Fan Fiction ❯ Gateway to Internal Power ❯ Night Time Chat ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own the Teen Titans, but of course you already know that.
 
 
 
Raven was pushed back as she deflected one of Jinx's powered punches. The former H.I.V.E. students were attempting to rob a bank when the Teen Titans showed up. Of course Robin gave a long speech to them and said his famous words, “Titans Go!” The three really could of escaped while he was talking but the idiots just stood there listening to every word. Then the Titans charged in, each selecting whom to fight with. Beastboy and Cyborg were taking on Gizmo while Starfire and Robin took on Mammoth. That left Raven with the pink haired Goth, Jinx.
 
Raven then started to swing at Jinx with her hands glowing. Jinx just stepped back, avoiding the blows.
 
“Is that all you got Raven? I really expected more out of someone who fights like a boy.” Jinx continued to grin as she dodged the attacks.
 
Jinx threw black energy into the ground, covering their area with dust. Raven looked around trying to sense her. Suddenly she was bombarded with black energy from Jinx. Raven slammed into a brick wall while Jinx's silhouette appeared from the dusty haze.
 
Raven spotted a yellow car nearby and with three words she sent it towards Jinx. The silhouette disappeared while a huge hole in a wall appeared to her left. She got up and ran to it seeing both Jinx and Gizmo's body under the rubble unconscious. Beastboy and Cyborg ran up to Raven as she removed the bodies and placed them near the wall.
 
“Way to go Raven! You took out both Gizmo and Jinx!” Beastboy said
 
“Shouldn't you be helping Robin and Starfire?” Raven replied in a monotone voice
 
They turned and saw Robin put handcuffs on the unconscious Mammoth. Near him was a street light with a huge dent near the top. Cyborg picked up both the villains and carried them to where Robin and Starfire were. They were then taken up by the police and transported to a high security prison.
 
“Good job Titans,” Robin said, “Better get home and rest, training starts at 7:30 sharp.”
 
 
Back at their home Beastboy and Cyborg immediately started playing video games. Starfire was playing with Silkie while Robin ran off to his room to look for leads on Slade. Raven was meditating in her room when she heard a voice.
 
“Hello Raven,” a familiar voice said.
 
Raven turned instantly seeing a huge figure behind her. “Slade!” She hissed.
 
“Now, now Raven. All I want to do is talk.” Slade said in a calm voice.
 
“What do you want?” Asked Raven, feeling tense
 
“I just want to make a offer that you will be pleased with. I know you have troubles keeping your emotions under control because of your powers. I could get rid of the monster inside your mind.”
 
“Trigon?” Raven said in a soft voice
 
“Exactly, imagine being free to use your emotions, having complete control.” Slade saw the look in her eyes and knew she was interested. “All I ask for is your help.”
 
The look in her eyes disappeared and was replaced with anger. “I will never help you Slade. I'd rather die than betray my friends!” Raven shouted
 
“Very well, I know you are serious about what you say but I shall remember what you said, Raven” Slade then stepped back into the shadows disappearing.
 
Free to express my emotions, Raven thought. There was knocking at the door followed by the voice of Cyborg, “Yo Raven, you okay?” “Yeah, we heard you scream something from the living room.” Beastboy added.
 
“I'm fine”
 
“But Raven….”
 
“I'm Fine!”
 
“Come on man. Let's go, she says she's fine.” Cyborg said in a soft voice, “Fine” Beastboy replied dully. Raven heard a door open and close then went over what happen.
 
If I could express my emotions I wouldn't have to be so mean to them, to him… But I'd be helping Slade, betraying my team. Raven firmly decided to reject the offer and went back to meditating.
 
 
If she doesn't want to assists me on opening the portal to internal power I'll have to force her. This may prove difficult since it requires her to cooperate and focus completely but a little torture and threatening her friends won't do. Slade grinned, this was going to prove fun and productive for him…..