Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Hero of Time ❯ The Throne Room ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 16-The Throne Room

When the images of the graveyard faded, a staircase appeared where the silver chalice had rested. At the top, there was a door much like the entrance to the throne room of Ganon's Castle. William paused and then turned to face his followers.

"Lexicon and I will be the only ones to take on Drakan. You must deal with the monsters and minions he summons. Drakan's four major minions are Ganondorf, Voldemort, Majora's Mask, and Galan Dracos."

"The leader of the renegade magi in the Dragon Wars," Lexicon explained. "Dracos wanted to tap into the power of Chaos and thus become a deity. He had a green sphere he tapped into that allowed Takhisis to gain unprecedented levels of power on the mortal plane of Krynn. Huma Dragonbane, the Knight of Solamnia, used the Staff of Magius to destroy the sphere. Dracos then ceased to exist, erasing himself from history. He is a human, but his skin is scaled and his hands are clawed; rather like a draconian, except he started as human."

"Why do you want to take on Drakan alone?"

"Simple, really-he's my son."

"Your son?!"

"Yes, Link, Drakan is my son. I had a mortal body a while back, and I created Drakan in the human fashion. He had great magical talents, but never suspected that I was his father. Drakan has been a very bad boy and he must be punished-I will banish him. I alone possess the power needed to defeat Drakan. Lexicon is also an extremely talented illusionist and can confuse even me with his powers at times.

"Drakan is my son, and my fight. I want to deal with him in my own way, but I will not destroy him, though he deserves it. Destroying Drakan would make us no better than he is, so banishing is the only other option. Now, let us enter." William touched a gargoyle-shaped knocker on the door and it swung open silently, revealing a blackness so deep that it seemed to represent the heart of evil, a fitting image. The blackness brought with it a chill wind, even stronger than the chill wind which blew from Zora's Domain during the Ganondorf years and from Snowhead while Majora's Mask was in power.

Inside the throne room, all was darkness and shadow. Darunia, his son Link, and Darmani the Third were unaffected, and soon saw a throne about fifty feet from the doorway.

"Shirak," said Raistlin, and the Staff of Magius flared again into light.

"Light, Archmagus," Drakan replied from opposite the doorway. "Yes, we shall have light." There was a clapping noise, and light flared into the chamber, but it was not normal light, instead an unholy purple glow that deepened the darkness rather than banished it. The major source of this unlight was a huge chandelier made of bone and black wax candles that hung above the throne. To the right of Drakan seated on his throne stood Ganondorf and Majora's Mask. To the left were Galan Dracos and Voldemort, complete with their wand or staff, as appropriate.

Dracos moved to the left of the doorway, and placed his hands on a sphere glowing an eerie sort of green. Raistlin was right on top of the half-human monster, though, and threw the Staff of Magius at the sphere of power. The sphere exploded, the staff returned to the Black Robe, and the renegade vanished in a cloud of green smoke. The Sages had opened the portal to the Evil Realm and Link soon flung Majora's Wrath and Ganondorf into the white door.

"Yer gonna pay for getting' me expelled," snarled Hagrid, brandishing his umbrella. The half-giant punched Voldemort and sent the evil wizard flying against the wall. Hagrid moved quickly, mumbled something, and knocked the transformed Tom Riddle into a statue, which fell to the ground and shattered. William then conjured a portal to the Riddle house in Little Hangleton and flung Voldemort in.

"Why so silent, good monsieur," sang the Phantom in his melodious voice. "Did you think that you had beaten us for good? You've not fought us, good monsieur. But we will prove to be much stronger. Here we bring the finished score-Elsewhere Triumphant! We advise you to comply; our instructions shall be clear. Remember-there are worse things than a shattered chandelier."

