Fan Fiction ❯ Ill Favored Fate ❯ Ill Favored Fate ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! And Hi Hi! To Lost Elf! Seems we had the same idea but she got hers first on here but said it was ok for me to put up the one I wrote, so if there is any complaints about copycatting, shut up!!!! Hehe. R&R ppl! It's both rude and polite!
Flames welcome! Would prefer nice ppl but oh well!
The way our favorite Elf brings down the Oliphaunt is just a bit different from how he does it in either the book or the movie.
 
 
Chapter One: Ill Favored Fate
 
****
If ever there was a time to see
For the eyes of an Elf
That time would be now.
 
****
 
Aragorn granted Narsil's wish of blood with another stroke to an orc's neck. The blood splashed unhindered but by the block of the steel until removed and after flowed like molten lava. The blade soaked up every drop, curing its thirst and its master's `till again parch for red came. The stout Ranger poised and struck another dead and another, one by one, two by two, nary tiring and e're more eager for another dead sight of evil. The betrayal of the white wizard and need of revenge for his fallen allies surged the fuel and lighted his flame for death to the insidious creatures. Chaotic as Orcs are wont to be they ran to and from the angry Ranger who showed pride and gladness with each kill.
 
Gimli fought by side of the fearless yet King, his axe the sharpest of the Dwarven people would dream and sharper than what they would allow. Graceful in his arch and swing he brought down 15 thus far without escape, for if any orc ran an axe in the back he would receive for his cowardess. “Caitiffs! Every last one of them! Cowards. Ignoble in life and shamed in death.” Gimli remarked upon his 16th kill.
 
“Let them die in pain for Frodo's unfairly placed suffering.” Aragorn said with a swing of his sword to the belly of an oncoming Urok.
 
Legolas held already17 under his belt. He fought as bravely as Aragorn and as accurate as Gimli. His arrows never missed a throat, heart, or head depending on his graceful aim and pull of the bow. Every release brought him power as the fall of the Orcs an Uroks brought love to his sensitive ears as a most beautiful song. The battle was turning in their favor. Though they held a common purpose each desired, required, the fall of the other.
 
Now heard were the stomping of Oliphaunts rampant about the grounds of Pelennor Fields, swinging their spike-full tusks about wretch and fair and neither cared for hit by the rider. Eomer in his hatred and grief for fallen friend guided his spear to one healthy shot into an Oliphaunt rider and by his hand two beasts went down to Eomer's glory. Aragorn, in his bliss of another kill with Gimli farther yet still near his side neither saw the oncoming of the Oiliphaunt to their fair, Elf friend. Legolas himself was drowning in Orc bodies, focusing only to the bow and arrow in his hand, firing it into the heart of an enemy soldier. The Oliphaunt nor its captain left room for warning as the swinging trunk knocked into the back of Legolas and through the air. Only by sight of shadow to the Elf did Aragorn sight his friend so beloved falling across the sky and onto the ground. The creature's cadency bounced Legolas upon impact of the harsh land thrice until ceasing.
 
“Legolas!” Aragorn shouted to the Elf. Gimli shot up two eyes to befall the fallen prince.
 
Though fast was his run Aragorn did not make it to Legolas. A blockade of these demons they fought again and again as though cloned from those dead. Gimli as well found himself bound to the arms of Orcs.
 
The Oliphant stomped angrily past them and their herd set for the city and passing by Legolas. Quickly as the monster passed by Legolas grabbed a hold of the spike ridden rope connecting to each tusk, grabbing between the harsh spikes and drug along the ground at the fast pace of the thing. Upon rise of the head to set down another merciless thrash he rose himself up onto the nearest tusk by letting go at peak and dropping with the swing. The creature sent his trunk to pat off the pest but Legolas jumped to another tusk. With one of his glistening knives he had cut the rope of spikes from one tusk before he jumped and cut off the other. He swung the rope high, reaching with a long arm to the creature's eye. A spike as a lead it struck deeply and blinded its one side. Legolas left it imbedded and used it as a rope to climb onto the thing. Safer, however, was the dangling rope at the side that swung ever closer with the animal's rampant stomping, more chaotic and entirely uncontrollable to its master as its eye crumbled.
 
Legolas grabbed hold of the vine as the Oliphaunt reached with its trunk and pulled out the spikes, replacing them within his trunk until thrown away. Arrows shot about Legolas with not a hit but his own was more rewarded. His 20th to 24th trophies happed to their slow actions and stupidity. One, however, avenged his ill gotten and disliked friends by cutting the rope Legolas pulled himself up on. Quickly he brought out his two knives and dug each into the Oliphaunt, much to its objection. Now the Elf became an even greater pest, avoiding trunk and tail as he grappled his way to the top. It was torture for him; the hit and fall lasted within his near breaking body and with each step and reach he was reminded of Orc cruelty and Oliphaunt ruthlessness.
 
Upon reaching the top he stabbed the one at fault for his rough climb in the heart and released the knife as the enemy fell. He slashed at the others coming to his death and halted their plan indefinitely. He swiftly cut the rope which held their place atop the creature's back and only guessed the count that would be added to his list. Smiling he turned to the head of the creature only to find the rider still on board. Each to his own weapon they slowly grabbed but blindingly they fired. Legolas had Elf swiftness and the rider was shot down just as a thrust was made with his dagger. However the weapon still flew to its target, waved off centre, still hitting a replacement mark. It dug deeply within the bosom of Legolas, missing his heart but still doing its damage.
 
Legolas dropped to one knee and winced as the blade was pulled from himself. Now the pain of a blade added to the pain of a bruised and broken body. He could stand not much more of this. Besides the danger of emptying blood the Elf had to worry now about the direction of the beast. It ran off its course, to the gratefulness of those protecting what it sought to destroy, but at the fear of Aragorn and those befriended of Legolas. It was heading for another Oliphaunt, unspoiled by intrusion, and the sole rider in plain view of those who would kill him. Legolas ran for the head to kill it but did not reach in time to stop the collision as countless arrows and spears flew at him.
 
All had missed him and some stuck within his beast in attempt to bring both down. Legolas was in partial to the Oliphaunt he rode to die with his enemies, even at the cost of his own life. His heart, however, secretly wished it would not come to that.
 
An arrow flew with strength and precision to Legolas' back. He yelled in pain and surprise as his own three arrows made their way to the neck and death of the creature he rode. Then another joined its launched sibling in a shoulder blade. As the beast fell so did Legolas. His landing was quick and painful as it added on pressure to the already suffered body. He landed on his side just by the dead Oliphaunt, shielded at best from any further attack for comfort of his fall but he was terribly wounded and merging life and death.
 
****
 
 
 
This is my version as well as the end of Chapter One. I will, to those who care, continue after I get home from the movies.
 
Boogeyman….yeah!
 
[don't hurt me!]