Fan Fiction ❯ Fall of Angels ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Notes: Hey there everyone. Told you I would be back with the next chapter, or rather the first chapter. And here we meet the girls for the very first time. Which is why I didn't bring them into the prologue. So everyone ready? Lets roll!

Disclaimer: I do not, and have not at any time, own Marvel and its characters. However, I do own the orginal characters mentioned in this fic. Nine of them in fact. So....DON'T TAKE THEM WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!! I will be very very upset if I find my characters in someone else's fic and they didn't have my permission to use them. Thanks.

Summary: Charles Xavier and his X-Men have chosen a new team to prove themselves. Their first mission is to travel to Los Angeles, California and stop a rogue group of mutants intent on stirring up a bunch of trouble. They arrive to find that they will be thrown right into the thick of things right off the bat.


Fall of Angels
Kalina Blue Star

Chapter One


The first thing anyone experiences when they arrive in Los Angeles is the noise. From the helicopters in the air, buzzing around checking traffic and accidents, to the pedestrians on the side walk, during the day to later in the evening. And to differ from normal LA weather, it was hot and humid. The air seemed thick enough to eat. Inside LAX it was even worse with the crush of bodies fighting to leave the terminal or to get to one. Tempers flared over the simplest thing, like getting your luggage or even using esclators. Only ten people seemed to unaffected by the unexpected heatwave as they stood silently by a large bay of windows that showed the plane they had just disembarked. The nine women and one man made a odd group, even for LA.
The man, brushing his brown hair out his eyes, turned and walked a few feet away. His brown trenchcoat swirled around his feet when he realized that they weren't following and he turned. The light caught his eyes, red on black, devil eyes to those who saw and hurried away. He watched them for a moment before turning back to the girls, "Ma cheries we need to be going, your ride will be here soon. It would be best if we were waiting on them outside."
The smallest girl, standing only five-three with curly blonde hair, turned from the window and pouted, "But Remy, its so hot outside. Can't they just come to us?" She blinked her eyes, another set of devil eyes, black irises with red pupils, and walked over to where Remy was standing. She was wearing a pair of cutoff shorts and a baby yellow halter top that showed off her small black angel wings tattoos. Worn sneakers squeaked against the floor as Tianna McGregour clung to the cajun's arm, "Please...for me?"
A small laugh was heard and she glanced over. Two girls detached themselves from the group and headed over. They were identical in height, size and weight. They even had identical dimples that appeared on their left cheek when they smiled. But that is where the similarties ended. Though both had long waist length coal black hair, one had streaked her hair red and blue and the other icy pink and purple. Their eyes were different as night is to day, reflecting who they really were. The one with red and blue streaks had eyes that were a solid, yet bright red with glacier blue flecks where the pupil should be. And her sister was the exact opposite, solid glacier blue eyes with bright red flecks in the pupil. They were both wearing tight leather pants, despite the heat, and stiletto heels. Krysta Gallagher, the twin with fire eyes, wore a top that was black with flames rising from the bottom to the top. Her sister, KeLyssa Gallagher, the twin with the glacier eyes, wore a top that was black with icicles dripping from the top to the bottom.
Krysta tapped a finger over the flame tattoo that wrapped around her wrist, "Don't be a baby Tianna, the heat isn't that bad."
"Yeah, serioiusly, don't be a baby." added KeLyssa, running a finger over her own icicle tattoo.
A young woman headed over to them. Her baby blue eyes were clouded as she glanced at the twins. Her black hair was cut to her shoulder and decorated with tiny braids all over. Her skin was a soft cocoa color, contrasting with her light eyes. Her body was clad in a short summer dress colored a pale mauve. Malina Evans' voice held a slight Jersey accent, "Of course it doesn't effect you two."
The twins had the grace to blush as two more women joined them. The tallest of them, standing only a few inches shorter than Remy, had dirty blonde hair that was streaked with black and the palest jade green eyes known to man. Her top barely skimmed her breasts, revealing a silver navel ring that gleamed against her tan, toned stomach. Her pants clung to her legs, ending just above her ankle, showing off a colorful butterfly tattoo. Her nose was decorated by a tiny silver button nose ring and her ears dangled with earrings. Isabella Jones glanced at her watch, "When were our drivers showing up?"
The woman behind her answered, "1: 30 or somewhere around there." She brushed her shoulder length brown hair back and rubbed her head. A small headache was begining to start in the back of her head and her soft doe brown eyes reflected it. Her skin was a pale milky white that was framed by a forest green silk slip dress and matching high heels. Aubrie Cornett's only body deocration was a emerald green ivy vine tattoo that wrapped around her right arm from the elbow to the shoulder.
