Fan Fiction ❯ Falling ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Falling

The day was young and so was she, the beautiful young woman's hair twirled in the fresh spring breeze. She was alone in a meadow, a warm and healthy place where she often escaped the realities of life. Most people she had come into contact with had called her weird, absolutely loopy but in actual fact she was probably too sane for her liking. Reality was no fun for her, so she often escaped into a world of her own creation. A loud banging suddenly interrupted her peaceful silence and she angrily spun round to face the annoyance of a noise. It was a steel mechanical monster standing at least six feet high and it came crashing to wards her at an alarming pace. Huge powerful legs, eight of them, pounded one after the other, its one red eye staring straight in front. She sighed and hurried along, running through the long grass until she came to a wire fence and behind it laid the desert wastelands. She tore her trousers on the fence when she climbed over but it was better than being squashed she supposed. Once her feet touch the dry and dusty ground the machine turned round and headed back to where it came from. She kicked the sand and trotted off back home, a small house in a tiny town about seven miles from where she stood.

She got into town before sunset, much to her relief and surprise. She had thought it would be dark before she managed to find her way home and she had not wanted to be in those dangerous sands when the moons showed. It was an old broken down town, each building made of the same dry wood cracked in the hot sun even thought a chemical had been painted on it to stop it from doing this sort of thing. Her parents would not be home yet, so she decided to stop at her friend's house and talk before she went home. Once she reached her friend's house she knocked and waited. No answer. "Hello?" The door creaked open, doors were very rarely locked because people rarely stole from each other, no of them had anything worth stealing. It was dark and empty; the only light came from the door, which she had just opened, and leaving a dusty trail of light to lead her into the creepy building. "Akkiko? Are you in here?"

"Is that you Kamiko?" A meek little voice asked. Kamiko smiled and shut the door behind her.

"No one else would be looking for you would they?" She laughed.

"I hope not. Lets go back outside, it's hot in here." Akkiko suggested brightly.

"You shouldn't keep all the curtains shut then. Come on then."

Once outside Kamiko could take a proper look at Akkiko. Her white hair was tied back so to keep it out of her dark eyes. Today she wore a black dress with a thin white cloak that covered her pale skin. Kamiko's outfit was not like hers, in fact her green top and red bottoms seemed out of place in this place. While Akkiko had white hair (like most of the population) Kamiko had a pale blue and bright green eyes, this again was very unusual. Kamiko rather absently plopped herself down onto the ground beneath her, not worrying about get her clothes dirty while carefully sat herself down after she had dusted the place she planned to sit. "You're weird." Kamiko commented and then sighed. "I got chased again today."

"You shouldn't go into those places. Science is not to be mess with." Her voice was full of arrogance and Kamiko came close to slapping her.