Fan Fiction ❯ I Feel Lucky ❯ I Feel Lucky ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Daar, Merle, or the song by Mary Chapin Carpenter, I Feel Lucky. But the rest is pretty much mine, so don't "Borrow without asking" that's STEALING! *looks around* And I'll send Dilly and the rest of the Slayers after you if you don't ask for what is not yours! BTW: Daar belongs to me sister, Meghanna Starsong, check out her ficcie Soulmates! It's awesome! Over 4 hundred reviews!

"Hope you're mornin' feels good, 'cause I feel lucky! Speaking of, here's the song by Mary Chapin Carpenter. I Feel Lucky." Was Merle's greeting from her alarm clock/radio. She padded into the kitchen in her long red T-shirt with the Portland Blazers logo on the back. Grabbing the paper where Daar had left it, on the faded 50's kitchen table, she flipped to the page in the back. It only took her finger a moment to find her daily dose of destiny under her sign. Her eyes just about popped out of her head, which had just about happened in the song on the radio, when she read "The stars are stacked against ya', girl, get back in bed." Merle snorted at the horoscope. If today was a bad day, then too bad for it. She though, sassily.

She dressed in a simple jean mini skirt, a matching denim jacket and red and white gingham sleeveless blouse. Topping her outfit with her new trademark piece of clothing was her pink Stetson cowgirl hat. As she walked out of the house the radio shut itself off.

She strolled two blocks to the conveience store where the usual things were sold, cheap beer, cheap candy, cheap condoms. She bought a pack of Hostess donuts and a Barqs Root Beer. Then she gave her numbers to the clerk, the pot was eleven million so she called in sick to work. She crossed the street against the light and headed straight for the park. But grey-blue clouds began to gather, the wind began to moan and she thought she heard a voice above her saying, "Girl you better get back home." She snorted for the second time that day and enjoyed a very sunny breakfast in the park.

Eleven million later she was sittin' at the bar, a guy name Dwight in the corner tryin' to catch her eye. Daar sittin' right beside her with his hand up on her thigh. She bought a round for the house and left an oversized tip at the grungy counter for the waitress, whom she judged to have questionable virtue. As she walked home with Daar, his arm around her waist, she started humming the opening lines of the fateful song she'd heard on the radio that morning......