Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter; An Old Friend ❯ Harry Potter; An Old Friend ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter; An Old Friend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; I get all my references from my friend, and a website dedicated to Harry Potter, so do not blame me if some of the information I am using is incorrect or outdated. Standard Disclaimer Applies. I do not own Harry Potter or have rights to any of the characters. They belong to J. K. Rowling and Warner Bros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voldemort has been destroyed, this time for good, and the world is returned to times of peace. No more fear of Death Eaters, for they have all been thrown in Azkaban. The Dementors tried to mutiny after the Dark Lord was destroyed, but the Ministry got that situation under control. Penny is still mourning over the loss of Percy, though nothing can take the anticipation of her baby to be. The school was reopened after it was fixed and Ginny finished her schooling. Harry still isn't the same. But then would you be? After all, he lost so much to Voldemort- Sirius, Dumbledore, his mum and dad, plus the countless amount of innocents, Muggle and Wizard alike, who died because of Voldemort's obsession with attempting to kill Harry. He's getting better, though, with the help of his friends, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Remus, and Hagrid.

There are only five days remaining until Harry's birthday. Lupin and the others were planning a huge party for him. Ginny was trying to get up the nerve to tell Harry exactly how she felt about him, Ron was calling up the family, (asking for Fred and George's help with the party favors, of course), Hermione was looking spell upon spell to learn how to cook and sew using magic, and Remus was enlisting the help of other friends of Lily and James to make the best present Harry had ever gotten.

Harry, however, was busy worrying about everything that was going on. His fight with Voldemort had really put him on edge. He thought it was too peaceful. He said there was going to be something 'big' happening that week. They only smiled and told him he didn't know how true he was.

They hadn't seen Draco, either, since his father's death. Many people say the Malfoy family has gone straight down hill. Whenever the subject was brought up, Ron would always say, "It serves them right, too! The great, stupid, useless, evil, git!" After which Ron would go into a rant about the entire "Malfoy Issue", as the members of the house had come to call it. Hermione would stomp on his foot, or kiss him to shut him up. It depended on how bad the language he was using was.

And so the days went by with everything normal. Or so they thought. However, they were all of them deceived. There was a single supporter of Voldemort who had survived, and he was waiting for that one day to come. The one day when he would rise up and get revenge for his master's death. For even when freed from him, he cannot get over his love for his Master so easily. Nor can he ever truly get over his hunger for power, and so he waits. So he watches. Forever seeking, in search of power, forever casting himself into shadow, until…

"Harry come on!" Ginny pulled Harry out of his house, insisting that they go somewhere private. That she needed to talk with him.

"Where are we going Ginny?" Harry asked, absentmindedly. Forgotten my birthday I suppose. Oh well…it's not like it's never happened to me before.

"To the pub," she said, innocently.

"All right, whatever you say," and so he followed her to The Drunken Dragon.

They entered the dimly lit pub and sat at one of the tables in the very back of the room. As soon as they entered the heads turned, and the whispers began. Harry had become even more famous since he and his friends had defeated the Dark Lord. Ron and Hermione finally got the recognition they deserved, along with Ginny, Sirius was immediately cleared of all charges when he jumped in front of Harry when Wormtail had attempted the Avada Kedavra, but it had backfired (for he had used Ron's broken wand from his 2nd year, which he had stolen) and he had perished.

"I hate this," Harry said, "Any minute now the press will be rushing in to get comments… oh look, here they come now."

They were attacked and harassed by the press until Harry finally gave a statement that it was nothing really, since his friends were there the whole time with him. Then he pulled Ginny out and they went for a walk through the park. Ginny shivered next to him and Harry turned to her.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

She nodded. "A little," she said meekly.

He took off his coat and handed it to her without a word. She took it and put it on, enjoying the warmth. "Thanks," she looked over at him and remembered why she had insisted she distract Harry. Tonight she would tell him. "Harry, I must confess I took you out here for a reason."

"I know," he said smugly.

"You do?"

"Yeah. You wanted to distract from the fact that everyone has forgotten my birthday," he explained.

"Oh no! That's not it at all! I have something to tell you," she looked at her shoes as she stopped walking.

"What is it?" Harry asked, coming to stand before her.

"Harry I- I love you. I have since your 1st year. Oh I'm so mortified!" she exclaimed, covering her face with her hands.

Harry removed them and looked her in the eyes. He smiled at her sweetly and whispered, "I love you, too." She threw her arms around him and kissed him. She kissed for all she was worth. They broke apart and smiled.

