Fan Fiction ❯ Ethereal Eternity ❯ Rising Winds ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's early in the morning-beams of golden warmth are falling upon the translucent windows of the castle. Soft, gentle breezes are stroking every corner of the earth, and they are greeting the world I dwell in. The sunlight is also bringing me great happiness-my heart and soul are at peace, and they are locked within a unity between all of Hyrule. Every part of my body is calm, and my heart is beating at a slow, tranquil rhythm-the world I know is completely aware of my emotions, and I am aware of its emotions.
 
I am walking through the halls of Hyrule Castle, and my dear friend Impa is at my side. Her soft voice is gently touching my ears, but her words are falling into the darkest oblivion-for I am not concentrating on the lessons she is giving me. My heart is somewhere else-in a dreamland of warmth, beauty, and everlasting sunlight. My body is being consumed by thoughts of immeasurable passion-a simple thought of the one I love brings tears of happiness to my eyes, and to my heart. My friend knows that my mind is nowhere near her lessons-she is simply teasing me.
 
“.........and so, the Gorons formed a pact with the Hylians, and the turmoil between the two races came to an end. The ruler of the Gorons created this very document, which was sealed away in the darkest depths of Goron Mountain......and the creation of this significant document came about for the verification of the pact. The very first ruler of Hyrule created a similar document-sort of like a declaration-for all Hylians to follow. Every race created a declaration for its members to follow. Today, I would like you to take some time to go over these documents.....AND GROW SOME GREEN MUSHROOMS!”
 
“What?!”
 
“HA! I finally caught your attention, Princess! Clever, am I not?”
 
The eyes of my friend, Impa, are very warm-like petals drenched in calm sunlight. The smile on her face is also very soft and tender-she is truly a loving, caring mother...and a very precious friend. The love that burns within my heart does not bother her at all-as a matter of fact, it pleases her greatly. She is happy to know that someone brings me everlasting images of endless rhapsody, and she knows that I care for my kingdom deeply. She playfully told me that she envied me once, but the hatred within her eyes was anything but pure and sincere. She knows that I am deeply, intimately in love with someone, and that fact brings her warm pride. She truly is no different from a mother.
 
“Of course you are, my friend. Forgive me-my mind was elsewhere.”
 
“You and Link are quite a pair, my lady. Your head is always in the clouds, and most of the time, Link can't go anywhere without coming into contact with a wall. Simple-minded, airy-headed pups in love-that's what you two are. Now, you aren't going anywhere until we finish our lessons for today, do you understand me?”
 
“YES, Impa.”
 
“You're going to become the Queen of Hyrule soon-so you need to gain all of the knowledge you can about the world we dwell in. Our history is important, and I want you to be ready for the coronation. You've done very well so far-even though you spend most of the time floating-so I know you'll become a fine ruler. You have nothing to worry about, dear Princess-just TRY to keep your mind on things sometimes. Link isn't going anywhere, my lady-trust me on this. The only way you won't be able to meet him later is if he accidentally rides off a cliff somewhere-”
 
“Impa! How cruel!”
 
“Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
 
I enjoy joking around with my precious guardian. She isn't firm and strict-but pure and kind. She savors the conversations she holds with me as much as I enjoy them. Her laughter isn't cruel and bitter, but warm and exuberant-like the call of a newborn eagle. I am very grateful to have her as a friend.
 
Her sweet laughter continues for a few more seconds, but then it slowly drifts away with the morning winds. The vibrant, childlike smile on her face becomes a warm, tender smile of vast affection, and her eyes become beauteous, ethereal gems of strong loyalty. Peaceful silence flows between us for a moment...and then-
 
“I truly am happy for you, Princess. I truly am. I'm glad...you have someone to care for. You need someone to hold you, dream with you, smile with you....I see many, MANY years ahead of you and your soulmate, Link. The two of you are going to locked within each other's embrace until the end of time. I know this.”
 
“It's very easy to see! The Princess can't stop thinking about him!”
 