There were only three more standing next to the window and Remy called out to them, "Caitlyn, Meredith, Andais, we need to be going now. Pry those pretty little eyes from the plane and come on."
The one called Caitlyn turned, her mass of red curls bouncing around her face and she smiled brightly. Her emerald green eyes twinkled with mischief as she replied, her accent softly southern, "Oui, Remy, just a moment, Andais is checking before we head out." She started over towards them, moving with a feline grace. Her legs seemed to be a mile long in the high heels and the thigh skimming demin skirt. Her top was an strapless emerald green that ended a inch above the hem of her skirt. The only tattoo showing was the sun and moon emblem on the back of her right shoulder. She glanced over her shoulder, "Everything cleared, Dias?"
White hair flashed in the sun that was reflected through the window as the lady in questioned turned. Her deep hazel eyes were slightly glazed over as if there was something else on her mind. She was dressed simply in pale peach slacks and a frothy white blouse topped in a peach jacket. She nodded but didn't speak yet. After a moment Andais McFarland spoke up, "I don't sense anything but two men who must be our drivers. We should go now."
Caitlyn Gallagher nodded, "Alright girls, lets head outside. Our luggage will be brought to us at Uncle Aiden's hotel." She headed down to the doors and stopped when she noticed someone was missing. Reaching out she brushed a hand over Remy shoulder and said, "I'll meet you out there with Meredith." The cajun nodded and led the rest of the girls outside. Caitlyn walked over to where her best friend Meredith Gentry stood gazing out at the tarmak with eyes covered by dark sunglasses.
The reason for wearing the sunglasses was very simple. People took a immediate dislike to her because of her eye color. They were similar to Remy's, only they were green on black with a thin liquid gold color line that seperated the black from the green. Her hair was an rich honey blonde color with green and black streaks to matched her eyes. She wore baggy black pants that had chains crisscrossing over the back and a long sleeve black shirt with slashes across the arms and stomach. She looked no different than any other punk rocker, except for her eyes which labelled her as a mutant. Her eyes, like Krysta, KeLyssa, Remy, and Tianna, branded her as being different and she didn't care to flaunt the fact she was a mutant like the others anymore.
Caitlyn lifted a hand and let it rest on Meredith's shoulder, "Merry."
Meredith jolted and glanced at her friend, "You really shouldn't sneak up on people Cait. Its freaky how I can't hear you. Quiet as a cat."
A quick grin flashed over the redhead's lips, "I know. But still, you should be paying attention. Someone could have snuck up on you and it might not have been me. You know how things have been lately. Jumpy people just jumpin the gun."
Meredith frowned, "Paranoid flatscans."
"Meredith Rose Gentry, you know better than to use that term. I don't want to hear it again." Caitlyn scolded, frowning.
"I'm sorry but it just pisses me off to know that people will excute us because we are different. You were there you know what it was like to be a mutant in New York City. If you were in the city you were a mutant. Even if you had no part in his plot. Why do you think I left New York City and came back to the Institute when it was over? People I normally got along with were terrified of me for the simple fact my genetic make up was not like theirs." Meredith replied softly.
Caitlyn's heart went out to the young woman who had suffered so much because of Magneto's vendetta against humans. She hugged her, "I know but all I can say is that one day people will appreciate what we do. Thats why we are here, to make a difference. To keep mutants from being slandered again. So what do you say that we join the others and head out to our new home. And maybe later we can scout LA and learn the lay of the land."
Meredith returned the hug and grinned at her partner in crime, "And hit some of the clubs?"
"Of course, who are you talking to? KeLyssa? I don't think so." Caitlyn said, smirking. The two women laughed and linked arms and strode outside to join the rest of the group. Two vans had pulled up in front of their friends and everyone with the exception of Andais and the twins were already in one van, waiting. Remy was speaking with the twins, no doubt warning them to stay out of trouble. The twins really only listened to three people, Remy, Caitlyn, and Logan. And sometimes not even then. Andais smiled at Meredith and said softly, "I assumed you would want to ride with Cait and the twins so I'm going to ride with the others in this van. I'll see you at the hotel."
"Thanks Andais." Meredith said before looking at Remy, "Well I guess we'll be seeing you later, you crazy cajun. Be careful."
Remy smiled and shrugged a shoulder, "Ole' Remy knows how to be careful. Don't you worry your pretty head over me." Meredith nodded and climbed into the van. Remy turned to the twins, "Ok ma petites, time for me to have a private talk with your sister. Load up and behave. Remember what I said to you."
"Right Remy." chorused Krysta and KeLyssa together giving him a brief hug before climbing into the back of the smaller van with Meredith. Caitlyn watched them and turned to Remy, "Well this is it."
