Fan Fiction ❯ Ishiro ❯ Visit to the Pope! Welcome to the Capital! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 9: Visit to the Pope! Welcome to the Capital!
 
They were climbing up a path around the mountain that lead to the Capital.
 
“I am... tired.. need... to... rest...” said Nakaru as he breathed quite hard.
 
“We are close, a few steps more and we will be going down the mountain” said Roshika.
 
Suddenly Nakaru began to run. He reached the point where the path began going downhill. And he threw himself.
 
“IDIOT! I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!” yelled Roshika as Nakaru began rolling.
 
“That'll hurt” said Samari.
 
After they went down, they picked up poor Nakaru who was dizzy.
 
“Imbecile. You are the only fat idiot who would do that!” said Neiki. “Aw shit up..” replied Nakaru.
 
“It was funny though” said Sandou as he laughed.
 
“Ok, we are close to a checkpoint now, so everyone quiet, especially you Sandou” said Roshika as the checkpoint got closer.
 
They finally reached it.
 
“Identification sir” asked a Royal Guard.
 
Roshika handed his passport.
 
“Hmmm... very well then. These kids are your students?” asked the same Guard.
 
“Yes they are” replied Roshika.
 
“What happened to the fat one?” asked the guard.
 
“He threw himself from the mountain!” said Sandou as he exploded in laughs.
 
“Sandou.. quiet!” said Roshika.
 
“Well, I guess everyone go ahead. You are the ones who will see the Emperor right? He has asked that you go to the An Church first and talk to the Pope. So, go ahead!” said the Guard as he smiled.
 
Right. Everyone come on” said Roshika.
 
They entered by the west side of the Capital.
 
Tall buildings surrounded them, the crowds filled the streets with people selling stuff all over the place.
 
“This is so cool!” said Nakaru excited. “Cool!” said Sandou.
 
“Beautiful!” replied Shana. “Nice place...” said Samari.
 
“Ok stop the cheesy stuff...” said Roshika as everyone shut up.
 
“Oh my! I am here! THE CAPITAL!” said Nakaru.
 
“Hey, what's that place that says XXX. There are beautiful girls with little clothes there” asked Sandou. “None of your interest!” replied Roshika.
 
“Where is the Ice Cream Nyosuke?” asked Nakaru.
 
“It's close to the An Church. We are heading there right now.” replied Nyosuke. “Do you think we can stop there?” asked an excited Nakaru. “Yeah sure” replied Roshika.
 
“That better be good” said Sandou. “Cold, sweet... Hopefully it wont make me fat” said Samari. “Girls and fatness...” said Neiki as he continued walking. “We need to look good for men!” replied Shana.
 
Walking even more and they reached the An Church. It was a majestic place. Everything was in silver and gold. It had a tower that raised up in the middle.
 
“Wow... incredible” said Sandou with eyes opened wide.
 
“ICE CREAM!” yelled Nakaru as he read the sign on the left that said Ice Cream here.
 
“We must visit the Pope first. Then we are going to the Ice Creams” replied Roshika. “Aww.. ok” said Nakaru.
 
“This is beautiful” said Shana as she looked at the silver chairs. “Man, they must be rich” replied Samari.
 
“Cozy place don't you think Sandou” said Neiki. “I could live happily ever after here” said an awed Sandou.
 
“The An Church of East Country. There are four in the world. One in the North, then West, then South and then East. The An churches are the ones who check that the matter is steady so an overuse doesn't happen and affect us all in a negative way, like droughts and other things.” said Nyosuke as he explained everyone.
 
“You are a genius!” said Shana, “Stop hitting on him...” said Sandou.
 
“Nyosuke is right. Every Church has what is called a Pope, the head of it. The Pope of Light is our Pope. He has demanded to see us first so we must go to him. He's the one who decides who goes to the Hi Go headquarters to study.” continued Roshika.
 
The golden doors of the church opened revealing a path that led to a shrine.
 
They walked towards that shrine.
 
In that Shrine there were two dragons.
 
“What's that?” asked Sandou.
 
“Those are... We are in a hurry” said Roshika as he tried to avoid the question.

“Please answer Teacher!” said Samari.
 
“Well, the left dragon represents the Goddess of Wind while the God of Fire is represented by the right dragon.” replied Roshika.
 
“Well at least we got some info out of him” said Samari with a stupid looking face.
 
“Well, let's go!” said Roshika.
 
Sandou stood a while and looked at the Shrine. Then he walked along them.
 
“Awesome stuff right?” asked Shana. “Yeah, the Shrine was the most amazing thing” replied Sandou.
 
They were walking in a hall made of Diamonds and crystals.
 
