Fan Fiction ❯ High School Days... But Fun ❯ See Exposition Can Be Fun ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is the story that a lot of kids in school read. W have decided to post it so we can update while I am in college. Yes we have stolen ideas from everywhere but we do own this story do not steal if you want to use ask we wil probably say yes all of our friends write fanfics based on our story so we have no problem with it anyway its the usual drill. I Kaya real name Lida and Rinu real name Amanda both write these stories. We take turns so I will show who wrote what with a K or a R I think you can guess what they stand for. I hope you enjoy and please review and read our other stories. Pleeeeaaaassseeeee anyway have fun byebye.

-------

Day 1- See Exposition Can Be Fun

------

R- It was a warm sunny day and Rinu was taking full advantage of it. She just happened to not go to school that day and was lying under a tree slipping into in and out of sleep. Another girl was walking towards Rinu, we can assume she to was skipping school. Bad children! Oh well. Rinu finally started sleeping when the girl finally came up to Rinu and kicked her in the leg. She awoke fast and looked up at the girl.

"Skipping school again Rinu?" she said.

"Kaya I'm hurt, how could you accuse me of doing something like that, oh what are you doing here? Huh?" Rinu said. Kaya kicked her again. "Ow! What was that for!"

"Mr. S. sent me out to find you. So come on. "Kaya said and kicked Rinu again.

"Dammit Kaya! Stop kicking me!" Rinu protested.

"We have the sword session to do today, so come on." Kaya said and pulled Rinu up.

"What a load of Shippo." Rinu grumbled and they walked towards the school building.

--------

K- Class had already started as Rinu and Kaya walked in, Rinu slouching Kaya walking upright and as calm as always.

"There you are! Rinu you fight Tinu. Kaya you take ooooonnnnnnnn....... uhhh you fight uhhhh.... Hey you Rier!" Mr. S. called as he dragged in the upperclassman. Rier grinned

"Yeah Teach?" Mr. S. gave him a big fake grin

"Your third in the upper-class right?"

Rier replied "Well yeah."

"Good you get to fight Kaya." The color drained from his face.

"What? But.. but she's.." Rier stumbled. Mr. S. smiled at him again

"Oh go to it. Have fun." he said cheerfully pushing Rier adding under his breath "Sucker." Rinu picked up a sword and sauntered over to Tinu. Tinu grinned like a fool.

"He must really think I am good to pair me with you all the time." Rinu rolled her eyes before taking position.

"Nahhhh he just likes rhyming Rinu, Tinu sounds funny." She stated as she launched at him.

Kaya was standing with her sword looking bored as Rier approached her cautiously. "Ummm Hi. Yeah. So tell me when you are ready to attack." Kaya raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever. I need to work on defense. Attack." Rier stuttered

"Bbbbut." Kaya sighed.

"I'm feeling sort of sluggish today. You might beat me I'm afraid so I'd rather work on my defense so I stand a chance." At that Rier straightened.

"All right! Yes!" before launching into a class five attack pattern. He knew the only way to defeat her was to take her down quick. Kaya side stepped the first swing then maneuvered through the others like water occasionally deflecting with her sword until she was standing against the wall. Rier let out a cry of joy and went for the kill position when to his surprise Kaya disappeared. She had jumped with a twirl above him and landed behind him with her sword on his neck. In a bored tone she stated

"You lose. Work on your third position it was a little low." before turning and walking over to a corner to work on her sword positions. Mr. S. walked over to the stunned Rier

"Ouch that hurt I bet. Sorry. Thanks anyway for the help. She's a flower that none. A metal one yes but still a flower." Rier shook his head still in shock.

"More like a Venus fly trap. You know people call her Artemis when she isn't around." Mr. S, nodded

"Ahhh yes the goddess of the hunt and virginity." Rier shook his head.

"That and a guy once caught Artemis bathing so she turned him into a stag and had his own dogs kill him." Mr. S. stopped nodding.

"Oh."

Rinu walked over to where Kaya was going through the slow motions of her practice. "How fast was it?" Rinu asked.

"With or without his ramblings?" Kaya asked never pausing in her movements.

