Fan Fiction ❯ I wear my sunglasses at night because... ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wear my sunglasses at night because…
 
Disclaimer: Do not own Acheron. He belongs to Sherrilyn Kenyon. Only she knows who he really is. Also do not own the song.
 
Acheron awoke as the sun went down in his palace in Katoteros. He threw his legs over the side of the bed and yawned. He could already see most of the night's events playing through in his head like the previews to a horror movie. Having the power to see the future could be a real bother some times.
 
“Good nothing to traumatic is going down tonight, I hope.” He added standing up and instantly he was dressed in his hunting garb.
 
His tight black muscle shirt clung to his perfect muscular chest and six pack abs. His black leather pants looked like they were painted on. His long silken black hair was tied off in a ponytail. He picked his cell phone up off the night table and clipped it onto his belt. He picked up his shades and walked over to his mirror. He slipped the shades on to hide his swirling silver eyes. They tended to scare humans. He smirked at his reflection as he pushed the dark sunglasses up to the top of his nose. He touched the tattoo of a demon on his left arm and whispered, “Let's go to work.”
 
I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Watch you weave
Then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes
 
Acheron was about to flash himself to the humans' realm when he heard an all too familiar voice. “We need to talk.”
 
Acheron rolled his eyes and flashed himself to the temple of Artemis. “What?” He asked plainly irritated.
 
The goddess of the moon and hunt glared at him as she lounged on her silken chaise lounge. “You know perfectly well what! I have lost at least four dark hunters in less than five years! This is unacceptable!”
 
“Hey true love conquers all Arty there isn't anything you or I can do about it.” Acheron replied raising his hands in mock defeat.
 
“I'm a goddess of course I can do something about it!” Artemis whined.
 
Acheron gave a deep sigh and ran his hand through his hair. “Look Arty I'm not in the mood for one of your tantrums. Ok. Like you said we are short on dark hunters and I need to get out there. Daimons don't kill themselves you know?”
Artemis snorted with anger. “How dare you speak to me like that? Remember Acheron I own you!” She spat bitterly.
 
Acheron's face went stone and emotionless. “Unfortunately I can never forget that.” Without another word he turned and left. Artemis stood there watching him go and on the inside she stewed about how he could have been hers.
 
“Fool.” She spat at herself sadly as she sunk onto her chaise lounge. She had lost him to her own foolish pride and she only had herself to blame and no matter what she did she only drove him farther away. `Love sucks.'
 
While she's deceiving me
It cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade
On the guy in shades, oh-no
Don't masquerade
With the guy in shades, oh-no
I can't believe it
'Cause you got it made
With the guy in shades, oh-no


And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Forget my name while you collect your claim
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

 
Acheron sauntered down Bourbon Street in New Orleans all his senses trained on hunting Daimons. Humans stopped in their tracks to watch him walk by. Men feared and were intimidated by him and women melted and yearned for him.
 
He radiated sexual prowess and dark power. *Just what we want right girls? ^_^* He knew it too. If his life wasn't one big horror movie he might be flattered, but he didn't have time to think of himself when he was protecting his dark hunters and the humans. Thus was the life of a cursed god. He didn't normally help out, but New Orleans was out a few dark hunters as they were all being freed lately.
 
As he moved through the dark streets he heard a scream. “Time to play the hero.” He mused as he came around the corner of an alley to see two women cornered by a bunch of soul sucking daimons. Acheron wasted no time in using his awesome power to throw them across the alley into a wall. They turned to look at him and when they recognized their attacker's aura he caught the slightest scent of fear. They stood and growled at him, but before they could think to run or attack he flashed across the alley and lodged two daggers into their hearts and they burst into gold dust. He smirked and the two women on the opposite wall of the alley were shocked into jaw slacked silence. He grinned at them and his sexiness calmed them before he removed his glasses to wipe their memories of the incident.
 
After their memories had been cleansed they shook their heads confusedly as he slid his glasses back on. They looked at him and grinned at one another giggling. “Hey there.” They said their voices slick with seduction.
 
Acheron raised an eyebrow at them and smiled. “Shouldn't you ladies be getting home before your parents realize you're not in bed?” Ash asked knowing full well they were only sixteen and seventeen and out without permission. Being psychic has its advantages.
 
The girls' mouths dropped open again and then they glared at him bitterly before leaving the alley and heading home.
 
Ash laughed as they disappeared around the corner. “Kids.” He laughed as he adjusted his glasses and walked off into the darkness.

While she's deceiving me
She cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade
On the guy in shades, oh-no
Don't masquerade
With the guy in shades, oh-no
I can't believe it
Don't be afraid
Of the guy in shades, oh-no
It kinda scared you
'Cause you got it made
With the guy in shades, oh-no

Oh, I say I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I say it to you now
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I cry to you
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night