Fan Fiction ❯ It Should Be ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: This story is my tribute to gay rights.

 

 

I walk down the hall, with an empty and twisted soul.  My name I can't remember, but just call me Gay One.  That's what everyone calls me now.  I have no friends, family and probably no future.  I'm gay and everyone either hates me or is afraid of me, I can't tell which.  All I know is it started at the beginning of the month.  But before that, let me tell you what my life was before this happened.

 

You could say it was the perfect life.  My family adore me, being the only child and all, no matter what happened.  I was a modern grade +A student but very popular.  Every guy want me or one of my friends in our little clique.  I was voted nicest person in our class and second place to most popular.  First place went to my best friend, Tiffany.  I had a crush on her when we first meet in 9th grade but I never did anything.  It really was a great life.  Now back to the story.

 

One day in the hall, I was by Tiffany's locker.  She was talking about an anime she was watching last night and I kissed her... I really had no idea why but I did... and everyone saw.  It was going though out the school like wild fire.  I turned to Tiffany and her eyes were in shock.  She ran to the bathroom and I followed her to the door and then I couldn't get in.  My clique was going against me, the whole school was and I ran out of the school and into the football field behind the bleachers.  I could believe everyone's action.  Was it that weird, disturbing,... wrong...  I loved Tiffany, I really did.. I wouldn't hurt her, but I doubt anyone would listen to me.

"Need a tissue?"  I looked up to see Steve.  He was the only homo in the school... 'til now anyways.  "Please, just leave me alone!" I yelled and rowed over to my side.  "Hey, look I know how you must feel and I'm sure you can use a friendly shoulder."  I got up and turned to him.  "I don't need you, my clique will understand once I explain everything."  He just crossed his arms and said, "Look you know it's not like that anymore, it's a lot different now, I'm here alright."  I can't stand it any longer.  I knew he was right.  Tears started to far from my eyes as I ran to him and cried on his shoulder.

 

I didn't tell my parents about what happened, I didn't want to hurt them or something...  We were watching TV and the phone rang.  My mom got it and dropped the phone.  She told us who called.  It was my principle.  He told them that I kissed Tiffany and that I skip class.  My dad smacked me, hard.  I could not believe it.  I never been hit by anyone before.  I was so scared.  "Get out! I never want to see your filthy, lesbian ass in this house again".  Tear were falling from him face.  I looked at mom and she turned away.  It hit me that they were ok with whatever I did except being gay.  It was too cruel.  I wanted to leave now more then anything.  I went up to my room, grab my clothes, and money and left before I could change their mind.  And if they had, I would not have stayed, I don't need to live where being gay was the only thing wrong I could do.

 

I walked to school and fell asleep in a bush.  It was uncomfortable but I need to be in school still.  When I woke up, I look really bad.  But it didn't seem to matter either way.  No one was would talk to me except Steve.  But just ignored him.  Around lunch time I could not find anywhere to sit, no one would let me sit with them.  I saw Steve sitting by himself reading the latest book of Fruits Basket.  I walked over to him, "It's really nice to have someone to sit with."  He didn't look up.  I hear the snickers all around us.  "Just ignore them, they can't do anything yet."  He was right.  He put a bookmark in the book and put it down.  We just started to talk about mangas, anime, everything about each other, almost like we were friends forever and beyond.  It was the best I ever felt.  I told him about last night with my parents.  He told me to wait by my locker after school with my stuff.  I had no clue but I just nodded and we talked until lunch was over.

 

At the end of the day, I waited at my locker with my luggage and books and waited for him.  He came running and went passed me and ran back.  "Sorry about that. I had to talk to a teacher."  He took my arm and lead me to his car.  "Come on! You're living with me."  He drove me to an apartment and we went in.  It was beautiful, there was a couch and two bed room.  He pointed to the left one.  "This one is yours."  He patted me head and tears started to form.  "It's nice to have a roommate."  I hugged him and he hugged me back.  We were a family.  We supported each other and took care of each other.  We even called each other brother and sister everywhere.  No one was going to stop us....  That is... until three months later...

 

---------------------

 

Three months living with Steve had been better then I ever thought.  We were outside at home when I heard foot steps behind us.  We turned around and saw someone have a gun, pointing it at me.  Everything went in slow motion.  Steve pushed me back and blocked me, and got shot.  "Get lost gay one!"  They ran off and I bent over Steve.  "big Brother... don't die..."  He took his hand and wiped a tear away.  "I love you, Sis.  Top drawer...." He died in my arms and I cried.  My heart was ripping apart at the seams.  I took his body and made him a grave and put him in it.  That where I sleep that night.  On top of his body underground.  The rain came but I stayed there until Sunday morning came.  I went to his room and went though his stuff.  In his top drawer, there was a note to me.  I opened it up and inside there was 1,000.00 that he must have saved.  There also was a letter.  It said:

 


Dearest Sis,
   If you are reading this letter then I must have died.  Please don't grieve
for me, just be happy.  I give you everything I have to start a new life and
to find somewhere that both of us could life without discrimination.  I love
you to no end and wish that you find happiness.

          &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;        Love Your Big Brother, Steve.

 


I was so happy.  I packed up and got ready to leave.  I left a not for the landlord saying that I was moving out and to sell whatever was left in the apartment.  Now all that's left for me to do was to tie up ends at school.  So here I am now, one day later, ready to leave.  I already did everything I needed to and started to walk out.  But I ran into Tiffany.  She would not even turn to me so I had to tell her everything to her back.  "Tiffany, I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway.  I loved you for a long time and you've know me for so long... I'm sorry but it can't be helped."  She turned around a gave me a look that made it seem I was way lower then her.  "Look you little gaywad!  You can't have feelings.  You can't really be human is your a girl who likes a girl can you!  Your just an animal for the discovery channel."  Everyone 'oh'ed at the insult and laughed. 

 

I was so mad, I never knew her to be such a snot.  I feel out of love, now I just hated her more then anyone at that school.  "So after all this time, knowing my weaknesses and strong points, know my secrets and everything I do, you tell me that I have no feelings!  I think it's the opposite was around you Bitch!"  She turned shocked, I never swear before, ever!  I took out a pair of scissors and cut off half of her beloved hair, and nicked her in the face while doing so.  I ran off, ready to start a new life.  I was off to find paradise, to where Steve would be please with if he was here with me... but he was in his letter.  My true calling had show his face and now I'm going towards it.

 

The End

 

 

"Let us be defiant."
"Watch what happens when you make a bunch of dopes angry!"
"Go on and laugh at those who challenge destiny
Let's kill each other.
We'll put up a futile struggle,
howling and shedding blood.
Only then will our genesis unfold."
- From Angel Sanctuary the Anime.