Both of us turn to face the castle chef, who is passing by with a few dishes. There's a huge grin on his face-and his eyes are bright with pristine joy. My face begins to burn with embarrassment-but it's not spiteful or regretful embarrassment. My embarrassment is no different from the shyness of a toddler-everyone knows of my burning passion for the Hero of Time because of the way I act...and I am a little self-conscious....only because I know everyone sees me as an airy-headed pup. I feel a little silly, but I do not wish to rid myself of the emotions flowing through my peaceful body, for they are pure, enriching and deep emotions. My body is still being consumed by immoderate, ardent passion-I long for the warmth of his eyes, the warmth of his skin, the warmth of his gentle voice....
 
I love him...so very much.
 
My love for him defies all boundaries, all limits-it defies time itself-
 
I can't wait to see him.
 
My guardian and I continue to walk through the halls of our castle...but silence is flowing between us, and it is strengthening our bond. The world beyond the castle windows is drenched in incandescent sunlight-the leaves of the proud trees are beautiful, precious treasures...and the sky is a holy painting....
 
The world is at peace.
 
I feel a pang of uneasiness, but perhaps my heart feels a little uneasy simply because of the emotions flowing through my body.
 
I need to see you.
 
I really do.
 
--
 
“-and the time you almost gave Cucco feed to the guy at the potion shop because you thought the seeds were Rupees, and the time you-”
 
“All right already! Give it a rest, Navi! I know how airy and clueless I am. Zip it already!”
 
My fairy friend is flying around me swiftly, the way a hummingbird flies around a newborn flower. She is filled with energy-that is perfectly obvious. But I'm not bothered by her incessant talking one bit-I enjoy the sound of her vibrant voice, and I enjoy her company. Her small body is still a light shade of pink-and so I know that she's still very happy. She's as content as a bug in the rug-and I have no problems with that. I don't care if she is mocking me. I'll get her back, someday. Ha ha.
 
Epona isn't bothered by her noise either. Both of us enjoy her company immensely-and if she were to fall silent, things would become awkward. And neither of us would feel comfortable in that kind of silence. Epona is practically allergic to uncomfortable silence, and so I am.
 
The three of us are walking through the endless Hyrule Field, and we can feel the exuberant warmth of the sun's light falling onto our hearts. The warmth of the sun is no different from the gentle grace of an angel's smile...and my heart is truly at peace. I can feel the Goddesses of Hyrule smiling down on us-they too are perfectly aware of my current emotions.
 
I am at peace...
 
But at the same time, my heart is spinning in agony.
 
It's strange, though. The agony isn't painful...it's strong...and beautiful at the same time. It's painful...but the pain isn't lethal, like the pain a blade creates when it pierces skin. It's a pleasant, passionate kind of pain-the kind of pain one feels when they possess a burning desire to look upon the face of a loved one. The emotions flowing through my body are almost indescribable-I feel like I'm caught in the middle of a great time vortex, soaring through cloudy winds of unseen destiny. I am at peace, but I also feel lost...the emotions flowing through me are uncontrollable. It's amazing that I still have the ability to think, let alone stand.
 
The Goddesses of Hyrule are smiling upon me.
 
They know why my heart is reeling in such immoderate turmoil.
 
My eyes pierce the calm, clear blue sky...
 
And my heart pierces my soul.
 
Thoughts of my loved one pierce my mind, and my body.
 
Words, images, whispers.....
 
Everything from the previous night...
 
Embraces, caresses, soft kisses....
 
The Goddesses know why I'm smiling.
 
And they know where my heart is soaring.
 
The beams of the sun cause an endless amount of images to rush back into my mind-
 
Images of her face, her gentle eyes, her smile...
 
Promises that we made, vows that we said, embraces that we made...
 
All of its streaming back to me in the form of relentless, yet ethereal waterfalls. These thoughts are bringing me an indescribable amount of ardent joy...but at the same time, they are bringing me a bit of uncertainty. I do not know why I am feeling uncertain now-I thought it was only because of my emotions, the degree of my emotions...but I know that is not the case now. My uneasiness is coming from the beauty of my emotions-and I do not know why. My two friends are still at ease-Navi is still chatting away about me, and Epona is nonchalantly shrugging off the sound of my fairy friend's voice. But I am unable to return to the state of peace I was in several seconds ago-something is wrong.
 
