Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Hero of Time ❯ Link Transforms ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 14-Link Transforms

"Are you serious," Gandalf asked. "Link has not the power within him."

"No, but he does have a pure heart, and more than sufficient courage. Helping those in need, even if they are undead skeletons, gives him the strength he will need to transform. The more combats Link wins, the more he feels he is helping others. I will help him adjust to the transformation-which is something he will control-when the time comes."

In the arena, Link felt Twinmold rise from the sand behind him and tracked the centipedes in his mind's eye. When they had both retreated, he waited for one to rise and then flew after it, his sword sharp, and his eyes keen. Link knew that Twinmold was weak in the head and tail area, the only spots not covered by a thick exoskeleton. He managed to score two hits on one creature before it retreated. Link kept his eyes out for the creature to arise so he could finish the job.

He did not wait long, and landed on the Twinmold just behind its head. Link slashed it six times and flew off after the other monster. He suddenly felt the sword pulse in his left hand, and it too began to glow. Link landed, and the Master Sword fired a shimmering energy disk at the remaining Twinmold monster. The disk was a lot bigger than the ones he used on the Moon, and it sliced Twinmold into chunks of armored flesh in a minute.

Suddenly, a column of sickly gold-white light appeared around Link. He seemed to expect this, and held on tight to Navi as they were sucked up to the next floor-and Majora's Mask.

"You have done well," said the mask through Skull Kid. "I am going to defeat you, though, and you will not escape so easily this time."

"Did you see what I did to Twinmold," Link asked. "I whacked one and sliced the other into meaty chunks! You are going down for good this time, Majora!"

"I think not," the mask replied. "Master Garo, get him!" A Garo Master descended from the ceiling and conjured its two firebrands. Link dodged his charge and then slashed him while he looked around, confused by his actions. The Garo then leaped in midair, but Link dodged and slashed him again. The Garo whirled his firebrands about him, but Link managed to stop that by lowering his Mirror Shield.

After another dodge, Link struck the Garo Master for the third time. He collapsed, and sat crumpled on the ground, leaning on the sword in his left hand.

"Well done. Although my rival, you were spectacular. I shall take my bow by opening my heart and revealing my wisdom. Retake the oath to order and you shall be infused with the power of justice. Die I shall, leaving no corpse." The Garo took out a Goron-made bomb and exploded. As his soul cackled in the chamber, he said, "That is the law of us Garo."

Link pulled out the Ocarina of Time and played six notes on it. They resounded through the chamber, and Alzeroth could not hold back his true power any longer. The demigod shucked his white and silver robes and unsheathed a sword shaped like a Double Helix from his back.

"You!" Deku Link, Darmani, and Mikau were synchronized in their exclamations of shock. They bowed as best they could, and Darmani curled up in awe of the demigod.

"Precisely, you three. Some years ago, Link entered Termina transformed into Deku Link by Majora's Mask. He recovered the Ocarina of Time and regained his original form. Link played the Song of Time both forwards and backwards to give himself the time he needed to explore this world. He gathered twenty-three Masks and defeated the monsters of the Temples, freeing the Four Giants from an evil spell. Then he returned to Clock Tower on the night before the carnival and confronted the mask.

"Link knew that he could not harm Majora's Mask with a Light Arrow while it was attached to Skull Kid. He played the Oath to Order, an ancient melody the Giant of Woodfall, to stop the creature. The giants came and stopped the moon, forcing Majora's Mask to flee to the planetoid. Link and Tatl followed, leaving Tael to watch Skull Kid. Link had to give up his twenty non-transformation masks to the four children playing on the plains of the moon."

"Plains? On the moon?"

"Kafei, when Majora's Mask fled to the moon, I sent my four children to the moon. They conjured a grassy plain with a single tree in the right eye of the moon. Link arrived just afterwards, and then met with each child. They took his masks-but not the masks for Deku Link, Darmani, and Mikau-and then fled, leaving a single child behind. That child, which bore Majora's Mask, gave Link something called the Fierce Deity's Mask out of pity. I am the Fierce Deity, guardian of order, after whose image the mask was patterned."

So saying, Alzeroth vanished, reappearing beside Link. Alzeroth began to cry out in the manner of the Four Giants, responding to Link. Suddenly, the chamber shifted to the top of Clock Tower, with the moon directly overhead. The mask began to screech in pain, and Skull Kid held his hands to his ears. The four giants appeared, just as before, and the moon stopped, but they did not touch it. Instead, the gods reached for Link and each touched him with their gigantic hands.

Link screamed as the energy thrilled through his body. It was extremely painful, and he felt he could not stand it any more. Zelda was about to faint as the rainbow light swirled around her husband, but Darunia kept her on her feet. Link was in pain, but he was adapting to the light.

"What are you doing to me," Link screamed into the room. "I apologize in advance for my vulgarity, but what the aktajhá are you doing to me?"

"We are giving you the ability to fight Drakan on your own if needs press us," replied Alzeroth. "You will be able to change between your normal and transformed states at will after a while." Link nodded, and he grabbed the Master Sword from his back for support.

When the light faded, Link was transformed from his Hylian state. His hair was now silvery-white and his eyes were solid white, without any iris or pupil, but he could see. Link's face had several symbols painted on it in red, black, and blue. His tunic was now silver and his chest was covered by mithril plate mail, capable of stopping any blow. Link's gauntlets were now mailed, but his undershirt, breeches, and boots remained unchanged. Instead of the Master Sword, the transformed hero bore Alzeroth's Double Helix Sword.

"I am Fierce Deity Link now," said the man.

Arthur: Yeah, I know, a short…short chapter. But it's all good. Fierce Deity Link compared to normal Link is like when Goku from DBZ goes Super-Saiyan in my mind. And yes, Alzeroth is the father of the Four Giants, who are also the children of the Moon. The forms they took to stop the Moon are the forms they choose to take for the Carnival of Time ceremony.