"With."

"73 seconds total 33 seconds of fighting. Yours?" Rinu laughed

"I played with him so it took about 24 seconds." Kaya stopped moving as the bell rang "Math period." she said. Rinu cried out

"Nononononononon No! I refuse." as she sat crossed legged on the floor pouting. Kaya grabbed her by her braid and calmly walked down the hall. "Noooooo" Rinu yelled with tears streaming down her face. "Anything but Math!!" Kaya dragged her into the classroom replying

"Get over it. Rinu."

-------

R- "Kaya we are in fighting school! Why do we need to take Maaatttthhhhh!!"

"Math is your worst subject. I mean you only have a 99 average, opposed to my 105." Kaya said.

"When lunch comes around I am so out of here." Rinu mumbles.

"What was that Rinu?" Kaya asked still dragging Rinu's braid.

- Math Class-

" Okay students today we will be reviewing derivatives. Get out a sheet of paper and your textbooks. RINU GET BACK IN YOUR SEAT NOW!!" He yelled as Rinu tried to sneak out of the class.

"Dammit." Rinu mutters and Kaya gives her an odd look.

"Okay students, today we will be getting a new student from Virtus Deorum." There were several boos from the class and Rinu sighed visibly. The school was their long time rival. "Shut up kids. His name is Kaji. Treat him the way you want to be treated... Where's Rinu?" Rinu was already running down the hall to the parking lot.

"Hahahahahaaha!" Rinu laughed yelling.

"Rinu." Kaya said from next to her and Rinu froze. "I know you to well, now let us get back to class." Kaya said and grabbed Rinu's braid again. They were about to enter the building when an announcement came over the loudspeakers.

"Will the members of the Upper Fight Club report to the lobby. Will all members of the Upper Fight Club please report to the lobby. Thank you."

"Dunno, we have to go down." Kaya says. Rinu breaks out into a huge smile.

"This means ..... NO MATH! YAY!" Rinu skips down the hallway to the lobby. The assortment of people at the lobby was strange indeed. Rinu was vice-president (they couldn't make her president she skipped to much and had an aversion to paperwork) Kaya was president. There new kid Kaji was there. Then there was Rachel, Daichi, Rier, Bambi and the smallest one there, little Emily. Emily was small, but that made her faster and more nimble, she was the third best fighter on the team after Kaya and Rinu.

"We have a tournament today guys." Mr. S. announced. There was surprised looks by everyone. "I know its on short notice. Now get ready." he continued. The students scattered to the "Battle" room and prepared. Rinu got on her Katana and her fighting jersey, something like chain mail but lighter. She took her braid and made it into a bun and put it on top of her head. She put leg armor on and strapped her belt and sheath to her waist. Beside her Kaya was putting on her armor over her school uniform a skirt never truly hindered her. Her armor was simple in design. A blue and silver breastplate that was form fitting and only covered the upper half of her chest. She also wore matching small arm and shin guards with very plain design on them of one blue and white rose as well as a matching neck armor that appeared to be a choker but in the same design. She wore thick leather gloves that were cut off at her fingers so she could feel her weapon. She unbraided her hair and put it in a high ponytail that draped to her upper back. The others got ready as well in their armor except Kaji who was just putting on his belt and sheath. No armor, no anything. Rinu walked over.

"Hey, Kaji, sorry dude, the school rules say we have to wear armor." Rinu said dejectedly.

"I don't Do armor, save it for the weaklings." he said as he turned his head towards the others.

"If you can't play by the rules, don't play at all." Rinu said angrily as Kaya came over.

"Whats up Rinu?" she asked.

"He refuses to wear armor." Rinu says talking like he wasn't there. Kaya turned to him.

"So you are the new kid? From that school? Well since your new I wont go to hard on you. If you can beat Rinu in a fight, then you wont have to wear armor. Until then get yourself ready." Kaya says and walks away. Kaji opens his locker and mumbles something as Rinu walks away.

