Fan Fiction ❯ Human Spirit Insomnia ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
playground, school bell rings, again
Ivy Iverson went outside after a typical day of school has ended. She brought with her a book bag full of homework and textbooks.

Rain clouds come to play, again
The rain was pouring again for the third time this week, so she took out her umbrella to shield her silver-violet-blue hair that was braided with extra little buns on each side of her head. Her ruby eyes were looking downward for the walk home.
no one told you she's not breathing?
Suddenly, Ivy finds a person in her way, fallen, in a uniform just like hers: robin's egg blue skirt with the same colored collar for the rather plain white blouse, but soaking wet. Yet something was wrong with her. Ivy gasps to find that the body belonged to Setsuki, one of her classmates. Setsuki's face was a pale, ghostly blue and her jade eyes not yet closed and were a hazy glaze. Her once silky, long, baby blue hair was limp and lifeless. Setsuki was, unfortunately, suffocated to death.

Hello. I am your mind giving you someone to talk to...
hello?
Since no one was around, Ivy has decided to use her medium powers to go inside Setsuki's mind to figure out who has met her fate. She set her books and umbrella aside. Then, Ivy chanted and raised her arms up and let them fall down into Setsuki's delicate body and went inside. "Hello? Setsuki? Can you hear me?" Finally, a response was clear and rather lively. "Who are you?" Ivy dare not reveal her identity so she lied. "I'm your conscience. How are you? And why are you so happy?"

If I smile and don't...believe
soon, I know...I'll wake from this dream
"AHH!" Screamed Ivy. She was transformed into her bed. Sweat dropping rapidly down her neck and forehead. Her heart pounding so fast, it hurt her chest. She gave a smile of relief; yet, her grin instantly formed into a frown. She just couldn't believe that her vision was actually a bad dream! She heard cackling. She got up and thought that it was her companion, Mitsuko, just not sleeping. But it was Setsuki!!! Now, the room spun and now she was back on the blacktop of her school. "I must wake up!" thought Ivy.
try to fix me, I'm not broken
hello. I am the lie living for you, so you can hide...
don't cry
"What's wrong??? Is my conscience afraid of me? Because it was your fault that I committed suicide!" "What? Suicide? What gave you that inspiration to do that, Setsuki?" Inquired Ivy. "Because! I can't beat Ivy Iverson in intelligence! So I might as well die...AND DON'T YOU EVEN TRY TO STOP ME! I'm dead and gone, so you can conquer someone else's mind!" "You know what you did was wrong, don't you?" asked Ivy with a hint of sadness in her voice. She overcame with tears and covered her face with her hands. "My life was a lie. NOW GO AWAY OR ELSE I CAN'T REST IN PEACE!" Setsuki finally said that and ran away toward a bright light. Ivy never heard of her classmate ever again. "I always thought that she was my friend. But she classified me as an opponent! This isn't fair!"

suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
hello?! I'm still here
She was spinning again and was finally back in reality. Her head felt rather light and she collapsed. She came to in a few minutes and she was muddy, wet, and dizzy. She came home and instantly went into her bed. She pondered on why the human spirit can be so fragile. Even while her head ached as if her head was pounded repeatedly again and again with a hammer, she still could not go into a slumber. So she lay there, in her soaked uniform, forever pondering on the human spirit and soul.
that's left of yesterday.......
Somehow, the morning came around, and Ivy saw on the news that a 17-year-old girl by the name of Setsuki Kitsune has died from suffocation. Causes were unknown. There were no witnesses spotted....but Ivy knew of the truth. She gravely shook her head and slumped out of the door. She closed the door and heard the soft click of the hinge snapping into place. It was raining once more.