Fan Fiction ❯ Hiccups ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hiccups
By Houou Kazoku-Kaga

Dislclaimer: This is a real person story and likely did not happen. Would be pretty funny if it had, you have to admit.

It was lunchtime, and the four of them-Marc, Andy, Blaine, and Ken (Bond Geek)- decided to eat out together to celebrate a good taping. They went to this little place that served decent food. Blaine had gotten something with hot peppers.
That's where the trouble began.
0-00-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
"You have got to be joking," Andy said when Blaine sat down with his lunch. "How can you eat something that hot?"
Blaine shrugged. "I don't know. Guess I'm used to it."
"You're a braver man than I am," Marc said. "I could never eat hot peppers."
A devilish grin graced Blaine's face. He picked up a pepper.
"I dare you to eat one."
"Didn't I say I couldn't eat that?"
"Oh, come on. It's not that bad; this isn't as hot as some others." He handed Marc the pepper.
"Well…" Marc shrugged and bit into the pepper. His eyes widened, he dropped the pepper, and ran. They could hear a muffled 'arrrgh' soon after.
Blaine started laughing.
"That was cruel," Ken said.
"And not funny," Andy added.
"You're right; it was hilarious!"
Marc walked back in and pointed his finger at Blaine. "Don't EVER do that again!"
And then…
"Hic!"
Marc slapped his hand over his mouth. After a few seconds, he pulled it away.
"Hic!"
"Way to go, Blaine," Ken said, "you gave Marc the hiccups."
Marc picked up his glass of water and drank from it, in the typical 'cure' for hiccups. It didn't work.
"I heard you're supposed to plug your nose while you drink," Ken said.
"Well, I heard that you're supposed to plug your ears."
"I only have…hic…two hands, Andy."
"Fine, I'll plug them." Andy got up and covered Marc's ears with his hands as Marc plugged his nose and drank again.
"Hic! Didn't work either. Hic!"
"I heard that you're supposed to balance the cup of water on a pair of chopsticks and drink from that."
They stared at Blaine.
"What?"
"Hic!"
"I can't take this anymore!" Andy smacks Marc on the back.
"Ow! What…hic…was that for?"
"To stop the hiccups."
"That's for choking, you dolt."
"Who are you calling a dolt, Capatch?"
"WELL HICCUPS ARE CAUSED BY SPASMS IN THE DIAGHPHRAM YOU DOLT!"
Andy stopped. "Oh, you mean here?" He turned Marc around and punched him in the stomach.
Blaine and Ken tried to hold their laughter in.
"You…hic…bastard."
"Well, we could always try scaring him," Ken suggested.
"BOO! Andy yelled in Marc's ear.
"Oh, I'm…hic…petrified."
"Then the only cure I can think of is giving them to someone else."
Andy and Blaine stared at Ken.
"That," Andy began, "is the stupidest thing I ever heard." He turned to Marc. "And stop staring at me!"
"Why not? Everything else didn't work."
"Well, I don't want them!"
"Look, Andy, I'm desperate to get rid of them! You just happened to be in my line of vision!"
Andy was about to make a smartass remark when Ken stopped them.
"Marc, your hiccups are gone."
He blinked.
"So they are."
"Hic!"
Everyone turned to Blaine, who hiccupped again. They sighed.
"I'll get some more water."
"I'll plug his ears."
"I wonder if this place has chopsticks?"