Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Fire ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(Thanks to Christian Rogers, Steve Savage, and EchoAlbarn for help with the power suit description.)

Part 4

Omnious cackled like a madman as he watched his monsters wreak havoc across the Earth. He piloted Vissor, now fully repaired, back into the planet's atmosphere, setting course for Tokyo. With chaos running rampant, all he had to do now was go in, finish the job, and lay claim to what remained. "The hour of reckoning is at hand, humans! Prepare yourself for a new overlord!"

"Sir, we're picking up another disturbance," Yamane said, looking up from his screen.
"Now what is it?" Aso asked, rather annoyed by the whole situation.
"That robot's back, and he looks to be on a path toward Tokyo," Yamane replied.
Aso frowned, "Is it following Godzilla?"
Yamane shook his head, "I don't think it is, sir. The robot will get there long before Godzilla does. It might be coincidence."
"Either way, looks like we're in for a confrontation. What's the status on the other disturbances?" Aso asked.
"Four have been destroyed, but there's still a few more plus the ground troops," Yamane replied. "The Super X-3 is currently assisting Mariner Bay's SuperTrain in handling one of the more tougher ones."

Miki looked around at the so called 'Putties' as she and Tommy helped each other back to their feet. The creatures were bouncing around in place, looking ready to attack at any moment. "Any ideas what to do?"
Tommy narrowed his eyes at the Putties, "You know how to fight?"
"Not a whole lot," Miki said. "I prefer peaceful methods."
Tommy smirked, "There's no reasoning with these guys. Aim for the Z on the chest plate. It's their only weakspot." He took a fighting stance.
He and Miki rushed forward toward the museum, catching the already dim-witted putties off-guard. Tommy tackled the first few in front of them, giving Miki a brief opening to go through. He leaped back to his feet, and after ducking under a swipe, grabbed the attacking Putty's arm and slung him into another group.
Miki dodged out of the way as one of the Putties tried to grab her by the legs, She stopped abruptly as one grabbed hold of her arm. "Let me go, you creep!" she yelled as she struggled to get free. Having little success with that, she punched it in it's chest plate. Instantly, the Putty literally exploded apart and vanished. Miki sort of stared in surprise at where the Putty had been seconds before, before shaking it off and trying to escape once more.
Tommy spin kicked one of the Putties in the chest, sending it toppling backwards before exploding. He then quickly spun around to block another's attacks, and punch it in the chest plate as well. He started running after Miki, only to lose his footing as the ground began to rumble. He looked up to see the Vissor in ship mode flying low over the city. "Not good...." he said as he got back to his feet. To his surprise, the Putties were beginning to leave, running after the ship instead of fighting. He looked back toward Miki, "You ok?"
Miki nodded slowly, looking out toward the bay. "We need to hurry. Junior's on his way here."
"What?" Tommy asked as he ran over to her.
"He sensed the robot coming here, so he came after revenge," Miki stated, still looking out toward the bay.
"Wait, you mean Godzilla's got some sort of ESP thing going on?" Tommy asked.
Miki nodded, "Yes, thats another reason he and I are connected." She looked at Tommy, "We have to help him."
Tommy looked at her like she was crazy for a few moments, but then nodded, "Right."

The monster quickly made his way through the murky depths of the ocean. His limbs tucked in, and his body swinging in a side-to-side motion. To anyone on the surface of the water looking down, he would look like a mountain moving under its own ferocious will beneath the dark blue waters of the ocean. Godzilla could feel the robot's presence in the distance, as well as another familiar one. The human that had helped him years ago was there. Godzilla's eyes narrowed, if the robot caused harm to that human, he would make it regret ever being created.

Vissor transformed into 'Dragon' mode once more as it landed on the streets of Tokyo. It let out a mechanical roar that echoed across the city. On the streets below, the hundreds of Putties all gathered in a sort of celebration around the robot. Omnious activated Vissor's external speakers and began to broadcast for the entire city to hear, had it not been evacuated hours before. "People of Earth! I am Omnious Zedd, your future ruler! Surrender yourselves now, or I shall make your deaths more painful than they were already going to be! You will fear the image of my mighty robot, Vissor, and you will cower in my presence!" Omnious' speech was suddenly interrupted as a blast of blue and white energy struck the Vissor. The robot turned to look toward the source.
Godzilla roared as he stepped out of Tokyo Bay and onto dry land. His dorsal plates crackled with energy as he began making his way toward the robot.
"So, ready for more, are we, creature?" Omnious said. "So be it, I'll make you rue the day you challenged Omnious Zedd." The weapons controls once more slid into place in front of him.
Godzilla roared again, unintimidated by Vissor. The monster crushed the much smaller Putties beneath his massive feet as they futily tried to attack him.