"Let's go home?" he said.

She nodded and they started for home, hand-in-hand. As they neared the house, Harry's scar began to hurt. The windows in the house flashed green and several blood-curdling, spine-chilling screams were heard through the night. They ran to see what had happened. Harry threw open the door to the most chilling scene he had ever beheld. There lie the bodies of all the people dearest to him; Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Remus, Neville, Fred, George, Penny, Molly, Arthur, Charlie, Bill, several people who were involved in the Order of the Pheonix, and several of his old friends from school, including Colin, Neville, Seamus, Oliver Wood, and Lee Jordan. Ginny turned away and ran. Harry screamed as anger and sadness over-whelmed him. It was an unearthly empty scream, filled with nothing but rage and absolute grief.

"Avada Kedavra!" a voice suddenly hissed behind him. Ginny didn't even have time to scream before her body fell lifeless to the ground.

"Ginny!" Harry screamed running to her body. He kneeled above her and stared into her cold eyes. He didn't even need to look up to know who it was who had killed Ginny and the rest of them, and who had the nerve to still stand before him. "Wormtail! I thought you were dead! Why did you come back? Why don't you leave me alone! Even after Voldemort has passed, you continue his onslaught! Well no more. We settle this here and now."

Harry pulled out his wand.

"Ha! You think a mere boy such as yourself can defeat me? You must be joking. Oh well, at least I will be the one to kill the fabled indestructible Harry Potter!" Wormtail took out his wand. Harry gaped at it. That wasn't Ron's wand. That was- "I see you recognize this wand. Yes and a fine one it is. Your father had an excellent wand. I bet you're wondering just how I can still be alive. Well, before the blow hit me I transformed into Scabbers. It's really that simple."

"You Jack Ass!!" Harry raged.

"Oh and I believe this belongs to you. At least now when you die, you will die with some happy little thought in your head," he threw a package at Harry. It said 'Harry, this is something we, that is myself, and a few of your parents' friends from the Order, put together for you. We hope you like it, and that it destroys any thought that what Voldemort said about your parents is true. Love, Remus Lupin, Rubeus Hagrig, and Nymphadora Tonks.' Harry found himself tearing up.

He lunged at Peter, wand forgotten, and began beating him to a bloody pulp. The pain inside him was too much. He had gone utterly mad. And what little sense remained in his head, he was using to pummel Peter Pettigrew. Peter finally got away and waved his wand.

"Avada-" he began.

"Fracto!" Harry exclaimed, breaking Wormtail's wand in two.

"Kedavra!" Wormtail finished, then he noticed what had happened. He tried to morph into his mouse form, but it was too little too late. He was killed. He let out a shriek and fell.

Harry fell to his knees, grinning at the fact that he had rid the world of it's last evil. Well maybe not it's last, but he had rid himself of that worm. He opened the parcel and in it he found a small box with a button on the top, another photo album, a blanket with broomsticks and snitches zooming around on it, and a letter. It read:

'Harry,

This is your baby blanket from the day you were born. Your mother believed that every baby should have a 'blankie' I believe she called it, and had made me, Sirius, and your father go and get you one. Your father had insisted on this one. The box you see, well… just press the button and you'll see. The photo album is one of all the times your parents and their friends got together, of when you and your friends got together, Hagrid, Dumbledore, us and several other people I think you'll remember. I hope you'll love and cherish this for the rest of your days.

Love,

Remus, Hagrid, and Tonks'

Harry pressed the button and across the air before him a movie played. At first it was silent. His parents were on the screen. Waving at him. He fought the urge to touch them telling himself, 'they're dead Harry.' Then the sound came on and his parents introduced themselves. It then skipped over to his mom getting a sonogram. Then to his birth. Then to his mom yelling for a blankie. Then to his parents playing with him.

He couldn't stand anymore. He ran back to his house and straight to the cabinet which he kept under lock and key. He pulled out a small shot gun and put the barrel to his chin.

"We'll be together again. Finally," he said to the wind, and pulled the trigger.

A single piece of paper lay neglected in a box, fluttering in the slight breeze. If one were to come across it, one would read; 'P.S. Happy 19th birthday, Harry, and many more to come. We may not be there for many more, but live your life to the fullest anyways. Love always, Remus, Hagrid, and Tonks.'

END

Please review. Long Live Harry Potter and his Creator, J.K. Rowling! Thanks for reading.