-- The bus to the fight--

Everyone loaded on the bus excited, they always were before a match. The swords and other weapons, Emily used a ninja star and Rachel used a staff, were in the back and everyone sang songs of victory, except Kaya and Kaji but he was new so didn't count yet. They were taking on his school, of course. Rinu lead the singing while Kaya stared out the window, occasionally humming a tune. She was thinking on how suddenly they had been challenged, usually a few days notice was given before a challenge. Something didn't feel right.

As the bus moved closer to the school the singing stopped, everyone was reviewing their techniques quietly. Rinu wasn't arrogant she just knew she could win, but butterflies still fluttered in her stomach, which hadn't happened since her first match when she was ten. Maybe it was the new student, he was from the school they were going to fight and he wasn't reviewed for fighting. This made her uneasy but she soon dismissed the butterflies when the bus pulled into the school's driveway. Everyone put on their game faces, this was their rival. Other schools thought they were there rivals, but were beaten nearly every time. They entered as usual and went directly to the arena, Rinu in the lead with Kaya coming last. Rinu thought to herself

"Dang we are so going to win."

---------------

K- Rinu walked forward to the program coordinator. A tall man in a green suit. "Where's the team leader so we can discuss terms?" he looked down at Rinu. "Are you this teams leader?" Rinu shook her head no. "Well then get the leader." Rinu clenched her fists.

"I speak for the leader she doesn't like to talk to much." The man shook his head.

"We need the team leader." Rinu sighed

"Fine fine I'll get her. Kaya! You need to do the terms, sorry." Kaya got up from where she had been sitting and walked over. The man raised an eyebrow to which Rinu replied "She is the technical leader but I handle most of the talking. I am better at talking she is better at ordering." The man shook his head amused. Kaya walked forward

"Yes?" The coordinator replied

"The other team leader will be right here." then walked away. Rinu looked at Kaya

"Does anything ring wrong here?" Kaya looked at Rinu and replied "Yeah but we will just have to be more careful is all." Rinu nodded and Kaya went back to tell everyone to check their equipment again. Kaya was the leader and did all the organization, paperwork, and other things. Rinu was the one who handled the talking and dealing with people. To get Kaya took to long that and she usually made people nervous. No one really knew who was the better fighter. Whenever they fought it always ended in a stalemate because they both knew each other to well and could read each others moves to easy. They had different patterns of fighting that seemed to work together really well Kaya was mostly used defense to wear out opponents while Rinu was a very aggressive fighter who was almost purely attack patterned. Rinu was scary, outgoing, and kinda nice, while Kaya was scary, introvert, and sorta nice. No one understood their friendship but everyone knew if you messed with one you messed with the other. Kaya was calm person who rarely showed emotion but when she did it was strong. She used a Kitana and Kodachi occasionally also using daggers most hidden in her hair but every once and awhile she pulled one from a boot or a sleeve. No one ever knew how many weapons she had on her and no one particularly wanted to find out. Small around she seemed less than formidable with her shiny black hair hanging down past her waist and stunning green eyes. Everyone in their school had heard of her, unlike Rinu she played with people a bit to make them feel less embarrassed she always used just enough strength to defeat an opponent. She made it look far to easy . For both her and Rinu school work was nothing. Suddenly out came the teams leader. He was tall, about 6 foot with short unruly black hair and blue eyes. He had an easy confident smile especially now as he looked at the 5'5 foot girl standing in front of him as she asked

"Okay what do you suggest this time?"

"How about the usual. One on one matches, entire team, the team with the most wins takes it all?" Kaya nodded at the captain Kaiyo

"Top fighters go last." Kaiyo smiled

"Okay that sounds good." Kaya nodded and walked away. Kaiyo shook his head mumbling "Talkative as always." Rinu nodded at him before chasing after Kaya.

"So what is the order? Kaya?" Kaya looked around at her team focusing on Joseph last.

"Daichi last then Rachel, Bambi, Rier, Emily, then Joseph then you then me." Rinu raised an eyebrow at what Kaya told her

"You really want to put him that high on the list?" Kaya looked at Kaji quietly "We are the best fighters from our training school right? To get in our group he has to be good and I want to test his paces. Also this way everyone but us is down a level so we have a better chance of winning the majority of the matches." Rinu gaped at Kaya for saying so much in one sitting before nodding her agreement

"I guess so." Kaya walked over and announced the order. Kaji looked extremely surprised but said nothing. Kaya and Rinu walked up to Kaiyo and stood and watched as Daichi and his opponent got in the ring. Kaiyo grinned

"This should be entertaining." Rinu and Kaya nodded Rinu replying

"You betcha." Kaya just got a light look on her face

"That it should."