"Hrrrrraaaaagggggghhhhhhhhh!" shrieked Drakan, his facing livid with rage. "You think you have won, have you, old fool? I have not yet begun to fight!" Drakan conjured a double-ended pitchfork and advanced on William. William pulled the Rod of Holiness from the aether and began brandishing it as he would a quarterstaff, albeit that this quarterstaff had many jewels on it and glowed with a soothing cyan aura. The double-ended pitchfork began to crackle with un-lightning-unholy purple lightning-and Drakan's eyes began to turn violet.

"Charging up for a negative energy attack," William chided, laughing. "I don't think so, Drakan." William backed up nonetheless and conjured a barrier of magical Blue Fire in front of him to deflect the attack. The unholy firebolt penetrated the blue flames with ease, but William absorbed the energy into his hand and blasted it back to Drakan as positive energy. Drakan batted it back, and a round of energy baseball began in the throne room.

William suddenly blasted fired a shot of pure positive energy from his right hand and that hit Drakan. The evil archgod collapsed to the floor directly underneath the chandelier, where Zelda fired a pinning blast of positive energy at him.

"GO!!!" As the Phantom shouted, he slashed the chandelier rope with a dagger and leaped back down, just as the candles crashed into Drakan in a huge mess. The flames soon flew inward as Drakan flew out of the collapsed chandelier, unharmed but very, very angry.

"I cannot be stopped that easily," Drakan shouted, his chest moving in and out as he breathed. "You are all a bunch of idiots if you think you can stop me! I am Drakan, and I soon will rule all magical worlds in the universe!"

"Now you've done it," William cried, his face streaked by tears of rage. "You called me an idiot, Drakan. Or should I call you Daragon, son of Dethrimor? That is who you are, deep inside, deep, where even you cannot acknowledge its existence."

"Daragon is dead! Daragon is dead and gone and all that remains is the best of him, me!"

"Is that tripe the best you can come up with? Daragon had the birthmark of a tower in black on the left side of his forehead. It is still there!" William pointed, and suddenly Drakan's helm dissolved, revealing a black tower just where it should be.

"How dare you bring up the past!"

"Drakan, you are not the orphan you think you are! Daragon, I am your father!"

"No! It's impossible! You can't be my father!"

"Search your feelings, Daragon. You know it to be true, deep inside, where you've buried your true self. Son, you have behaved in a manner that I would not have believed had I not witnessed all of it. I will banish you to the Evil Realm for all eternity if I have to, but at least listen to the truth!"

"No more of your lies, William! When I'm done with you and all your toadying minions, you will bow before me, for I am your Lord and Master!" Drakan then faded his human form to one of literal shadow that began to reverberate throughout the temple. A door behind the throne, which had crumbled to ash, suddenly opened.

"What's going on?"

"He's transforming," Lexicon shouted back. "He must be transforming into a monster form! Get out of here, all of you! William and I will handle this one!"

"What, we're supposed to leave you all alone to be destroyed in the blink of an eye?!"

"Link, Gandalf, Professor Lupin, and Raistlin may stay," the gnome said, "but not anyone else. This is a fight that will determine the future of all creation, you dolts! Play the Song of Soaring while you still have time!"

"The Song of Soaring? What's that?"

"Hoo, I believe I can explain," said an owl perched outside an open window.

"It's Kaepora Gaebora," Saria said. "He's the reincarnation of a former Sage, you know, so he must be very wise."

"Hoot, very wise, Forest Sage. Take this scroll, all of you with musical talent, and play the song written on it! That will take you to a safe place, hoo, where you can be safe! I will guide the way when you play the song!" A scroll flew from amid the owl's wings and landed in Zelda's arms. She passed it around and everyone with an instrument played a song.

When the notes rang out, everyone grew a pair of huge, angelic wings. These owl-type wings carried them out of the castle keep and back to the Opal Tower with the speed of a white dragon. Kaepora Gaebora led the way and kept everyone on track. They landed on the top of the Opal Tower and watched the battle through scrying orbs set on the battlements.

Note: Yeah…there's a Vader moment. Sorry. It kinda had to happen. And William is Dethrimor, but he's not likely to reveal that particular bit of info any time soon…