Remy nodded and pulled out a slender cigarette and arched a eyebrow at the gazing Krysta. Caitlyn's younger sister sighed and the red of her eyes glowed for a moment and Remy's cigarette flared. Tossing him a quick grin, Krysta slid the van door shut. Remy took a drag and then passed it to the redhead, commenting, "Your going to have your hands full with those two."
Caitlyn held the cigarette in her hand idly, staring at the two vans, "I'm going to have my hands full all around and not just with them two. Mon Dieu, what have I gotten myself into, agreeing to this? I must have been addled in the brain."
Remy chuckled, "Never you, cher, never you. Don't worry, non don't worry. You will do just fine. These cheries, they trust and respect you. Everything is going to be ok."
"Ha, so you say. Thanks for trying to reassure me but we both know different. Its bad here, real bad. And you guys must have been nuts to send a rookie team out here to take care of it." Caitlyn said harshly.
Remy took back the cigarette offered to him and took a deep drag before flipping it away from him, "Mon ami, you young women were chosen for this mission because we have faith in you. And we know that you are the best and can do a great job. All you have to do is believe in yourself. You can do that, non?"
"Of course I can. I suppose I just have a bad feeling about it all. I'm sorry for snappin at you, Remy. Well is there anything special your supposed to tell me besides the pep talk?" she asked.
Remy nodded and reached into his trenchcoat and pulled out a packet of papers with Caitlyn's name on it, "Cherie, you are blessed with a wonderful family. Your uncle Aiden let us send out a team to go over the hotel and now the basement is set up as a command center, including several state of the art computer stations, a mini med-lab, and a commications center. Including a downscaled model of the Danger Room so you guys don't get out of shape. Professor Xavier created a small scale Cerebro for Andais and its tuned to her brainwaves. It will only work for the Los Angeles area. Everything is explained in this packet along with what to do in a emergency. Your uncle also remodeled the top two floors for you guys. That pretty much covers it. Call if you need something. You know that Logan or myself would come if needed."
Caitlyn took the packet of papers and slipped them inside the tote she carried. It slipped from her shoulders as she gave Remy a tight hug, "Remy I don't know what to say. Thanks for having faith in me and the girls. I promise we'll do you proud. All of us."
"That is all I ask, ma petite." Remy said, returning the hug. Now it was him that looked worried and she laughed.
"Remy, whats this? Worried? Come now, you know that all chicks must leave the nest and that they will come back, non? Don't fret, thats my job."
"Hush child and be gone with you. This cajun needs to go and catch his flight so he can hassle the pretty Rogue."
Caitlyn giggled and adjusted her tote, "Hassle her too much and she punch you all the way back to New Orleans. Go on then. I'll call you later to make sure you got back ok."
She waited, watching as he walked back into LAX and disappeared in a throng of people. With a small sigh, she turned and eyed the van that was waiting for her. All the doubts she didn't vocalize, that she had shoved to the back of her head so that she wouldn't think of it, surfaced. Her breath caught in her throat when she realized how huge of a responsibility that she was taking on. That she would be making decisions that could possibly put her sisters and friends in danger. That they might return home minus members because a decision she made got them killed. Ruthlessly, Caitlyn shoved those doubts away. Swallowing deep, she got in the front seat of the van and turned to look at their driver. Her mouth fell open.
The man beside her looked like a god. His eyes were a rich sapphire color with streaks of silver and gold racing across the jeweled iris. His hair was a thick, wavy black shade that seemed almost blue. Full sensual lips and chiseled cheekbones just added to the effect of muscles that rippled down his arms. He was built in every way and just filled out the tight worn blue jeans and black wife beater shirt. A charming smile crossed his lips when he noticed Caitlyn staring at him, "Well I know who these girls are, so you must be Caitlyn, Aiden's oldest niece." His voice held just a hint of a Scottish accent, sending shivers down Caitlyn's back.
There was no doubt in her mind that he just brimmed with sex appeal, and from the slight sigh of longing from her sisters' lips, they thought the same thing. She smiled, flashing the twin dimples that pissed her sisters off and replied, "Oui, and you are?"
"Duncan Campbell, but I also answer to Whirls. You?" he asked.
"Pounce. Feline shapeshifter."
"Ahh...I see, fits you. I'm called Whirls because I can create waterspouts." He glanced up at the review mirror and added, "What about you three?"
KeLyssa opened her mouth but Krysta cut her off, earning a dirty look, "I'm called Torch because I'm a pyrokenetic."
"I can manipulate ice, like Bobby Drake. But they call me Snow."
Meredith laughed, "Yeah I remember when you were campaigning to be called Icicle. Thank god you came to your senses."