--------

R- Rinu sat down on the side lines and watched the fight from the sidelines. Who would fight who in the last fights would be decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors but until then she would just enjoy watching the fights. Daichi and his opponent were closely matched. The only way this fight would end is if- ah nevermind ran through her mind, its over. Daichi pulled out his dagger and ended the fight. He walked off the field into the arms of Rachel, Emily and Rinu who were cheering for him rather loudly. Rachel rolled up her sleeves and took her staff and meditated before levitating herself onto the field. Out of the whole team she was the only magically endowed one. It made for an awesome fight. The opponent looked spooked, which proved he was just beginning this year.

"This one will be short." Rinu said.

"Maybe..." Kaya replied and Rinu looked at her

"What do you mean?"

"We are going to lose this one." Kaya said and stood up getting the first aid kit ready.

A few minutes later Rachel was knocked from the ring. Kaya went to her and took care of a cut on her back. The fight was at first, going in Rachel's favor then the opponent pulled out a strange energy sword. Well it was downhill from there. Rinu looked a little troubled but quickly resolved herself and helped Rachel up.

"When we get home we will work on that." Rinu said kindly and put her arm around Rachel's shoulder and walked her over to the station. Daichi was up and about practicing. "Dustin what are you doing? You got knocked in the head, take it easy!" Rinu said and pushed him in a chair. Rinu helped Rachel down into a chair and tended to her. Outside the fight had just begun. Rinu counted in her mind. After 5 minutes Bambi stepped down, the winner. She shrugged off the pats and came in to take over caring for the wounded.

"The next fight has started. The opponent is a joke. Rier will win, of course." Bambi said and Rinu stood up to leave.

"Of course." Rinu said walking out. Emily was prepping as Rier was dodging, basically flying around, the opponent was a well seasoned girl who was calm and quick to fight. She placed precision blows, but only one hit home and Rier just shrugged it off. Rinu knew he was talking while he dodged. Rinu looked at Kaya.

"He needs to break that habit, it could get him in trouble later on." Kaya nodded.

"Its over." Both Rier and the girl stopped moving. After a couple of seconds Rier started dancing and the girl fell over, knocked out. He skipped off the fighting stage and was met with Rinu smacking him in the head.

"Cut that out." Rinu said and Rier sat down on the floor. Rinu went to Emily and said a few words of encouragement and sent her off.

---------

K- Emily pulled out her ninja stars and short Kitana. She faced off against a big man who had a long sword. He seemed a joke but Kaya got out more of the first aid supplies. Rinu looked at her.

"Your nuts. He's a big oaf Emily is so gonna win." Kaya nodded

"She probably will but it wont be easy." Rinu looked at him again cautiously

"If you say so." The big guy turned out to not only be strong but almost as fast as Emily apparently he knew his weakness and had worked on it. He was quick enough to block most of her throwing stars with his sword but a stray one caught him in the leg. After that Emily had a bit of an easier time finally narrowly avoiding a sword blow to knock him out with the handle of her short kitana. Emily gave him a pat on the head with a

"Good job." before limping out of the ring to Kaya's gentle hands with the first aid. Joseph walked over to Kaya before entering the ring.

"Why am I going now? How do you know I wont lose to support the old team." Kaya kept working on Emily while her and Rinu leaned in for the awnser.

"Because I want you to fight now and you are to prideful to throw a fight." Rinu and Emily gaped that Kaya had actually awnsered him with more than one word while Kaji gave her an appraising look and snorted before going to the ring. He pulled out his two short swords and got in position while his old team mate took position.

"Hey K good to see you. To bad your going down in the world. You know you cant win this I am the third on our better team and you never made it past 6th. Your doomed." The guy took out a claimort sword and readied himself. Kaji didn't reply he just launched into an attack. Kaya nodded approvingly while Rinu, who had stiffened at the 6th comment looked at her.