“Beautiful!” said an excited Samari. “Wow, this is quite good actually” said Neiki.
 
“Ice Cream.. Ice Cream..” repeated Nakaru. “The An Church is the richest organization in the whole world. They can afford these luxuries” said Nyosuke.
 
Then at the end of the hall another Door, made of Diamonds and Gold opened.
 
A big room, beautiful in details was ahead. The Pope was in a throne.
 
“I have been waiting for you” said the Pope.
 
He was a man of about 65 years old. He had a huge gold staff in his left hand with a diamond on top of it.
 
“Everyone bow.” said a Guard.
 
The 7 bowed to the Pope.
 
“Raise your heads!” said the Guard.
 
“My lord” said Roshika.
 
“Yeah yeah. The Emperor told me you were coming to meet him tomorrow right?” said the Pope.
 
“Yes, lord” replied Roshika.
 
“Well, I am sorry to tell you that the reunion has been canceled. The Emperor is a bit sick and cannot see anyone. In that case I will see you tomorrow and recognize you then.” replied the Pope.
 
“Sir, may I ask what the Emperor is sick of?” asked Roshika,
 
“No one asks the Pope questions!” said a Guard.
 
“He is ill. Please, go on your way and stay in a Hotel. We will send economical benefits to the hotel that let's you stay. So please, enjoy the Capital. Tomorrow I'll see you” said the Pope.
 
“Yes sir” said Roshika as he walked backwards, then turned and walked towards the door.
 
“Guys, come” said Roshika.
 
They went outside the church.
 
“Aw damn. I wanted to see the emperor!” said Sandou. “Well, not today” replied Roshika.
 
“ICE CREAM!” yelled Nakaru. “Oh yeah... that...” said Roshika.
 
They entered the Ice Cream shop.
 
“Chocolayte?” said Nakaru trying to spell Chocolate.
 
“Chocolate is at special!” said the person attending them.
 
“Ok then! CHOCOLATE FOR EVERYONE! Make the bowls small please” said Roshika.

“Cheapstake...” said Shana. “TEACHER! PLEASE! I WANT THE BIGGEST!” yelled Nakaru. “Fine.... make one a Titan..” said Roshika.
 
They were all served and were eating.
 
“AWESOME!” said Nakaru. “This is very good!” said Shana. Everyone was enjoying the Ice Cream.
 
“Teacher. You are too quiet. Something's bothering you?” asked Nyosuke.
 
“No, its nothing” replied Roshika. “It's the illness of the Emperor right?” asked Nyosuke.
 
“Yes” replied Roshika.
 
“I know what you are thinking. We were asked to come here three days ago. We left the next day so a two day travel. The Emperor could have not gotten so sick so fast. Besides, if it was a known thing it would be on newspapers” said Nyosuke.
 
“Your deductive logic is the best of my class Nyosuke. I was thinking the very same thing right now” replied Roshika.
 
The other 5 students were listening to them.
 
“So you mean.. he is not really sick?” said Shana. “Yes” replied Nyosuke.
 
“Something is fishy here” said Roshika. “Lets go check on them!” said an always cheerful Sandou. “Not a bad idea” replied Neiki.
 
“We can sneak up on the Castle's hangar.” said Nyosuke.
 
“I don't know. A stealth mission is only for Ranks 15 and below it. You guys are not ready for this” said Roshika.
 
“Then Teacher. Why don't we wait in different positions and communicate via radio. We can be outside the hangar, telling you if there is someone coming in. Meanwhile, you sneak up inside the Hangar” said Nyosuke.
 
“Yeah! Good thinking Nyosuke!” said Neiki. “You guys get so hyped up” said Samari. “Let's do it Teacher!” said Sandou.
 
“Fine, we cannot wait for a team of Hi Go to arrive here so quickly. Using the advanced transport method they can be here in around 8 hours. It's about 6PM now and night is coming quickly. Fine, we will get some radios. Sandou, go buy them. I'll give you my card, don't wreck it!” said Roshika.
 
Night had already fell down. In the Church's tower, the Pope was standing looking outside. Suddenly someone appeared.
 
“You told them to go away?” asked a dark, creepy voice from the darkness.
 
“Yes...” said the Pope. “Good, you are following directions as told” said the voice.
 
“Stop this already! I could get in trouble!” said the Pope.
 
“You are already in trouble. Pope...” said the man as he moved towards the moon light revealing a man in a dark robe covering up his whole body, and then he continued “... you better follow our directions as told. My student is already at the Castle moving the needed pieces to attack. Don't you grow weak and stab me in the back, because it will be worst for you”. The man in the robe then walked away.
 
The Pope was trembling.
 
“What am I doing...” he whispered.