Fan Fiction ❯ Hermione's Diary ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Hermione sat down at her desk and took out a pen and notebook. She wasn't at school-- she was home, and respectfully using her muggle writing materials.

Dear Diary, she wrote, the pen scraping against the fresh paper, news on the television lately have been focused primarily on international affairs. Well... not international affairs, per say, but rather international crises. Primarily the natural disasters that seem to be plaguing the American citizens.

She brought the pen up, tapping it against her lip, and allowed a sigh to escape her. I sympathize horribly for them. They have absolutely no control over these forces that are overtaking their lives. Just as Harry... well, I've written about his situation before. It seems strange that a single person can have so much in common with an entire nation.

Their plight frightens me. So much lost... so much yet still hanging in the balance. But just as I must sit helpless and watch as Harry overcomes yet more life-threatening obstacles to survive, must I sit and watch the television as so much beauty and life are destroyed by the very earth itself.

Though lives are lost here everyday, at the very least we have a target-- something that we must destroy for the killing to stop. Who can the Americans possibly target? It seems petty, somehow, to worry so for my own life as I must watch the destruction that has been wreaked upon those thousands of miles away...

I know there is little that I can do. I know that as soon as the next letter from Harry, or the next Daily Prophet come to me with news of Voldemort I will forget the Americans' plight and focus on my own yet again.

Still... I fervently wish that there was something I could do to tip the balance back in the favor of mankind.

For now, all I can do is incorporate the Americans in my prayers. Whilst I pray for Harry and our wizarding world, I shall ask for America's safety.

I shall ask for peace.