Fan Fiction ❯ Inconclusive ❯ Discoveries ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
at the Titan Tower, beast Boy was bandaging his hand. “I never want to see another brick again.”
“I agree,” Starfire said definitely. She was still picking slime out of her hair as she sat on the couch. Beside her, Raven looked back at Robin.
“Any idea who that was?”
Robin shook his head. “None at all. They just appear, attack, and whoever that was just disappears without a trace when they‘ve finished.”
Cyborg was still rubbing the back of his head, the robotic part was slightly dented. “I can‘t wait until we see them again. If, no, when, I get my hands on him, I‘ll crush him.” He stood up before continuing, “They think they can do this and get away with it?!”
“Calm down, there‘s no need to get worked up now,” Robin sighed. He was looking at his belt figuring out what their attacker still had. All that was still unaccounted for was a cube that would release gas that caused everyone who breathed it to pass out. This could be a very bad thing to be used against them, but Robin tried not to discourage them by speaking casually as he said, “He took the knock-out gas.”
“Oh that‘s great,” Beast Boy said sarcastically. “Now if we meet him again, he can just knock us out and beat us up while we‘re sleeping!”
Robin sighed at his lost attempt not to rile up anyone over the discovery.
“I think the best thing we can do is get a good night‘s sleep,” Starfire said cheerfully. She was trying to lighten the mood of their defeat with her smile, but was miserable herself on the inside.
Cyborg and the others nodded solemnly as Raven turned on the security and they all went to their rooms. The muttered “Goodnight,” before closing the doors for the night.

* * * * *
The next morning, Robin and the others set out to search for clues of who they had been fighting the night before. Beast Boy morphed into a bloodhound to search on the ground, Starfire and Raven searched from above, and the others just went in different directions.
Robin saw a girl walking down the street who he didn’t recognize. She had short brownish auburn hair, and was wearing an outfit composed mostly of the colors brown and black: a brown tee shirt with a black hexagram, a short black pleated skirt that went half way down her thighs, and brown boots that almost reached the hem of the skirt. He didn’t say anything to her as he passed, but she looked up and smiled. Her cool, icy blue eyes were sparkling, but for some reason they did not seem happy. They reminded Robin of something, but he could not remember what it was. She continued down the street, but he turned around and stopped her.
“Do I know you from somewhere?”
She gave him a puzzled look. “No, I don‘t think so.”
He looked at her face carefully for a second before speaking again. “Sorry, I thought I recognized you.”
“It‘s ok,” she said with a smile. The both turned and went their separate ways once more.Suddenly, Robin was hit in the back with a stick. He spun around, but only the girl was there, and she was still walking away. The strike in the back made him remember what the eyes reminded him of, and he wasn’t happy about it.
“Freeze!” he exclaimed. The girl spun around with a panicked look on her face and Robin grabbed the stick that had fallen to the ground. He ran over and hit her in the back of the legs with it, knocking her to the road. She hit her head in the wrong spot, which caused her to lose consciousness. ‘Oh great, I didn’t expect that to happen,’ he thought. ‘This could be better, and safer, though.’
He picked her up and carried her to the side of the road before picking up his radio and telling the others that he found a very suspicious suspect.

* * * * *
Everything was fuzzy in the small dark room. Kara blinked her icy blue eyes and looked around. “Where am I?” she mumbled quietly.
The reply she received was, “Oh good, you have awaken.” It was a soft, sweet voice, but she could not see who it was. Once more, the voice spoke, though this time it wasn’t to her. There was a beep of an intercom, then “She has waken.”
A door opened, and four silhouettes entered the room. “Who are you?” Kara asked.
“We would like to know the same thing,” came back a reply from Raven.
“Please, tell me what I did; why did you take me here?!” demanded Kara. “I need to know!” She sat up and realized she was on a bed, in what looked sort of like a recovery room. She then looked back to them again. She recognized one silhouette and said, “Hey! You‘re that guy I saw on the street! You brought me here! What is your problem!”
As her anger rose, a vase beside her bed smashed against the wall near Robin. Starfire gasped, “Please stop, we mean you know harm.”
“Then why did you bring me here?!” she yelled.
“I think you know,” Cyborg said and took a step forward.
Raven turned the light switch on to get a better look at the girl, and nodded. “Yes, I recognize the eyes, too,” she said to Robin.
Kara grew very angry as no one answered her question directly. “Will ANYONE tell me what‘s going on!?”
Robin stepped forward. “We have reason to believe you have been the one who has been vandalizing the city and terrorizing the citizens.”
Kara laughed, almost thinking they were joking. “Are you serious? Why would I do something like that?”
“That‘s what we want to know,” Beast Boy replied.
“You fit the description, even if it is small, and apparently,” Raven pointed to the smashed vase, “you are also telekinetic.”
“So? I would never, never do something like that. In fact, I couldn‘t!”
“What do you mean?” Starfire questioned.
“I can‘t control my powers.”

* * * * *
“Do you think she was telling the truth?”
“How would we be able to tell?”
“The evidence all points to her.”
“If she was really angry though, she would’ve been able to hit Robin. No offense.”
“None taken. But earlier I was hit in the back with a stick. She was the only one I saw.”
“It could‘ve been someone else.”
“How many telekinetic people with those exact eyes could there be in one city?”
The conversation between the Titans was so fast pace it was difficult to tell who was saying what. There was evidence for and against their only suspect, and they could do nothing know but hold her in that room. If she truly could control her powers enough to escape, at least they would know she was the one they were searching for. If not, then they would just hold her until they got this whole thing cleared up.
Beast Boy looked at the clock and realized they had been debating this for so long, it was far past midnight. He pointed it out to Starfire, who announced it to the group. “I think we should all get some sleep and clear our minds. Perhaps tomorrow we can compare notes. That is how you say it, right?”
“Yes, and I agree. We should question the girl after looking for some more evidence,” Robin suggested. “Maybe learn her name, anything that might help.”
“Good idea. Now I for one am going to sleep.” Raven stood up and walked to her room.
The others followed her lead and headed to their rooms, except for Robin. He stayed, thinking over what had happened. ‘Did I do the right thing, bringing her here?’ he thought. ‘What if she is innocent? What if she’s not? How will we be able to tell?’
He finally stood up and walked to the room. He opened the door and walked in. He sat in the chair by Kara’s bed. She was asleep, but he just sat there and watched her. She didn’t seem to want to hurt him when they met, but he couldn’t tell if it had been an act the whole time or if he was mistaken. He sighed and left the room, thinking of nothing else he could do. He had to clear his mind, perhaps sleep would help…Converting /tmp/phpQTwFSj to /dev/stdout