literally all over the place," Yamane said.
"I want all units mobilized immediately. What about the Defense Forces?" Aso asked.
"The targeted countries are already mobilizing their military forces, sir. Mariner Bay's Lightspeed Rescue base has deployed its entire arsenal to combat the monsters. Unfortunately, they can only handle two or three of them at a time," Yamane replied.
Aso frowned, "Godzilla's status?"
Yamane shook his head, "Still on course toward Tokyo."
"Evacuation status?" Aso asked.
"Still need a few hours before it'll be complete. They're still searching some of the buildings.
Aso cursed softly, "Send the Super X-3 to take out some of those monsters. We'll have to deal with Godzilla later."

"I've got to get the Dragon Coin, and now," Tommy said as he began to access the Teleporter systems.
"How? The only way we had to get back to Japan already left," Miki stated.
Tommy pulled her close with one arm as he finished putting in the coordinates. "Not quite, this may kill the Power Chambers reserves, but its the only option left. This may feel a bit weird." He hit the activator and both he and Miki vanished in a flash of light. The lights around the Power Chamber flickered as the power generator finally gave out, and then the room went dark.

Tommy and Miki landed roughly on the street in front of the Mothra Memorial Museum as the Teleporter's energy faded away. "Had a feeling that was going to happen," Tommy said as he rubbed his back.
"Um... Tommy..." Miki said as she looked around the area, her eyes wide in shock.
"Huh?" Tommy looked around as well. All across the area there were gray, humanoid creatures with wrinkled faces. Each of them has on a chest plate with a large 'Z' in the center, and were causing as much damage as they could. "Putties...." They were surrounded.