Fan Fiction ❯ Hikari no Yume ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
Accident's happen
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was quiet. Almost peaceful. Well, it could have been if not for the unsettling pain in the arms. Shouldn't they be numb by now? A sigh escaped from a young girl. She stood against a school's hall walls holding two buckets. Even though it was the year 2031, her school did everything the super old fashion way. She was slightly taller then most girls in her class. she was 17 and a little over 5'6''. She had long black hair that extended down far past her rear which was in a low ponytail. She was fair in skin color with deep blue eyes. Although pretty, she wasn't that popular.

"Hikari-chan!" a young female voice called out. She turned slightly to a girl walking towards her. This chick had shoulder-length brown hair tied in a high pony-tail. She was a bit shorter then Hikari.

"ah, Minako-chan," she breathed out.

"hm? did you get in trouble again?" Minako asked not sounding too surprised.

"OH! um, eh heh yea, I fell asleep in class again," She said with a smile.

"Don't sound so proud of it..." her friend murmered.

"?" Hikari didn't quite understand. She wasn't proud of the fact.

Her friend sighed and scratched her head. "Well i better get on back to class, i think they'll get a little suspicious about a too-long bathroom break ne?" Minako said walking away and waving goodbye.

"Ah! right! Ja!" (Ja = bye) Hikari said with a short bow.

After torture in the hall and a couple more classes, Hikari and the rest of the school were dismissed for the day. She walked home with Minako as her usual. The conversation was mainly around how Hikari was stupid enough to fall asleep. Hikari didn't really make any convincing excuses other than that she was sleepy. After calling her an idiot a couple more times Minako excused herself.

"It's 3:00 i gotta get to work, bye hikari!" she said waving. Hikari waved back with a small smile and let out a sigh. It was a little lonely without her or anyone else around. Ah well, time to go home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She arrived at the apartments she and her dad lived in. They were quite spacious indeed compared to some places. Her dad made quite a lot of money so they could afford it. She frowned as she turned the key to the lock. Sure he made money, but she didn't really know what his job was to get it. No, she knew it wasn't anything illegal... but still, she felt kind of bad when people at school would say what their parents did or a living and all she could answer with was 'i don't know'. She kind of got a hard time about it.
Hikari opened the door to the aparment.

"I'm home dad!" she called placing her keys on a shelf next to her. There was no answer. "Dad?" she frowned a bit not being too suprised. She flipped some loose strands of her hair behind her ear. "guess he had some errands or something..."
She went to her room to go change out of her uniform. She went over to her dresser and pulled out a large t-shirt and pants. (She's not a tomboy, she just likes being comfortable) While doing so she turned on her answering machine that was on the floor.

"YOU HAVE TWO NEW MESSAGES AND TWENTY-THREE OLD MESSAGES" The machine said as she pulled of Hikari pulled off her skirt. She made a mental note to erase all of those later. "*BEEP* Hey this is Minako, guess your not home yet. I just wanted to say sorry for leaving you to walk home alone again I Know you'll forgive me though," Hikari smirked. "bye!" She was finishing buttoning her pants when the next one started, "*beep* Hello this is Sayo from the Byokigachi hospital there's been an accident..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You've got to let me see him!!" Hikari cried from the arms of one of the medical staff. "please! He's my dad! please..." She sobbed.

"I apologize ma'am, we have to keep you out of the way."

Hikari finally allowed them to lead her to the waiting room. She sat solemnly. Not this again... she was tired of waiting for a parent in the room. She was tired of waiting to hear the news. She didn't want to hear. What happened... what happened to him? couldn't they at least have told me that? she thought resting her heads on her knees, which were close to her chest. After an hour or so of waiting, one of the medical staff appeared before her. She stood. It appeared that he only had a few injuries. His arm was broken and only a few cuts and bruises. However, even though his physical damage wasn't much, he seemed to be in that of a coma, And they didn't seem to know why.

"um, um, do you know what the accident was?" Hikari asked nervously. The Nurse shook her head.

"He was merely brought in by a couple men working at this address," The woman handed Hikari a small card with information on it. Was this her dad's work? or... company? "H.A.R.P." she murmered.