KeLyssa gigged, "Yeah I know, I was in my Barbie doll stage. Just call me Mutant Barbie."
Duncan chuckled, "I'm sorry, luv, but with that outfit your wearing no one will call you Barbie. So Meredith, what about you whats your power?"
Meredith frowned and Caitlyn eyed her in the mirror, "I can manifest a psionic fire that burns cold and eats through things like acid. I'm called Darkness."
"Any particular reason why your called that? Because you don't look all that dark." Duncan commented.
"Personal reasons that I don't like to talk about."
"Gotcha."
Caitlyn quickly changed the subject, "So I wonder what the others are doing?"
Krysta laughed, "Knowing Tianna and Aubrie, they are worrying and complaining about a headache."
How accurately Krysta called it. Aubrie was resting her head against Malina's shoulder after downing three asprin with water. Her head was killing her and had been since they had gotten on the interstate. Her eyes drifted shut as she dozed lightly. Tianna exchanged glances with Isabella and promptly said, "So who else has a bad feeling about this mission?"
Their driver, Finn Farell laughed, "Why would you have a bad feeling? Its not that bad here."
"Yet...its not bad here yet. Thats what you meant to say." corrected Isabella.
Malina laughed, "You'll have to excuse Isa. She has a tendency to think of the worst possible scenerio. So Finn, you never did tell us what your mutatation is."
Tianna giggled, "So, are you super stretchy?"
Finn laughed. He was a tall man, standing at six-ten with golden red hair that hung down to his shoulders. His eyes were almost black they were such a dark green. Andais kept thinking that he could be Caitlyn's older brother, he looked so similiar to her. He wore a pair of cutoff jeans that were frayed at the end, a hawaiian prnt shirt and rope sandals. Malina thought he looked like the perfect surfer bum and had asked him right away if he surfed and if he could teach her. He had laughed and replied with a yes to both questions. Finn sighed, "Mine is a little bit complicated to understand."
"Try me. I studied under Jean Grey and Hank McCoy. I'm a bit of a genius." Malina retorted.
"Alright then. Its technical term is called foresight. I'm like an radar. I can sense danger and how much. More specially, danger caused by mutants. It took me years to fine tune it. Duncan, my friend driving the other van, calls me Alert." he explained.
"Cool. So your a mutant radar. Me, I'm the resident telekenetic and I took my name based off of Jean Grey's Phoenix persona. Griffin." Malina said.
"I'm a teleporter. I teleport using shadows as points of reference. So I'm called Shadow." Tianna explained.
Isabella sighed, "So guess its my turn? I can fly and I have superstrength. They call me Clouds, cause I love to fly in the clouds."
"So your kinda like the X-Men Rogue?" Finn asked.
"She trained Isabella, but Isa isn't like Rogue. All they have in common is flying and superstrength. Isa isn't indestructable." Malina said.
"Right I can be hurt and have been. Remember the 'incident?" Isabella said with a giggle.
"How could we forget. Logan griped for weeks because you lost concentration praticing flying and fell and totaled his bike." Tianna said, remembering with a shudder.
Andais rolled her eyes, "Right. Me, I'm the telepath, trained by Professor Xavier himself when I was a student at the Institute. I can also use my telepathy to put people to sleep. So they call me Lullaby."
Finn jerked his head towards the sleeping brunette, "Whats her story?"
Malina smiled and explained, "Aubrie is an empath. And her empathy is so strong that she picks up all emotions in a three mile radius. So its going to be a bit rough out here until she can get a grip on LA tempers and such. She can also channel all the emotional vibes she picks up into a psionic whip that resembles a ivy vine. So she's Vines."
"Poor dear, no wonder she went to sleep. So what do you think of-" Finn started to ask before stopping aburtly. His eyes seemed to lose focus for a moment and he grabbed a cell phone from the dash and hit a button. The girls heard a urgency in his voice when he spoke to the person on the other end, "Dun...trouble on Sunset Blouvard. I think its our guys. My danger sense is going crazy. Next exit ok, follow me and I'll get as close to the rogues as I can without being noticed."
He clicked off the cellphone and whipped the van onto a offramp, cutting off a Cadillac and Hummer H2, ignoring the blaring horns. Another van was close behind them. Finn looked up at the girls, noting the grave and concentrated looks on their faces, "Welcome to LA."
In the other van, Duncan twisted the wheel sharply to send them onto the off ramp, ignoring the yelps in the back. Caitlyn was staring at him, having heard the entire phone conversation with her cat hearing. Her mind was already racing on what to do, how to play it. Meredith had only heard Duncan's part of the conversation and was slightly confused, "Sunset? I thought the hotel was off Wilshire?"
