Fan Fiction ❯ Every Time I Die ❯ The Testament ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Everytime I Die
 
Summary: The planet, on the brink of extermination, has but one chance for survival. The fate of mankind lies in the hands of a few chosen minds. Unstable, unpredictable, and uncontrollable they are but no matter, all life rests on them.
 
Rating: PG-13+
 
Genre: Drama, Phsychological, Post-Apocalyptic.
 
Prolouge
The Testament
 
What would you do if you were told that the fate of the human race rested on your shoulders? What if you were told that you had to drop your entire life for the sake of everyone else?
 
These questions seem like things that would never be asked of a regular citizen of the planet but think about it, what would you do if someone told you this?
 
In the year 2013, the world seemed to finally be on the brink of destruction.
 
Four very large meteorites had been detected. Their course, while not all the same, were noted to be straight on to collide with that of Earth. This was proven with 97% accuracy.
 
The meteors were all caught by space satellites in the month of Febuary. Their diameter were almost double that of anything to enter the planet's atmosphere in history. Supposably larger than the one that destroyed the dinosaurs.
 
The atmosphere had been weaking more and more for years. Pollution had long ago began to wither away at the Earth's protective outer layer. It took a bit of research but it was eventually proven that the atmosphere would hardly even affect the meteors before colliding with the surface of the planet.
 
The information was held secret for two months. The United Nations had said that it was much too horrific to be leaked out to the public. It took awhile, but it was eventually let out.
 
Chaos ensued for another month. All countries were plagued with riots and mobs. Crime rates went to an all-time high and depression hit the world like a baseball to a glove.
 
It seemed like the Earth's fate had finally been discovered.
 
Many refused to give up hope. Various projects were launched to try and find a way to save the world but it all seemed to be completely futile. It was as if a greater force was working in space.
 
As if Earth had finally met it's match.
 
Still, there were people in the world that could perhaps find a way to protect the planet. People with great minds, people who thought outside the box, amazing people.
 
Saviors.
 
A project was eventually started. A few individuals were chosen especially for the job to finding a way to preserve humanity's life. Their ages and origins ranged drastically and their personalities were practically polar opposites.
 
However, they were Earth's last hope.
 
They weren't really given a choice in the matter. They'd been chosen because of who they were and what they were known to be able to do. The people were practically drafted into the project. Some had already given up hope, some were fighting alongside others, and some just didn't really care in the matter.
 
Their lives were immediatly cast aside. No one cared what these people were going through or what their thoughts were on the matter. Hell, all anyone really cared about was their own salvation.
 
This brings us to the question that was asked before: 'what would you do?'
 
These people were not given a choice. They were called upon by their people and forced to do something for the sake of mankind; wether they wanted to or not.
 
Did they want to help? Did they even care about humanity's existance? Had they given up hope even before the world was in danger?
 
Some of these people's careers were already over. Some hadn't done anything for years. No one cared. Any help was appreciated. Anything that could bring hope back to the lives of humankind was wanted.
 
These people were drafted into a world of salvation and misguidance. Their lives would reluctantly entertwince and the result would decide the fate of humanity.
 
This is not a story for everyone. This is a tale of desperation and anguish. Of angst and despair. A deep look into the mental stability of the regular man. One could call this tale a fictional human experiment designed by a omnipotent man.
 
No matter what this tale is, this is the beginning. Who I am and why I'm telling you this is of no real importance. Think what you would like, all I ask is that you think.
 
What would you do?
 
Welcome to the story.
 
xxxxxxxxx
 
Author's Note - This is a story I dreamt of. The entire story is pretty foggy to me and I'm kind of making up the plot as I go. I don't really have the characters too well created as of yet but I had a bit of a picture in mind. This isn't exactly a priority piece and I will only be writing this in my spare time with Espoir. Wish me luck with this and please be patient with me. You know what it's like to have that nagging want to write something out even though it isn't completely thought out yet.
 
Well, review if you wish. I just hope you enjoy my story.