"What?" Kaya continued her working on Emily until she was done before standing and looking at the fight.

"He will win because he wants to. He is determined." Rinu replied again

"If you say so." The fight was rather quick. Kaji let his opponent attack him twice before going for an opening. He used his sword to disarm him and tripped him. The fight ended with Kaji's sword at his throat and him surrendering. His opponent gaped

"How did you do that? Your not that good?" Kaji handed him his sword and replied while walking away.

"I cared this time." Everyone but Kaya ran over and shook his hand praising him even Rinu. Kaya gave him an approving nod before continuing organizing the supplies. Kaji brushed past everyone to go sit down next to the wall. Rinu stuck her tongue out at him for which Kaya kicked her.

"Hey OW what was that for!?" Kaya nodded at the arena.

"Straighten up its your turn."

--------

R- "Why do I gotta go next! I thought we were going to do rock, paper, scissors!" Rinu pouted.

"You lost. Now go." Kaya said as she threw Rinu's sword at her which she caught.

"Fine fine FINE!" Rinu yelled and jumped onto the "stage" Rinu's opponent was a girl with a whip.

"So Rinu we fight again." she said and snapped her whip.

"Well I guess we do, I am, going to beat you." Rinu said poising for an attack. Rinu's sword was like a katana, except for near the hilt where an angular piece of sharp metal protruded. The hilt was covered in gray cloth. Lin's opponent wasn't wearing much armor and she had a lot of skin showing (if you know what I mean) her whip had a "sting" on the end. She was used to striking from afar, Rinu figured if Rinu got close enough she wouldn't be able to attack, but she might have a dagger hidden... Whatever Rinu didn't want to think of that. The opponent snapped her whip by Rinu's head, but Rinu didn't even flinch. Rinu flashed by and went behind her, but she turned just in time to dodge Rinu's attack. Rinu flashed again and tripped her over and put the sword to her neck. The referee called Rinu's win and Rinu started to walk away. The girl screamed in rage and took out a dagger the size of her forearm and shoved it between Rinu's shoulder blades. Rinu ducked in time to stop a killing blow, but not enough to keep herself from being cut. Rinu had a deep gash but still kept walking till she got offstage. She then took off her armor and let Bambi tend her wound. Kaya walked by.

"You okay Rinu?" she asked. Rinu put up a big goofy smile and put her arm up.

"Tis only a flesh wound!" she cried and Kaji looked at her funny. "Your turn Kaya, beat them up."

---------

K- Kaya turned her eyes to the girl Rinu had just beaten and walked over slowly. She looked straight into her eyes and said quietly and calmly

"Do not try something like that again." The girl nodded her head jerkily her eyes wide. Kaya walked calmly to the ring where Kaiyo waited. She looked at him. "Watch your team better." Kaiyo nodded looking disgusted.

"Yes I know trust me she and I are going to have a "talk". Kaya nodded with a small grin.

"We already have won no matter this fight." Kaiyo nodded before grinning.

"I know but I still want to fight. I mean it is rare we get to fight without everything riding on us. And fighting with you is always fun... challenging but fun." Kaya nodded getting into position. Kaiyo was one of the only ones that had ever given Kaya problems since she had moved there. He admired her and she respected him, it was going to be a good fight. Although not many in that school were, Kaiyo was honorable so Kaya thought of him as a acquaintance not an enemy though certainly not as a friend that would be stupid in her eyes as she had to fight him. Kaiyo pulled out his claimort. They circled for a few seconds before Kaya launched in low. Kaiyo was one of the few she actually attacked right away in battle. Kaiyo jumped high attempting to come down on Kaya but she just rolled forward launching to her feet and spinning around her sword aimed for where Kaiyo would land only to hear the clang as their swords met and he blocked. Again they circled neither hearing the cheering of the crowd or seeing the astonished faces of those who could barely follow their movements. Rinu was jumping up and down screaming with others she knew Kaya was going to win. Kaya was having fun when Kaya was having fun she always won because she was into it. She came close to losing every once and awhile against weaklings only because she was so bored she stopped caring. When she was bored you might catch her off guard... maybe. Next Kaiyo attacked, swinging high and aiming for Kaya's shoulder. Kaya ducked in time feeling her ponytail move with the wind from the swords movement. Standing she swung at his exposed stomach but he barely managed to suck in enough and jump back to not be hit. Now they really got into it. The both swung their swords at incredible speeds only to be blocked or dodged. Finally came the change point when Kaya tripped on a stone that seemed to have appeared from nowhere. Kaiyo took his chance only to have his sword blocked by Kaya's armored wrist as she knelt on the ground. Moving her arm to quick to register she moved her arm so she was holding the sword with her gloved hand away from her and with her other hand she brought up her sword to his neck and halted. He blinked slowly for a second before he dropped his sword and conceded laughing.