"It is. The rogue group, V-Force, is running rampant on Sunset. We need to stop them." said Caitlyn tightly.
"I'm not even going to guess how you knew that. But she's right. Finn, my friend, can sense danger caused by mutants and called to tell me that he is getting a major reaction to mutant activity on Sunset Blvd. So thats where we are going. I hope your ready for your first Los Angeles party. Cause its going to be a doozy."
As the van skidded to a stop behind the other one, Krysta demanded, "So you've fought them before?"
"Just a few of them. I really wouldn't really call it fighting. More like them causing mayhem and running when we got there. But from the sound of it, its all of them and they are rolling out the welcome mat." Duncan said, throwing open the door and leaping out.
"Not funny." said KeLyssa weakly as they all piled out of the van. She was worried because none of the except Meredith, Andais, and Caitlyn had any real battle experience and this would be her first fight against another mutant outside the Danger Room. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up and smile gratefully at her twin, "We're going to kick ass, right?"
"You got that right, sister dear."
They gathered tightly around Caitlyn, who had been conversing quietly with Andais, running her idea by her. Even though Xavier, the X-Men and the girls nominated her to be the leader based on her experience in New York City, her strength, and ability to understand stragegy and tatics, she had her own doubts. Caitlyn even objected and suggested that Andais be the leader. But she was told firmly that she was their choice. Relenting, she immediately made Andais her second in command, followed by Meredith. Andais nodded, agreeing with Caitlyn's plan and the red head turned to look at them all.
She glanced at the guys, "I know that you guys didn't sign up to fight so I won't expect you to. But if you do, then you follow my orders. Got it?"
Finn and Duncan nodded, saying, "Mr. Summers explained to us about you and the girls. And you can count on us. This is our city and we won't let those bastards go around tearing it up."
"Great. So here's what we do. Danger Room session 54. Meredith, Malina and Tianna will take the lead, coming in frontside. Isabella will be our eyes in the sky. Krysta, I want you and Lys to come in on opposite sides, catching them in between the two of you. Duncan, I'd like you to go with Krysta and provide cover for them both. Aubrie, your with Lys. Andais and I will take the back. Andais will be commicating with us all. Finn, stick close to Andais and let her know when things get real bad so she can let us all know, ok. Everyone got it?" she said, looking each of them in the eye. At their nods and affimatives, she continued, "Codenames from here on out."
Finn held up a hand, eyeing the skirts and dresses some of them wore, "Can you fight in those?"
Caitlyn flashed a feline grin, "Don't you worry your pretty head off about us, we'll be just fine. Lets do this."
"Right, lets show them what Xavier's Beauties can do." shouted Isabella shooting off into the air.
They broke off and headed off to their assigned positions. Caitlyn stayed a bit behind, her mind flashing back to when the Professor and the X-Men told them they had been selected to be a new team and their first mission would be out in L.A.
Caitlyn exchanged glances with Meredith, who had just arrived from New York City, fleeing the anti-mutant sentiment that was spreading across the city like wildfire. Why had the Professor called them all here? Had they done something wrong? And why was Remy, Rogue, Logan, Jean, Scott, Ororo, and Bobby there too? Something big was going on. The girls took a seat when the Professor motioned for them too.
"By now you are all probably wondering why I called you here. I have some news for you. It has come to my attention that there is a rogue mutant group terrorizing Los Angeles, California. Now we don't know why at the moment. But we all agree that something must be done about it." Xavier explained.
"Its why your here." added Jean, smiling warmly at the girls.
"Oh know." exclaimed Jean's student, Malina, "You guys are leaving again, aren't you?"
"But you guys just got back. You can't leave now." protested Tianna softly, looking at her favorite teacher, Scott.
"Don't worry Tianna, we aren't leaving." Scott reassured her.
"That's right runts, you are." finished Logan scowling.
"WHAT!?!?" they all yelled.
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. What do you mean we are? Your joking right? This is just one big exggerated hoax your pulling on us to see how we would react...right?" squeaked Isabella, looking from Rogue to the Professor.
Charles shook his head slowly, "I'm afraid not, Isabella. We discussed it in my office. We chose the nine of you out of all the advanced students to make up a new team. We feel that you would be the best choice to face these rogues because they are close to your age and skill level."
"But none of us have ever fought." Malina commented.
"Thats not true." replied Krysta.
"She's right. Three of us in this room have seen battle." added KeLyssa, eyeing her sister, Meredith, and Andais.
Meredith objected, "No what Caitlyn and myself saw wasn't battle. It was a slaughter. Human against mutant, mutant against mutant. It was horrible. And if my being there, taking part of it is what got me on this team, I don't want to be on it."
