Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angel ❯ IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Guardian Angel - Ch. 4 - long time no see
 
 
Kaci slumped down against the back of her seat, her brothers sitting on either side of her, like bodyguards for some pop idol. Or an escaped mental patient, she couldn't decide which one they thought of her as. Her eyes shifted from the robed man to the various stained glassed pictures. She gone to this church her whole life but never really looked at them as she looked at them now. The colors seemed so much brighter as the winter mid-day sun played through them, bouncing of the many angles of the rough glass. It was like see was noticing them for the first time, maybe because she was so desperate to get out of this church and away from these people.
 
 
“These people,” she thought uncomfortably as she gave a glance over her shoulder to the pigtailed girl who just three days ago was talking and huddling in corners with her. “But now…she giggled and laughed at my expense.” Kaci felt more abused, betrayed, and more self-conscience then ever before. Even before, they couldn't shake her sense of self of who she was, but now… for a second time backs had be turned and she was caste aside like an overused rag doll for a new pretty china doll. Kaci felt a sharp pain in her heart and burning tears come to her eyes at the thought of that china doll. “What gives her the right to decide such things as my fate? It's those people… they let her do these things to ensure they are accepted. Why do you let people be so blind and greedy god? Why would you let me fall so far back into darkness? I thought it was over! I thought I was finally happy, that I could finally just live!” Kaci held herself, gripping herself tightly, as these thoughts coursed through her mind.
 
 
“Kaci,” Mike said gripping her upper arm and started to put her up and out to the aisle. “Mass is over, Kaci, it's time to go.”
 
 
Kaci jerked her arm from her brother's grip. “I don't need you to hold on to me. I don't need your support or help,” Kaci snapped, her eyes trained on the ground, slowly slumping back into her seat. “I want to… just sit for a little… I can always walk home…”
 
 
“Walk? Are you crazy, it's the middle of winter and-“
 
 
“Mike,” her father's strong voice cut in. “If she wants to stay, let her.” He then bent down close to Kaci hair hidden face, his hand on her shoulder. “I'll come back in a little bit ok? Just don't leave the church. Come boys it's time to go.”
 
Her brother cast a last sad and worried look at her. Drew just seemed to be embarrassed at it all.
 
 
Kaci let her view shift once again to the floor. She didn't necessary want the comfort of the church just it's silence. She pulled her legs up to her chest and waited for the church to empty out. She ignored the stares she felt and the whispers of those girls.
 
 
The church was finally emptied and she was left to her thoughts. “How could anyone forget someone so quickly?” she asked, the tears she held back causing her eyes to sting and blur as she looked at the stained glass figures for answers. “Why? Why am I being so punished? What did I do?” The various saints and priest just continued their silence. Kaci went on with her unanswered questions. “Why did I have to be so abandoned again? I thought I had found myself, found some people who would love me for who am I. How could someone just leave a person so quickly for another?”
 
 
Suddenly her gaze fell on a certain stain glass picture. “Oh god… how could I?” she whispered and ran out of to the door and out of the glass eyes of the angel Michael's gaze.
 
 
Kaci burst through the heavy wooden doors and into the blinding whiteness that was a December snow storm. She brought her arm up to shield her eyes and to allow them time to adjust to the bright sky. She tried to sniff back her tears but failed miserably. Hot trails wove down her face as she ran. Her feet guiding her fore her eyes were too cloudy to be of much use.
 
 
She skidded to a halt at the path leading Tyreal's resting place. The snow gently drifted against one side of his pedestal and gathering in any nook they could get into.
 
 
“Tyreal!” She said as she ran up him, falling to her knees in front of him. “I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!”
 
 
He remained silent.
 
 
She sobbed and pulled her self to up to look at his face. “Tyreal… Please I'm sorry. I had no idea…” At his continued silence she sighed and pulled herself into his lap. Her shoulders pulled together as she looked down at the ground, her feet pointed to the ground.
 
 
“I abandoned you… you were forgotten… once again…. I'm…. Oh Tyreal!” she covered her face with her hands, her body shaking as she sobbed. “I'm so sorry, I abandoned the only person who would love no matter what, and left for those who never cared, people who abandoned me at the drop of a hat.”
 
 
She continued until she felt ghostly hands coming to her shoulder and a forehead coming to rest against the back of her neck. “Why…” Tyreal's airy voice said.
 
 
“Tyreal….”
 
 
“Why? Why did you leave me!?” Tyreal said, his airy voice seeming to wear thin.
 
 
“I'm sorry…. I just became entangled in other things…. I'm so sorry… I never wanted to hurt you but I just couldn't be friends with a statue for the rest of my life, people began to talk. I feel so ashamed. I abandoned you because of the pressure of others….” She turned around in his lap and buried her face in his airy chest. It was strange, she could see through him, yet he seemed as solid as the ground.
 
 
Tyreal wrapped his arms around Kaci and let her cry. “They threw you away didn't they little one. I, I missed you Kaci. I was so lonely without you.”
 
 
Kaci sniffed and looked up at tyreal. His deep blue eyes looked deeply into her from behind his shaggy black hair. Realization came to her then. She loved him too, he was her best friend. He let a smile cross his lips. “I've missed you to Tyreal. There have been times when I just felt… not complete… I promise I'll never forget you…” she said smiling up at him. Her smile quickly disappeared when she noticed that his face and body was fading back into his stone statue form. “Tyreal! No don't got back!”
 
 
He smiled at her, “I'm not going any where. My mobility was a momentary gift that was given to me by you, by your love for me. Even if I'll be as a statue I'll all ways be there for you Kaci. “
 
 
Kaci climbed out of his lap and stood before him. Watching him slowly become stone, “I'll always be there for you too…”She said as she wiped her eyes.
 
 
For some unknown reason her gaze shifted to her right, the cemetery, where she saw a lone figure hunched over by a headstone. “Go…” said a faint voice, Tyreal's. She gave the statue one last look until following his orders.
 
 
She stopped five feet away from the black coated stranger and asked, “What are you doing out here in the middle of a snow storm?”
 
 
The stranger turned and faced her. The stranger was a young man, around her age. “I could ask the same thing,” he said as he stood up smiling up at her. “See this head stone?” he asked pointing to the stone he had just been kneeling before. “Old, run down, forgotten. No one comes to visit them any more. Except me, I come here every Sunday to make sure that these dead aren't forgotten. “
 
 
Kaci smiled and looked up at the falling snow, letting it fall onto her face.
 
 
 
“Yes, to be for forgotten is worse then death…”
 
 
 
THE END
 
 
 
a/n - ugh this could have been ended better, I hate that last line. Edited 4/24/5