"I really thought I had you there for a second. I'm sorry I shouldn't have taken the opening but I didn't realize my team mate had thrown the stone until it was to late. No hard feelings?" Kaya nodded with a light face as he helped her up. "Well see you later. Congratulations! I need to have that talk earlier than I thought. Bye." His smile suddenly turned murderous as he started toward the girl with the whip she gulped hard looking a little pale. Kaya walked toward her team mates calmly jumped down and walked toward the first aid kit. Everyone was jumping and laughing (except Kaji) in a real good mood. Rinu looked funny as Kaya got out the bandages.

"Whats wrong? I don't think I saw you get hurt." Kaya shrugged and took off her left glove revealing a gash in her hand where she had grabbed the sword and it had cut through the leather. It was not deep but it was long. Rinu rolled her eyes as Kaya wrapped her hand. "You need to be more careful." Kaya stopped wrapping her hand and looked at Rinu.

"How is the back wound?" Rinu got a big goofy grin.

"Oh yeah HeHeHeHeHe probably shouldn't be talking huh? Umm Oh well .. Hey I know! When we get back lets skip the last periods and have a celebration." Everyone nodded happily except Kaji who just sulked (though less than before) and Kaya who merely shook her head in amusement. Rinu grinned whooping as they all piled on the bus. "Woohoo I don't have to go to Diction class. Never understood the point of all of it anyway." Kaya shook her head once again in amusement as they drove back.

---------

R- When the bus arrived and the students got off Rinu had dissapeared she was last seen walking with Kaji in the parking lot.

"You did an awesome job Kaj." Rinu said giving him the thumbs up. He looked over at Rinu and then looking ahead.

"........ Thanks Rinu." He said and went silent.

"That was awesome. I will take you out for dinner. Is that cool?" Rinu said and Kaji looked shocked then he recovered.

"Why? What about your back?" he said.

"It's cool, `cuz I like ya, and of course `cuz your a good fighter." Rinu said happily and hopped into a black convertible with a gray fire decorated on the sides. Kaji got in and Rinu started the car and they took off. Kaya was watching from one of the windows.

"Rinu, you can be so immature sometime." Kaya said under her breath and turned away.

Rinu stopped at a nice restaurant and she pulled Kaji out of the car into the restaurant. Rinu took a table and Kaji walked in and sat down across from her.

"What would you like to drink?" the waitress asked.

"Give me a chocolate milkshake!" Rinu declared.

"I will take a Pepsi." Kaji said quietly and looked at the menu. He was tense, but Rinu was completely relaxed . A couple of minutes later the door burst open and Bambi and Daichi came in followed by Rachel, Rier and finally Kaya.

"Over here!" Rinu yelled and they all pulled up chairs to Rinu's and Kaji's table.

"Hows that wound Rinu?" Daichi asked patting Rinu's back. Rinu winced and stuck out her tongue. Kaya sat down by Rinu and quietly gave her order of drink to the waitress. Everyone ordered their drinks and they decided to order a pepperoni pizza. Everyone was cheerful and thought the restaurant was going to kick them out. They stayed for nearly two hours before they had to close. Everyone went to their car and took off.

"So where do you live?" Rinu asked Kaji as they got in the car.