Something is dead wrong.
 
The uneasiness is growing within me...and I do not understand why. My heartbeat is increasing with every thought my soulmate....and I am uncomfortable with the apprehension streaming my soul. It's unbearable...just seconds ago, I was happy...my heart was at peace...
 
But now my world is spinning.
 
My walk through golden fields comes to a halt, but my friends do not notice the sudden stop. My eyes pierce the heavens once again, no longer filled with the rhapsody of a golden morning. My heart continues to fall into an abyss of uncertainty...and I feel the strong urge to run.
 
Something is coming.
 
The fear within my body continues to grow-it's unstoppable. Something's wrong-
 
I just wish I knew what it was....
 
Seconds pass before my friends notice that I am no longer with them. Both of them turn around to face me, confused by my decision to stop. Navi speaks to me as her body returns to its normal shade-her gentle voice is filled with tender concern.
 
“Link? What's the matter?”
 
I do not answer her. I am unable to come up with an answer. The Goddesses seem to know why I am feeling so uneasy-but they are unwilling to shed any light on my situation. When it comes to matters of fate, they are never willing to shed any light, for they know that time must reveal all. No answers must be given out freely.
 
“Link? Are you spacing out again?”
 
Once again I try to search for an answer, and then I give her the only one I can think of.
 
“No. Navi, I'm afraid something's wrong. Something isn't right.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Navi asks me, evidently worried. The sudden change in my behavior isn't sitting well with her-the look on my face is scaring her. I look at my small fairy friend, my eyes shining with the dark mists of unseen tension. “Something's wrong.” I repeat to her, feeling the fear within my heart increase with every breath I take. Both of my friends become alert-neither of them are in the state of mind they were in several seconds ago. Now both of them are trapped inside of the vortex my heart is whirling around in...but their confusion is even greater than mine. I do not understand....why are images of my beloved one creating so much anxiety in my heart?
 
“The sky....something's different about it. Something's not right.”
 
“Link...what are you feeling? It isn't Ganon...is it? It can't be?”
 
“I don't know. I don't know right now. All I know is....that something's....something's not right. She's in danger.”
 
“She?! You're not talking about Zelda, are you?”
 
“Yes. It's Zelda. I don't know why I'm feeling this way-I wish I did, but I don't. Something's wrong-her life's in danger.”
 
“I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of some crazy story here! She can't be in danger, Link-everything's fine! You're thinking about her too much-give yourself a break! She's fine!”
 
I shake my head. I wish I could believe my friend's words, but I know they are not true. I cannot ignore the feelings burning within my heart. The fear refuses to leave my soul. I cannot shake anything off-I know my feelings are true. I know something's not right....
 
“No she isn't. Nothing's clear right now, but I know....”
 
“Link!! Where are you going?! WAIT!”
 
I can't stop. I have to reach her.
 
“LINK!”
 
The images streaming through my heart are no longer coming from my own will, my own happiness. They are being pulled to the surface of the present...by the hands of fate. The smiles of my loved one, the laughter, the tears-everything's being pulled, being forced out....it's as if someone's trying to send some type of message to me....
 
I can't stop.
 
--
 
Deep fear continues to penetrate my heart.
 
I don't why....
 
“Princess, I believe it's time for you to resume your studies now. Are you ready?”
 
“Yes, I am. Thank you, Impa.”
 
Is it.....
 
You aren't in danger, are you?
 
Goddesses....please tell me...he isn't in danger.
 
He can't be....
 
--
 
I've got to get to her.
 
I can't lose her.
 
She means everything to me.
 
--
 
Deep fear continues to penetrate my heart-
 
I can't lose you.
 
--
 
Thank you for stopping by. I hope there was no confusion created by the alternating POVs. This chapter was inspired by the Final Fantasy X song `Hurry'. To those that stopped by-thank you for reading.