Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Forgotten"

Disclaimer: all the lyrics in here are the property of Linkin Park, and so on and so forth, all the characters and the storyline are mine however…thank you for your time!

From the top to the bottom

Bottom to top I stop

At the core I've forgotten

In the middle of my thoughts

Taken far from my safety

The pictures there

The memory won't escape me

But why should I care

Katelyn woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. This was the fifth night in a row that this had happened. She sat and pushed her sweat-soaked hair out of her face. She knew the dream, it was of a memory of her youth. But once she awoke she could never remember it. She shrugged it off as she had the other four times and got up to take a shower.

There's a place so dark you can't see the end

Skies cocked back and shock what they can't defend

The rain sends dripping/ An acidic question

Forcefully, the power of suggestion

Then with the eyes tightly shut/Looking through the rust and rot

And dust/A spot of light floods the floor

And pours over the rusted world of pretend

The eyes ease open and it's dark again

She turned on the shower and closed her eyes. Images of a dark alleyway flashed before her eyelids. She opened her eyes again with a gasp. She leaned against the shower wall letting the water cascade over her. She was awake…she couldn't possibly be dreaming while she was awake…could she? She closed her eyes again and the images flashed in front of them again, she seemed to be moving down the alleyway.

In the memory you'll find me

Eyes burning up

The darkness holding me tightly

Until the sun rises up

Katelyn got out of the shower quickly and went to find some coffee. She couldn't fall back asleep. Not while it was still dark out, the memory would haunt her in the dark. She had no wish to remember it. She grabbed her coat off the rack in the house and headed out. It was only a few hours till sunrise. She'd make it without having to remember.

Moving all around/Screaming of the ups and downs

Pollution manifested in perpetual sound

The wheels go round and the sunset creeps past the

Street lamps, chain-link and concrete

A little piece of paper with a picture drawn floats

On down the street till the wind is gone

The memory now is like the picture was then

When the paper's crumbled up it can't be perfect again

She walked down to the local Starbucks and picked up a Carmel machiato. Katelyn trudged from there to the park, she sat down on a bench. She sipped at her beverage and stared up at the sky, which still had a few stars in it. The sun was just beginning to rise in the east.

Now you got me caught in the act

You bring the thought back

I'm telling you that

I see it right through you

"Hey Katelyn, what ya doin' here sittin' out in the cold?" said a friendly voice from behind her. She looked back over her shoulder to see her friend Brett.

"Hey, just wasn't sleeping well," Katelyn said as he slid onto the bench next to her.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were hiding from something," he commented as he looked at the sunrise.

"Maybe I am, but it's nothing I can't handle. Thanks for asking," she told him, glancing over at him.

"No prob, babe. Just don't want you getting' all weird on me. I gotta get to work, be good," Brett said giving Katelyn a kiss on the cheek and walking on through the park.

Katelyn sighed and wrapped her arms around herself and tried not to close her eyes. It would all be fine in the end, wouldn't it?