"Merry is right, Professor. We didn't really fight any strong Alpha level mutants like the X-Men did. We just fought weak ones while we were trying to get out. We were just better than them because we had the training. It was a gimme. I didn't like it." Caitlyn said, agreeing with her friend.
Andais added, "And the only battle I ever saw was when Sabretooth and Pyro attacked the school while you guys were away."
"That doesn't matter Dais, and you know it. What matters is that you guys fought. You know how battle can be. You have experience. And the rest of you," Bobby said, looking at the other six women in the room, "You have fought in simulated battles in the Danger Room. And your scores were better than anyone else. That is why you were chosen."
"Not to mention that you all can work together. You already know what it is to be a team. You commicate like a team already just from training sessions." Ororo added.
Aubrie nodded, "So you really think we can do this?"
"Of course." answered Rogue, "You are the best we have to offer. And its time that you got the credit for it."
"If we had any serious doubts about sending you into the field, you wouldn't be going. But there aren't any
cheries." Remy said, reassurin them all.
Caitlyn looked at them, "I say we do it. I mean, if we have any serious trouble, all we have to do is call the X-Men and they can fly to our rescue in the
Blackbird."
"I agree."
"Lets do it!"
Charles exchanged grins with his first students over their excitement. He only hoped that they could keep that enthusiam after a few fights. He held up a hand, catching their attention, "Since you all agree to be part of this team. Let me brief you on the mission. This group is calling themselves V-Force. I don't know what it stands for, that is something you will have to find out yourselves. They are intent on something in Los Angeles, once more, I am not sure what they are after. More information you will have to find yourselves. Now there are two former students, ages twenty-four and twenty-three, who are employeed at The Gallagher Hotel and Restruant."
Caitlyn and the twins blinked, "Uncle Aiden and Aunt Brianna?"
"Yes. I have contacted them and they have graciously allowed you the use of the Los Angeles branch of their hotel for a home base. Now in exchange, you will be running it. You'll be the staff. Andais, they know of your Bed and Breakfast and have asked me to ask you to be the general manager while your there, with Caitlyn being your second since she knows the basics from visits with family. I suggest you accept the offer. It is a good cover story as to why you are all out there." replied Jean.
"Of course." Andais said softly, taken back at the chance to run such a well known five star business.
"You mean we'll have to work?" complained Krysta.
"What you think this is a vacation, girl? Its not. And don't start thinking of it as one. Your being given this chance, so don't spoil it acting like a lazy brat." snarled Logan glaring at the fire eyed teenager. Krysta's lips stuck out in a pout and she slid down in her seat. KeLyssa snickered at her twin.
"Stop it,
petite, don't provoke your sister." scolded Remy, shaking his head slowly.
"So," Meredith started brightly, "Whose in charge?"
"I have given that alot of thought and I think you will all agree with me. The leader of this group will have to be respected by all, she will have to have the ability to control the rest of you in a fight, to make you listen when listening is required. She will have to have enormous skill and the ability to think under pressure." Charles started.
"So...Andais." guessed Caitlyn. Charles shook his head and she guessed again, "Meredith?" When he shook his head, she started to get a sinking feeling in her stomach. Charles would never put someone without actual battle experience in charge and she, Meredith and Andais were the oldest. If it wasn't one of them, then it had to be her and she shook her head violently, "No, I'm sorry Professor, but I am not the girl your looking for. I'm just not. I don't think I can do it."
"Oh hush Caitlyn and accept this honor gracefully." snapped Meredith, glad for her friend. She felt that Caitlyn really deserved leadership. After all, it was her that kept the alive in their escape of New York City.
"She's right
ma petite, you are the best choice. You have have shown time and time again in simulation and actual battle that you can lead. Just nod your head and say yes." Remy said, standing up to move to her side. He knew that it scared her. While Caitlyn was confident in other's abilities, she was nowhere near that confident about her own. He could remember all the times she came to him over the past few months, agonizing over decisions she made in New York City, worried that the ones that she made got two of her friends kill during their escape. He leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Put the city and those times behind you. There was nothing you could have done to prevent the deaths of Judy and Bethie, and you know it."
She nodded, her face going pale at the mention of her deceased friends, "But Remy..."
"No buts kiddo, Chuck is right. Don't fight it. You've earned it. If it wasn't for you, then Meredith and the others wouldn't be here now." Logan said softly, gazing at the young woman who was like a daughter to him. He trained her, helped her control the more violent animal instincts that came out after she shifted into a predator feline.
Caitlyn nodded, "I'll accept the leadership only if Andais and Meredith as my second in commands. I suppose that after me, they would be the best choice to lead should something happen to me."