"On **** street a little ways down." Kaji said. He had loosened up considerably and was talking more. Rinu dropped him off and headed to her school road apartment she shared with Kaya, well not exactly with, a room down with her dad and little brother. Her parents were divorced so she lives with her dad.

"Dad, Alex! I'm home!" Rinu yelled.

"Did you eat Rinu?" Rinu's dad said from the kitchen.

"Yep we went out after a surprise match." Rinu said.

"How did you do?!" Alex asked. Alex is Rinu's 13 year old brother.

"We won, as usual." Rinu said and sat down.

"I am doing my homework now dad." Rinu said.

"Okay, we are going to watch TV. When you are done clean up."

"OK." Rinu said and bent over her math homework.

"Did you skip class today?" Rinu's father asked, walking into the kitchen, Alex was in the living room watching a movie.

"Yeah." Rinu said quietly.

"How many times have I told you not to skip class!" Rinu's father yelled.

Rinu didn't awnser and attempted to go back to her homework. She knew what was going to happen, she also knew not to dodge his slaps. The first one connected with the side of her head, the next one the back of her head and the final across the face. Everytime the Great Rinu skipped class she received this punishment. Rinu's father left the room and Rinu went back to her homework. When she was done she went to her room and locked the door. She lied on her bed and stared at the ceiling until she heard a tap on her window. Kaya was on the fire escape that connected their rooms. Rinu climbed out onto it.

"He did it again?" Kaya asked knowingly as she looked at Rinu.

"Yeah." Rinu said holding her face. "He doesn't hit hard. Not as hard as that whip chic."

"She must have gotten into big trouble." Kaya said.

"Probably. She cheated. I wonder what Kaiyo will do to her." Rinu said sitting down. Kaya sat down beside her.

"Probably kicked her off." There was a moment of silence. "I want you to come live with me and my brother." Kaya said. Rinu shook her head.

"Can't. I don't want to intrude. Plus I can't leave Alex alone. I really thought I was doing something right ya' know?" Rinu says and Kaya tugged her braid.

"You have. Your part of the team. By the way, why did you leave Kaji?" Kaya asked. Rinu begins unbraiding her hair.

"Cuz' no one seems to be giving him a chance. So I thought I oughta try and be his friend." Rinu said.

"Did it work?" Kaya asked curiously.

"I think so. We talked a lot on the way to his house. He really loosened up after the party. He better get used to it. We seldom loose." Rinu said and looked up at the stars.

"I am glad to see he is adjusting well. Now let me see your back." Kaya told her. Rinu showed Kaya her back. "Does your dad know about your back?" Kaya asked.

"Hell no. Then he would've hit me there." Rinu exclaimed.

"Kaya come inside, it's time for Witch Hunter Robin!" Kaya's brother said and they went back to their rooms. Rinu tried her best to sleep with her back and her headache.

"Goodnight Everyone." Rinu said and fell asleep

-------

K- Kaya climbed back into her apartment to see someone moving around. "OoKami?" she cried out. A head popped out of the kitchen.

"Kyattsuai! Your back! Dinners almost ready." Kaya smiled at her brother. Yes a true smile only he got.

"Coming whats for dinner?" OoKami smiled.

"I kinda threw everything in a pot that looked like it was going to go bad soon. Sounds good ne?" Kaya laughed.

"Sure sure I'll get plates." Ookami had a way with food. Kaya wasn't sure what that way was but it was a way. Sometimes it worked in his favor and sometimes... well Kaya had been so sick she almost lost a fight. Kaya nowadays had an iron clad stomach and could eat anything in front of her, though usually she only ate OoKami's cooking. She trusted him. Hitorimono siblings lived next door to Rinu but their place was much better. Always full of light, bright colors, it was a relaxing home to walk into, not that many people did though. The siblings liked each other enough not to need company. They were really rich though you couldn't tell by their simple house and clothing. No one knew what Ookami did for work except for maybe Kaya. Sometimes he would be gone for awhile and return in a suit and sometimes raggedy jeans. No one truly knew anything about them. Ookami appeared to be twenty or so and people didn't even know if he was really related to Kaya at all even though they called each other brother and sister. They certainly didn't look alike. Kaya had long black hair that fell when in a braid to her mid back. Her face was pretty and soft but could turn hard in a moment. She stood 5foot 3 inches and always had a twinkle in her eyes around Ookami. Ookami stood six feet tall and had orange hair that fell around his face but not long. He was fair unlike Kaya's tanned body and he nearly was always smiling. Skinny but muscular was the only was he looked like Kaya. Ookami and Kaya were both quirky but understood each other almost perfectly... almost. People always found them both strange since they moved there about eight months ago. Ookami had enrolled Kaya to the fight school instead of the regular school because he thought she might be more entertained.

