Fan Fiction ❯ Fate of the Fires ❯ Cry of the White Wolf ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fate of the Fires

Lady Mars

Part V: Cry of the White Wolf

Disclaimer: See the first few chapters.

* * *

Frodo sat upon the lush grass of what was the previous days' battlefield. Life in the area had resumed like nothing had ever occurred. His mind on the other hand was in a state of constant turmoil. Ever since he had ran into the rather annoyed Rogue, he couldn't get the ranger off of his mind.

'Why does he seem so familiar?' Frodo thought. 'I'd swear I've seen him before, but I just can't place it.' He continued to watch the animal resume their menial task until he realized there was a presence at his side. He turned to see a large white dog, nose buried in the grass, looking for something. Frodo gently pushed the dog's snout out of the way and pulled up the item; it was a ring. The ring was rather small, the silver band and orange stone glittering in the late day sun. The dog cocked its head at Frodo. After a few seconds he let out a long howl. Frodo looked at the dog, rather confused. When the dog stopped, he looked at the ring in Frodo's hand. Frodo looked at the object again, wondering what it was.

"What have you there?" a voice asked. He looked up. Above him stood a blonde man. He was leaned over the hobbit, causing one of his many braids to fall over his shoulder. Frodo gazed into his green eyes, carefully taking note of the scar that ran around the outside of his right eye.

"This," he handed the man the ring.

"That's where it went."

"It is yours?"

"Yes. I have been searching for it for sometime. Thank you for finding it." He smiled, turned and walked away, the dog trailing at his heels. He watched the man's retreating figure and noticed something he had missed before; the man was an elf.

'Could that be Rogue?' he thought. 'It couldn't be…he was far too kind. Could it be…' he froze momentarily. 'Could it be Legolas?'

* * *