"God forbid." prayed KeLyssa, gazing at her sister, knowing how had it was for her to accept this when she felt so guilty.
"So its official. You are the new field team with Caitlyn as your leader." Charles said, nodding.
"And I have the perfect name for us." said Aubrie, gazing at her friends, "Not to be big headed, but we are all beautiful in our own ways. We were all trained by Xavier. So I propose that we be called Xavier's Beauties."
The girls grinned and nodded. Caitlyn smiled weakly, "I love it. Professor, any objections."
Charles shook his head, honored that they would name themselves after him, "I am proud to know that I have such beautiful, creative, couragous, and strong young women who are willing to do what they can for our cause." The girls giggled and rushed over to hug him and their teachers, completely excited over this wonderful, yet dangerous, chance to prove themselves....
Caitlyn jerked herself back to the present when she heard the sound of something exploding. From the front lines, Darkness, Griffin, and Shadow approached the mutants who were in the process of tearing up the street and shops that lined that section of Sunset Blvd. There were seven of them, meaning that the girls and two guys outnumbered them by four. Darkness smirked as she approached a man who had short spikey black hair pulled back at the base of his neck and baby blue eyes. She put a extra sway in her hips so that her navel ring flashed through the slashes of her top.
"Now why would a handsome man like you be tearing up the street like a common thug?" she drawled, running a hand down her hip.
The man and his companions stopped what they were doing at the approach of the three girls, who seemed to be innocent bystanders. Shadow snickered when she figured out that they thought they were harmless. The man who seemed to be the leader smirked, "And what would three ladies be doing here where there is obviously danger?"
"Whats life without a little danger?" retorted Shadow, eyeing her target, a man with glowing yellow eyes.
Glowy eyes returned her gaze, "Want to find out?"
"I'd love to." she replied, sliding to the left and disappearing into the shadows. While they looked around in confusion, Darkness and Griffin darted forward, drawing their attention. A feral man who had been crouching behind the handsome one snarled and leapt in the air towards Darkness. She retreated immediately and slid to the side, avoiding him by mere inches. As his momentum carried him towards Griffin she stretched out a hand and a light yellow psionic light surrounded her hand and she lifted him into the air and slung him through a shop window. His whimper of pain was heard, like a wounded animal. Handsome boy sneered and rushed Darkness, engaging her in hand to hand combat.
Glowy eyes looked around for Shadow, who had slid up from his shadow behind him. She slammed her fist into his kidney and sent him flying forward with a scream of pain. He whirled and his fist shot out towards her face but she was already gone. Shadow kept up her attack of disappearing and reappearing behind him, hammering him with blows to the back and neck.
Three women appeared suddenly, from where Alert didn't know but he shouted a warning to Lullaby, who quickly sent a message to Torch, Snow, Vines, and Whirls. The four rushed from their hiding spots and surrounded the three women, who had a slight glow of radiation around their mouths. Torch and Snow quickly double teamed one of them, while Vines and Whirls engaged the other two. Vines was a blur of motion as she used the hatred that radiated from the three to power her psionic whip. Very quickly her opponent had cuts all over her body. But Vines had some injuries herself, burn marks from the pale pink acid that the woman spat at her. Whirls had his opponent flying through the air, caught in a water funnel that raced up and down the street. Torch distracted her woman with bursts of fire that scorched while Snow concentrated on freezing the woman's mouth shut so she couldn't spit acid.
Clouds was circling the fight when she noticed a speck flying quickly towards her. She shot into the covers of the clouds and waited for her target to arrive. Soon a man with hawk wings bursting from his back was hovering below her. She flew up higher and dived. Hawk man grunted when two fists slammed into his back and drove him towards earth. He twisted so that he was facing Clouds and struck with taloned hands. Blood flowed from the cuts across her chest, which just pissed her off and increased her speed. Hawk boy struck the cement with enough force to leave a small crater. Clouds immediately took to the air, scanning for more trouble.
And she spotted it when Darkness let out a yell and tumbled over backwards, her legs encased in a steel block. Gritting her teeth she dove again, intent on striking handsome boy dead on and slamming him into a wall. Darkness saw her and screamed, seeing something Clouds and melting the steel away with her acid fire as fast as she could. Alert caught the brush of danger and Lullaby yelled the warning in Clouds' head to stop, but it was too late. Clouds ignored the warning and kept going until something bright struck the blonde head on and she lit up like a christmas tree as the eletricity flowed through her. Passing out, she fell and struck the ground hard.