The Dragon Coin began to illuminate the room with a green glow once more as Tommy approached it. In the distance, they could hear Godzilla approaching. Tommy looked around, "How do we get the glass open?"
Miki looked around, then walked out of the room. Tommy watched in confusion as she came back carrying a helmet from one of the war exhibits down the hall. She casually walked up to the glass case and smashed the helmet into it, breaking the glass. She looked back at him, "G-Force will repay them for the glass."
Tommy shrugged and picked up the Dragon Coin, its glow intensifying as he did. He then placed it in the front of his Morpher. The Morpher glowed green for a few moments before returning to normal. The building began to shake, Tommy and Miki managed to hold their balance as they heard explosions in the distance.
"Junior's attacking Omnious," Miki said. They ran toward the exit of the museum.

Godzilla grunted in pain as the eye beams exploded against his hide. He charged forward once more, slamming into the Vissor, sending it stumbling back some. His atomic ray had little effect on the robot's armor, so he was resorting to melee fighting tactics. Godzilla began to repeatedly punch Vissor in it's metal jaw.
Omnious fought to maintain Vissor's balance, Godzilla's punches were packing more power than he had expected. He tried to counter by grabbing the monster by the throat. Godzilla choked out a roar, and struggled. "Impudent beast," Omnious growled, his visor glowing red with anger. Vissor reached up and clamped Godzilla's mouth shut with its other hand. Godzilla struggled as Vissor lifted him off the ground, his feet thrashing in the air.

Tommy and Miki looked out across the city at the battle. "Oh man," Tommy started. "Doesn't look like Godzilla's doing to good."
"Junior's still inexperienced, but don't count him out yet," Miki replied, a serious tone to her voice.
Tommy nodded, "I'll keep that in mind." He looked down at his Morpher. "Just like old times." He held his Morpher up in front of him. "DRAGONZORD!" Miki stepped back as Tommy was engulfed in a green pillar of light. The glow faded, revealing Tommy covered from head to toe in a suit of flexible emerald armor. His head was covered by dragon's head helmet. From the center of the armor's golden chestplate gleamed the emblem of the Dragon Coin. Miki could almost see Tommy grinning behind the visor and silver mouthplate. Tommy felt his connection to the Dragonzord grow stronger.
'Welcome back, Green Ranger,' the zord's voice echoed in his mind.
"Tommy?" Miki asked. "You ok?"
"Never been better," Tommy replied. He reached down to his side, and pulled an withdrew the Dragon Dagger from its holder. He clasped it firmly in both hands as he held it in front of him. 'Its been a while,' he thought.
'Yes, it has, but that the important thing is that you now have the ability to fight again. Summon me, and let us fight together as we did once before,' the Dragonzord's voice echoed.
Tommy nodded silently. He turned the dagger on it's side, and brought the mouthpiece up to his helmet. The helmet's mouthplate opened just enough to allow the mouthpiece in, and Tommy began to play the tune that summoned the Dragonzord to defend Angel Grove years ago.

Godzilla continued to struggle, Vissor's hands still clutched around his neck. The monster was beginning to foam at the mouth, flashes of blue dancing along his dorsal plates. His atomic ray cut off, Godzilla's energy instead channeled through and out his body in a bright pulse of blue light.
Omnious yelled out in surprise as the energy released surged through his robot's body, knocking out several systems. Vissor staggered backwards as it lost it's grip on Godzilla. Smoke rose off the robot's hands, the armor burned by the pulse. Omnious cursed as he tried to get Vissor's repair systems running, but was unsuccessful. They had been knocked out by the energy pulse as well.
Godzilla fell to the ground on his knees and hands as Vissor let go of his neck. He coughed as spat the foam out onto the ground, his G-Cells already repairing the damage done to his lungs. He growled as he began to recover, looking up at the robot. Slowly, he got back to his feet. Godzilla was furious now, his eyes narrowing with rage. He roared and charged forward once more.
Vissor stood ready and unleashed a beam of energy from it's mouth. The beam slammed into Godzilla, knocking him out of his run as chunks of his flesh were blown off. The monster slammed to the ground once more. Vissor then begin unleashing its eyebeams repeatedly into Godzilla's side.