Ookami and Kaya settled on the settled on the pillows in front of the couch and spread out their meal before them.

"Eat up, Kyattsuai." he said. Kaya giggled, Ookami was the only one to call her by her full name and she liked it that way. They both raised a spoon waiting for the other to eat first. After a minute they started laughing. "Okay okay on the count of three." Ookami burst out. "We will die together." He continued dramatically. Together they both counted down giggling.

"3...2...1!" Stuffing it in their mouths they started chewing. Kaya's eyes lit up.

"This is good." Ookami laughed.

"Why thank you. I am amazing." Giving him a playful push Kaya dug into her meal as he turned on the t.v., flipping channels while eating. "Oooh Jeopardy." Ookami said.

"Ugh no, they are always idiots. Who doesn't know that Loki is the Norse god of chaos. Or that the Castle of Llyr was written by Alexander Lloyd." Kaya replied, Ookami laughed

"Yeah, Yeah. Ooh! A new Witch Hunter Robin.", Kaya leaned in,

"Ooh now we are talking."

After eating while lighting up a cigarette Ookami asked, "So how's Rinu?".

Kaya answered "Same old stuff."

Ookami shook his head, "You offered her a room here, right?"

Kaya nodded "As always, yes. If she gets desperate, can both her and her little bro move in?"

Ookami took a puff of his cigarette, considering, "Yeah, I guess that would be okay. We would have to tone down our lifestyle for a kid though."

Kaya nodded, "Yeah, I know but I'd be willing."

Ookami nodded, "Yeah, me too.... So I hear you have a new kid. How's they working out?"

Kaya nodded, smiling, "You are going to kill yourself smoking so much"

Ookami nodded "Yep, but at least I'll die on MY terms. Anyway stop avoiding. You need to open up more to people. I bet you didn't even smile at the new person."

Kaya looked down with a sheepish grin, "I can't help it. You and Rinu are the only people that I really feel I can trust. I just prefer hiding from people. That and most people think I'm a weirdo. People also don't like that I'm stronger and smarter than them. And I am for most for most people.... I don't know".

Ookami threw an arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry kid you'll get it. You just need to work at it. You can be nice. Just try. You just aren't used to it. Smile and people will love you."

Kaya gave an embarrassed grin, "Thanks Bro.", giving him a hug.

Suddenly his grin faded into a look of confusion." You avoided the question again, didn't you?"

Kaya grinned, "Yes, yes. His name is Kaji and I think he will do fine. He is too prideful to loose. Hehehe, I think he likes Rinu and she likes him. Hehehe cute couple they would make."

Ookami laughed with her. After a little while Ookami faced her with a smile, "Since we might have a young visitor I say we get a little out of our systems. Huh?"

Kaya grinned "I'll get the sake!"

Ookami yelled "I'll turn on Bad Boys movie and get the whiskey. We take a shot every swear word."

"Cool", Kaya yelled.

- 3 HOURS LATER-

Kaya and Ookami lay half passed out on the floor with 3 bottles of sake and two bottles of whiskey. "That was fun" Kaya whispered.

Ookami nodded, "Yeah............... Kyattsuai, promise me you'll try to smile more."

Kaya sighed staring at the ceiling, "Okay I'll... try."

Ookami smiled, "Good", before passing out.

Kaya listened to his snores. "Night Bro.", she whispered before rolling and falling asleep as well.

-------

Anyway that wasn't so bad was it? I hope you liked it. If you want more review. I have a friend typing up our written version and being paid off in another one of my stories to read mwahahaha I love bribery anyway byebye.