Pounce heard Darkness' cry and flung herself in the air, shifting into a small leopard before she struck the ground. Landing in a crouch, she crawled her way towards the man whose hands crackled with lightening. Opening her jaws she let out a roar and pounced the man knocking him to the ground. She landed inches away and shifted back to human form. Settling into a fighting crouch Pounce motioned with her hand for him to come on. And he did, charging her with charged hands outstretched. Pounce shifted slightly and grabbed him by the upper arm and neck and twisted him over her hip. He flew in the air and she kicked out, slamming her foot into his stomach. Lightening boy landed in a whimpering heap.
Xavier's Beauties lined themselves up behind her, showing a united front. Each of their opponents were down, either injured or asleep, thanks to Lullaby. Pounce turned to congradulate them on their victory when her nostrils flared, catching the scent of something distinctively canine. She distanced herself from the group when a man stepped forward. He was tall and confident, that she could tell from the look on his face. Muscles bulged beneath the black shirt and leather pants he wore. His hair was a pale blonde, pulled back with a suede band. He studied the redhead in front of him with cool husky blue eyes. He sniffed the air, "Kitten kitten where are your mittens."
"Cute, doggie boy, want a bag to carry your buddies home in?" she retorted calmly. She was calm on the outside but inside she was fluttering with panic. This man held the same amount of power that she did. She could tell, sense it from the power that radiated off of him. It just rolled off in waves and caused the feline in her to hiss and fight to be let out.
"So the kitten does have claws. What would your momma say?" he taunted, stopping inches away from her.
Pounce stared up in the light blue eyes with her own emerald ones and she sneered, "She would tell me I have done a wonderful job of taking out the trash. So Bingo, whats your name-o."
"Wulf," he growled, "so whats yours pussy cat?"
"Oh you don't need to know that, Wulf. What you need to know is that your reign of destruction and terror is over. I'm personally going to send you to the pound,"
"Baby, don't make promises. It just gets me all excited."
"That's just sick." muttered Darkness from behind.
Pounce held her ground as he pressed himself against her and gazed at Darkness over the red curls, "You have no idea, sweetheart." He reached up and ran a hand over her hair and leaned forward and sniffed, "Lovely, simply lovely. You smell...delicious."
"And you smell like someone who is just asking for a ass whipping." Pounce hissed, raising her hand so that he could see the claws that slid out. The rest of her body rippled as fur slid out and two cat ears appeared nestled in her red curls, and a tail twitching erratically behind her. She stretched, rubbing her body against his suggestively, getting the result she wanted when he reached out for her. She ducked, slamming her shoulder into his groin and sending him flying over her back. He land with a grunt and she twisted herself so that she landed on top of him. She raised one hand and ran her tongue over the fur, slowly torturing him, "Meow." She wrapped one hand around his neck and rested the other on top of his groin.
He grunted, "I should have known that you loved to be on top."
"And I should have known that you would act like a dog in heat. Well listen up Wulf-boy, I have the upper hand. Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way." she drawled dangerously.
"Mmmm, I like it hard."
Her claws flexed over his groin, "If you want to keep your cajones then you best leave town. Cause I'll nueter you in a heart beat."
"Oh sugar you just think you have the upper hand." he wrapped his hand in her hair and jerked her head against him, kissing her harshly before disappearing. Pounce leapt up, furious, glancing around. All of them were gone, just gone. She snarled, "They have a teleporter. Alert!"
"I don't know. I have no idea there was a teleporter. I didn't pick up on it." he protested.
"Caitlyn, calm down. We won, they ran." soothed Krysta.
KeLyssa moved to stand next to her sister, who had shifted back to her normal form, "Cait...you ok?"
"Fine Lys, just dandy. Duncan, get Isabella and put her in the van. We need to get to the hotel and the med lab there to make sure she's ok." Caitlyn said softly, "Everyone else load up." As they hurried back to the van, crowding around Duncan who had picked up Isabella, Caitlyn stared at the damage to the street. Her eyes sharpened and gazed at the huge black dog who appeared. She brushed a finger over her lips as she gazed at the dog, "Oh this is far from over, Wulf."
She turned and headed back to the vans, trading spaces with Aubrie so she could sit with Isabella, hoping that she wouldn't have her first casualty on her first stint as a leader. Silently, the men turned the vans back on the interstate, heading to the hotel.
The black dog trotted over to where Caitlyn had been standing and shifted back into Wulf. He grinned, revealing two canine fangs that belonged to a wolf, "Oh pretty pussy, I hope its not over. I'm going to enjoy reeling you in and tearing you apart." And with that he just vanished again.

Author's Note: So there it is, the first chapter, what do you think? I hope I did a good enough job to have you come back and continue reading as I write. Please leave a review and let me know what you think. And now...off for a shower. :D