Tommy continued to play the Dragon Dagger, the music echoing across the city. Out in the bay, the water began to churn and bubble. A large silver fin raised out of the water, followed by the rest of the Dragonzord. It roared as it stepped out onto land, it's drill tipped tail swinging behind it. "Alright!" Tommy said enthusiastically. He looked back at Miki, "You'd better come with me, the Dragonzord's gonna be a lot safer place than out in the open." She nodded as he put his arm around her. "Up we go!" Miki yelped in surprise as Tommy literally jumped from the steps of the museum to the top of the Dragonzord's head as it walked by. They then dropped in the entrance hatch into the cockpit. "Sorry for the cramped space, but this thing was really designed for one person in mind."
Miki nodded, kneeling down behind the pilot's chair as Tommy sat down. In front of them was a large screen and a control panel. "From your connection, I assumed the Dragonzord was sentient."
"He is, but our strength is greater when we work as one," Tommy replied, taking hold of the controls. 'Side by side again, old friend,' he thought. "Alright, Missiles online!"
The Dragonzord's chest lights lit up sequentially as missiles locked into place on its fingertips. The missiles launched, sailing across the city and slamming into Vissor's chest armor.
Omnious looked up at the new fighter, "Well, it seems some of Zordon's old toys still exist after all. No matter, it shall fall like the rest." Vissor turned from Godzilla to focus on the Dragonzord.
Sparks flew into the air as the Dragonzord's tail slammed into Vissor's armor. Vissor easily was bigger, the Dragonzord only coming up to its shoulders, but the zord was quicker. Vissor grabbed the tail before it could be pulled back, only to have to let go as the drill tip began cutting into the armor. The larger robot countered with its eye beams, the zord letting out a cry of pain as it was hit.
Godzilla grunted as he rolled to his knees, his olive colored blood dripping onto the ground. He could feel the human's presence inside the new robot. Was she trying to help him again? He didn't need it, he already knew the Vissor's weakness. His dorsal plates began to glow red as he began gathering energy. All he needed was a minute or two to charge up, and the Dragonzord would give him that time.
The Dragonzord unleashed another volley of finger missiles. Vissor managed to destroy most of them as its eye beams cut through their path and erupted against the Dragonzord's hull. Miki shielded her eyes as sparks erupted from the control panels. "This guy's packing some major firepower," Tommy said, sounding a bit worried.
Vissor leaned down and grabbed the Dragonzord by its head. Picking the smaller robot up, Vissor threw it into a nearby building, the structure collapsing underneath the weight. The Dragonzord slowly tried to push itself out of the rubble, turning to face off once more. Neither noticed the red bolts of energy beginning to arc across Godzilla's back as they fought. Vissor unleashed its eye beams once more, but missed as the Dragonzord leaped into the air, propelled by boosters on the bottom of it's feet. The zord angled itself so it could dropkick Vissor in the chest. The impact sent the robot tumbling backwards and to the ground.
"This is proving to be more of a challenge than I had expected," Omnious said as the Vissor got back to its feet.
Godzilla dug his hands and feet into the pavement as the collected energy began to gather around his mouth. Now all he needed was an open shot.
Miki's eyes suddenly widened, "Tommy, stay back from him."
"What?" Tommy asked.
"Just stay out of Junior's reach," Miki said, focussing her attention at the screen.
"If you say so," Tommy replied.
Omnious smirked as the Dragonzord began to back away, "Tired of fighting, ranger? Should have thought of that before you started. He turned an eye toward Godzilla, just in time to see the energy gather. "Oh no..."
Godzilla was pushed backwards by the shear force of his own attack as he unleashed the gathered energy. The red and yellow beam shot straight through the Vissor's torso and out the other side, destroying a few buildings as well. Godzilla continued the attack, moving the beam up Vissor's body, and head, cutting off just below the robot's eyes. Severed wires and circuits sparked madly as the robot began to short circuit.
Omnious yelled in anger as every system on the bridge began to die. "NO! I cannot be defeated this way! Not by a simple Earth beast!" He cried out as the bridge began to explode around him.
"Stay off our planet," Tommy said as the Dragonzord began firing its finger missiles in rapid succession. The missiles exploded against the remains of the Vissor's head, completely destroying it. The remaining parts of the robot's body wavered, powerless, before collapsing to the ground. The Dragonzord let out a triumphant roar, as did Godzilla.
Godzilla turned toward the Dragonzord, narrowing his eyes. Would the human now attack him like the others?
"What do we do about Godzilla?" Tommy asked, keeping the Dragonzord's weapons ready.
Miki closed her eyes, "Let him go, he won't do anything now that he's gotten his vengeance." She began to reach out with her mind, trying to ask Godzilla to leave peacefully.
Godzilla snorted at the Dragonzord, giving a slight nod. The human wasn't going to attack, good. The monster slowly turned and began making his way back toward the ocean.

"Commander Aso, the robot's been destroyed!" Yamane exclaimed.
"And the rest of the monsters?" Aso asked.
"When the robot went down, they all apparently self-destructed, sir," Yamane replied. Godzilla's also heading away from Tokyo."
Aso breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank God."